Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to thank Tangal and Rubby for the nice words also! Rubby, I am truly happy that I inspired you to start again. How are you doing with it?
TenuajYoj

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hey ya'll! Still haven't used my L2K system yet, but I've been contemplating using the Cynthia Rowland lip plumping device for quite some time now and finally just ordered it. It was kinda expensive, not as much as L2k but still... I hope it works! hehe. If not I hope they take returns. Do you think it would be okay to use with the L2K system? I was thinking it might help give a temporary effect while I'm waiting for the long term effect from L2K to kick in. What do ya'll think?
Please feel free to add ur 2 cents in... good or bad. Smile
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:24 am      Reply with quote
I personally would not recommend using the device at the same time as using the L2K system, at least during the rejuvenation process.

Plumping devices work by causing fluid movement and fluid swelling within the lip tissues. The L2K system is dependant on all lip tissues being able to properly absorb and receive the product treatment activities completely, and regularly, which is related to fluid distribution. (thus the reason you apply so often)

Using a plumping device at the same time, could alter the way the treatment activities are distributed in the lip tissues, and layers, and this could possibly effect results, or ability of activities to saturate all tissue layers as needed.

I would save the plumping device until after lips are completely rejuvenated, it would be less likely to impact your treatment goals at that point.
aquarius86
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Wow...to everyone who posted pics, your lips look great. I envy you that you are already 60 and 90 days into the system. I am just starting my 2nd week faithfully applying everything every 20 - 30 min. I hope I see results like this. A few have mentioned using the ULLE. Do you use it after applying the other items, or do you apply it along with everything else?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I have only been useing the LE and ULLE on lips the last 30 days in my recent pictures, at the 120 day mark, before 150 day pics. (page 59)

I did not use these products on lips or around lips before then, as I have no upper lips line issues.

I apply some ULLE to lips, then a layer of Cream, then a layer of LE, then a layer of Gold. Blow dry then glaze.

I have also done the mixing way, both methods work fine for me and the same.

But I felt separate layers would give me more amounts of each of the active ingredients in each product.

I do the ULLE/LE addition twice a day, I try to blow dry both times, but often only get the heat added once a day.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Like Tangal, I've only been using the ULLE on my lips for the last 30 days, although I was using above and below my lips before that.

I apply it similarly, although I usually apply it over the LC: LC, ULLE, LG, LE and then LG. Not sure that the order matters and I might switch to put to the ULLE on the bottom to see if that changes anything.

I do the full application morning and night, and usually just blow dry once in the evening.

-Cathy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I have not been able to use the ULLE or LE on my lips. Every time I do, they get very dry and peely the next day! I use them above my upper lip in hopes of eventually getting rid of my horrible vertical lines.

Aquarius - I would also check with Kandis about using those 2 on your lips, as I am not sure she really recommends you use those at the very beginning of the system. The time goes by really quick Aquarius and you will be posting 30 days pics before you know it! (I hope you post pics!!)

bkkgirl - I use the products every 30-60 minutes and have from the very beginning. What Tangal said is key - consistency. That is what makes all the difference - don't miss a night doing the system and heat, apply your products faithfully during the day - the closer the interval the better for your lips - just stay consistent and you will have results!
aquarius86
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I will check with Kandis about using those 2 products early on in the procedure.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
It was a bit hard at first, but after the first two weeks, gets easy.

It is very important that you apply very often while lips are rejuvenating, because they really do need the added moisturizer. If you only apply, say every hour, or longer - your results will take much longer to appear.
Applying less often, allows lips to begin dehidrating again, which you want to avoid, for bets results.

Sort of like medication, you need to take an antibiotic as often as prescribed (every 4 hours for example) to maintain adequate high levels of the product in all your body tissues, or it will take you much longer to recover from the illness.

But if applying once an hour or so is all you can do, then that's all you can do. At least do make a point to really apply regularly throughout the day and evening before bed everyday consistantly. Consistantcy is really the main key. You will still get benefit, you will just possibly have slower progress. So just keep that in mind.

I made a point to keep the product with me at all times, laying on my desk next to me, or in my pocket, or on my counter by me, for example, and every time I see it or think about it, I would apply.

I even had a tube of Night Glaze I carried to bed and laid on my night stand, applying before sleeping, and through the night if I woke, and first thing in the AM. (I don't do that now really as lips are much less dry, and don't seem to need it)

Now I don't apply as often (20-30 min), maybe once an hour roughly, but my lips are in much better shape - now. When first using the system for the first 3-4 months I always applied every 20-30 min as much as possible anyway.

Thank you, Tangal. I will have to try harder to remember to apply it every 20-30 mins then. I know it will be hard, especially if I'm in a meeting for an hour, I will look quite odd to take out my LC, LG, and NG and start applying it. I wonder how anyone does that when they have to go to a meeting at work.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
dont apply all three every time. I don't.

I do the NC, LG and NG, then NG,(wait 20/30 min) NG,(wait 20/30) NG (wait 20/30, then start over. So you do glaze most of the time.

Now you can vary your routine a bit too. Some do NC and NG one day alternated, or NC/NG/NG/NG. And do LG/NG/NG/NG the alternate day. But I can never remember what day I was on so that did not work for me.

If in a meeting, simply reapply a colored glaze, looks just like a lip gloss, it only takes a second.

Or apply just before the meeting and just after.

Or instead use the colored gloss product only, it can replace the night glaze for times at work and such, then when returning home start over.

No need to make it harder on yourself then you need to. Wink
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Is it possible to use one product to see results??

I can exfoliate using Carries lip scrub..but then what?

I can not purchase the entire system right now, but still want to take baby steps in the right direction until I can.

I was thinking of either the Liquid Gold or Colored Night glaze.

Which one would be better?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I got an email from Kandis this morning that there're now 18 colors of NGs available, and you can use colored NG instead of regular NG. That sounds wonderful, especially for day time application of NG so you can get more color on your lips!

I am anxiously awaiting my order to arrive. Once I find if I am not allergic to the regular NG, I can order the intro special. I heard you go through the NGs really fast.

How long does it take you all to finish a tube of Lip Cream, Liquid Gold, and Night Glaze?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
deanne123 wrote:
Is it possible to use one product to see results??

I can exfoliate using Carries lip scrub..but then what?

I can not purchase the entire system right now, but still want to take baby steps in the right direction until I can.

I was thinking of either the Liquid Gold or Colored Night glaze.

Which one would be better?

Hi Deanne,
I can certainly appreciate your dilemma. I think you should email Kandis and get her opinion on this. She's super helpful and very prompt to respond.
Bkk
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Deanne,

I was in your shoes as well...operating on a limited budget. But, I would definitely get all 4 products as they are designed to work synergistically together. But, I am very careful to dab and press, dab and press the product into my lips and that way, I seem to be able to stretch my usage a bit. This is one of the few products that I've tried (when you truly follow the directions) that delivered more than I expected.

Plus, if you count what other EDS-ers have spent on lip plumpers, lip glosses that only give temporary results..I think this actually comes out to be a better investment in the long-term as your lips are truly rejuvenated..instead of temporarily irritated to achieve a fake plumpness, if you will. One of my few pellets of wisdom...I've never been unhappy when I spent a little more on a quality product...only angry at myself when I went the cheap route and got what I paid for!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
One thing to keep in mind, the reason there are 4 products in the kit, is each has different active ingredients.

They can not all be effectively combined in one “shotgun effect” product and work in the same way. Yes some of the ingrediants surely can, but not all.
Different activities have different effects on the tissue. And the base they are each in, works to enhance their individual effects. Some build fat in the lip, some build collagen, some work on barrier repair and moisture retention ability, some add an effective deeply penetrating bioavailabilable moisturizer that is easier for the lips to absorb, some tackle fine line, and tissue “deflation”, etc.

And the products are all formulated together to enhance the way each works together, so you get more overall benefit from each used together, then any used alone.

I know you hear stuff like that all the time from companys, and many times its not true. (“you must use our cleanser or our treatment will not work as well”) But in some cases it really IS true. For example using a low pH cleanser before using a low pH acid enhances the effects of the acid dramatically increasing its benefit above what you would get if you use it with another higher pH cleanser.

The L2K products may not work in exactly that way in regards of pH, but they do have activities that interact together and build on the effects, of other products in the system.

So though buying one product will probably give some benefit to you, you are really shortchanging yourself in the long run. And in all honesty, not getting as much “bang for your buck”; Because I don’t think you are giving yourself the best chance for the best results in the fastest timeframe. Which is what we all want. And which means more money spent at once, but less money spent in the long term overall, because results are more dramatic and faster. So you are using the products intensely for a shorter timeframe.

Even using all the products together, at optimal reapplication time, still will take time for visible results, because tissue takes time to regrow and repair. It took years to get damaged, it will not repair in a few weeks.

Just as one example, collagen typically takes about 60 days before results are “first” noticed. Older skin may take even longer then younger skin. And more damaged skin, will take longer. So time is needed here, biologicial systems take time.

I really do understand budget issues. I really really do. One thing I have also struggled with personally.
I thought long and hard before investing in this system, and I knew I would need to be able to invest at least 4-5 months worth to really give it the best chance. Only at that point did I feel it was fair to continue or drop the product.
For me it worked, I feel it was worth the cost. And now I am at the point where I need to apply less often, so product lasts longer, and lips are still lovely.
You also do get discount codes, and bonus value points with each order which do help some to defray the costs. And Kandis is very generous about running regular promotions for all her customers with additional discounts ontop of the promo codes and such.

Yes the system seems pricy, but the ingredients used are pricy. I have priced them; they are not cheap ingredients with a gazillion dollar markup.
And I have found that some of the truly effective skincare ingredients, at effective levels of percentages, are a bit more costly. That does not mean every $100 product is better then a $20 one. It’s not that simple at all. But one should look at the makeup of the products, and why that price point is used, and see if it truly does contain beneficial ingredients, that do what it says, in a base and percentage to provide those results. I personally feel the L2K system does this.

Though the pictures on this thread from users, may not be overly dramatic, I think all do show marked improvement. Some more then others, that’s true. And some felt it did not suit them, and no longer use this line. And that’s normal with any product as well, and nothing wrong with that.

But we come from a range of ages, lifestyle, damage levels etc. So it gives you a decent cross section of all types. And how the product works, and the system we each used.
Over all, the ones with the best results used the entire system regularly, going through one kit in roughly 4-6 weeks during the repair process, and applied very consistently and often through the day – everyday – aiming for 20-30 min reapplication time as possible.

Good luck to all.
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Oh my, you gals simply must try Kandis' new golden colored lip glaze over the Sexy Mama gloss. This creates a Nars sin type look on your lips and I just love it! Not to mention, the product feels so good on your smackers! lol
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
hollywood wrote:
Oh my, you gals simply must try Kandis' new golden colored lip glaze over the Sexy Mama gloss. This creates a Nars sin type look on your lips and I just love it! Not to mention, the product feels so good on your smackers! lol

Hollywood,
Did you buy the special - 3 colored glazes? Which colours did you choose? I just recently received my Summer Special, and was bummed when the coloured lip glaze special came out only a day or two later. I would have preferred to order both at the same time and save on shipping ($$ are always better spent on product than on the shipping, right?). I will order the coloured glaze special sooner or later as I love the idea of some colour on my lips. I do use glosses, but I find them a bit drying, so colored lip glaze would be just perfect.

ETA: Is anybody still using the lip colour system? I purchased it but never used it.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I didn't do the "3-for" special..since I had a few referral credits saved up and I thought I would try a few first. Sometimes, I don't like having too many of one item around (I know I'm a little anal!!)..so I wanted to make sure that I would love them..and I adore them! So, I am now a little sorry that I didn't order 3! I don't have the color names in front of me (but I ordered the gold gloss that was on the far left of your screem) and the second one in from the right of the rich colored glosses. They really look beautiful on their own, too! I wore just the gold colored glaze with a pastel Dior eye palette today and it looked really good!

Let me know of you come up with a great color combo! I will definitely be ordering more..the peach/brown glazes are now calling my name.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Hollywood,
What is the referring credit you mentioned? Also if you use that, you can't use the special 3-for?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Also, I heard that you can use colored NG in place of regular NG. Is the colored one as hydrating as the regular one?
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a bunch of them and yes, the colored ones are as hydrating as the non-colored. I also got the 1st gold one and think its a great color - it looks really good over the napa wine (I got that one in the glaze for color formula). I have the last 2 of the rich colored glosses in night glaze and LOVE the last one on the right - it is a great color. I think these are great to have in both night glaze (to give color while you need moisture) and in the glaze to go over colors to soften some of the base colors. You can experiment and come up with a lot of combos - but for now I really like a thin layer of napa wine with that gold glaze over the top - that combo will be a long term keeper for me.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Charis,
Are you saying that we can use coloured NG over the lip colours? I thought that the glaze that goes over the lip colour is different from NG and that NG could not be used with the colour system (destroying the colour or something).
I have two different lip colours (can't remember names right now), that I never used Confused, and would actually like to start using them. I have to figure out the way of applying them lightly, so they are not too dark/intense (I generally don't put a lot of colour on my lips).

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Rubby, yes, the glaze for the color system IS a different formula from the NG. However, Kandis (and I believe it says so on her sight) will make ANY of these new colors in the glaze for colors formula. I got 4 of them, plus 2 in the NG formula. I thought it was a really great way to tone down or "soften" the colors. I did purchase four of the color systems, but actually have only tried the Napa wime so far (I'm not always using the colors right now since it's just been 3 weeks) but I am like you and don't like my colors really dark (yet I need color) yet when I put on the lightest amount with the applicator the dab it with my finger - that smooths it out and lightens it a little - and then add that first gold color on top, I REALLY like.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Cathy Jean, your lips are looking great! I could see that the lines around the corners of your lips in the earlier pics simply disappeared now, too. How awesome! Congrats! Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
What colors have you all tried so far? I am considering these 3 colors:

1. Light raspberry/boysenberry frappe
2. Rich pink sorbet
3. Soft rust/orange shimmer

Anyone has tried any of them before?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |