Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Brave Soldier Products for Acne and Waxing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Many of you probably already know that I've been using the Brave Soldier Code Blue Cooling Gel for years for acne, post-shaving, and post-waxing. However, you may be interested to hear that some time ago I welcome some more members of the Brave Soldier lineup into my "skin first aid kit," so I thought I'd give an overview of them here.

First, the product that started it all, Code Blue Cooling Gel. This is a cooling blue gel that was designed to relieve pain/irritation and prevent ingrown hairs after shaving or waxing. In all my years of being a product junkie I've never found a better product to use after shaving or waxing (face OR body). However, I've also found it to be very useful when treating acne, extractions gone wrong, and irritated/over-treated skin.

Key Ingredients: Witch Hazel, Lidocaine HCL (2.5% ), Tricolosan, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Aloe Vera Gel 10X, Tocopherol Acetate (vitamin E), Tea Tree Oil, Menthol, Dimethicone Copolyol, Eucalyptus Oil, Comfrey Extract, Green Tea Extract, Hawaiian Sea Algae, Spirulina, Salicylic Acid (2%), Blue #1. SD-40 Alcohol, Eucalyptus Oil, Peppermint Oil, Quench T (guarana, mate)

The next Brave Soldier product I added is the First Defense Antibacterial Spray. Apparently this spray was created for bikers, so they could clean the dirt and debris out of those big scrapes they get when they fall off of their bikes. Hey, I thought to myself, if it's good enough for the bikers, it's good enough for me!^-^ This stuff is really wonderful to use after extractions--- it contains just a bit of lidocaine to ease the pain, it disinfects, helps relieve swelling, and helps it heal up faster. Oh, and I did I mention it has a really lovely lemon-lime scent? And it's only $8, nice!! However, I will give one bit of advice: if you want to apply it close to your mouth, spray it onto your hands and pat it on. Otherwise you might get slightly numb lips like I got one time, lol.

Key Ingredients: Purified water, tea tree oil, witch hazel, glycerin, lidocaine, triclosan, green tea extract, vitamin E, vitamin C

The last Brave Soldier product in my arsenal is the Antiseptic Healing Ointment. This is basicaly Brave Soldier's version of neosporin, but after using this stuff I said "Bye bye, Neosporin!! Nice knowing you!". One thing that makes this stuff so much nicer than Neosporin is that in contains lots of healing botanicals. Another nice thing is that it contains lavender oil, which not only helps eradicate redness, but also the lovely smell helps to calm me down. Goodness knows I need all the calming down I can get when I get worked up about my face... (Ladies, you KNOW what I'm talking about, LOL!) Recently I extracted something on my chin and in the process took a whole chunk of skin off, argh!!!!! Before bed I doused it with everything I had--- O2, BBS acne serum, etc, and then I put a THICK layer of this ointment, covered it all with a bandaid and went to sleep. In the morning the skin had miraculously healed enough that I could put some make up on to cover the spot, and then the next night I did the same routine, and by the next morning the spot was almost completely healed! Of course this ointment is also good for cuts, scrapes, etc, but you all know I bought it for the extractions, LOL...

Key Ingredients: Tea tree oil, jojoba oil, Green tea extract, Macadamia Nut Oil, Organic comfrey, Aloe Vera gel 20X, hempseed oil, pure lavender oil, Triclosan, lidocaine, bisobolol, vitamin A, C, and E, glycerin, soy sterol, phospholipids, dimethicone copolyol.

You can buy all of these products atwww.skinstore.com , although I am hoping I can convince EDS to carry them someday because frankly I think that every woman worldwide needs at least one of these products on hand for beauty emergencies.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Those all sound like great products! Thanks for the heads up. Smile

I'm especially interested in the Antiseptic Healing Ointment as it sometimes takes my breakouts weeks to heal on their own. As it gets colder, my acne scars seem to be more pronounced as the rest of my skin gets paler from the cold. I need to stop them in their tracks. I'll definitely have to try it! Thanks again. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad you enjoyed my review, marmur!^_^ I have been using these products for a while now, and recently I had been thinking that maybe the EDS ladies would like to know about them too...

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think if you end up trying the antiseptic ointment!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |