Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
yea! post pictures! Very Happy
momof2gr8kids

Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I got my L2K system on Friday!

Started yesterday with the routine and noticed last night before the nighttime routine already there was a little peeling of my lips. My biggest challenge will be leaving my other glosses alone....I am a lg addict!

Kandice sent along with the kit a tube of "Time to Heal" that I am to start using on day 8. Also, besides the ULLE, she included samples of her LE and face cream.

I'll definitely post pics when I have comparisons for you to see. I plan on taking weekly pics for myself besides the monthly ones I do for Kandice.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Welcome momof2gr8kids, and good luck with the L2K system. Kandis has some great products and I am sure you'll find stuff that works for you and that you like.

As for the T2H, I've been using my colored T2H for few weeks now and I must say I absolutely LOVE #12- Brown with light lavender and pink undertones . I thought that one would be too dark for me (I usually wear peachy colours, when I have colour on my lips), but this one is absolutely gorgeous! It's a fleshy brownish plum colour that looks amazing as it actually looks very, very natural. When I apply it on top of my regular system - LC-LG-NG, it is just amazing!

The other two colours I haven't worn as much. One of them turned out to be a bit to pinkish for me (i think), and the other one I just didn't wear as much because I'm mostly using the #12. Once I give that one a better test - I'll let you know how I like it!

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! I tried to make it all the way through this thread, but I thought I'd post my 2 cents worth while I'm still young enough to type!! Very Happy

I'm a senior gal who takes excellent care of herself; I drink lots of water, eat organic, whole foods, and exercise at the fitness center 1-2 hours a day, wear a size 4 jeans and look pretty darned cute. This forum has cost me a mint because y'all are so knowledgeable and excited about skin care. My latest skin care acquisition, a month ago, was to begin using the L2K system, and here's my personal experience:

Kandis is an angel. I haven't done business with anyone else online (and I've bought a lot of stuff online!) who's as genuinely interested in my well being as she is. I used to counsel for a living, and I know people; she's the real deal.

Her L2K system is unique. It requires that I put in a bit of time and effort in order to get the results I want. I'm more than willing to do that. My lips were never big, and since my hysterectomy some 10 years ago, they've gotten paler and thinner and have lines above and below.

I sent her my 1 month journal photo today. (I may post them here when I've passed the 3 month mark.) Unless you rigged up a box or something to take your lip photos in, there would always be a tiny bit of difference in perspective, distance, tilt, lighting, etc., but when I put my 2 photos together, the difference is clear. I wiped my lips dry before taking the photo, but they seem moist and pinker. They're definitely wider, especially the lower lip, and the lines above and below are softening. My lips have peeled since Day 1, and they're still not quite finished but are steadily getting better. I must have had a lot of damage. I didn't wear lipstick constantly, but I did wear a lot of lip balm.

Ok, so what if I stopped right now? Yes, they'd probably go back to how they looked last month in short order. But that's how it is with most skin care products I've used. My fitness center pal is very interested in my progress because she's thinking about starting the L2K system, and she has mentioned that it looks like I'm wearing lipstick (I wasn't) and that my lips are fuller. It has become second nature to reach for my tubes every 20-30 minutes. I didn't know my lips felt thirsty before I began using the system, and now it just feels right to have them moist and soft.

My only regret about L2K is that I didn't start using it last year when I first heard about it.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Excellent post, catballou. I hope you post your pics here! Now, tell me your secret for being a size 4? Laughing
lovemore
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry if i sound like a basher,
but is all this really necessary for nice lips?

Wouldn't you get the same results with just plain exfoliation with a toothbrush and some warm water, then a lot of vaseline on at night?

it always worked for me! Wink

also facial exercises are known to help with the blood circulation in lips and it makes your lips pinker and plumper
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
lovemore, I don't think vaseline plumps your lips? This is a good system. If you put the time in, you will get results. Like anything else, once you stop, whatever you are using, you will start to revert back.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
L2K is a nice system. It does work if you put the time in.

I used it for about four months and my lips got plumper and had nice color - but they also were continually peeling.

I'd like to get back into it but with less of a vengeance. And try the newer products - any suggestions out there???? Very Happy
I like the sound of the color as told by Rubby!

Sis.
lovemore
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
lovemore, I don't think vaseline plumps your lips? This is a good system. If you put the time in, you will get results. Like anything else, once you stop, whatever you are using, you will start to revert back.

No it doesn't plump your lips, I was just using that as a silly example to demonstrate how easy it is to get those 'seksy' (< Don't know why they won't allow the real spelling of the word here) lips.

Normally my lips seem dark, sunk in and wrinkled, but I noticed when I made changes in my diet, exercise etc my lips became like those in the after pictures.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
anyone been using the ULLE? Kandis just sent an email regarding an ULLE special.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Thank is great that diet alone help your skin, lovemore. Stick with a good diet. You are very young (20, right?), so your skin bounces back quickly. Keep your routine simple. You don't need much at your age. Very Happy
lovemore
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:35 am      Reply with quote
hey riley!

you are right.. thanks for kindly reminding me that it's different for everyone too, I really have a one way view sometimes.

its cool how people remember my age too! i feel so important here Wink
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:01 am      Reply with quote
We remember your age, love, because we are jealous you are young, and we aren't anymore!! Laughing
PinkLyfe
5% products discount

Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:54 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
We remember your age, love, because we are jealous you are young, and we aren't anymore!! Laughing

LOL@ rileygirl. so true..so true
but in my own little mind. i still am! Laughing
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I tried several things to "fix" my lips and nothing worked until I tried L2K. I didn't get the huge plump effect like some other ladies have, but my lips look so much better that I've been committed to this line for the last 20 months. I can't see stopping using L2K anytime soon.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Same here. L2K is the first product/system I tried when I started lurking here on this forum almost a year ago. This past winter (I live in Chicago) was the first year I can ever remember not having cracked, bleeding lips, because I was using Kandis' system. I started last September. I had no illusions about acquiring JLo lips or anything; in fact, I think I'd look ridiculous with really plump lips. I just hoped they'd be moisturized enough to not be dried out and cracked by Christmas (we all know how attractive lipstick is on bleeding lips) and maybe, just maybe, my lips would regain some of the pink color they used to have when I was a child, before lipstick or lip balms ever touched my lips.

Well, all of that happened with L2K. I stuck to the program faithfully for several months, never had really serious peeling except in two spots on my lower lips. I still do, occasionally. I graduated to Kandis' colored glazes, the semi-permanent colors with glaze, and the new colored T2H line, which I'm a huge fan of for everyday wear.

The visual change in my lips isn't nearly as dramatic as some of the photos posted here and on Kandis' site, but my lips have a lot more natural pigment and are poutier (especially my lower lip) than they were a year ago. I couldn't be happier with my results!

I really do think that the waxes in traditional lipsticks and lipcolors seriously dehydrated my lip tissues. I used them for over thirty years and some of the damage is still being undone. But I'll never go back to them again and have no desire to - I wouldn't be able to stand the feeling of them on my lips anymore.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Riley Smile
I didn't get a notification that others had posted after me. My secret? I work really hard at staying a size 4. I've been Lifetime Weight Watchers for 10 years, but I don't eat any of the packaged WW foods because they're full of white flour, sugar, etc. They have a diet that works; I just wish they'd take it a step further and make it completely health conscious. (sorry to rant, just one of my pet peeves)I also exercise 1-3 hours a day, doing water aerobics, walking, yoga, cardio/weight training, etc.

Someone asked about Kandis' Ulle cream, yes I've been using it from the beginning, and it's too soon to give results because I had developed some serious lines, but they are softening.

Responding to Lovemore, life happens, and we get ........mature. When I was 30, I was still having to show my ID. When I was 40, I was often mistaken for my son's date. I've taken care of myself, always, but as I said, the hysterectomy (which I fought tooth and nail) depleted my hormones, and seemingly overnight I was aging, so now I do whatever it takes to retain or regain a bit of that youth I once took for granted.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Catballou, that is a lot of working out! I was hoping you were going to give me a miracle product! Wink
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Riley, it just sort of happened. I joined the fitness center when it was built a mile from my house because I hoped my husband would come with me for the water aerobics; he has knee problems. Well, he won't go with me, but I've made some great friends there, and we show up 5 mornings a week and have so much fun.

Oh, and I also belong to a weekend hiking group Smile

Sassenach
5% products discount

Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
If you stop using the L2K products, your lips will revert to their original size. At least mine have.

On the positive side, they have remained much moister and full.

I used the products for about 2 months, and then missed using other colors than Kandis offered. The T2H isn't available in the sheer colors I like. I have been using only non-wax/organic/natural products and my lips feel and look good.

I had an ongoing problem with redness in the inner corners of my mouth, but that's gone away since I quit L2K. Apparently one of the ingredients was irritating my lips.
westofnantucket

Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Well, after reading much of this very long, but very positive thread, I ordered this system. I must say you are all amazing at sharing information. I am a newbie to this forum (found it maybe 3 weeks ago) and have been slowly reading my way through different topics. Everything that I have read about and bought because of the reviews has been so positive. In just this short period of time I have seen a huge improvement in my skin because of products recommended from a different thread. I should get my lip2kiss package tomorrow! I can't wait! And you're so right about Kandis---immediately after ordering I got an email with a thank you and then questions so that 'she could help me get the most out of it'. What a nice touch! I love Nanci from NCN (also found from this forum who provides ridiculoulsy thorough customer service) and now Kandis. But mostly, it's having everyone share their experiences for those of us just trying to find some new things.

So again, thank you everyone!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Phew, i've been working double time reading up on lip2kiss and kh thread Smile The fact that some users have remained faithful to L2K makes me want to try it. I have 2 questions

1) The system is expensive st $70 usd for 1 month's supply. I understand that this is for the initial stage. After our lips reaches our maximum personal fullness, how long does a set last for you girls?

2) I can't bear the thought of only using L2K products for the rest of life Razz For the girls that "cheat" occasionally, which brands are recommended?

thanks Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, make it 3 questions Smile

3) In the earlier posts, someone requested to see the ingredients list and was rejected. Later, she was shown a partial list. Are we certain that this product is safe to use in the long run? We are applying it to our mouths and will be ingesting it daily.

I have read other sites that insist the pics on Kandis website have been doctored. Thanks to everyone who posted their results on L2K. If not for EDS and this thread, I would never consider trying it out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Snowstar,

If you are concerned about ingredients, I am certain you can email Kandis and she will provide them for you. I once asked for the ingredient list and she sent them to me. I can vouch that they are all natural (no chemicals). However, that being said, everyone is different in their reaction to things....some might be allergic to milk even so .... But, from what I saw, there shouldn't be any harm using these products long term. I have had great success using L2K products. My lips are more pink, fuller, the border is much more defined and the lines above my lips are fading nicely. This all takes time if you've been a long-term (25+ years) lipstick or chapstick user like me, but it was certainly well worth the wait! Smile Aprile
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks aprile. I'm not an ingredient guru and was hoping for someone to just give me the a-ok!

Now that your lips have reached their peak condition, how long does 1 set last you? i understand everyone is different but just want a rough idea what the maintenance cost will be.
Very Happy

Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |