Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Where to buy Skinceuticals on line??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:55 am      Reply with quote
specifically the C+E+Ferulic Acid? I am in the market for a new C serum and was going to go with Cellex-C but am thinking of trying this one since it is winter and my skin wont mind the E.

SO I need a good online shop (discount, but reliable and good stock).. shipping is not an issue as I will have a friend in US buy and forward with my SEphora goodies.

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Here's a link for a place with a 20% off coupon for skinceuticals. I have purchased from them and they are very reliable and quick.
http://skincarerx.com/skinceuticals.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
if you are looking to sample, you can get great deals on sample packs on eBay.

(But you may want to try Candy's C+E+Ferulic instead!)
priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
panda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
here you go...skinstore ships for free anywhere in the states...

http://www.skinstore.com/store/product.asp?catID=0&prodID=3732
panda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
oh i forgot to mention, skinstore has a 115% price guarantee..

http://www.skinstore.com/customerService/priceProtect.asp

"If you find any product we sell anywhere else for less (another website, retail store, spa or physician's office) we will refund you 115% of the difference between the lower price and our price.

For example: Our price for product A is $100.00 and you find it for $90.00. We will refund you $11.50, bringing your net price to $88.50."

happy shopping tiger!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the links everyone. Unfortunately, the first one also allowed me to view the full ingredients and one is "laureth 4" (Sodium laureth-4 phosphate) and there is no way I am using a leave-on product with that in it, so Skinceuticals is out the door.

I think I will give Candy's a go... I am just so frustrated trying to find a good C serum that does not cost the earth or turn over too quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tiger_tim - I thought it was necessary to have an emulsifier such as laureth-4 in C sera that include Vit.E, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm interested in hearing what you know about it!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
some kind of emulsifier is probably needed, but I just dont like that it is Laureth 4. I only have one product that has that ingredient - Cellcosmet Activator Gel - but I let that pass because it is washed off (and I use my shaggy microfiber cloth to make sure no remnant remains).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
What does laureth-4 do to the skin???
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Well, in this case, it would be an emulsifier, but it can also be used as a surfactant and for that fact I would not want to use it in something I would leave on my skin.

It is just me, one of my quirks. My skin is bombarded with enough chemicals and pollution without me willingly adding more. If a chemical is there because it is needed then fine, but I just dont see why it has to be this one to emulsify. I wonder what Candy does for emulsifying?

Anyway, moreover, it was the 4th product on the list, which is a bit high up for my liking - the Vit C percentatge is 15% and the Tocopherol is only 1% so that means the Laureth-4 is anywhere in between.
(The ingredients listed were: Water, L-Ascorbic Acid, SD Alcohol, Laureth-4, Zinc Sulfate, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Bioflavonoids - hey, where is the Ferulic Acid Laughing )

BUT more importantly I just went and found the full ingredient list for Japan.. I was curious because I remembered that Obagi had to reformulate for Japan becasue their 20% serum has SLS (sodium laurel sulphate) in it and the law in Japan says SLS can only be used in products that are washed off completely.

So here is the Japanese list: Water, Ethoxy Glycol, L-ascorbic acid, glycerin, PG, Laureth-23, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Ferulic Acid, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Hyaluronic Acid.

Now I dont know if the US list is missing some ingredients or what, but there is quite a difference. A different Laureth too. So I am guessing that Laureth-4 is also banned here for products to be left on the skin. Anyway, with PG I would not buy it anyway.. that was someting I was disappointed about when I got the Super Serum - the fact it has PG in it.

Phew. what a mouthful. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi tiger_tim - I thought it was necessary to have an emulsifier such as laureth-4 in C sera that include Vit.E, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm interested in hearing what you know about it!

m.april you are right about the laureth-4 being used as an emulsifier. ISC also uses laureth-4 in their Proheal and Vitamin C+E serums. I agree with tiger_tim that another ingredient could probably be chosen that would work as an emulsifier.

Laureth-4 is also considered to be highly comedogenic. I had really bad issues with clogged pores when using the Proheal and finally figured out that the laureth-4 was the culprit. Personally I would never use a product with this ingredient again. Here is a link to a discussion that we had on laureth-4 http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15869&highlight=laureth4
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

Anyway, moreover, it was the 4th product on the list, which is a bit high up for my liking - the Vit C percentatge is 15% and the Tocopherol is only 1% so that means the Laureth-4 is anywhere in between.
(The ingredients listed were: Water, L-Ascorbic Acid, SD Alcohol, Laureth-4, Zinc Sulfate, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Bioflavonoids - hey, where is the Ferulic Acid Laughing )

BUT more importantly I just went and found the full ingredient list for Japan.. I was curious because I remembered that Obagi had to reformulate for Japan becasue their 20% serum has SLS (sodium laurel sulphate) in it and the law in Japan says SLS can only be used in products that are washed off completely.

So here is the Japanese list: Water, Ethoxy Glycol, L-ascorbic acid, glycerin, PG, Laureth-23, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Ferulic Acid, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Hyaluronic Acid.

Now I dont know if the US list is missing some ingredients or what, but there is quite a difference. A different Laureth too. So I am guessing that Laureth-4 is also banned here for products to be left on the skin. Anyway, with PG I would not buy it anyway.. that was someting I was disappointed about when I got the Super Serum - the fact it has PG in it.

Phew. what a mouthful. Laughing

tiger_tim I don't know where you looked at the ingredient lists for the US Skinceuticles but take a look at the DermStore http://www.dermstore.com/profile_SkinCeuticals_100113.htm . Their ingredient lists are usually very accurate and I did not see laureth-4 listed for the C+E or the C serums. Looking at the ingredients there however I imagine that you would still not want to use the Skinceuticles!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you TheresaL! Since you're so aware of product ingredients, I'm wondering what opinion you have about this Vit.C product:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=80593&catid=51887&trx=CRT-PLST&trxp1=17008&trxp2=80593

Only a couple of forum members have mentioned having tried this Philosophy Vit.C product. It intrigues me since the issue of stable l-ascorbic acid would seem to be resolved, and I like the fact that it can be easily added to SS or moisturizer. Plus, users say it lasts 8 months and it only costs $35.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
m.april there are several things about this product.

One, I think that the effectiveness of the vitamin C would depend on the product that it is added to. There are so many variables involved here such as the pH of the product that you add the powder to or if the product has enough water to dissolve the vitamin C properly.

Second, the copper PCA is something that I am unsure of. I know that copper peptides and vitamin c should not be combined. While I don't think that copper PCA is copper peptide I am not 100% certain if the rules for mixing cps and vitamin C also apply to copper and vitamin C.

Third, if you do decide that you want to try mixing a vitamin C powder with your moisturizer or sunscreen then just buy l-ascorbic acid. Nothing in the Philiosphy product is really worth paying $35 for 1/4 ounce when plain l-ascorbic acid can be found for about $5 an ounce!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Theresa! I usually go to DermStore for ingredients lists, but yesterday I could not think of the name of it. Rolling Eyes

So, they are the same as Japan, huh? well, reading the Japanese list put me off, so no Skinceuticals for me!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |