Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Candessence - Yes, another rave!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
AnnieR wrote:
Used the DMAE for several days now it is does seem to be working, will check back and update. That pink sugar shower gel is awesome!

Annie, do you use it before your c serum am? When do you apply it in the evening. I've gotten pretty confused the last couple of days with all the ph talk et al. I can't seem to find a proper time to apply it. Thanks.

I am not Annie, but I read on another thread, to use the vit c at nite wait about 20 mins then carry on with whatever you want. I am going to give this a try. I've just been using dmae both nite and day and using it first, with no problems at all. The theory on letting c sit for 20 is the exfolliation process, I think thats what I read, and I agree its all confusing.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I received my order about a week or two ago. I got some bubble bath, the 6% DMAE, and the Encore lotion. I had also asked Candy about HA serum because I wanted to purchase it too. Instead, she sent a full-sized bottle for no charge!! I was really blown away by this! Thanks, Candy!!

Here's what I think so far:

Encore lotion: not greasy but does a really good job of moisturizing. A little goes a long way, and it soaks right in. Very nice!

DMAE: This is a much thinner texture than what I was using. This soaks in much better because it doesn't have that gel consistency that wants to sit on top of your skin. I feel like I can see a difference in my naso labial lines, but I'll have to report back on that because I haven't been using it long enough to say for certain. I also think it's adding firmness around the eye area. I don't have a lot of lines there, but I think that this DMAE is going to help keep me from getting them, and I also feel like I see an increased firmness over the brow and under the eye.

HA: I like this, and I'm mixing it with my emu oil morning and night. It's a thinner consistency too, and I really think that helps it to soak in.

Haven't tried the bubble bath because it's not for me.

Overall, I'm really liking Candy's products, and I will definitely re-purchase!
4thin02
5% products discount

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I have payed twice as much for other serums that contain 5% DMAE , Matrixyl 3000, DMAE, Idebenone Hyaluronic Acid, plus other goodies and I never saw much of a difference, even after several months of use. I've been using Candy's 6% DMAE serum, and I'm loving it! Within the first week, I noticed the creases around my eyes lessening, and my naso-labial folds have nearly disappeared. There have been a few times I've done a double take in the mirror within 1/2 hour of application and seen great more taunt looking skin! I will surely buy more, and check out her other products as well.
Many Blessings & Thank You Candy!!
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I just have to add my RAVE for Candy's bath products & soaps! I used her Exfoliating Body Butter & OMG I am in love! I got the buttercream fragrance, and this stuff looks, feels, & smells just like buttercream icing. It took every ounce of willpower I had to not to taste a bit! Anxious But I swear I gained 5 pounds just smelling it! Laughing
I also used her Lemon & Rosemary Bar Soap & am loving this as well. It's a clear glycerin soap, with little bits of herbs (maybe lemon balm?) & rosemary in it. It smells DIVINE! Both products do not leave your skin feeling stripped or tight, very soft & moisturized. I also order her soap-dipped rose peatls, but they are so pretty I just can't bring myself to use one. Embarassed So I am putting them in a little crystal bowl in the powder room, along with some dried white rose petals for contrast. (the soap ones are red & pink). Talk about total indulgance! Hand-dipped rose petals! Laughing
Anyway, great job Candy! I wish you all the best of luck with your company & will be sending anyone looking for bath products your way! Wink
-Darren

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
I just have to add my RAVE for Candy's bath products & soaps! I used her Exfoliating Body Butter & OMG I am in love! I got the buttercream fragrance, and this stuff looks, feels, & smells just like buttercream icing. It took every ounce of willpower I had to not to taste a bit! Anxious But I swear I gained 5 pounds just smelling it! ...

Great ... I did NOT need to know this! My poor wallet! I LOVE buttercream frosting! And I need a body exfoliator, so I'm just going to have to get myself some of this ... I need to remember that I've got people besides ME to buy gifts for this holiday season!!!
pbsadhaka wrote:
... Anyway, great job Candy! I wish you all the best of luck with your company & will be sending anyone looking for bath products your way! Wink
-Darren

Darren, you are a true gem! That is such a nice thing to do. Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am in trouble as Buttercream is my FAVORITE next to pink sugar and vanilla. I am going to have to try the buttercream!
Marina-I put on the DMAE and then my IS Clinical serums after, followed by hydracool and any lotion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I am in trouble as Buttercream is my FAVORITE next to pink sugar and vanilla. I am going to have to try the buttercream!
Marina-I put on the DMAE and then my IS Clinical serums after, followed by hydracool and any lotion.

AnnieR, ME TOO! Vanilla and Pink Sugar are two of my favs and I just LOOOOOOOVE Buttercream! It seems we both like "foody" scents. Very Happy
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Darren,
def do not try her brown sugar scrub, I laughed at ur comment on eating it, I had the same problem with the brown sugar, I kept thinking I could eat that.... Laughing !! I have the soap u reviewed as well, but was waiting till I finished up my bar in tub, now ur making me want to skip and rip that box right open!!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man, you all are making me crazy!

I've been frightfully busy lately and for once, my credit cards have stayed in my wallet! I sat back to read thru some posts and started hyperventilating over scally's Nuface review. I decided to CLOSE THAT and ended up here. Moannnnnn...

I absolutely adore buttercream fragrances in my bath products. I've been resisting cause I know that once I start, I'll order EVERYTHING and then some.

BAAAAAAD KATEE Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Oh man, you all are making me crazy!

I've been frightfully busy lately and for once, my credit cards have stayed in my wallet! I sat back to read thru some posts and started hyperventilating over scally's Nuface review. I decided to CLOSE THAT and ended up here. Moannnnnn...

I absolutely adore buttercream fragrances in my bath products. I've been resisting cause I know that once I start, I'll order EVERYTHING and then some.

BAAAAAAD KATEE Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

For once were getting you Laughing , you normally drive us nuts Wink !!! Glad ur loads lightened up, my wallets missed ya..
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the Candessence Yummy Scrub? I love this product. The smell is incredible & leaves my skin feeling so moisturized & pampered. Definitely worth trying, I know you will love it. I'm trying to order somethings for Christmas gifts but I'm not getting a response from Candy. Anyone know if she's ok?
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
she's ok! Just really busy and couped up at home making LOTS and LOTS of magic potion.. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
Has anyone tried the Candessence Yummy Scrub? I love this product. The smell is incredible & leaves my skin feeling so moisturized & pampered. Definitely worth trying, I know you will love it. I'm trying to order somethings for Christmas gifts but I'm not getting a response from Candy. Anyone know if she's ok?

I always advise if you don't hear back, re email her, sometimes these things do get lost in the universe!!! She's pretty known for quick reply, so I'd keep resending, she might not be getting it.
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try her products, but the postage was just too high, they charge $30.USD for 3 Holiday Quad specias's shipping&handing, so i didn't hit the Proceed to Checkout button. Shock
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
power1080 wrote:
I want to try her products, but the postage was just too high, they charge $30.USD for 3 Holiday Quad specias's shipping&handing, so i didn't hit the Proceed to Checkout button. Shock

where do you live?
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Boston, MA
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just went on her site and ordered the same thing in my basket, and my shipping was no where near what ur saying!!! You might want to email her, must be a glitch...I just assumed you were out of country.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
power1080,
i'm in Boston too. i would email Candy to see if this is a mistake???? i just got a box of goodies from her including a lot of freebies. She is extremely reasonable with her pricing so this doesn't sound quite right.

you could also place a smaller order so that you can see if you like the products...even if you factor in the shipping, the Quad Special is <$90 for all 4 products which is a steal compared to many other brands.

my box of goodies included the Vitamin C+E+ferulic serum, and it is FANTASTIC. I have been using the Skinceuticals product but really disliking the smell and also the heaviness. It doesn't go on very smoothly, at least not on my skin. The aloe base of the Candessence product makes it very light. It spreads easily on my skin and absorbs a lot more quickly than the Skinceuticals. I will post a review once I've used it a few weeks, but for now I really LOVE the texture and the smell.

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I went on her sit tryed again. one order special was $10.USD, two was $20. three and over was $30.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
ok I was trying it on other products and the shipping does not change, but when I tried it on the quad, it keeps adding shipping, this must be a glitch..I've emailed Candy to let her know, so I seriously doubt its a real charge, it appears to keep adding a new shipping on each add, instead of not adding one as it does on other products...
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
power1080 wrote:

HI Power, (cool name BTW) -

The PayPal cart & I are having 'issues'. Rolling Eyes

Rest assured you will NOT be charged $30.00 for shipping. If you want to go back & place the order I will instantly refund the difference. Or, if you prefer I can invoice you and avoid the cart altogether. Whichever you prefer.

To any others having similar issues, PLEASE - bring it to my attention, I will address it right away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad the pricing didn't go up for Boston!!!! Wink

And, I am also guilty of nibbling a little bit off Candy's soaps. They smell soooooooooo yummy!
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I'm glad the pricing didn't go up for Boston!!!! Wink

And, I am also guilty of nibbling a little bit off Candy's soaps. They smell soooooooooo yummy!

Candy sent me a soap that looked like a cupcake. My husband picked it up and started unwrapping it to satisfy his sweet tooth. Laughing "Hey!" he exclaimed. "That could be dangerous! Someone could actually try to eat that!"

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have just ordered the 6% DMAE and after all the rave reviews I am really looking forward to trying it.
Ricky
klaux

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - I ordered on Saturday and got my package of goodies today! I tried two of her January special body butters, and they smell so good that I 'd love them even if they weren't moisturizing. But they are! I even get a little shimmer on my skin when I put some on. Thanks to all the raves on EDS I ordered HA and DMAE serums, though I have no clue where these are going to fit into my skincare routine yet. Still reading and learning. Will report back after I try. Candy also put in an extra sample - so much fun to open my box and smell all my luscious and healthy treats!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |