Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Liz,I agree with the others, peeling is completely individual. I only peeled once or twice since I started using the system. I think the fact that you're peeling so much is a good sign - you're quickly getting rid of old layers of skin, which should speed up the rejuvenation process for you.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Waffle, Aries, Rubby, and other ladies who peeled A LOT, when did you stop peeling so much?

Hi Manslayerliz, like others have said - peeling seem to be very individual and it really varies from person to person.

Now - my experience was pretty bad at the beginning of the L2K process, so I just might be the right person to calm you down and encourage you to keep the course.

When I started the system (this was in January, so good 6-7 months ago) I started peeling like crazy. My lips were constantly dry and I had these large patches of thick, dry skin on my bottom lip. On several occasions my bottom lip cracked open so it was also painful, uncomfortable and ugly to look at. This extreme peeling and dryness lasted for good 6 weeks and it was more or less constant Shock !!

During all of that Kandis was very helpful and supportive, so I pushed through this phase and I'm glad I did. I think there were couple of reasons for my extreme peeling at the beginning. I never took care of my lips in the past and they were in a pretty bad shape when I started. Also, I exfoliated daily at the beginning, and Kandis felt that that might have been too much for me.

So, approximately 6-7 weeks into the process i experienced my first few days without peeling.

Now, at a 6-7 month point, I can't remember the last time I peeled.

So Liz, I hope this helps a bit. My beginning on the system was pretty horrific, but now, I'm happy i stuck with it. I've been using L2K stuff only, and have not applied a single other thing on my lips since I started in January. And i will definitely continue with the system.

Good luck! R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback, ladies! Rubby, your experience sounds EXACTLY like mine--- constant peeling, with large, thick patches of skin that crack open before eventually peeling off on their own. Besides it being uncomfortable, sometimes I'm embarrassed to go out in public! Embarassed However, I'm determined to push through and I'm looking forward to having nice lips! It's nice to hear that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'll keep everyone updated!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! Anya and Riley--there's such a huge improvement in your lips it almost seems impossible! Well, I've been putting off purchasing the L2K system for quite awhile, but these recent pictures pretty much have me convinced.. Anya? What color do you have on in your bottom picture? And is that night glaze or what? The color is beautiful on you!
Thanks!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lefemme Very Happy
Thank you! Yes, I was wearing one of the coloured NG's in the bottom pic....I think it was Berry Blend Confused
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the lip liners with the Lipcolor System? Are they needed or can you get a clean line with just the wand applicator?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I never really wore neither of the lip colours i have, so I never bought the lip liners either. I know, however, that there were ladies around here who used the lip colour regularly, before Kandis even had the lip liners available for sale. I know Scalawaggirl was one of the ladies who had good success with lip colours and enjoyed wearing them. Perhaps you could PM her and ask.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
So here are my updated photos. I am now at 150 days. I never took any 90 day or 120 day photos because as you can see from the photos, I'm not really seeing any difference between 60 days and now. Although my upper lip on the 150 days side photo does seem more lifted I think. And my lips still feel really healthy, although they do seem drier on the days I use the LG. I still have hardly peeled though. I must confess, the last couple months I have not been applying my NG as often as I probably should, which is probably why I'm not seeing much difference. I have just placed another order for lots of NG's so I can have them all around the house to remind myself to keep applying, and hopefully I'll see some difference in my next set of photos.

Before ImageImage
30 days ImageImage
60 days ImageImage
150 days ImageImage
[IMG]
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Here are my pics for the month.

I am seeing a better color in the latest pictures and I think the lip border is looking better. I have not seen much in the way of growth. I will post what Kandis has to say when she gets back to me.

Diana P, your lips are looking good!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, I definitely see an improvement in the lip border and there are also less lines in your lips. Very nice!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

Before ImageImage
30 days ImageImage
60 days ImageImage
150 days ImageImage
[IMG]

Hi DianaP,
Oh, I think i see great change b/w your 60 days and 150 days photos. Look at your bottom lip at the 60 day photo - see the little valley in the middle of the lip? Look how nicely it has filled in on the 150 day photo! The upper lip also looks puffier on the sides -toward the corners of your lips.
I think your lips look amazing and there seem to be great progress.
R. Wink

anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Diana P and Rileygirl, both of you have marked improvements on your most recent pics v's earlier ones

Diana P, you might not notice any improvement, but I sure do - your lips are much fuller this time around.

You both look great!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Diana P and Anya. Still have not heard from Kandis, but will post her opinions when I do!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Ok. Here is what Kandis has said so far about my 120 day pic.

"I will add this to your photo lip journal tonight or in the morning, but from looking at it, I am very pleased. I zeroed in on the lines above your lips first and they are finally becoming less deep, meaning we have finally started to ease that pulling and constricting which has been going on for YEARS - LITERALLY!!! Your lips are becoming symetrical - which means they are becoming perfect. All of these things tell me you have been diligent and committed and again I am so very very proud of you!!!"

I will post the pics that Kandis sends me, as she always aligns then better so that each picture is about the same distance, which helps me see progress or lack thereof better!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I will post the pics that Kandis sends me, as she always aligns then better so that each picture is about the same distance, which helps me see progress or lack thereof better!

I would like to see the photos Rileygirl. Kandis has never done that with mine so I'm curious what she does to help see the progress better.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
This is what Kandis wrote about my 150 day photo.

"Your lips are totally smooth now with no vertical lips lines. Be proud - we are a very select few who can say that."

I guess the picture I sent her was a bit deceiving because I had NG on in my photo and it does almost look as though I have no vertical lines. But when I have nothing on my lips you can definitely still see some vertical lines. But they do look better and I am really happy with the condition of my lips and the fact that they are looking and feeling plumper.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Diana. I am not sure if it would help anyone on here notice my progress, but it helps me. My son did the current "journal" of pictures that I just posted, but they are not adjusted so that they are all at about the same distance from the camera. Not sure if I am making sense, but to you guys it might look exactly the same as what I already posted, it just helps me get a better perspective!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hi, Diana. I am not sure if it would help anyone on here notice my progress, but it helps me. My son did the current "journal" of pictures that I just posted, but they are not adjusted so that they are all at about the same distance from the camera. Not sure if I am making sense, but to you guys it might look exactly the same as what I already posted, it just helps me get a better perspective!

Oh, she probably just clips a little more from the photos that look further away. I try to do that when I send them to her. I am glad though that I have been taking photos so that I can see the progression of improvement.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. Here are the pictures from Kandis.

And, this is what she wrote: "look at your before pix at the top of the attachment: notice the right upper lip, looking at your monitor. You can see that it is smaller than the other side. Look at your 30 day photo, the 2nd pix down, paying particular attentiom to your bottom lip line, which in your recent pix has smoothed right out. Your lips are becoming symetrical, as is the fullness which is occuring in them. This is exactly what we want to achieve in having beautiful lips. The intensity of your natural lip color has improved even since last month. Your lip surface continues to smooth out; however, the remaining lines seen on the surface of your lips as well as above them, are attributable to your underlying lip tissues which are still in a constricting state, though not pulling as severely as they were."
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Rileygirl - what a difference Shock Kandis' journal sure gets the point across - your lips are looking great Very Happy

I sent her a pic I took today and she's making me up a journal too, so I'll post it as soon as I get it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Yes, anya, I love how she can use her program to make the pictures all be the same distance. She is not changing anything on the pics, just adjusting the difference so that they are same distance! Please post when you get your pics, I can't wait to see!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Here are my most recent results which Kandis kindly put together for me. In the earlier pictures I was wearing NG, but you can see in the last two my lips are bare, (which gives you a better idea of progress to date). I've been using the system since May.

I'm just sorry I didn't start taking bare lip pictures from the beginning, but hey I know they're much fuller and that makes me happy Laughing

Anya
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Anya, your lips look gorgeous! They are definitely fuller. I like your idea of bare lips as I think that really gives a better idea of the progress than with the lips all glossed up. I will try that next time for my pics as well! Congrats, your lips look fabulous!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Anya I can definitely see the fullness in your most recent photos. Your lips look great!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I like the way that not only do my lips look fuller, they also feel fuller, more puffed up. I know for a fact that my lips are getting fuller because even when my lips are closed, on my top lip I can see an area of lighter skin. I think that's because for years that part of my lips was next to my teeth and now that my lips are plumping up, that part of my lip is now exposed. You can see sort of see it on my 150 day photo. That's part of the reason I am so eager to try the Lipcolours, so that my lips are all the same colour. I will be glad when that lighter area darkens up to match the rest of my lips.

I was also wondering if anyone else has noticed that when they are blowdrying their lips, do you feel a tingling sensation? It's not a strong tingling, it's very faint and I only notice it when I stand still, close my eyes and concentrate on my lips. I like it because it really lets me know that the LG is penetrating into my lips and doing its job.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Great results you all. You are soooo good at taking progress pics. I need to take updated pics. I've been inconsistent with the application, but I was not looking for bigger lips, just softer lips, so I'm happy with the results right now. Still I should try to take some pics to see if there's any diff to be detected.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |