Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What do you use for deep wrinkles around your mouth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
porkchop
5% products discount

Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
What do you use for deep wrinkles around your mouth? I am looking for some type of cream or some kind of product. I do not want to get Botox or any other procedure.

Thank you
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:12 am      Reply with quote
There are a few routes you can go, IMO all of those routes will work best if you keep your skin hydrated with squalane, emu or jojoba oil.
You should also definitely use sunscreens with any routine you use to prevent further damage. I know of people wo have reversed wrinkles with peels, start out with either glycolic or lactic, lactic being the best for pigmented, sensitive skin. You can use TCA after you have used a series of the peels listed above, or you can use retinoids for exfoliation (I have used retinoids and lactic acid at te same time, leading up to A TCA peel, all of which were generously spaced apart, don't do this if your skin is sensitive) before a TCA peel. You can use copper peptides after the peels to help te skin heal and remodel the damaged collagen. You can also use C serums which will help stimulate collagen over time, but you shoudn;t use a C serum in conjunction with copper peptides, since they oxidize eachother... Scalawaggirl is the EDS resident copper peptide remodeler girl, so if you decide to go that route you should definitely check out her threads. You can purchase copper peptides and find out more info about them at skinbio.com, and you can purchase the peels and get more info at makeupartistschoice.com. Goodluck:)
& Welcome to the forum! Very Happy
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
The best response I have had to deep lines in the short term is Valmont L Elixir or Valmont AWF Factor III or Remergent DNA and Barrier Repair long term. I have also used the Valmont Lip Repair on and around my lips. I am not sure which one had the most effect but the lines around and above my lips have almost gone.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I said wrinkles around my mouth but I guess I should have said the deep lines that go from the corner of your nose down towards the corner of your mouth and also the vertical deep lines that go from the corner of your mouth to your chin.

Thanks for the replies so far
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
radiesse lasts a long time and works
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to try one of those topical muscle relaxants -- they make your wrinkles less noticeable and also prevent them from getting deeper by I guess sort of "freezing" the muscle in the area. DDF has one called Wrinkle Relax I think and Bliss has one as well.

and of course anything collagen building, like the others have said.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
i think valmont lip repair will do good to the wrinkles around your mouth, but it will be a long time.

5% products discount

Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:49 am      Reply with quote
http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/catalog/product_derma.aspx?CatCode=AXE_Face&TopCat=F1_DermSolu&prdcode=595
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
queenmary wrote:
i think valmont lip repair will do good to the wrinkles around your mouth, but it will be a long time.

I used this for about two months (I still can't believe the generous sample Carekate sent me lasted that long!) and it did absolutely nada for me. I didn't even feel it plumped the skin well thus giving the illusion it was helping. So far my favorite treatment is still the Skinceuticals lip treatment, but again that's not going to work any miracles. I've got the Ice Elements Edelwiess on its way which is supposed to be made for this area, so I will definitely report back on it.

This area is really tricky, at least for me, since acids are probably the best bet at eliminating them in the long run, but at the same time they can do more damage if you over do it. Finding the right balance is my goal and I will definitely report back while doing the happy dance (Dancing) on the day I achieve it! Good luck!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Edelweiss for 6 full weeks, maybe that is not long enough, but it did not do anything for my vertical lip lines. Sad Maybe the Edelweiss needs a longer time to work, as it is very gentle. I am back to experimenting with the Retin A mixed with Neova anti-oxidant therapy and this time I am going to try to stay with it for 3 months. The last time I tried this there was a difference in 2 weeks, noticeable, but not a miracle. I also am using the Skinceuticals line defense in the morning. Will report back if this works!
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
queenmary wrote:

I used this for about two months (I still can't believe the generous sample Carekate sent me lasted that long!) and it did absolutely nada for me. I didn't even feel it plumped the skin well thus giving the illusion it was helping. So far my favorite treatment is still the Skinceuticals lip treatment, but again that's not going to work any miracles. I've got the Ice Elements Edelwiess on its way which is supposed to be made for this area, so I will definitely report back on it.

This area is really tricky, at least for me, since acids are probably the best bet at eliminating them in the long run, but at the same time they can do more damage if you over do it. Finding the right balance is my goal and I will definitely report back while doing the happy dance (Dancing) on the day I achieve it! Good luck!

thus different peopele different feeling, we'd better choose the right one just for us.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
ProLipid REfine ..Aloette Cosmetics. Dancing .(see product review "amazing results around mouth")
Since I am a smoker . Shame on you .this is my worst area,,,compared to the usual ""worst"" areas for age 60...jaw,neck,eyes! Laughing
Have been awestruck with results of these products.....wow is apt Very Happy
Order mine on Ebay...have also seen these products on the shopping network....good luck[/b]
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I thought you might be interested in this question on DermaDoctor website.

http://www.dermadoctor.com/supersearchsinglefaq.asp?WID=%7B4808339F%2D283D%2D4289%2DAAD0%2DEF03BDAB7DB6%7D&FAQID=11689

If this is not the answer to your problem, I would suggest Restalyn.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I've had good luck with glycolic/lactic acid peels my lines are mostly gone. I've been doing it for over two years though and you need to go slowly. I haven't noticed any other creams really affecting these. I do use Tazorac and after peels CPs and PSF O2 serum because it seems to speed healing.

Good luck. I am wary of injectables but this is a location where they seem to work well.
porkchop
5% products discount

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the nice help. I wish I could find the little miracle in a bottle to turn back time. Just a little lotion before bedtime and wake up looking 20 years younger. No needles, No peels ...... Razz
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I think the best prevention or solution is "do not laugh too much or too frequent" Laughing

Seriously, I really think so. Anyone agrees with this?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I really don't think it's laughing-not for the verticals...you may want to quit eating & drinking since this puckers the lips (obv. smoking) Rolling Eyes
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
restylane does not last long for most people in the upper lip vertical line,there is too much movement there.You MAY be lucky and it might last longer than some people everyone is different. Radiesse will last MUCH longer than restylane between 8 mos to 2 years,I would give that a shot. I wonder if a peel like Obagi would help also?
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
handsbella wrote:
I think the best prevention or solution is "do not laugh too much or too frequent" Laughing

Seriously, I really think so. Anyone agrees with this?

Laughing To be honest, I used to always give a polite laugh when one of my coworkers would make a not so funny joke, now I don't even go there! I figure, if I'm going to get lines from laughing the lines are going to be from real, enjoyable laughs, not just to boost some annoying guy's ego Very Happy I have noticed my laugh lines faded almost completely in just the last two months of using retin-a (which I'm guess is from the srious exfoliation it gives, I doubt collagen production could occur so quickly, so noticably) I'm thinking of getting frownies for the days and nights my boyfriend is working to help them go away for good Smile
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:

I have noticed my laugh lines faded almost completely in just the last two months of using retin-a (which I'm guess is from the srious exfoliation it gives, I doubt collagen production could occur so quickly, so noticably) I'm thinking of getting frownies for the days and nights my boyfriend is working to help them go away for good Smile

Wow, that's great. What strength of retin a do you use? How long have you been using it?

edited to add: oops! I just saw in your sig. that you use .05%. Is it the cream or gel? And is there a difference between them?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:28 am      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:
dealated wrote:

I have noticed my laugh lines faded almost completely in just the last two months of using retin-a (which I'm guess is from the srious exfoliation it gives, I doubt collagen production could occur so quickly, so noticably) I'm thinking of getting frownies for the days and nights my boyfriend is working to help them go away for good Smile

Wow, that's great. What strength of retin a do you use? How long have you been using it?

edited to add: oops! I just saw in your sig. that you use .05%. Is it the cream or gel? And is there a difference between them?

I use the cream because I have combo skin, with some pretty dry areas. I think the gel (retin-a micro) is stronger (potentially more drying) but it is typically better for sensitive skin because it is less irritating. Smile
mwilson569
5% products discount

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I have fine lines around the mouth area (@ the corners of the mouth) It shows up more when I put on foundation . I need to get rid of it quick. -Melissa
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
anomaly wrote:
dealated wrote:

I use the cream because I have combo skin, with some pretty dry areas. I think the gel (retin-a micro) is stronger (potentially more drying) but it is typically better for sensitive skin because it is less irritating. Smile

I tried the retin A micro, a few years back, and sad to say, I looked like a). someone dragged me face down a few times down the hallway carpet or b) I just had the best face down on carpet sex of my life. Was I missing a trick to using this?????? Shock ..
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
[quote="MelissaMarie]

Quote:
I tried the retin A micro, a few years back, and sad to say, I looked like a). someone dragged me face down a few times down the hallway carpet or b) I just had the best face down on carpet sex of my life. Was I missing a trick to using this?????? Shock ..

rofl sounds like maybe you were turning a trick!! rofl

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
well bottom half of my face was def not pretty, I can tell ya that, funniest part is I had given my sister some samples the dr gave me, Laughing we met for lunch and she looked the same...omg it was a funny afternoon!!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |