Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What is Your FAV Self Tanner??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Okay,
I need to buy a self tanner now that it is winter. I have made a promise to myself to never bake in the sun with baby oil like I used too in the past.

I need a self tanner that will not rub off onto clothes, create the leapord look after a day or so, or get a orangy and leave a nasty ring around the tub. Well, the ring around the tub I can live with but the leapord blothiness I hate. Please reccommend to this deperate and daily skin color depletion girl.

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
My new fav is Malibu Hemp Golden Glow moisturizer. I found mine at Walmart in the US. It has a nice smell and gives a nice natural gradual tan. I like it even better than my fake bake.

HTH
Sherri
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
There's a few threads in here for these that are old. I know a lot like the Jergens, but that's a lotion that gives you a subtle glow, also Dove was one that was mentioned too. Are you looking for one that's a complete tanner, or one that's gradual?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I loooove L'Oreal Sublime Glow (the daily, gradual lotion). It's never made me blotchy, it's a gorgeous bronzy-brown color and it has golden glitter! There's another one called Sublime Bronze that is an actual self-tanner (NOT a gradual lotion), but I haven't tried it.

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried them all and would only ever use the Rodial self tan which is miles ahead of the rest.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using self tanners for years but I'm also naturally fairly dark. (usually wear med. warm type colors).

Anyway, I love Aveeno's gradual tanner because it moisturizes longer than the others I've tried.

My HG is L'Oreal Sublime Bronze. It has a slight sheen that looks wonderful ... a sunless tanner that adds a sheen similar to Nars Body Glow.

SUN products is also good for its dark brown color.

BUT ... a lot depends on your natural skin tone. You can always check out product reviews and skin typing onwww.sunless.com.
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much! I went to the website and figure out I am a Type IV:
"Burns minimally; always tans well to moderately brown."

I still am not sure about the one for me. Does anyone have experience with the products they reccomended for my type below????

Recommended products: Au Courant Bronze Face Gel in Copper, Clinique Self-Sun Self-Tanning Lotion Dark, Neutrogena Sunless Tanning Foam in Deep, Neutrogena Sunless Tanning Foam in Extra Deep, SUN Laboratories Dark Sunsation, SUN Strictly Faces Extra Dark.

The gradual tanner is fine, I just don't want the leapord effect at all.

PLEASE KEEP with the SUGGESTIONS!!!!

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
chellsta wrote:
Thank you all so much! I went to the website and figure out I am a Type IV:
"Burns minimally; always tans well to moderately brown."

I still am not sure about the one for me. Does anyone have experience with the products they reccomended for my type below????

Recommended products: Au Courant Bronze Face Gel in Copper, Clinique Self-Sun Self-Tanning Lotion Dark, Neutrogena Sunless Tanning Foam in Deep, Neutrogena Sunless Tanning Foam in Extra Deep, SUN Laboratories Dark Sunsation, SUN Strictly Faces Extra Dark.

The gradual tanner is fine, I just don't want the leapord effect at all.

PLEASE KEEP with the SUGGESTIONS!!!!

I'm a Type IV too.

Neutrogena foam in extra deep is good but it's not consistent - sometimes I seem a little more orange.

SUN labs dark Sunsation is the one I mentioned above. It comes out dark brown and stains you dark brown - no orange whatsoever. Good for the weekend because it's too obviously suddenly dark for the weekday.

I like gradual tanners and have about 3. It's nice if you're maintaining a tan and the Aveeno brand is more moisturizing than my Jergens, Hawaiian Tropic or Paradise Island brands. Problem I've had - though - is going from not noticeable ... to oops, telltale lines on my ankles. It's almost easier with regular tanners because you're careful with applications all-the-time.

Sunless is also good for learning techniques. Seems over the years people have developed some amazing techniques.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't had anything remotely resembling the leopard effect with L'Oreal Sublime Glow. Everything else I've tried has been splotchy...except for, maybe, the Dove Energy Glow. I like the L'Oreal more because of the golden glitter, and I like the deep tan color that I get, which is a good complement to my already-tan complexion.

I just use it sparingly on knees, elbows, and ankles, and I have yet to see any weird lines.

I'm a type IV too! Very Happy

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies!!!!

Any other good ones out there before I purchase my winter skin????????? Bad Grin

Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Although I hate driving you to another website, sunless.com really does have a huge forum. I've been going there off/on for 8 years.

Au Courant is very popular, St. Tropez ... but a lot depends on skintype and how you apply. It seems like some brands are excellent - if you are willing to change your technique ... and some techniques were just too much of a pain for me.

L'oreal Sublime Bronze is still my fave. Like RedDevil says - beautiful golden shimmer for us Type IVs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi, not sure what you mean about 'not rubbing off on clothes'? If you mean in the period in which it's soaking in, then the Clarins untinted version is probably the best I've tried. If you don't mind sleeping in it and getting pyjamas / sheets looking like they've been at the tip, my picks are Ella Bache Great Tan and St Tropez in either cream or mousse. Really can't go past them for effect. Also, I suggest a few tips picked up over the years - apart from the usual exfoliation recommendation, moisturise with a really heavy cream like the Jurlique hand creams, on all rough skin and slather on feet and hands first. Use disposable rubber gloves and sponge the backs of hands with the tanner to finish off. When the tan is developed, you can buff out darker bits with an emery board to get an even colour, and if your tan is a total disaster, a quick whip over with hair bleach will totally eliminate it in seconds! Good luck!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
ejthomas wrote:
Hi, not sure what you mean about 'not rubbing off on clothes'? If you mean in the period in which it's soaking in, then the Clarins untinted version is probably the best I've tried. If you don't mind sleeping in it and getting pyjamas / sheets looking like they've been at the tip, my picks are Ella Bache Great Tan and St Tropez in either cream or mousse. Really can't go past them for effect. Also, I suggest a few tips picked up over the years - apart from the usual exfoliation recommendation, moisturise with a really heavy cream like the Jurlique hand creams, on all rough skin and slather on feet and hands first. Use disposable rubber gloves and sponge the backs of hands with the tanner to finish off. When the tan is developed, you can buff out darker bits with an emery board to get an even colour, and if your tan is a total disaster, a quick whip over with hair bleach will totally eliminate it in seconds! Good luck!

damn, you're good. I'm going to have to try self tanning again (I'd given up because I'm so crappy at applying it and look like I'm wearing orange leggings)
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:

damn, you're good. I'm going to have to try self tanning again (I'd given up because I'm so crappy at applying it and look like I'm wearing orange leggings)

Waffle . . .you are too funny!!! LMAO about orange leggings . . .love ur honesty! Laughing

Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'm posting even though I'm very fair, burn first, tan eventually if done slowly. It's Tan Towels for me because the tan is very gradual so I don't wake up looking like a giraffe, they are not messy, no bad smell, and the solution doesn't collect between the toes or at the knees. The best part is that it dries so fast you don't need to worry about rub-off. I should mention that I'm not a fanatical self-tanner - I only use the stuff off-and-on during the summer when I want my legs and feet to look good in sandals and capris - so take my rec with a grain of salt. Tan Towels allow me to be lazy because I can get a nice color quickly without very much effort. I'd never go back to a cream because the dry time and mistakes were too frustrating. My Jet Tan remains in a box waiting for me to try it.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Clarins self tanning instant gel is a good choice because its light for the body and not oily for the face. Better for oily skin and the gel is alredy brown so you see a little better where you apply it.Liquid bronze self taning is a good choice to. You apply it on a cotton pad and you put it on lique a toner its only for the face and décolleté.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |