Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

cracked hands
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
naturallyhappy31
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone tried gehwol med salve for cracked hands? anything better out there over the counter?
Thanks, Kara
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:13 am      Reply with quote
NO I haven't tried that product but I was considering getting the Gehwol foot cream for circulation as DH really suffers with cold feet. Let's hope someone has used their products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Every night I apply Penzim Lotion, then slather on Kiehls Intensive Treatment for Callused Areas. I then pop on a pair of white cotton gloves and leave them on overnight. This really helps to soothe and heal cracked hands and plump up and moisturise the skin.

During the day I apply Candessence Encore Hand Lotion. It moisturises extremely well, but sinks in beaufifully and doesn't leave my hands feeling greasy.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Ahh yes, it is cracked hand season isn't it.
Mine are so bad, and there are only going to get worse. The mail takes every ounce of moisture out of my hands, and those blue gloves don't very well.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I would definitely recommend going to Walmart and buying a tube of the Gold Bond Ultimate Healing lotion. It is the one that contains jojoba esters and hydrolized jojoba esters. Check the ingredients list on the back of the tube to verify these are in the contents and you have found the right one.

You will be amazed at how non-greasy the product is and the 24 hour moisturizing claim is backed up with a lot of clinical testing data.

Give it a try and I suspect that your cracked hands will see improvement very quickly.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I have gehwol rosemary mint footcream and the leg cream and they are both lovely to use. sorry cannot comment on the products you are wondering about .... Embarassed Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
My dad uses a product called crack cream. He gets it at the drug store. It works wonders for him.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Can that Gold Bond product be found anywhere besides walmart? I hate that company and will never go there so I"m hoping it's not a product exclusive to them as it sounds like it's worth checking out.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used the one for cracked skin, but I've used a couple of the foot creams and the "normal" hand cream (in fact I'm using it now) and liked them. And they're reasonably priced. Also, that herbal foot spray is very nice, although I'm not really sure it "does" much apart from smell good.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
My knuckles used to crack and bleed when I was stressed. CPs cured it. The knuckles not the stress that is Neutral
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it can be found at Target, CVS, Walgreen's, etc, etc. I just mentioned Walmart because I've seen it priced the lowest at that store.

John

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
thanks everyone! I wanna buy the CRACK CREAM just for the name. Laughing
i only worry about petrolatum in any of these as I don't want to totally seal off my hands, but im going to look into all of them.
I appreciate it!
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend the goldwell lotion too. but i did notice that they have one that comes in apump bottle and that one has aloe, the one i've used and had good results with comes in a tube....I don't htink it has aloe, can't remember I know that it doesn't say aloe on the tube.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
NO I haven't tried that product but I was considering getting the Gehwol foot cream for circulation as DH really suffers with cold feet. Let's hope someone has used their products.

I ALWAYS have cold feet and hands ... what does it do?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I love the following:
-Gold Bond Ultimate Moisturizing Skin Therapy Lotion
-Burts Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:

I ALWAYS have cold feet and hands ... what does it do?

I read the info on EDS and there are two products, one light and one rich and they are supposed to improve circulation and hence offset the cold feet. I'll take tiger_tim's rec's on their other products and purchase one of the circulation products in my next EDS order. The prices are so reasonable that, if nothing else, DH will get a foot massage when I rub it on his feet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
My dermatologist recommends Cetaphil Therapeutic Barrier Cream. It helped me. I think that it helps prevents dry, cracked hands. It is very mild, unscented and non greasy. Not expensive.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Burts Bees Hand Salve is absolutely incredible for cracked hands. and it's cheapish.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Just to chime in with an additional thought--while treating cracked and dry hands, avoid harsh soaps and detergents, especially anti-bacterial soaps. Those seem to exacerbate the problem.

I had an absolutely HORRID problem for the first time ever last year. My thumb joints developed thick dry skin patches which cracked and bled very badly. Took this advice, eliminated the antibacterial soap from the house and use a medicated handcream twice a day. And, so far this year, I'm not seeing a return of the condition even though it's cool and very, very, very dry here at the moment.

Ari

Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
A few days ago I went out and bought the Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion for my poor, dry, winter hands and I really like it so far. I've tried many, many lotions and this is beginning to be one of my favorites. It's a little greasy but it absorbs quickly especially because my hands are so dry. Smile
susanv3
5% products discount

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have really dry cracked hands in the winter--summer for me is much better--anyways, two things have helped me greatly...

one is Miracle Hand Repair for dry rough cracked skin --I found it at CVS, but i have seen it at Walgreens and others...anyways, on the tube it says it contains 60% aloe vera gel as the main ingredient. It is a thickish cream with a very mild smell--absorbs well and not sticky at all. Price is moderate (IMO) for hand cream--I think I pay about 10 dollars for a big tube, but well worth it--my hands are much smoother and softer and NO cracks! I always put it on before bed, and after washing my hands.

the other thing i have found critical is to wear gloves for all cleaning and housework i may have to do...and to wear gloves outside in the cold to prevent the air from drying them out.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Try pure jojoba oil Smile
trianglefish
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
try netrogena's hand cream. it is very good
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
One of the best things that you can do for cracked hands is to avoid anti bacterial soap, lotions or hand sanitizers. The leach the moisture from the skin, so avoid it if at all possible.

Using a nice creamy soap, like Dove, will clean your hands without sapping them of moisture.

I would also suggest that you check your local health food store for 100% vegetable squalane and add 2 - 4 drops to your favorite lotion in the palm of your hand to boost the moisture effect.

Squalane also discourages the growth of bacteria which will help to keep any problems away from your cracked spots...

For extra moisturizing benefits, pick up a pair of gloves to wear at night on your hands to hold in the moisture.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Bosoxy's definitely right about that blummin' awful anti-bacterial soap. It really dries out my hands.

I also make sure I wear rubber gloves whilst washing up or cleaning. Household cleaning solutions can also play havoc with your skin.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |