Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
heima
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I'm so tempted!I would also like to like silky slip of the lip. That's my aspiration to for a long time.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Keep us posted if you get the system, Fox, and how it works for you! (P.S. I'd love a baby q, just don't have the money for that at this time!) Very Happy

Will do, rileygirl! I won't buy it for a while yet because of the price but I'm thinking it could be my birthday/New Year present to myself Very Happy
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
That's awesome, cat. Keep us posted. I'm always intrigued to see how people are getting on.

catballou wrote:
Friday will mark the end of my third month using L2K. Here are my insights at this point:

I'm grateful that I found Kandis, thanks to this forum. My lips are (ever so slowly) "blooming". I've never been big lipped, and I hadn't noticed just how much they had receded over the years, but the photo journaling experience w/ Kandis has made me very aware, and I find myself studying other people's lips. I told Kandis she really could help Judge Judy's lips a lot! Smile

Here are some tips I've come up with that help me: Because 2 of the tubes are shaped identically, and I needed to look to see which was which, I wrapped a rubber band around the first one, and now I can apply my L2K in the right order while sitting in semi-dark at my PC or in a movie theater. Also, the Liquid Gold wand always seemed to wipe off the first lotion, even when I allowed it to set, so instead of wiping it onto my lips, I roll it hard against the tip of my ring finger, where it deposits a lot of LG, and then I tap it lightly onto my lips. This also helps me use all the LG in the tube. And thanks to Kandis' reviews of my first 2 journal photos, I saw that the outer line of my lips was irregular and realized that when I applied the L2K products, I usually didn't get it all the way to the edges, so I've been concentrating on applying it to the edges, too.

For the most part, the peeling stopped at the end of month 2, though occasionally I'll realize I need to exfoliate because they're feeling a bit papery. I still can't wear the lip colors for very long without becoming dry, but I think that's in my future. I love the way my lips feel, look forward to how they'll keep changing, and even if I knew this was as good as it would get, I would keep using L2K. In the beginning, DH & my mom thought I was OC, applying it so often, but I just told them it was my new lip balm, and they've gotten used to it. One of my workout friends, who doesn't have a computer (can you believe someone doesn't have a computer?) asked for Kandis' phone number yesterday and said she was convinced and ready to order some for herself.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,
I used L2K all last winter and was faithful!!!! oh my. I was blowdrying and applying constantly - I mean every half hour/hour applying just as it had to be done and I think it did work.

But then the terrible peeling started and did NOT STop. It went on for over a month - on and on. This was about three months into it.

Anyway.... To the present.... . I wnat to try a time to heal product T2H it's called...

Can any of you give me suggestions. Will it be worth my while to just use this and not get back into the whole thing. Honestly I have full lips and the peeling just undermined my sensuality quotient Ha ha... But I think the products work just maybe not for me as intensely as I was using them.

So,,, any suggestions from the smart L2k ladies are appreciated.

Thanks so much all.

Sis
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I used L2K all last winter and was faithful!!!! oh my. I was blowdrying and applying constantly - I mean every half hour/hour applying just as it had to be done and I think it did work.

But then the terrible peeling started and did NOT STop. It went on for over a month - on and on. This was about three months into it.

Anyway.... To the present.... . I wnat to try a time to heal product T2H it's called...

Can any of you give me suggestions. Will it be worth my while to just use this and not get back into the whole thing. Honestly I have full lips and the peeling just undermined my sensuality quotient Ha ha... But I think the products work just maybe not for me as intensely as I was using them.

So,,, any suggestions from the smart L2k ladies are appreciated.

Thanks so much all.

Sis

Sis - I'm new here but have been a long-time lurker. I started L2K last August (so I'm at about 2.5 months)and have used both the clear and colored T2H, as well as the full spa lip treatment. I haven't had any peeling yet, so I can't advise you on that, but I find the T2H very nice as a regular lip gloss. It's thicker than the night glaze so maybe has more staying power and still has the active ingredients, but I don't know if the percentage of actives is high enough to do what you want without use of the whole lip spa system. Asking Kandis is probably your best bet. Also based on a recommendation somewhere on this thread (I think), I purchased the Lumi Lips sampler from Lumiere Cosmetics. They're moisturizing and supposedly won't conflict with the L2K effects. I like them, but I've been using L2K almost exclusively. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Can any of you give me suggestions. Will it be worth my while to just use this and not get back into the whole thing. Honestly I have full lips and the peeling just undermined my sensuality quotient Ha ha... But I think the products work just maybe not for me as intensely as I was using them.Sis

Hi Sister Sweets,

If I were you, I'd definitely email Kandis and ask for her help. She is so caring and accomodating. You may have been using too much of one product (i.e. the exfoliator). Too much of that product could have caused the excessive peeling. I don't really see what the point would be to just use the TTH product by itself. You may also be rejuvenated already and could just use the products once or twice a week. Only Kandis can give you the appropriate recommendation though. Good luck! Aprile
Mabsy

Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I was doing a bathroom stocktake today and found the remainder of my L2K system. I think I sort of started using this as everything got hectic and I wasn't committed enough (unfortunately) to using it as intended. I have a bad cold at the moment and my lips have been incredibly flaky - I just used the exfoliator and all the flakes are gone. I applied the cream, LG and NG and my lips feel a bit tingly (probably from the exfoliation still) but smooth and comfortable. I'm going to do my best to use this system on a regular basis as intended (once I find the instruction sheet!!!) and I'll be sure to keep before/afters Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:22 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets, I had the very same problem as you.

I consulted with Kandis and you still have to use the whole system morning and night to get the full amount of each product. The T2heal contains everything that the lip cream - liquid gold - night glaze has but at a lesser degree. So the T2 heal would be used throughout the day and the entire system used morning and night.

However, you can still email Kandis. Perhaps I got it wrong but that's what I remember her saying.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets, are you just trying to keep your lips moisturized; is that the reason you want to try the time 2 heal? Just my opinion, but if you are only wanting the T2H product for moisturization, then I don't see why you couldn't use just that.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I tried the system and found it very effective, BUT pricewise, I find it is a bit too expensive for me to spend $79 + shipping = $92 every month on lips.

It will be then $1104 per year not counting US/CAD exchange rate Shock

Does anyone know any any cheaper alternatives to lips2 kiss system? Rolling Eyes
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Russiansunshine, when I was using the products faithfully every day, they lasted me about 3 months. I don't think it is necessary to use a lot of the product. That may help you make it more affordable for you?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, rileygirl, I agree that Lip Exfoliate and Night lip Cream may last longer than 1 month, but what about Gold Hydrator or Night Glaze.

It's been less than a month, but I'm almost out of the Night Glaze. Do you order it separately? And, do u use Night Glaze in a tube or in a pumped bottle?

Wink
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I use night glaze in a tube, once at night and once in the morning, along with the liquid gold and lip cream.

It last a lONG time!

I keep topped up in the daytime by using coloured NG, which also lasts a long time.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with catski, all of my products last a LONG time. You don't need a huge amount of the product.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds to me like I would be a perfect candidate for this system after trying to read the vast majority of this severely LONG thread!!!....self proclaimed chapstick addict here!! Confused That stuff is the curse of the century and really makes my lips feel like total BLAH, but I keep using it and feel like I HAVE to use it!! Even as I speak I feel my lips need a slathering....ugh! It would be nice not having to rely on it ever again....
So if I read parts of this thread right, it is us "Chapstick Slaves" that seem to get the worst side effects from this system and take the longest to reverse the effects of what we have done to our lips? ie: lots o' peeling?? I just want to know what I am up against when I do purchase this kit and don't want to get discouraged with the "peelies"....if I know that is what I am in for, "several stages of peeling"...then I know to expect it and will keep on truckin through it....
I do have to say, I am impressed with the results some of you have had with this. If I all I got was the ability to retain moisture, better color and a slight reduction in lines, I would be one happy camper even without any plumping!!!!! (Although a bit more volume wouldn't hurt!) Wink

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Sounds to me like I would be a perfect candidate for this system after trying to read the vast majority of this severely LONG thread!!!....self proclaimed chapstick addict here!! Confused That stuff is the curse of the century and really makes my lips feel like total BLAH, but I keep using it and feel like I HAVE to use it!! Even as I speak I feel my lips need a slathering....ugh! It would be nice not having to rely on it ever again....
So if I read parts of this thread right, it is us "Chapstick Slaves" that seem to get the worst side effects from this system and take the longest to reverse the effects of what we have done to our lips? ie: lots o' peeling?? I just want to know what I am up against when I do purchase this kit and don't want to get discouraged with the "peelies"....if I know that is what I am in for, "several stages of peeling"...then I know to expect it and will keep on truckin through it....
I do have to say, I am impressed with the results some of you have had with this. If I all I got was the ability to retain moisture, better color and a slight reduction in lines, I would be one happy camper even without any plumping!!!!! (Although a bit more volume wouldn't hurt!) Wink

Bren21, contact Kandis. She is a real sweety and will help you through the entire process. She really works "one on one" with you and is there for you when you need her. She can provide you with the detailed information you are looking for! (Sorry, I didn't have much peeling so I can't personally help you with that!)
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Hey Riley....thought of that after posting this last night and I was sure I had seen an email for Kandis somewhere in this thread....sooo, skimmed through and found it. Emailed her last night and she got back to me within an hour or 2. What a wonderful, sweet lady...very sympathetic with my plight. She said she would help me through the system with my "Chapstick addicted" lips. Very encouraging and will be ordering the kit in the next few weeks....can't wait and hope to be Chap free soon. I know I sound a bit ridiculous with my all my Chapstick talk, but it really is a serious problem with me (I go through a tube every week or 2).. I have been using this stuff since I was a kid and before reading this thread on EDS, I just thought my lips were this way because I am a dry skin sufferer. But suffocating them with a product like the Chap all these years would make perfect sense as to why my lips feel dry yet sticky at the same time and my coloring is blah...will definitely keep all updated with photos of my lip journey once I start.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:58 am      Reply with quote
That is great news, bren21! I can't wait to watch your journey! Be faithful and do what Kandis tells you and you will be very pleased with your results!
atalbest
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Oh My God bren21, so many years of such terrible overuse... I think you are about to go through a terrible experience before starting to heal...

At least that was my case, I was suffering terribly in the beginning, where I would smile and my lower lip would crack open and bleed.But after consistent use, and phases of extreme peeling my lips would get better and better until I reached the point where they have not bled for months...

It is worth remembering that, beacuse I am sure you will go through phases you 'll want to quit but dont, you are going to be happy you didnt.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah Atalbest...I have to agree, so MANY years of terrible abuse! I had no idea that's what I was doing to my lips until I read this thread..I only occasionally wear lipstick or some sort of color, but 97% of the time I have relied on Chapstick...but if I know what I am in for ahead of time with the system I will keep using it and wont allow the peeling to discourage me...Hopefully I wont get the bleeding part...so did you use Chapstick a lot as well?

allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
wow...I think I am sold on this lip system. I do have a question and I am not sure if it has been asked (if it has please point me to it). Has anyone tried the Line Eliminator? If so any results? I am interested in the "new client special" but was wondering how the other products in the line compared to the lip system?TIA
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I know that the line eliminator has been discussed somewhere in this huge thread, allyssa! I could not tell you where, though. I never faithfully used the LE, as I could not get used to the stickiness of it.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I know that the line eliminator has been discussed somewhere in this huge thread, allyssa! I could not tell you where, though. I never faithfully used the LE, as I could not get used to the stickiness of it.

thank you for your reply...the girls are sleeping so I am on a mission to finish reading this thread. I did come across a few posts regarding the line eliminator...thanks again!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Allysa....from what I have read thus far people have been having good results with the Face 2 Flaunt (the LE and ULLE) products used in conjunction with the Lips 2 Kiss system. Of course with everything there are people that will respond well and those that don't...
I myself don't have dramatic lip lines...I have the start of them above my lips (smoker that has decided to quit once I start this program!!) but I do not have any below. My upper lines aren't so bad, but I am going in to this system full force and will purchase the Line Eliminators as well, I hope to counteract what lines I have started from going any further and hopefully, seeing they are fairly shallow at this point, reduce them down to nothing. Right now, I am using the Estee Lauder Correcting Concentrate for lips lines...works very well at disguising them and mine are nearly invisible with it, but its not a long term fix, it's just a temporary one. I want something more permanent, which is why I am willing to take a chance with the Face2Flaunt in conjunction with the Lips2Kiss system. I have been trying to quit smoking for the last few months off and on....it has been extremely difficult to say the least but I am determined. For the last few months, I have been on this campaign to save my face...while I have seen dramatic positive improvements in my skin, I realize that I wont reap the full benefits of what my skin can look like unless I give up the dreaded ciggies! Sooo, my birthday is just around the corner (the 21st) and I will be 38...my presents to myself: The Anti Aging LightStim, the Lips2Kiss system AND giving up those face killing cigarettes for good Very Happy !!! I will be sure to post before and afters as well...already worked on the befores! ha ha....That is one thing I wish I saw more of in regards to the L2K system, more B and A's from our forum members...I didn't see too many, but I have no problem putting my lips out there for all our forum members to scrutinize as the best proof is unbiased photo evidence from our peers.....hopefully there will be some improvements!!

atalbest
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Well if you are wondering if I wore Chapstick the brand, well not so much, the only Chapstick I liked was the mint one.

But I wore a lot of Blistex Daily Conditioner, i LOVED that... and Labello and Carmex and Nivea and Johnsons and Garnier and Clarins and Vichy and other Blistex and whatever brand I could find... I would always apply during the day and always go to bed with a thick layer of any of them...

And then one day, I went cold turkey. Literally, I just suddenly stopped and never used since. And gave to others my stock of balms. That was about two years ago. My lips started feeling very dry, I didn't do anything and then after some months I ordered some products from L2K and my lips got even worse, or rather seemed worse because of the peeling.

I remember a friend commented on how bad my lips looked and offered some Blistex, I said 'no thanx' but secretely I wanted to say 'God NO, are u kidding??' haha!

Anyways, then I applied and applied and applied religiously until one day I noticed when the product wore off, I would not get that feeling of lip balm wearing off where u need to apply more. My lips would feel ok! So I kept using the products and now I apply way less times but the results are still holding!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |