Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MMU sandwich technique - will this work for me?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I love my JI loose powder mineral foundation! But I get shiny and not necessarily due to oil. I was thinking that I should try layering Mineral Veil first, then my JI loose powder, then maybe following up with another layer of MV. Has anyone tried this with JI loose powder foundation? The ingredients in JI definitely agree with my skin, so I'm hesitant to try another brand even though I may not get as much shine with another brand.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Give it a try and see!!!! Very Happy Let us know how it goes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds like a good plan to me. I use Silk Dust before Everyday MMU, then I use it after applying the mmu, to set it. I love how it works.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
I believe Carekate uses Silk Dust to sandwich her JI MMU as well, and it works for her oily skin. I will try it soon as one layer is sometimes not enough for me.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Which retailer sells Silk Dust? Sorry, never heard of it before.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
The silk dust is from Jurlique (can find it on EDS). Right now I'm using Carekate's version as a finishing dust. Not that I need to with Alima but I use it to keep the oilies away longer during the day. I find that I can't use it as a primer though as it seems to dry out my skin so I use my regular Sonia Rykiel primer, MMU, silk dust.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I was using Aromaleigh's Silk Powder, but Carekate sent me a sample of her Silk Dust, and I love it so much I ordered a full size. That stuff is excellent! BTW, my skin is normal to dry.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've done the "sandwiching" trick with Jurlique's Silk Dust, Everyday Minerals MMU and their Finishing Dust. Works like a charm. I only need to blot maybe once per day at the most.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I tried this today and my face is nowhere near as shiny as before the sandwich. But started out with a nice big accidental inhale of Mineral Veil, so I have to refine my technique a bit! Laughing I don't know why I didn't try this before -- I think I felt like I was cheating -- that maybe the JI isn't really right for me if I have to do this. Until I get the twinge to experiment with other brands, I think this will be a good "fix" for me.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |