Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Good Cleasnsing Toner? Dr.H Clarifying toner isnt working.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
willisti
5% products discount

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Ive being using the Dr.H clarifying toner for a while now and im starting to think its not really doing any good for my skin as ive had more blocked pores appearing. And I hate the smell!!

So can anyone recommend a good cleansing toner preferably which contains salicylic acid which I could buy?

Thanks Very Happy
trianglefish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think toner will really solve your clogged pore problem. I personally think cleansing mask works better in this regard. clarison/kiehl's have good toner. You may want to look into their product
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Perhaps you should try an ACV toner (you can DIY from the DIY thread). Or buy one from the health food store - I like Earth Sciences Clarifying Herbal Astringent - no alcohol, has lots of good ingredients and completely natural, it's ACV based.
willisti
5% products discount

Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I have also been trying to find a good Glycolic acid peel(s) but just had no luck.

Anyone know where i can buy a good one?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:18 am      Reply with quote
On EDS! PSF's Pumpkin Peel and Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel are very good.
willisti
5% products discount

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty Green Apple looks the best. $39 is quite a lot though, how long does it last roughly?
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Personally, I won't spend any money on toner. Toner is not a must in any skin care regimen. The only thing you need to do is to apply moisturzier while you skin is still damp.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
willisti wrote:
Juice Beauty Green Apple looks the best. $39 is quite a lot though, how long does it last roughly?

I've had a time where I used it almost everyday and if I use it that often it'll last been around 2-3 months but you only need it 1-2x a week so it should last you 5-6 months. You only apply a thin layer of it.
willisti
5% products discount

Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Oh right that is pretty good value for money then!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I second the suggestion for the Green Apple Peel. I LOVE this stuff, and personally I think it would make any clarifying toner work better. Actually, I love the smell of the Dr. H toner, but like you I don't think it does a whole lot for clogged pores, so I've temporarily shelved mine. Instead, I've been using Zenbiotic's Oxytoner (www.zenbiotic.com )--- cheap and it works GREAT, and the toner from Best Bath Store (www.bestbathstore.com ). The one from BBS is more expensive, but you can try a free sample first, which is nice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
For peels, I highly recommend Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel.

For a deep cleansing mask, I highly recommend the Clay-Neem Treatment by Earth to Body. I love this stuff. www.earthtobody.ca

5% products discount

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Got hold of the Juicy Peel now, just doing a test patch Very Happy

Didnt realise it would be so slimy!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I have the Dr. H facial toner and really didnt find it does anything for the skin. Overall I dont think toners really do much. You have to be careful about alchoholic toners since they can be very drying to the skin. I used to use the toners from clinique and that really dried out my skin very badly.. i would only suggest alchoholic toners for those who have very oily/acne skin. Other than that I think toners are a waste of money. A good cleaner, exfoliator and moisturizer should be goood enough.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I tried that Dr. H toner and did not like it either. I have been using:Witchhazel, Neutrogena Clean Pores and L'Occitane Olive Radiance toners. I like them all but can really give a thumbs up to the Neutrogena...it has Aha and Bha I think...it smells nice and keeps my blackheads away. Oh yeah...I have also been using the proactive system again (this week to clear up a few spots) and their toner is good too.
willisti
5% products discount

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I believe the toner was a waste of time for my skin so I have stopped using it. However still using Dr.H Cleansing Cream although debating whether that is actually working or not.

Just used the green peel all over my face a little red now but nothing stings. Heard your skin turns nice and pink after a while so we shall see!

Very Happy
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
The only thing I liked in the proactiv routine was the toner. The cleanser and acne treatment were bad, but the toner was good
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |