Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
robinson

Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - this is my first post - been lurking for a couple of months. Bought the L2K on the recommendations of this board. I never wear makeup except for lipstick and after 30 odd years my lips were very dry, skin coloured (same as my face) and I have very deep vertical lines above them.

I have always been a bit conscious of my lips as they were always a bit "big". They wouldn't be considered that way now as big lips seem to be everywhere. But when I was a child I used to get called "fish face" because they were a bit larger than normal. So I had been looking for something to bring back that fullness.

What I have noticed after using the system for a little over a month. (I don't have any before photos - camera kaput - but hope to replace it soon.)

My lips are "pinker". As I said above, my lips were the same colour as my face and I felt naked without using lipstick. So when I first started using the system the coloured NG were barely noticeable and I still felt naked but with a shine! I really just noticed in the last few days how when I apply the NG now I look like I am wearing a gloss lipstick. After reading the L2K site I was more conscious of the natural colour of my lips. I noticed that my ten year old daughter has very pink lips and I realised how different mine were.

My lips are softer and "poochy". I can't stop touching my lips. The top one, in particular, is really sort of flaring out and is puffy - in a good way. The top line seems very defined if that makes sense.

The vertical lines are smoothing out. I must admit I didn't expect improvement as my lines were very deep. I think I now get the idea of the "purse string effect". I think it works a bit like botox. From what I understand Botox doesn't get rid of the lines it just relaxes the muscle so the lines are relaxed. I think that as my lips are softening and the top line is sort of expanding, the vertical lines are being stretched sideways and are not so noticeable.

Anyway, I am very happy with my results so far and plan to continue.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds like great results already, robinson. It is great to find a product that truly delivers, they seem so few and far between! I wish you continued luck with the L2K system. I hope you will be able to post some progress pics at some point! Very Happy
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
That's great news robinson! And you are soooo lucky to have started with naturally full lips. I am so jealous because that is the main reason I am using L2K. I hope you get your camera fixed soon because it is really nice to have pictures so that you can really see the continuous improvements. And of course we would all love to see them. Smile
robinson

Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome. Diana - my lips used to be naturally full. They certainly shrunk with age - if only the rest of me had! That is what I am finding interesting about the L2K system. I want my lips back - all the time - not just when I am wearing lip plumping lipstick. Actually, I haven't had much success with any lip plumpers before. Always hopeful, they just never delivered for me.

Because I don't wear any other makeup it is important to me that my lips look good. When I was young (teenager, twenties) my "look" was Aussie surfer girl - very long beach blonde hair, tanned skin and red lipstick. Now I am paying for the tan and the thirty years of cheap lipsticks.

I am loving that my lips now feel soft when I wake up not dry and chapped. Don't get me wrong I still have a way to go. My lips still get dry and sometimes peel a little but overall they just feel so much better.

I tried one of my old lipsticks on the other day and I just had to take it off. My lips felt suffocated and very coated. It was such a strange feeling. I just love the feel of the glazes and the SM lip gloss.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hollywood thanks for updating us. You have to be using the system longer than anyone here so its good to know you're still a believer Very Happy. Totally agree, Kandis' CS is outstanding - she really takes an interest in her customers' progress and is always quick to respond to any questions.

Robinson, happy to read that you've been noticing improvements too. If you can, get a camera from somewhere and start recording your progress - I'm so glad I started taking pics at the beginning as they're the only way to measure results.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted much, but I wanted to post an update. I am over 40 and have been using the Lips2Kiss system since February. I have just recently had another upper lip explosion. The bow of my upper lip is so much more pronounced and looks almost childlike now! WOW I am so thrilled at my progress! I see the lines on and above my lips are lessening even more at the six-month mark, and can't wait to make them history! Also, I wanted to add that I have to say, I am so happy not wearing regular lipstick or gloss anymore!! I really love the new colored glazes. They look beautiful on my lips. I really no longer miss the old wax versions (can't believe I am actually saying this!!) I also can't wait to get some of the gloss for color and start wearing the new lipcolor system with the hyralonic acid.

Good luck everyone in "lip bootcamp" --it's so worth it! Laughing Aprile
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile, sounds like I still have more improvements to look forward to Very Happy. It's good to hear from others that have been using L2K for a longer time and that your lips keep getting better and better as time progresses.
Ever since I started, I've not used any other lipsticks/glosses, other than L2K and quite honestly, I can't see me ever going back to them! The glosses and coloured NG are all I need.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
What is the lip gloss system with hyaluronic acid????
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
What is the lip gloss system with hyaluronic acid????

It is the Lipcolor System, not lip gloss system. http://www.lips2kiss.com/L2K/lips2kiss/penetrable_01.htm
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. Any favorite colors in this?

I have been using the L2K for about two weeks now and it seems like something might be working. I've been very dedicated because of all the success stories I've read here on EDS forum.
I teach at a college and often have a long lab or class - I'm always whipping out my Lip stuff. I'm sure my students think I'm obsessive. Once I started though I've decided to maintain the commitment.

It's nice to hear about others continued good results
aquarius86
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I just thought I would throw my 2 cents in here. I started the L2K system on June 13th, and since then I have gotten rid of every single tube of lipstick and chap stick that I own. I will never ever go back to dept store brands. I just love this stuff. I have seen a little improvement since I've been on it, but I think it will take much more, but it's worth it.

I have pics but still been unable to get them on here. I will press on and keep trying.

have a nice holiday weekend everyone
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Aquarius Or others: Are there any? lipsticks you will use or recommend using over others? I'm dying to try the Julie Hewett Film Noir for special occasions but I really am committed to the results of L2K for now?
Wondering what others are doing about the "other" lipstick dilemma?
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone take photos of their before and after? Isaw bbk's and they look lovely but she had nice full lips to start with!! (lucky girl)...

The ones on the website sort of bug me because they get closer in each time which would make the lips look fuller. So I would be more impressed if the pics were all shot at the same distance. KWIM?

I just wondered if anyone here had done pics? or if there is a place that has pics that were all shot at the same distance...

(Lazy - did not want to sort through 67 pages of posts)

Deb
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
damblues wrote:
Did anyone take photos of their before and after? Isaw bbk's and they look lovely but she had nice full lips to start with!! (lucky girl)...

The ones on the website sort of bug me because they get closer in each time which would make the lips look fuller. So I would be more impressed if the pics were all shot at the same distance. KWIM?

I just wondered if anyone here had done pics? or if there is a place that has pics that were all shot at the same distance...

(Lazy - did not want to sort through 67 pages of posts)

Deb

anya, rileygirl and myself all posted photos on page 65.
aquarius86
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets
I have no regrets about not using dept store lipsticks. Since I've been on the L2K system I have found that I really don't miss them at all. I like L2K much better.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but the LE thread is now locked.

Has anyone had any problems with breakouts from the LE? I don't have have any lines above my lips but I bought this with my last order to use as an eye cream. I applied it in the evening around my eyes and also anywhere that lines could develop, such as between my eyebrows and laugh lines. I aimed the blow dryer at these areas also as I was doing my lips. The next morning one of my eyes was all swollen underneath and the other had a couple welts under it. The rest of the areas I applied the LE had those small type pimples that only last a day or two. I usually get those when I react to a product, but I am wondering if it's actually something in the product I'm reacting to, or is it the fact that I heated it up with the blow dryer for 2 mins? I'm sure I read that others did this to help the LE absorb better into the skin. Has anyone else had this reaction?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Diana P,
I used to break out from LE like crazy - both above the lip and around the eyes. I never before had pimples on my eyelids Shock. I have to say however, that this was more the case with the sample LE I got with my first order than what I experience now with the full size LE. I still get occasional small pimple where I apply LE, but not as bad as before. I don't know if the full-size LE is somewhat changed/improved over the "old" version (have no idea if Kandis has changed anything), or if it's just that I don't use it as much. I alternate it with ULLE, so I don't apply it as often. Also, I sometimes apply it over ULLE, so that may make a difference as well.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but the LE thread is now locked.

Has anyone had any problems with breakouts from the LE? I don't have have any lines above my lips but I bought this with my last order to use as an eye cream. I applied it in the evening around my eyes and also anywhere that lines could develop, such as between my eyebrows and laugh lines. I aimed the blow dryer at these areas also as I was doing my lips. The next morning one of my eyes was all swollen underneath and the other had a couple welts under it. The rest of the areas I applied the LE had those small type pimples that only last a day or two. I usually get those when I react to a product, but I am wondering if it's actually something in the product I'm reacting to, or is it the fact that I heated it up with the blow dryer for 2 mins? I'm sure I read that others did this to help the LE absorb better into the skin. Has anyone else had this reaction?

Diana,
I've been using LE since last December with out problems spot treating above lips and between eyebrows. However, several weeks ago I decided to try using it all over my fache and now have a blemish, not a big deal but I've had like 4 my entire life so I do think using the LE more heavier thn I had is the cause.
Btw, just wanted to say how wonderful your lips all look. It's nice to see such wonderful results from a great product. There was such negativity when I first bought these products and it's nice to see kandis get her due.
Kimberly
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
[
anya, rileygirl and myself all posted photos on page 65.

Cool! Thanks much. Great looking lips!!

Deb
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks rubby and BluesHeart. Maybe I was applying the LE too heavily and that's what caused me to break out. For now I am putting it away until my face clears up then try again but only using a tiny bit and maybe skip the blow dry step. I really hope it's not one of the ingredients I'm reacting to because it would be a shame to have to use it up on my neck. Sad
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Diana,

I used to have breakouts from the LE/ULLE on my face. However, now that I am applying it more sparingly, that hasn't happened. Also, per Kandis you can use the lip cream on the face to absorb some of the extra greasiness from the LE and that should do the trick. It would be a shame to be not able to use either of these products on your face, as they work to eliminate any fine lines you might have! I have had great success with using both of these on my skin, not to mention above my lipline! I love, love this system and my lips now! My skin is also much firmer and younger looking as well. I can't wait for another 6-months to pass. Who would have thought any of us women would ever say that! Very Happy Aprile
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hi Diana,

I used to have breakouts from the LE/ULLE on my face. However, now that I am applying it more sparingly, that hasn't happened. Also, per Kandis you can use the lip cream on the face to absorb some of the extra greasiness from the LE and that should do the trick. It would be a shame to be not able to use either of these products on your face, as they work to eliminate any fine lines you might have! I have had great success with using both of these on my skin, not to mention above my lipline! I love, love this system and my lips now! My skin is also much firmer and younger looking as well. I can't wait for another 6-months to pass. Who would have thought any of us women would ever say that! Very Happy Aprile

Do you apply the LC then the LE? And on all areas of your face?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
HiDiana,

No I apply the LE first, then apply the lip cream to absorb the excess. This should do the trick. If not, contact Kandis and she may have some other tricks up her sleeve. You must know by now, she is A-1 in customer service!!! Very Happy Take care, Aprile
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
For you gals that like a bit more color and are tempted to use other products over their L2K system, you might want to try Kandis' more intensely pigmented color glazes! Because this pale gal needs a little more color, I used to use all of Kandis' system, the Sexy Mama gloss and then Nars lip gloss on top. But, now the pigmented glazes have removed the need for me to do that!! I especially love putting the golden glaze over the dark berry glaze. Also..you can hit me if you already do this..but I started to make sure that the LC, LG and the NG were getting into the corners of my lips as well..(you know the part at the crease that's easy to miss when you apply lipstick) and now I'm getting really neat results. Especially in the morning (like some of you have mentioned!)..I have some lovely pillow lips!! I am also loving the berry lip color stain as well. It's a YLBB color and also looks great layered with the glazes. Maybe it's me, but because I'm playing with the colors so much, it's become very easy for me to remember to apply the glaze more often. So, I'm a happy little camper!
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I love Kandis and her products!!
Can not say enough good things about either...
especially the new 'colored' glazes: wow!

Though I have not been so diligent during these summer months.... my lips are still feeling moist and full. Cannot imagine how great they would look if I had been more diligent for all of these months Rolling Eyes

I have however, long ago thrown away all other lip products.... Smile and will never go back to the ordinary Bad Grin after having tried the extraordinary Laughing

Mariah
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |