Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Skin Balace Clarifying Water
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hello to all!!!!!!!! I just got a few free bottles of the Borba Skin Balancing water and wanted to know if anyone had experience or seen results. The recc is to drink 2 a day for a montha dn a one month supply is on sale for like 99 bucks right now at a local beauty boutique. I have pasted their claims. Plase give me your opinions, experiences, approval, etc.

Even if you don't know about the product . . .can you tell me of your think something like this will work?The sell the following kinds of water: CLARIFYING, AGE DEFYING , REPLENISHING, FIRMING, ANTI AGING, SKIN CALMING

Thank you guys. All comments welcome and appreciated.

Source:
http://www.borba.net/skin_balance_waters/sbw_clarifiying.htm

FOR: BREAKOUTS - OILY SKIN - PORE CLEANSING

FUNCTION:
Skin Balance Clarifying Water contains a revolutionary cultivated bio-vitamin complex which helps the skin regenerate its natural support system, remove toxins and improve clarity of the dermis.

SCIENTIFIC CLAIM:
Independent respondents reported a reduction in breakouts by an average of 52%.

HELPS PREVENT & REDUCE BLEMISHES:
Walnut Husk Extract helps to stimulate the removal of epidermal toxins, helping to keep pores clear, promoting skin clarity and moisture levels.

PROMOTES HEALTHY SKIN:
Pomegranate Extract & Green Tea Extract helps to strengthen the capillary walls to reduce epidermal related irritation while helping to increase skin’s radiant look and feel.

INCREASE SKIN HYDRATION:
Green Tea Extract helps keep the dermis conditioned and moisturized throughout the day.

INNOVATION:
» Nutraceutical containing Walnut Husk, Pomegranate and Green Tea Extracts.
» NO Calories
» NO Sodium
» NO Aspartame

FLAVOR / SCENT: Pomegranate

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Awe . . .come on!!!!!! PLEASE respond folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
When this stuff first came out I was totally tempted by it so I looked into it extensively. Here's the bottom line I reached: save your money. You would get the same effect (but BETTER!) by taking a multi-vitamin, drinking a shot glass of pomegranate juice, and a glass of green tea. That borba water is a big fat rip off, imo. It's just artificially-sweetened water, enriched with a few vitamins and a dollap of some kind of botanical extract. I suspect that the reason that Borba uses pomegranate extract in the anti-acne drink is because pomegranate is considered to be anti-inflammatory, but like I said, I don't think there's enough of it in the drink to make a difference. If you took just once shot glass full of pure pomegranate juice twice a day you'd feel and see more benefits than you'd get from this stuff. Sorry I couldn't say anything more positive, but I hope this helps!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz,

Thank you sooo much!! You confirmed what my gut was telling me. I just wanted to hear it from someone else and to see if people had heard of the product. Thank you for honesty, it keeps my wallet fat!!!! Razz

Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree that Manslayerliz is probably right on. However, I just got offered a month's supply for free, so I am going to try it. Why not?! I'll report back later. I suspect I'll just end up confirming Manslayerliz, but part of me secretly hopes that it will work.

Best, Jeannine

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
I have to agree that Manslayerliz is probably right on. However, I just got offered a month's supply for free, so I am going to try it. Why not?! I'll report back later. I suspect I'll just end up confirming Manslayerliz, but part of me secretly hopes that it will work.

Best, Jeannine

Nice! Heck, if it were free I'd drink it like it was my job. I just don't want to shell out the big bucks for it when other things could likely do as well for so much cheaper. Let us know how it goes!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I spent a lot of money at a trendy boutique this weekend, and they were giving out bottles of this stuff with every purchase. I was mildly offended when I got home and saw that the 17-year-old salesgirl had selected the one that is for "aging skin with fluctuating pore irregularities" for 29-year-old me. Laughing Didn't feel quite as bad when I talked to my friend who had also bought something and said she'd gotten the same kind. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I know eating and drinking water can keep you healthy and help your skin...but I don't buy the claims of this line.

I agree with manslayerliz...take a multi-vitamin!
I see it in Ulta all the time and have been tempted to try it out, but looking at the ingredient list, it doesn't seem like anything too spectacular, not enough to spend that kind of money on a glorified bottle of water with a crushed multivitamin blended with some flavoring tossed in.

Just my two cents...well, sorry, $1.50...bordering on 2 bucks Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Wow. so many choices...? I am using the cheap Nivea toner. Works! Drink more water and sleep well! May you have a healthy body in and out!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |