Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Candessence - Yes, another rave!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I recently put in a big order with Candy - http://www.candessence.com - as Christmas is drawing ever closer and I wanted family and friends to sample some of the stuff I love. Naturally, I also couldn't resist ordering a few treats for myself.

The first box arrived a couple of days ago, packed with goodies. Candy had very generously thrown in some fantastic extras, which absolutely made my day.

I notice that Candy has been busy revamping the packaging and labelling. They look really professional now, with smart green, white and black labels. The body butter came in classy metal tins and the bottles were made from sophisticated-looking green glass. I know that the product itself is the most important consideration, but these really look so much more elegant in your bathroom now.

Anyway, here's a run-down of the items I've tried so far...

NEVER-ENDING MOISTURE BODY BUTTER
Most of you probably know by now that I'm a big fan of this already. The waxy texture softens quickly with the heat of your body and feels great on your skin. It also keeps skin feeling smooth, soft and hydrated all day long.

My new order, however, gave me a chance to sniff just some of the huge range of scents on offer. Fudge Brownie was my top favourite before and it still is, but I must admit that the other scents I'd ordered also smelt amazingly delicious - Banana Nut Bread and Cherry Almond. Even my pernickety husband, who can be pretty scathing about how beauty products smell, was entranced. I just know that the recipients will be delighted. (Mind you, I did warn Candy that I am severely tempted to keep them for myself!)

6% DMAE SERUM
Yep, this is the one they've all been going crazy over, so I really had to try it out for myself.

The texture is extremely light and watery, meaning that it sinks into your skin immediately. No waiting around necessary. It also means that I could apply other products and make-up on top without any balling up - something which has troubled me with every other DMAE product I've tried so far.

The serum felt comfortable on my face, and I even used it around my eyes with no problems at all.

Even though it's early days, I definitely could feel that my skin was a little firmer. As the effects are supposed to be cumulative, I'm hoping this will get even better with continued use.

So far, I'm very pleased and would certainly re-purchase. I believe it may well turn out to be one of the best DMAE products I've yet encountered.

WHAT SCAR? (FOR FADING SCARS)
This stuff looked rather strange in its white tub - very waxy, green with specks of brown and slightly grainy. However, when I scooped a little of it out and rubbed it between my hands, it melted beautifully and became smooth, working well into my skin.

As the name would suggest, this is a treatment for scars and stretchmarks. I bought it as an attempt to try fading the horrible ingrowing hair scars on my legs, left after using my epilator. It's meant to be used at least twice a day, so I'm applying it morning and night.

What Scar? doesn't smell as delicious as Candy's other products, although I certainly didn't find it unpleasant. Of course, this is full of ingredients which are meant to perform a very special purpose, so the scent is not terribly important.

I've found it to be pretty soothing and moisturising so far. Obviously, though, fading scars doesn't happen overnight. I shall keep using it and report back with any results. I've been delighted with all the other products I've tried from Candessence and am keeping my fingers crossed that this one will perform just as well.

BATH MELTS
Aw, I got little ducks! They were soooo cute! It almost felt cruel to see them melting and fizzing around the bath, disappearing into nothingness. Laughing

The scent was one of my favourites (I have Candy's Encore Hand Cream in this one too) - I think it's called Butter Nut. Whatever it is, it's blummin' gorgeous!

So, back to the wee ducks. After I'd committed duckicide by melting them in my bath, the water and room were filled with the most extraordinary scent. This lasted for hours and hours afterwards, too.

When I got out of the bath, I was delighted to find that my skin felt soft and smooth. I did apply body moisturiser (my skin is very dry), but I didn't need to as the melts had made it feel lovely and hydrated.

NEED A HAND? (HAND & FOOT SCRUB)
This also smelt of my beloved Butter Nut scent. It's a scrub, aimed at hands and feet, which comes in a white tub.

The texture looks and feels quite solid at first, but again, it soon softens and exfoliates your skin with sugar granules. You scrub until the granules eventually dissolve and it really doesn't feel horribly rough.

My skin was left feeling soft and smooth, moisturised and wonderfully scented.

Candy also kindly included some Eye'll Be Seeing You Roll On Eye, Lip & Neck Precious Oils. I haven't tried this yet, and am also awaiting another parcel from Candessence (can't wait!)

I shall update this review when I've had a chance to try the other goodies.

I'd just like to add that, for me, one of the very best things about Candessence products is that they contain good stuff - not all of the awful fillers and such that so many big companies cram into their wares. In fact, I never even so much as look in the direction of the Body Shop or Lush these days as I know I can buy things which work far better, smell more gorgeous and have nicer ingredients from Candy.

Thanks, Candy. I'll be back for more! Very Happy
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
your going to flip over the eye'll be seeing you roller ball thingie!!! Also with the dmae, stick with it, I am somewhere on week 4-6 and it just keeps getting better!!!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I just placed an order with her, and I can't wait to receive it! I ordered the DMAE, the handcream, and some monkey farts bubble bath for my little nephew.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my two soaps in Arabian Sandalwood and Pink Sugar (love love LOVE THEM!), Eye'll be seeing you (wonderful!!), VC Serum 25% (soaks in so well), and my beloved F'ugly soap plus extras of course Smile Yay Candessence...

I will be ordering a body butter in Arabian Sandalwood, as well as a body spray I believe. She has so many great scents it's hard to choose!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie - Yes, I'm looking forward to using my roller ball oils. At the moment, though, I'm testing an Origins facial oil product for Beauty Bible so want to wait until the trial for that's finished so I can give the Candessence one a real work out. Love the DMAE already! Very Happy

Tosca - The handcream is absolutely amazing - fantastic for using throughout the day when you don't want to be dealing with sticky, slimy hands afterwards. You'll love it, I reckon. Some bubble baths are due to arrive in my next order. Sadly not for me, though - they're gifts for others. Will probably be seriously tempted to order a bottle for myself next time.

ParisTroika - I'm intrigued by the Arabian Sandalwood. Please report back on it. As well as foodie scents, I do love oriental spices and woods.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm still cracking up over the monkey farts bubble bath!!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, me too, Marina. That's the whole reason I bought it.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the "encore" hand lotion, What Scar, and the Gimme A Smooch Lip Balms in coconut and Pina Colada. I've never been much of a lip balm girl, (most are not very moisturizing) so I'm looking forward to trying these out. They sound amazing! Very Happy
I just hope the order doesn't get held up somewhere as many of my packages have been lately! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
majorb, you tipped me over the edge a couple of weeks back when I was looking for a new body cream. I ordered Candy's body butter, the hand cream and What Scar. I am crazy about rose-scented products and I asked her to make my creams rose-scented (except for the scar ointment) and WHAOW! I really was blown over. Candy was so professional and my order arrived promptly. The body butter is gorgeous, so luxurious and sinks in so well. My only quibble is that I'm not crazy about the container. I find it hard to pry open after my shower with wet hands,and it also quickly got slippery. The body cream is "Vintage rose" and the scent is very subtle and light. My hand cream is "Wild rose", the scent is more classic rose, like Crabtree and Evelyn rose. I am very impressed with the hand cream. I have it at work and it never leaves any oily traces on paper, even after I've just applied it. I haven't truly tested What Scar yet but it "looks" good. DH likes its scent. In my order, Candy also included the cutest, most divine single-use guest soaps. They are silk rose petals which have been individually dipped in rose-scented soap. You use it and throw away the petal. I love them so much I ordered more and I'm reserving them for special occasions. So, I am really really happy with Candy's products and I thank you, oh majorb, for giving me a push in the right direction. Also Mary H. who was the first one to tell me about Candy, a while back.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
sportygirl - I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of those fab items. The Gimme A Smooch is absolutely lovely. Candy kindly included one in my very first order - in chocolate. It smells amazing and feels great on my lips.

Agent 00-CAT - (I always smile when I see your name.) I'm so glad I helped entice you into ordering some of Candy's goodies! Those rose petals sound incredible. They'd make a truly special gift or treat.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
i was trying to order some perfume from Candy but it looks like her site is sorta underconstruction because the perfumes are not listed. The site is looking good though.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
sportygirl - I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of those fab items. The Gimme A Smooch is absolutely lovely. Candy kindly included one in my very first order - in chocolate. It smells amazing and feels great on my lips.

Agent 00-CAT - (I always smile when I see your name.) I'm so glad I helped entice you into ordering some of Candy's goodies! Those rose petals sound incredible. They'd make a truly special gift or treat.

Hi majorb - No, by the all the raves Candy keeps getting for her products, I don't think I will either! Now if it would just GET here.... Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to give a quick update. I've now been using Candessence 6% DMAE Serum for several days, morning and night.

Before today, I really thought I could feel a difference in the firmness of my skin, but when I looked in the mirror this morning a wee while after applying it, I could actually see a tightening up of the crinkle in the outside corner of each eye.

This DMAE serum is the only thing that's ever made such a difference to that area. And I am absolutely over the moon with it. Very Happy
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I can totally relate Majorb!!! I am so use to products doing great then poof nothing. This DMAE just keeps getting better, I am still months later in love with this product, the results truely just keep getting better. Since adding the C,E & Feriluc, the results are even more impressive!! My face is "super" firm and super smooth. I am at a loss for descriptions other than FIRM AND SMOOTH!! I am not sure if its the cummulative results or the combo, either way I am sticking with the combo!!
Her Eye'll Be Seeing You, product is great as well, after a few weeks use, my undereyes are "soft" hydrated, dewy, just better!! I also added her HA serum to the mix, and it sinks right in as well, the prob in the past I've had with HA serums is they are so thick that I stop using them, not this one. My skin is def more moisturised, plumper, firmer and smoother!!

I just tried her Brown Sugar Scrub, and omg I had to stop myself from eating that products, the smell is divine, and my skin was baby soft and moisturized after my shower!!

All in all I find, I am using less products, spending less and my skins never been happier!!
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Candy.. are your products suitable for oilies like me??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
amaska...I have combo (oily in T-zone)/prone to breakout skin and I use her Vit. C serum and "Eye'll be seeing you" oil just fine Smile

I love Candessence!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Just placed my first order for the shower gels as holiday presents. I forgot to ask her about a sample of the DMAE to try. I wanted to just take the plunge but since I break out so easily I want to go slow. So looking forward to her products as pink sugar is one of my fave scents!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
I got the DMAE last week, and I'm loving it so far! I think I may be seeing some results from it already. Surprised I need to use it a while longer before I post a review, though. I'll probably post around Christmas time.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I actually saw and felt results on the dmae very rapidly, within days, but what it does long term, is even more amazing. This stuff keeps getting better, the firmness remains and gets better. Its as I've said before def cummulative. I've used so many products that I love for 3 weeks then nothing, but this just keeps going!!! I am trying a matrixl 3000 serum of hers and will def see if it keeps working, my last try at matrixl 3000 (Isomers), I loved, then poof nothing at about 3 weeks. So I'll give this one past that 3 week time frame. I have since found out the matrixly studies were at 5-8%, and isomers was only using 3%, so no wonder it didnt live up to the hype, even they have now changed to a 5%. I am using a matrixyl 3000 at 8%, so fingers crossed and I'll report back after xmas!!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:30 am      Reply with quote
My DMAE Serum is still holding up very well, and there does indeed seem to be some increase in firmness. So far, excellent. Will report back on its performance as time goes on.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the DMAE and vit C serums. I love the body butter. It goes a long way and has really helped my hands.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Just recd. my order and I was so blown away! The pink sugar scrub with the shower hook is incredible and the smell so lingers. My hubby loved the encore lotion, anything that doesn't leave a greasy feel. I am trying the sample of the DMAE she so kindly included and will post back to see how it firms, but no breakouts with it so far, so that's good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Annie although I saw results quickly the dmae is cummulative, its still working on me and I've been using for several months now. I ordered and tried darrens, just so I could see what the difference in the two forms were like; sad to report I will not be the one to do this test, the smell of the amine form is intense, its extremely strong, so no way I can use it, wish I could, its also a gel form and thats harder on my skin to penetrate (huge pet peeve of mine is stuff not sinking right it, gels tend to take a bit for me and still make stuff on top harder to sink it). So if anyone one else wants to do a real compare that would be great, but be warned the smell is not slight its extremely fishy. So I mean no offense to his product, it might rock, I just can't get past the smell.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Used the DMAE for several days now it is does seem to be working, will check back and update. That pink sugar shower gel is awesome!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Used the DMAE for several days now it is does seem to be working, will check back and update. That pink sugar shower gel is awesome!

Annie, do you use it before your c serum am? When do you apply it in the evening. I've gotten pretty confused the last couple of days with all the ph talk et al. I can't seem to find a proper time to apply it. Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |