Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Candessence - Yes, another rave!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Her stuff is the greatest! I'm trying to use up what I have so I can try more.
reignofterra
5% products discount

Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I tried samples of pretty much everything in her "Skincare" section -- and loved them *all* - especially the DMAE Serum!

The only thing I'm having a problem with is that the Ultra Triple C Serum seems to be clogging my pores quite a bit. I've developed blackheads in the darndest places (even around my hairline). I really *want* to keep using this because my skintone is very much improved in just the last week of use. Can anyone offer advice on how to decrease the pore clogging? I've read elsewhere that Vit C in general can clog your pores. I guess I'm just hoping there's a secret trick to using it and avoiding nasty blackheads. My routine at the moment:

1. Wash (using Alphaderma milk cleanser) and Clarisonic
2. Dry face, then apply Triple C. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
3. Add Firming Serum. Let it absorb.
4. Add DMAE (just around the eyes).
5. Add HA.
5. Add "Eye'll be Seeing You."

I've started to use just a tiny bit of the Triple C Serum. Maybe I'll try diluting it with water or PSF 02 Serum?

Any advice would be really appreciated! Smile

PS - I have oily skin, but it's usually hearty and doesn't break out too often.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Just an update on my original review.

I've almost finished my bottle of DMAE 6% now and am absolutely delighted with it. One of the best versions of DMAE for firming, absorption, non-drying and non-balling up under other products that I've ever used. This will be a definite re-purchase.

I've also been using Candy's No More Stinky Toes and, again, am very pleased indeed with its performance. Although I don't have a problem with stinky feet (honest! Laughing ), I've found that using this product at night with socks on top is fantastic for softening the skin. The mintyness also feels lovely and refreshing.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
reignofterra wrote:
I tried samples of pretty much everything in her "Skincare" section -- and loved them *all* - especially the DMAE Serum!

The only thing I'm having a problem with is that the Ultra Triple C Serum seems to be clogging my pores quite a bit. I've developed blackheads in the darndest places (even around my hairline). I really *want* to keep using this because my skintone is very much improved in just the last week of use. Can anyone offer advice on how to decrease the pore clogging? I've read elsewhere that Vit C in general can clog your pores. I guess I'm just hoping there's a secret trick to using it and avoiding nasty blackheads. My routine at the moment:

5. Add HA.

I've started to use just a tiny bit of the Triple C Serum. Maybe I'll try diluting it with water or PSF 02 Serum?

I think you may be applying a too much. It's not like the watery C serums I'm used to -try using less-I have humunga pores & haven't had a problem but you wouldn't believe how little you need to spread. It such great stuff I'd try using less before giving up on it Very Happy

BTW, are you sure it's not the firming serum?
reignofterra
5% products discount

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
reignofterra wrote:

5. Add HA.

I think you may be applying a too much. It's not like the watery C serums I'm used to -try using less-I have humunga pores & haven't had a problem but you wouldn't believe how little you need to spread. It such great stuff I'd try using less before giving up on it Very Happy

BTW, are you sure it's not the firming serum?

I'm *pretty* sure it's not the firming serum, because I only really use that around my jawline. The Vit C is the only thing I use everywhere...

I gave myself a facial and did some serious extractions this morning, so I'll have a "clean slate" to start with tomorrow morning. I think I'll try diluting it a bit then.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Majorb,
I was wondering if you have an update on "What Scar?" yet. I am trying to get rid of my stretch marks, too, and am trying the skinbio products now. I'm really interested to learn about any stretch mark products that will help to get rid of stretch marks.
Thank you.
Cherisse

majorb wrote:
I recently put in a big order with Candy - http://www.candessence.com - as Christmas is drawing ever closer and I wanted family and friends to sample some of the stuff I love. Naturally, I also couldn't resist ordering a few treats for myself.

The first box arrived a couple of days ago, packed with goodies. Candy had very generously thrown in some fantastic extras, which absolutely made my day.

I notice that Candy has been busy revamping the packaging and labelling. They look really professional now, with smart green, white and black labels. The body butter came in classy metal tins and the bottles were made from sophisticated-looking green glass. I know that the product itself is the most important consideration, but these really look so much more elegant in your bathroom now.

Anyway, here's a run-down of the items I've tried so far...

NEVER-ENDING MOISTURE BODY BUTTER
Most of you probably know by now that I'm a big fan of this already. The waxy texture softens quickly with the heat of your body and feels great on your skin. It also keeps skin feeling smooth, soft and hydrated all day long.

My new order, however, gave me a chance to sniff just some of the huge range of scents on offer. Fudge Brownie was my top favourite before and it still is, but I must admit that the other scents I'd ordered also smelt amazingly delicious - Banana Nut Bread and Cherry Almond. Even my pernickety husband, who can be pretty scathing about how beauty products smell, was entranced. I just know that the recipients will be delighted. (Mind you, I did warn Candy that I am severely tempted to keep them for myself!)

6% DMAE SERUM
Yep, this is the one they've all been going crazy over, so I really had to try it out for myself.

The texture is extremely light and watery, meaning that it sinks into your skin immediately. No waiting around necessary. It also means that I could apply other products and make-up on top without any balling up - something which has troubled me with every other DMAE product I've tried so far.

The serum felt comfortable on my face, and I even used it around my eyes with no problems at all.

Even though it's early days, I definitely could feel that my skin was a little firmer. As the effects are supposed to be cumulative, I'm hoping this will get even better with continued use.

So far, I'm very pleased and would certainly re-purchase. I believe it may well turn out to be one of the best DMAE products I've yet encountered.

WHAT SCAR? (FOR FADING SCARS)
This stuff looked rather strange in its white tub - very waxy, green with specks of brown and slightly grainy. However, when I scooped a little of it out and rubbed it between my hands, it melted beautifully and became smooth, working well into my skin.

As the name would suggest, this is a treatment for scars and stretchmarks. I bought it as an attempt to try fading the horrible ingrowing hair scars on my legs, left after using my epilator. It's meant to be used at least twice a day, so I'm applying it morning and night.

What Scar? doesn't smell as delicious as Candy's other products, although I certainly didn't find it unpleasant. Of course, this is full of ingredients which are meant to perform a very special purpose, so the scent is not terribly important.

I've found it to be pretty soothing and moisturising so far. Obviously, though, fading scars doesn't happen overnight. I shall keep using it and report back with any results. I've been delighted with all the other products I've tried from Candessence and am keeping my fingers crossed that this one will perform just as well.

BATH MELTS
Aw, I got little ducks! They were soooo cute! It almost felt cruel to see them melting and fizzing around the bath, disappearing into nothingness. Laughing

The scent was one of my favourites (I have Candy's Encore Hand Cream in this one too) - I think it's called Butter Nut. Whatever it is, it's blummin' gorgeous!

So, back to the wee ducks. After I'd committed duckicide by melting them in my bath, the water and room were filled with the most extraordinary scent. This lasted for hours and hours afterwards, too.

When I got out of the bath, I was delighted to find that my skin felt soft and smooth. I did apply body moisturiser (my skin is very dry), but I didn't need to as the melts had made it feel lovely and hydrated.

NEED A HAND? (HAND & FOOT SCRUB)
This also smelt of my beloved Butter Nut scent. It's a scrub, aimed at hands and feet, which comes in a white tub.

The texture looks and feels quite solid at first, but again, it soon softens and exfoliates your skin with sugar granules. You scrub until the granules eventually dissolve and it really doesn't feel horribly rough.

My skin was left feeling soft and smooth, moisturised and wonderfully scented.

Candy also kindly included some Eye'll Be Seeing You Roll On Eye, Lip & Neck Precious Oils. I haven't tried this yet, and am also awaiting another parcel from Candessence (can't wait!)

I shall update this review when I've had a chance to try the other goodies.

I'd just like to add that, for me, one of the very best things about Candessence products is that they contain good stuff - not all of the awful fillers and such that so many big companies cram into their wares. In fact, I never even so much as look in the direction of the Body Shop or Lush these days as I know I can buy things which work far better, smell more gorgeous and have nicer ingredients from Candy.

Thanks, Candy. I'll be back for more! Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
It did seem to help fade my ingrown hair scars on my legs, but it does take time (as with all such products) to see a difference.

Sadly, I have loads of new scars already - hence the fact that I'm due to have a laser hair removal consultation on Monday. But the older scars that I was treating, and which have been there for up to a year, have definitely faded. Hurray!

So I'd say that it definitely does work, as long as you're patient.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone else have a problem with the 6% DMAE "squirting" out of your hand when you push the pump top??
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
amylola - Yes, it does that sometimes for me. So I squirt it into the palm of my hand directly facing the nozzle. That way, it all goes into my palm and none is wasted.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I was actually thinking of moving the serum into a different bottle b/c I have such a problem with this - maybe I need to shake it up first? It just seems really liquid-y to me. and it always squirts out of my hand so I feel like Im wasting a ton.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Does anyone else have a problem with the 6% DMAE "squirting" out of your hand when you push the pump top??

I don't use the DMAE, but I have had this happen with my Candessence VitC/E/ferulic acid. I transferred mine to an amber dropper bottle since I prefer to apply it this way anyway.
priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Priscilla, I've seen these at the whole foods market, that's just what ill do!
If Candy is reading this, have you had any complaints about your bottles with the pump top? Just curious.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, maybe I miswrote. My VitC/E/ferulic is in a spray bottle and IT was starting to spray/squirt to the sides instead of directly into my hand. My Garden of Wisdom mandelic acid (in a PUMP bottle) does the same thing, I think, because the excess product starts clogging the hole. I kind of prefer dropper bottles anyway because they enable me to apply the serum directly to my face.

If you ever order from Garden of Wisdom, Markey has amber dropper bottles for really cheap, $1/bottle with the dropper.

priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to start a separate thread on Candessence "Need a Hand?" scrub. Then I read the post about keeping one thread per product line. Gee, when did that happen? Confused

This "Need a Hand" scrub is an unbelievable deal! I use the scrub, blot slightly & take a break (love those breaks ladies!). The sugars & oils make me feel pampered & they go to town on those dried out hands! More important they just look better,when I use it. They're hydrated & plumper. It's lasting a good long time & the price is soooo right. I'll get this product again.

On the negative side, I felt the product was too thick as packaged. I added EVOO, mixed it up & ended up with an easier to use, nicer hand scrub (for me any how.) Smells great too.

Has anyone had time enough to notice results from the HA serum? TIA
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm now dying to try the hand scrub and the triple C!!

Debbied, I love the HA. I use it every morning and night. I mix it in my top layer with my emu oil, and it really helps everything under it absorb. I don't think I can live without it now.

I'm also loving the hand lotion. It's not greasy, but it does a good job of moisturizing. I keep some in my purse and use it after I wash my hands throughout the day. I keeps my hands from being slimy but moisturizes them really well.

The bubble bath (monkey farts) is awesome too. My nephew is really having a lot of fun playing in the bathtub.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - got my order from Candy and I'm in heaven.

Exfoliating Cleansing Butter - I love gentle, moisturizing bath lotions. Usually they're too alkaline, too abrasive or too oily. Candy's cleansing butter works beautifully and a little DOES go a long way ... as I found out when the scoop I used for my left calf ended up doing both legs. I am so happy with how gentle it feels, how moisturizing and heavenly scent. A must have.

Special Edition Monoi Body Butters - Being an island girl I *had* to try pikake and tiare. This stuff is like whipped cream. I was amazed how quickly it melted and sunk into my skin. MUST ORDER MORE NOW!!! The scent is lighter than I expected - but in the end really great because it is a cloying scent if used too heavily.
The only negative was the plastic container - I'm sort of a klutz trying to open jars and stuff and this was tough.

6% DMAE and Ultra Triple C serum - so far I'm loving the consistency and no balling up! I've only used for 2 days so can't comment on results just yet.
Do I need to wait 20 min after applying Triple C serum?

And Candy included a pink heart bath fizzy. It's so cute I couldn't bear to use it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
And Candy included a pink heart bath fizzy. It's so cute I couldn't bear to use it.

If you do use your bath melt, you'll want more of 'em. Trust me on this. Laughing
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
Wow - got my order from Candy and I'm in heaven.

Special Edition Monoi Body Butters - Being an island girl I *had* to try pikake and tiare. This stuff is like whipped cream. I was amazed how quickly it melted and sunk into my skin. MUST ORDER MORE NOW!!! The scent is lighter than I expected - but in the end really great because it is a cloying scent if used too heavily.
The only negative was the plastic container - I'm sort of a klutz trying to open jars and stuff and this was tough.

I bought two in the Gardenia...never having experienced Monoi oil...these are unbelievable!!! The scent is gorgeous and the texture it so fluffy and just melts into your skin. I used some of Candy's old body butter and loved that...so moisturizing, but this whipped body butter has me sold.

My next purchase will be the exfoliating body butter, I've always wanted to try it.
I Candessence!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to mention that Candy did take care of my problem bottle, right away, great customer service!!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Just wanted to mention that Candy did take care of my problem bottle, right away, great customer service!!

Yet another reason why I love buying from Candy...she definitely prides herself on taking good care of her customers, and it shows!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
majorb - Candy tells me it's something new with mango butter. Guess what I'M doing tonight? With this cold weather ... bath melts are wonderful, even more so because Candy is so nice to give me a free treat. Oh wait ... then again, I'll probably want 2 dozen of these tomorrow.

paristroika - I love the smell of bergamot mandarin so after reading someone else's review ... just had to have this. I really love it. It's like whipped cream so I don't feel like I'm scrubbing my skin off. It also left my skin nicely moisturized so I felt a little silly using body butter on top of it.

24 hours later and my legs still feel soft. Of course I wouldn't push it past 24 hours, but it's nice that I don't have scaley white flakes of dead skin 5 hours after a bath which is my usual experience.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
majorb - Candy tells me it's something new with mango butter. Guess what I'M doing tonight? With this cold weather ... bath melts are wonderful, even more so because Candy is so nice to give me a free treat. Oh wait ... then again, I'll probably want 2 dozen of these tomorrow.

Ooooohh! You'll have to let me know what you think. Sounds as though it will be nice and moisturising. The ones I tried were a real treat to use.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I remember some thread mentions about the discount code. Anybody still have the code?
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
I remember some thread mentions about the discount code. Anybody still have the code?

Hi fishzebby!

Candy does offer discounts on her Monthly Specials (this month it's 27% off to represent the new year 2007 - http://www.candessence.com/Monthly.html)
However, there is no actual "discount code"...

Hope this helps!
Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I just received my C E Ferulic serum from candy yesterday. I used it this morning, it feels great. Very light and easy to absorb. No sticky or greasy feeling afterward. I love it! This may be my HG C serum and I have tried them all! I just have a question for those that use this - How many squirts do you use? I used about 3 this morning and not sure if that is too much?
Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |