Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Microdermabrasion??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
3BoyMama
5% products discount

Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I saw something about this at the place I get my hair cut. Does anyone know about this? I guess they use something with small crystals that "cut" your skin instead of scraping as typical exfoliants do. It sounded intruiging. I was just curious how it worked and if you do it at essential day spa.... I wish I lived close enough to just come to you!! Maybe some day!
Lady Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Lady Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I was excited about Microdermabrasion - reading about it, it said it was the next best option (and cheaper) than having skin resurfacing treatment (surgery). It claims to be better than acid facials etc. - removing more dead skin and removing scars etc. So I went and had a course done. It feels strange at first because the crystals feel like sandpaper - like scratching on the skin, but the machine also makes a sucking noise - I don't know if thats the crystals coming out or if it sucks things out of your skin too. Anyway it leaves your face red for a while, about 1 hour in my case (especially if you have sensitive skin to start with), but smoother too. She starts the machine on a low setting for your first few and then gradually turns up the crystals so you feel more scratching. Anyway after 10 treatments I gave up, partly because it was costing too much and more importantly I didn't see much difference. That is only my opinion and depending on your skin and what you want to achieve it may be good for you. I have had glycolic peels and for me they worked just as well. I wanted a treatment for scarring but this didn't do anything for scarring - but it probably would be ok for exfoliation and clearing the skin better, but as I say I wasn't looking for that because my skin was clear(ish) from the glycolic peels, reducing scarring was my main aim with this treatment but it didn't work for that.
So depending on what you want to achieve it may have benefits for you - you don't know till you try these things. I'm sure the ladies EDS can give you more advice on it for your particular skin type.
mona_s

Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, there.

Microdermabrasion, when done by a professional who knows what they are doing can give you good results. Usually for most people I have heard 4-5 treatments is enough. I had microdermabrasion done but I ended up going to place which cared more about making money off me, than giving me proper tips on what was good for my skin. I have read stuff on the internet, and some dermatologists have said that microdermabrasion causes some scarring sometimes. I don't know if this is valid or not but if the microdermabrasion is too intense I think there is a likely chance of scarring. I had a little bit of scarring due to one really intense treatment which should have not been done. But its alright now since its gone away. Do look around, consult the better business bureau on which places are good that have these services. If in doubt, go see a dermatologist maybe they might save you some headache and fill you in on the pros and cons of similar treatments. Good luck!
rayna
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Try EpidermxII. It is home version by manual. It is great stuff, also not that hurts your skin.
tina7006
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
What about Youthful Essence endorsed by Suzan Lucci?
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I had microdermabrasion done by estheticians and a nurse. When it was done by the estheticians, it looked great, fuller, healthier. When done by the nurse? It was horrible...red, cut up, flaked for days. Crying or Very sad
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I second EpidermxII. Read the raves on the Product Reviews Forum. I doubt it's as tough as the spa treatment but it also hasn't torn up my skin. A tiny dab does your entire face! I find I can do twice daily with no problems.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
i also like Epidermx II. I had a series of microderm treatments at my derm's with good results but i think i get similar results from epidermx, and it's far cheaper. You can get it atwww.goldportbeauty.com orwww.greatnewskin.com.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I just discussed this yesterday with my esthetician when I went for a facial. She suggested that I wait several months, until after a big family gathering that I'm going to in the spring. That made me think -- obviously there could be some irritation or undesireable side effects if she told me to put it off. I may start with an at-home kit of some sort (clarisonic, zia, etc.) and see how that goes first.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Yes, definitely try EpidermxII.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
tina7006 wrote:
What about Youthful Essence endorsed by Suzan Lucci?

I want to know about this too. I used it before and REALLY liked it. It was very gentle and left my skin so soft and silky. I stopped using because I was warned about possible damage to my skin by my girlfriend. I have been seriously considering buying this again and giving it another whirl.

Any comments or warning on this product/home kit?

BTW . . .I didn't like the way the sponge was stored cuzz it never seemed to dry and I was always afraid of mold growing in that sponge. Confused

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yet another vote for Epidermx. This stuff is AMAZING!!! Right now it's on sale at greatnewskin.com for only $20!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Epidermx!!!!
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
is it a cream to apply on the face? need to wash off?
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
oh just read thru, its a scrub. have ordered from greatnewskin. hope i will like it, can't wait for it to arrive.

thanks gals for recommending this.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Epidermix uses Aluminum Oxide Crystals which may not be so good for your skin. Read this...it convinced me to get the SpaGirl System (which uses aluminum crystals)

Magnesium vs. Aluminum
Magnesium Crystal Resurfacing Polish uses magnesium to provide a safe and gentle alternative to microdermabrasion treatments without forgoing professional results. Magnesium is an essential mineral involved in hundreds of chemical reactions that occur in the body every day and activates enzymes to accelerate cell regeneration.

Unlike other microdermabrasion treatments, Magnesium Crystal Resurfacing Polish does not use aluminum oxide particles, which are extremely hard, second only to diamonds, the hardest substance on the earth! This abrasive material can wreak havoc on skin especially if used incorrectly and too frequently. What's more, health care professionals have questioned its safety profile.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Correction in my last post: SpaGirl uses Magnesium oxide crystals rather than the harder (more damaging?) aluminum oxide.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely think that you need to be careful not to overscrub with Aluminum Oxide crystals, but I haven't personally ever read anything that convinced me not to use them. On the contrary, the Epidermx scrub has helped my skin immensely! I was using Tazorac but still gettig several breakouts a week--- since I started using the Epidermx I haven't had a SINGLE breakout (maybe the Taz is being absorbed better?) and I finally feel confident enough to go out in public without foundation, so for me, Epidermx was a life saver.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've had microderm abrasion done about 3 times and I notice the same results when I use Origins "Modern Friction". It does sting a little bit, but makes my skin feel baby soft and smooth. Best to use it at night since it may make your skin a little red, but it looks great by morning.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |