Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PLEASE SEARCH FOR EXISTING REVIEW BEFORE STARTING NEW THREAD
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Dear all,

Can I please ask everyone to do their bit in terms of keeping the forum a bit more organised and trying to add to existing review threads rather than starting new ones? Hear me out.... Smile

First of all, I would like to clarify that the Products Review section of the forum is only for posting product reviews - not for posting questions about various products. If you have a question about a product then please post that in the Skincare forum. There should be a clear distinction between the two so that people interested only in product reviews can read those without sifting through other threads.

Second, it has been brought to my attention that lately there have been many new review threads about the same line (sometimes apparently even just about a packaging change) and where in each thread a few products are being reviewed, sometimes while the other freshly started thread is still visible on the same page. There is no point in creating a new thread each time, rather we should be adding to existing threads so that these are then easier to find and follow - in particular when the reviews are recent (I can understand, say, not realising that a product was reviewed three years ago etc). Scanning the forum I have seen this in particular with Candessence reviews recently, but also a few other brands that are going through a popular phase at the moment.

So, in summary, please search for existing review threads before starting a new thread and please keep the PR forum tidy by posting only reviews in this section.

Many thanks!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I hope you don't mind me replying to this post Mabsy!

This is not originally my tip...I can't remember who first mentioned this on EDS, but I learned it here.

You can do a "super search" on EDS using google.
In the search field enter the key words you want to look up, for instance, you could put in "Candessence eye'll be seeing you oil" (without the ") then hit space. After that type in:

site:www.essentialdayspa.com/forum

so it will look like this in the search field:

Candessence eye'll be seeing you oil site:www.essentialdayspa.com/forum

and you'll get all the results on EDS. I've had much more success with this than just using the search feature here in the forum.
It's a great way to search any message board, and you don't even have to go to the site.
Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy...I want to make sure I understand correctly...if i got a question about a product that I just read the review can I ask it directly to the person ont the product review ? Or sould I start a new conversation on the skin care forum ? Im sorry, my question could sound silly but I dont whant to be the girl that do everything backword . Thanks !
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy...just read this thread. I did a review on a Candessence product that I don't believe has been reviewed before. Sorry if I should not have started a new thread Sad . I have been around a long time and don't want to make you job on EDS difficult.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
oh geez ... I am so blind. I just read this thread. Sorry - I'm sure I've started a ton of new threads.

Must say though - sometimes it is truly valuable to be able to read ONE thread that has everyone's comments - on the other hand -sometimes it is daunting to see 33 pages of comments.

p.s. When doing a search I also try different variations on a name. There are a lot of acronyms out there.

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
katya - sorry, I didn't see your question before. Feel free to follow-up in the review once it is posted. What I am mainly intersted in is to cut down on the duplicate reviews of same products - particularly in a short time frame.

Though I do see the trade-off as mentioned. On the one hand it's nice to have everything in one place, on the other it's daunting when you have to sift through a ginormous thread...
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Some more info on searching which I hope is useful: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14779
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Bump!

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Um... ladies - let's not get over-excited about this Smile This post is a sticky, no need to bump it up.

The thread will soon be replaced by a complete set of forum guidelines once a new document has been written. It will either be a sticky in each forum section, or a large link on the main index of the forum.
aramel
5% products discount

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just a thought but what if you had a new forum heading "Most Asked Topics."

This would certainly give some interest when first entering the forum and the threads could be listed under each question.

You know when us girls get around a table and start talking, the next thing we are talking faster than we are thinking and then cutting each other off, well I think this is what is happening here, we get reading and then a thought comes into our heads and the next thing we are typing our little fingers off!
Magda

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
We just made it easier to check for the existing reviews. When you start a new topic on this page http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=2

after entering your topic/review title you can press search button and it will show you what was already said on that topic. Please feel free to continue any of the similar threads instead starting the new one.
havana8

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
oh wow, how exciting! thank you, Magda!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |