Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any Solutions To Teen Acne?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Steven22

Sun May 02, 2004 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Im a 15 yr old male who's life has been flipped upside down because of acne. Last year I was in my prime finally comming out of my shell dating girls and heightining my self esteem. Now that has all crashed down and I have been struck with a (disease) as I like to call it along with 90% of you. My acne use to be the occasional zit here and there but recently black heads, cysts and white heads have accumulated on my face, neck, shoulder and back. I have tried many cleansers and topical agents. I was even recently put on tetracyclin which did rarely nothing, and now im on Minocyclin. like its predecessor it is failing me. If someone is reading this please help me with my case, its hurting my self esteem dramatically and life right now just basically sucks. Thanx Alot! Wink
Drew2516

Mon May 03, 2004 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I also was going through what you are but not as bad. My face was full of bumps and I got made fun of. Even though it wasn't that bad, I asked my mother if she could take me to the dermatologist. He gave me a tube of Duac Topical Gel. It contains 1% clindamycin and 5% benzoyl peroxide. It worked wonders! After about one to two months my face was near it's original state and I have a few bumps every now and then, but since I have used it, I have never been happier. P.S. I also saw an Acne kit at Wal-Mart a couple of nights ago containing benzoyl peroxide for about 20 bucks. I hope you do well with whatever you do. Tell me how you do.
Caspers Mum

Wed May 05, 2004 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about your state-of woe Crying or Very sad There IS hope, however, and I will suggest some simple, unisex products for you to consider. I am unsure of whether your skin is oily, or normal/combination, so I will base my recommendations on a normal/combo. skin.

First, however, I must recommend that you continue your course of antibiotics that have been prescribed by your doctor. If you discontinue them mid-way through, you've not only wasted your money, but the treatment hasn't been long-enough to be possibly effective. Tetracylcine usually DOES help with acne (amongst other skin conditions), but Minocylcin is another effective antibiotic. Please note that when taking antibiotics such as these, that the skin becomes more sensitive to sun, so I advise using an oil-free sunblock on a daily basis. A few good ones: Peter Thomas Roth Oil-Free Sunblock SPF 20 or 30, or DDF Sungel SPF 30. Cool And now, for the skincare .....

An exfoliating cleanser such as MD Formulations Cleanser with Glycolic Acid will help remove dead skin cells, gently, on a daily basis. These often trap-in oil, dirt & bacteria, causing blackheads and pustules Brick wall If your skin IS oily, use the version for Oily/Prone Skin, but otherwise, the regular version ought to be adequate.

Even problematic skin needs moisture & hydration! Therefore, I recommend using a lightweight, non-oily product such as MD Formulations Advanced Hydrating Complex Gel. Also, Dermalogica's Oil Control Lotion would be a great choice for you! Of course, follow these with sunblock daily Shame on you At nighttime, if you want more treatment, try the Dermalogica Clearing Complex. Otherwise, start with one of the two aforementioned moisturizers, using them day/night.

For pesky "zits" ... you can apply a topical gel such as Peter Thomas Roth's 10% BPO Gel. Your blackheads should clear-up with using the cleanser, so use a product like this only on the really BIG pimples. DO ... NOT ... PICK! Shock This will only: cause scarring, spead bacteria, and possibly cause the blemish to fester under the skin (those lovely "underground zits" as I call them). Not good.

Peter Thomas Roth also makes a great Cooling Sulfur Mask, which helps when acne arises. I know that this sounds kind of "girlie", but this really ought to help when in-need.

Also, carrying a pack of Dermalogica Anti-Bacterial Wipes in your school or gym bag wouldn't be a bad idea either. Teenage boys sweat, and their hormones are crazy. Use one of these beauties to mop-up grime on your face, chest, back, and shoulders.

And as far as your "bacne" and chest break-outs go, an effective body wash is a good idea. Something with salycylic or glycolic acid: PTR's Medicated 5 or 10% BPO Acne Wash, MD Formulations Face & Body Scrub, or DDF After-Sport Shower Gel. Rub-a-dub-dub! Razz
Mabsy

Thu May 06, 2004 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Could I just add to this that Tetracycline is a rather harsh antibiotic and, when used long term, has other side effects which may make you regret using it later on. Like say permanent (or at least "almost impossible to remove") teeth staining Sad

Another few products that you may like to consider using would be: MDF Clearning Complex and MDF Clearing Complex Masque. Also Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel, though I got the impression that the MDF stuff was stronger (albeit more drying).

Good luck, I'm sure you'll find a skincare regime that works well for you and your skin will be looking good as new soon!

Mabsy
west coast girl

Fri May 07, 2004 2:13 am      Reply with quote
hey Steve,
I couldnt resist I usually dont use these forum's but after reading your posting I absolutely had to stop and share this with you. Im 26 and finally got my acne under control after wasting hundreds and hundreds of dollars on different skin products including MD formulations and Proactiv and much much more that promised to work but didnt for me, dozens of trips to the dermatologists, injections, antibiotics, I have tried it all, until one day I finally discovered a tiny bottle called "On A Clear Day Gel" from the company Philosophy. The products were made especially for teenage and adult acne. Its a clear gel that you apply first once a day then twice a day and then you build it up to three times per day until you get the acne under control then its totally safe to reduce the applications. I have sensitive skin and this stuff worked and continues to work miracles for me and now my entire circle of friends and family members are all hooked on it too. I can not live without this stuff. The company also has a really good moisterizer that works really well with the gel Its called "hope in a bottle". The gel is only $32 Canadian, not bad at all!! Even if it was double or triple in price I would still be buying this product cuz beleive you me it works. Check out their websitewww.philosophy.com im pretty sure theirs a list on their site of stores that carry the philosophy products, i usually order it from Sephora its fast and sometimes works out to cheaper. Anyways dont give up hope, try this product out and you will see your skin improve dramatically and your confidence will go through the roof. Good Luck Wink
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |