Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ice Elements Radiance Souffle ACK!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've been really impressed by Ice Elements Acne Serum so I thought I would give the souffle a whirl since it seems to be working for alot of people. I wore it yesterday under my True MMU and by the time I got home last night, I had developed a BIG red blemish on my cheek and a cluster on my chin. This is unusual for me because my skin has been very happy lately so I can't help but blame it on the souffle! From looking at the ingredients in the souffle, there's quite a few that are listed as " potentially pore clogging or an irritant " on http://www.altmednetwork.net/skincare/skincare_ingredients.html
Has anyone else had a reaction to this product?

Thanks!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
No, not a problem for me but I only use at night. I'm unsure whether that might help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Which ingredients are listed as pore clogging/irritating? You could try sending an email to the IceElements customer service address...they same to have excellent customer service so they may be able to help you.
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I was planning on leaving a message on their board, just because alot of times they have really helpful suggestions on how to get better results. On the other hand, it just might not be for me!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Makeupfiend, sorry the Souffle didn't work out for you. I have the opposite problem. The acne serum was breaking me out. My skin got better with the Souffle. So strange.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
Makeupfiend, sorry the Souffle didn't work out for you. I have the opposite problem. The acne serum was breaking me out. My skin got better with the Souffle. So strange.

Yen
I have the souffle as well, but haven't really used it. How often do you use it, do you use it all over your face. Do you only wear it at night?
Thanks
CG
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
Yen
I have the souffle as well, but haven't really used it. How often do you use it, do you use it all over your face. Do you only wear it at night?
Thanks
CG

I use it every night all over my face (avoiding the eye area).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I love the company and the customer service, but they use a ton of silicones in most of their products. The 2 MM, serums, the oily skin cleanser, and the radiance CLEANSER don't have silicones, but pretty much everything else does, and high up on the ingredients list.

I know silicones are fine for a lot of people, and IE obviously has a lot of satisfied customers, but I personally get insta-zit if I use anything with silicones. Makes me sad because I'd love to be able to use their entire line.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I really like the souffle! I use it about 3 nights a week. It really helps for my skin to stay nice and smooth... I would love to use it more often, but with my dry skin I find that I can get away with using it 4 times a week on occasion, but not more than that. My son, on the other hand, can use it day and night and it does help with his acne.

BBD, since Ice Elements is such a young company, it may be useful to put in a request for products without silicones. If enough people are interested in them Shelly may put a product or two on her "to do" list of products that she is working on.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:44 am      Reply with quote
BBD wrote:
I love the company and the customer service, but they use a ton of silicones in most of their products. The 2 MM, serums, the oily skin cleanser, and the radiance CLEANSER don't have silicones, but pretty much everything else does, and high up on the ingredients list.

I know silicones are fine for a lot of people, and IE obviously has a lot of satisfied customers, but I personally get insta-zit if I use anything with silicones. Makes me sad because I'd love to be able to use their entire line.

BBD, I have the exact same problem which is why I don't use most of IE's products. Once I figured out that silicones clogged my pores and stopped using them, my complexion improved like you wouldn't believe, so now I won't touch silicones with a ten foot pole.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Liz, it is a relief to know when something bothers your skin and be able to avoid it. Unfortunately, it rules out a lot of products on the market (or maybe that's a good thing). And since silicones are derived from sand, they are considered natural and are in some "natural" product lines as well.

Bosoxy, I did mention the issue to Shelly and she said that she had reviewed the use of silicones with their chemists and they were confident that they were well formulated and contributed to the products' performance, etc. I did try the Edelweiss Cream sample in hopes that I could use it despite the silicones, but my skin broke out after one use. I'm just glad they aren't in the serums.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Awww... that is too bad...

I do hope that you have, or will soon, find a non silicone moisturizer that works well with your skin.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still loving the Souffle. It has even out my skin tone and even my acne scars are getting better. Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |