Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Ocean Lotion (180 ml / 6 floz) Payot Supreme Jeunesse Nuit (Night) (50 ml / 1.6 floz) BDB The Jet Setter (3 items)
What works to keep breast skin firm? Retin A & AHA?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, Im new here and can tell this is a great forum already Smile

I just started using Retin A 0.025% in addition to my AHA on my face two days ago to work on increasing collagen production and elastine repair.

I was wondering, if this will also improve and help keep the skin of my chest firm and elastic?

Thanks Smile Monica
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
It definitely can, I helped my sister repair her breast skin with strong aha's, retin a, tca and copper peptides. This was after giving birth, if you are just looking to maintain, CP's and TCA aren't necessary. I think what your doing will work well, I would also reccomend adding a vitamin C serum for prevention as well. Also, you should use something healing like emu oil or squalane (psf has squalane with alpha lipoic acid-great for prevention as well) to moisturize if you are going to be using aha's and retin a.

Edited to say: Welcome to the forum!! Very Happy
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much! Im excited to hear that this worked for your sister. I have implants and need to strengthen my skin to keep them perky Smile

How do I fit Copper Peptides in?

I use Retin A and then AHA at night, followed later by CeraVe moisturizer. I use the AHA with the Retin A because I read that it helps the Retin A get absorbed even better.

So far I have no problem with irritation.

In the AM I use CeraVe and sunblock SPF 30.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to DMAE mine aren't "eyeing the floor" at 38 years old (they're 18 years younger than I am. Laughing Laughing)

So, of course, DMAE Serum between 3 and 4% is what I'd recommend.

Ari

edit: Oh yeah, and my "old lady arms" don't wave in the breeze, either. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle,
Do you find the DMAE doesn't irritate the nipple area or do you avoid using the DMAE there?

kimberly
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
When should I use the DMAE and what kind?

When and how to use the copper peptides?

Can I skip the Vit C if I use CP?

Oh, and what is TCA???
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend the BND (Breast, Nipple, Decollétage) cream from Skin Biology; it's also available from Diana Yvonne. It comes in nice fragrances (or not) and I use it nightly. My girls are perky from this and I also use DDF's 15% Glycolic body lotion on them in the AM.

It's formulated for the entire region noted above and is non-irritating (my experience, anyway); I have been easily irritated before because this skin is far more sensitive but have had no problems w/this cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Arielle,
Do you find the DMAE doesn't irritate the nipple area or do you avoid using the DMAE there?

kimberly

It doesn't irritate me. But, if you're particularly sensitive in the nipple area, you might want to avoid it.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:13 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I recommend the BND (Breast, Nipple, Decollétage) cream from Skin Biology; it's also available from Diana Yvonne. It comes in nice fragrances (or not) and I use it nightly. My girls are perky from this and I also use DDF's 15% Glycolic body lotion on them in the AM.

It's formulated for the entire region noted above and is non-irritating (my experience, anyway); I have been easily irritated before because this skin is far more sensitive but have had no problems w/this cream.

Hi scalawaggirl. After nursing 3 kids, my "girls" aren't so perky anymore. I'm thinking that nothing short of a miracle, or breast lift will help. Can you tell me if you think your decollete regime would help with my situation? Do you just use the products to maintain firmness of your skin, or did you have droopiness as well that the products helped with?

If anyone has any advice on super strong products to lift the breast, please HELP! TIA
trianglefish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Will exercise on breast muscle help on top of applying cream?
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:52 am      Reply with quote
trianglefish wrote:

Definitely! Joining a gym seriously changed my body, including my breasts. I actually lost weight but I went up a cup size because of developing my pectoral muscles. My chest doesn't look manly or anything, just perkier and fuller. I recommend exercises that hit the sternal pectoral muscles:

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ChestWt.html#anchor165455

I do these mostly, but anything that hits the sternal muscles will work very well:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/BBBenchPress.html
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/DBFly.html

Stick with low Reps and moderate amounts of sets (3-5) to build muscle fast. I normally do 3-5 sets of 5-6.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree with working out. It does help a lot plus you feel better. My breasts were never saggy because I haven't had children (at 35) but they weren't as perky as when I was 25 so I started to lift hand weights and do cardio. This really works and my entire chest area feels firmer and looks better. The rest of my body does too. Smile
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I tried the weight thing...all I got was bigger arms..I had to stop.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
In my situation, I don't think lifting weights will help much. I have been consistently working out, but to no avail. My issue is more of loose/saggy skin. I can actually see the developed pectoral muscles underneath the saggy skin. It's the same situation I had with my abs after I had my babies. When I started working out again I could see the developing ab muscles, but they were covered with a layer of fat, until I eventually burned the fat off to reveal my abs. Unfortunately, I'm not having the same results with my chest. I think all the breastfeeding has really taken a toll on their elasticity. I think the only options I have are some sort of cream or supplement, or on the drastic side, a breast lift. I've also heard of using Titan or Thermage to stimulate collagen, but I'm not sure if it would be effective in my case.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
trianglefish wrote:

Definitely! Joining a gym seriously changed my body, including my breasts. I actually lost weight but I went up a cup size because of developing my pectoral muscles. My chest doesn't look manly or anything, just perkier and fuller. I recommend exercises that hit the sternal pectoral muscles:

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ChestWt.html#anchor165455

I do these mostly, but anything that hits the sternal muscles will work very well:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/BBBenchPress.html
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/DBFly.html

Stick with low Reps and moderate amounts of sets (3-5) to build muscle fast. I normally do 3-5 sets of 5-6.

Dealated, how much weight do you use? I have 10 pound dumbells, but I'm thinking that's not enough...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Monica. I've done alot of breastfeeding and I know what you mean.

The skinbio BND is doing good work for me with regard to the skin on my breasts. I've been using it for a month or so and I see quite an improvement.

I think I will continue with it for quite some time, and build up to a stronger level of CP, even, if I can.

As for lifting the breast. I did some reading about this at Make Up Alley, and I found out about Avon Breast cream. ( yes, Avon!) and I bought a tub. I got it on ebay for some very very low price.

It does a very very good job. Surprisingly so.

I'm going to give these products a good run of a year or so before I decide about wether to go for a breast lift or not.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I just read about the Avon cream on MUA as well & ordered myself a couple tubes. The results sound very promising. There were also quite a few reviews from women who had the same problem with the sagging after breastfeeding. I hope this works for me as well. I'll keep you all posted.

On another note, has anyone heard of taking breast enhancement supplements? They claim to increase bust size, which I REALLY do not need, but also to firm them. I'm concerned because although I would like to firm my bust, I DO NOT need them any bigger. In fact, I'd like to reduce their size. Any thoughts?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl - I've just received a parcel from dianayvonne.com yesterday and have now started to use the BND, along with Exfol Cream on my chest.

Do you use the BND once a day?

So far, despite my very dry skin, I've not had any irritation (although I know it's very early days yet). In fact, my chest area's feeling smooth and moisturised with those products today. Fingers crossed that it stays that way. Very Happy
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the CP serum to use in the PM and am already using Retin A PM and AHA AM on my chest. Im still using Paula's AHA which is not that strong at 8% with a rather high ph of 3, but its all I have presently. It may be good though while Im still getting used to the tretinoin. Im going to use a 10% LA serum instead with a ph of 1.9 by Dianna Yvonne which Im also waiting for Smile

Im doing this in conjunction with my face and decollete.

I have a couple body scars also, which I will treat the same way, only stronger CP treatment and building up to 30% LA serum.

I will keep you posted in the future, how its working.
belleoftheball
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Aren't your girly bits to tender for DMAE etc? I am starting to have man-boobs so I used DMAE one morning -BIG MISTAKE! It stung like there was no tomorrow and I'm a he!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
belleoftheball wrote:
Aren't your girly bits to tender for DMAE etc? I am starting to have man-boobs so I used DMAE one morning -BIG MISTAKE! It stung like there was no tomorrow and I'm a he!

rofl You're too cute, sweetie! But then, you know that. Wink

Skin sensitivity does vary from person to person. But, evidently, I was built to withstand "whisker-burn" and babies. Laughing

Also, now when I wave "bye-bye" to someone, only the wrist action is evident. The old upper arms stay where they belong!

Ari

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying to eat a falafel here and you're writing about whisker-burns on your girly bits- geez Arielle I'm a naive and tender young thing!

5% products discount

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm 29 and have nursed 3 children for a total of 6 years. I think my breasts are trying to run down my body and get away from me. Would any of these remedies work for me or am I a lost cause? Oh. I stopped nursing my last baby (last baby as in...stick a fork in me. I'm DONE!)about 6 months ago but the milk has still yet to dry up completely. Does that matter?

Edit to add: Obviously I didn't finish reading all the posts on this topic before I hurried to reply. Rolling Eyes Off to read now Bad Grin
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I just found this today - Retin A works to firm breast skin too Smile

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/44/76.cfm

Quote:
Shrink the stretch marks. If you've just had a baby and the stretch marks on the top and sides of your breasts are red and inflamed, you can treat them with daily applications of tretinoin (Retin-A), says Dr. Kligman. Talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for the drug. Not only does Retin-A tighten the stretched skin but there's some evidence that it also builds a new superstructure under the skin to help firm it.
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Well, I have tried a couple of things as of late, since my breasts were starting to eye the floor (I'm a 36E and a lost about 15 pounds in the last three months).

CP serum and Tri-Reduction gave me a rash. BND and P&R lotion had a nice feeling to them, but I only had samples, so I didn't have the opportunity to use them for long.

Well, the one thing I can say for sure has made an enormous difference in the look of my breasts in just a month and a half has been dry brushing and I have to thank scalawaggirl for mentioning it and posting a link in one of the threads.

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skin Biology Protect & Restore High Retinol and Oil of Lavender - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) Babor Skinovage PX Vita Balance Oxygen Energizing Cream (50 ml / 1.75 oz)