Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing the system for 5-6 weeks now and have some days of peeling but nothing as bad as the first couple weeks and even then that wasn't really bad. I was exfoliating every week or so but had a lot of dryness (but not really peeling) so Kandis said to cut down the exfoliation to every 14 days or so. She also said to cut back on using NC and instead use more LG.

I mainly am using the system to wean myself off of chapstick which I've used several times a day for many years. My lips had become dependent on it and were looking a little wrinkly. I have noticed an increase in the smoothness and plumpness of my lips, especially in the last couple of weeks. And even when my lips feel dry from going too long without applying either LG or NG they never feel as dry as they used to when I would go somewhere without my chapstick. I know I'm still in the early stages of the system but I am pleased so far.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
catski wrote:
I'd be intrigued to know if those of us that havent had fast results with this system also didnt get results with LipFusionX and HA tablets.

For me, I've had great results with all three products. (Though L2K is by far my favourite and in a different league.)

Just wondering about responsiveness levels of lip tissue, really. Wink

I am wondering about this too.

Hi Ziggy! Thought I'd share with you about this: I asked Kandis if her experience suggested that different lips had very variable abilities to change and regenerate.
And Kandis answered that that everyone who sends her their before photo & who communicates with her when she asks them how they are doing, 99% of the time always experience success...and the 1% who get discouraged have tended to have been heavy chapstick users.

So that's encouraging, isnt it! Kandis works with you sort of as your "lip coach", and that really helps, kind of like having a personal trainer helps with fitness goals. Very Happy

KTKat, hi.. if you look back a few posts to the thanked one by Hollywood - you'll find out about maintenance mode there.
My lips peel a little about once a week, but I keep plenty of product on them at all times, so they feel very well hydrated even whilst I can feel they are peeling under the product, and so it doesnt actually notice or bother me at all.

Thanks for sharing Very Happy

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
I started peeling again as well. I'm attributing it to the weather turning cold again.

Blue, how long have you been on the system?

Sorry Liz, just now saw this. It was a year a week ago.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
i'm still peeling and i havent noticed the change in lip colour yet. I have to admit ... i almost gave up on it the other day. I am seriously over the dry dry peelie lips. No, i dont exfoliate too often, yes, i apply the products all the time (Kandis suggested laying off the LC for a while too). I used lip balm in the past but mainly it was lip gloss.
I stare at all my lipsticks and it makes me sad. I dont know - i'll give it till end of Jan (or maybe just the new year) and if the peeling hasnt stopped i'm not 100% sure i will stay on the system.

On the other hand i have spent a LOT of money on this system so wouldnt 'giving up' at this stage be dumb? I dont know what to do.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Kandis is helping me through this - i'm not going to give up. I guess my lip balm * spam alert * was worse than i ever thought. Withougt Kandis's support i think i wouldnt be where i am! Phew ..

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
I pick mine up from the post office tomorrow! I hope I don't end up looking like I have foot and mouth disease! Bad Grin
leungmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I love it .. it is worth to try
mjlover
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I pick mine up from the post office tomorrow! I hope I don't end up looking like I have foot and mouth disease! Bad Grin

No - you wont!! You might just be peely for a while. Apparently i am a bit of a peel freak - noone else is as bad Sad but i have faith it will get better

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
mjlover wrote:
bugaboo wrote:

No - you wont!! You might just be peely for a while. Apparently i am a bit of a peel freak - noone else is as bad Sad but i have faith it will get better

Don't worry mjlover, I've been peeling like crazy too, and I've been using this system for 6 whole months already!!! I'm definitely jealous of the other ladies who aren't having to go through this. Luckily Kandis just released her new "Time 2 Heal" formula, so I'm going to try that and see if it helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Just hang in there ladies. The peeling will eventually stop. I went through several horrific peeling (and lip cracking Shock ) phases, but in the end, it was all good.
I think the key is to talk to Kandis constantly and have her adjust your routine to your particular needs. In my case, this moment cutting exfoliation to only once every week to two weeks. I know, some ladies had to cut or double up on some other components of the system. And those little adjustments make a lot of difference in the end. Just talk to Kandis and you'll be OK.
Good luck and happy new year.
R.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All

I'm going to order some colored NG and/or Lip Gloss and would like to hear opinions on the colors. In the past I have tried the Penetrable LC in 2 shades (Monterey Mauve and ??) neither of which suited me at all. So I want to avoid costly mistakes again. also I tried Drama Queen and Sexy Mama in lip gloss, SM was way to pale. When I wore lipsticks I usually wore deepish pinks. Browns and peaches don't suit me, nor mauve's. I have a fair complexion, brown eyes and dark blond hair. Any ideas?

TIA
Ricky
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just emailed Kandis about this a week or so ago. I seem to like the same shades as you so I wanted to know if she would be adding any glosses in that range soon. She told me would. I do like Sexy Mama but I'd like something a little deeper also. I did try her new shades of the Penetrable lip colors, I ordered the bronze red with a glaze and it's a pretty color but I seem to prefer the lip glosses. I also have the Mocha Raspberry in a CNG and it's still quite sheer but pretty.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I just emailed Kandis about this a week or so ago. I seem to like the same shades as you so I wanted to know if she would be adding any glosses in that range soon. She told me would. I do like Sexy Mama but I'd like something a little deeper also. I did try her new shades of the Penetrable lip colors, I ordered the bronze red with a glaze and it's a pretty color but I seem to prefer the lip glosses. I also have the Mocha Raspberry in a CNG and it's still quite sheer but pretty.

Oops! I meant to say it was Drama Queen that was too pale, I liked Sexy Mama too, but it was very sheer. Sometimes when I am all dressed up I feel I need more oomph on my lips, but since starting L2K I just hate the feel of regular lipstick.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering about adding a little bit of mineral pigment into the glaze, to vary the colour on occasion. Or put some on my lips, then the glaze on top.

I have lots of beautiful mineral blushes and shimmers which look gorgeous on lips, but I dont know if that would inhibit absorption much, or be drying..

Maybe I'll experiment.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just wanted to chime in with my results. I have been using L2K for about 5 weeks now. My main problem with my lips is the color - my top lip especially, I would say the top half of it is a very dark brown, almost black. This is nothing new, I've had this for as long as I can remember, at least for the last 15 years. So I have had to resort to using highly pigmented lispsticks especially those long-lasting ones. I don't wear lipgloss because they're too sheer and no chapstick either. So of course my lips also get very dry and peeling most of the time. I'm also guilty of forgetting to drink enough water most of the time, which only makes things worse.

So after reading all the raves and being so sick of my lips, I decided to try L2K. Here are my photos - the first was taken 2 days after starting, and the second after a month. My lips were totally bare in the photos.

I'm afraid the angle is different, but that is totally my fault. The first photo was taken as a full face photo by my 11-year old daughter and the second was taken at closer range by my husband, and then cropped.
They haven't been enhanced or modified in any way.
Well I 'm glad I took before photos, as I never realized that my top lip was so thin! It really plumped up in the after photo which I am thrilled about! The darkened areas on the top lip are still there, but a month is really too short a period for me to expect too much as I had them for absolutely ages before deciding to do anything. Also on the bottom lip, I definitely see more color and my bottom lip has definitely plumped up as well, in the mornings they're lovely and sexy!!!

In the after photo, you can see that my lips are quite dry and peeling. At the time I was doing the whole routine twice a day, and using NG or Lip gloss during the day (not as often as I should, sometimes not even every hour, though I try). After seeing the photos Kandis suggested that I use LG + NG during the day rather than just NG or lipgloss. Well that has made a world of difference, my lips are now well-hydrated and soft. Occassionally still peeling but only slightly and gone within a day.

The changes I've noticed over time are that products absorb so much faster and there's a slight tingle when I blow dry now and I can almost feel the plumping effect, which I did not feel for the first few weeks.

I will definitely keep on with the system at least for another 3 months and see if it can completely do away with my dreaded discolorations. The problem is, even if it doesn't I probably will still use the products, because they feel so good on the lips, not waxy at all, just hydrating. I use Sexy Mama and love the color, but will order a CNG with my next order just for a change.

I will update at the 2 month-mark, wish me luck! Very Happy
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
oh and i also wanted to add that my husband commented a couple of days ago that my lips now are softer and more moist, definitely not as dry as before. he hardly ever notices anything beauty-related so this is a big thing for me! Laughing
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Catski, I would be very interested in knowing how your experiments with adding color/pigment turn out. I need color!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
cahoot, your lips look great! I can't believe how much plumpness you have in only 5 weeks.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, Diana P! i give up pretty easily (yeah i'm a bit of a wet blanket! Laughing ) so this is really helping me stay the course!! I have seen your photos as well... you have such lovely lips!! your photos and the photos from the other lovely ladies on this forum are what spurred me to try L2K ... and I 'm so glad I did!
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Cahoot

You are showing great results! Your top lip certainly has plumped up. Don't you just love it when something works so well?

Ricky
rosario
5% products discount

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone please post pictures with the colored lip glazes. I have the peach, but it is too light for my color so it barely shows. Would love to see someone wearing sexy mama or that dark lavender shade she has. It's difficult to really know what the colors will look like on just from looking at the website and I would love to order a colored glaze for nighttime.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
cahoot, your lips are looking great. I think you will be very pleased with your results!
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
thank you ricky and rileygirl! Smile i'm trying to be better with applying more frequently..as it is i think i'm definitely not applying enough because after almost 6 weeks i still have about a quarter of my NG left. granted, i do use the sexy mama gloss some of the time, but only when i'm out and about.

just placed my second order with kandis, i also purchased the new cherry chocolate CNG. the name sounds so delicious I just couldn't resist! Laughing
rosario
5% products discount

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me how they are uploading their pics here? I would love to put mine up but can't figure out how.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to know the answer to that, too. Thank you for asking.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |