Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
patrod wrote:
Ok everybody. This is how I am going to evalutate how well this product works. These are my before pics. Notice the beginning of lines obove my lip.

Pat, your lips look so nice and full! I can see some minor lines above you lip, but you really don't need any plumping. I understand that you may want some Wink, but your lips are just lovely as they are.
I am really curious to see how will Line Eliminator work for you. Keep us posted.
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Oh thats too funny. No wonder I couldn't find much on it! Does it work like a retinoid?
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Me too, I can't wait. I was just kind of worried about sun sensitvity. Getting too much sun could easily undo the positive results.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
No it is not exactly like retinoid in the way it functions, but has some simular effects, with less irritation.

Here is a comparission of Retinol and one of the Palmitoyl pentapeptidse (this is Matrixyl - Matrixyl 3000 is more potent)

It compares the Palmitoyl pentapeptide Matrixyl to retinol, when applied to "crows feet" on the face. Results actually were surprisingly good, when applied once daily or twice daily.

Improvement in wrinkle depth, length, volume, roughness was noted,. And skin thickness actually improved more, and faster then with Retinol alone.

Overall, the results suggest that palmitoyl pentapeptide maybe as effective as retinol at regenerating the skin but without the irritation that often occurs secondary to retinoid use, Dr. Lintner said.

It also triggered growth in elastin and collagen IV

This was used once or twice daily at 5 ppm and 3ppm.

http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/2177e6.htm

This is from the lab that created Matrixyl.

This link has some laymens type general info also.
http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/pentapeptide.html
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Tangal. I've been looking for this for weeks. But in all the wrong places. Laughing
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Kandis, thank you for responding to my question about the peeling.

Status report: I am starting week two and I have to admit that I have not been 100% diligent because I do not blow-dry my lips every night. (I don't want to be teased by my husband...)

Anyway, my lips are not peeling at the moment, the lines/grooves inside my lips are more plumped out, and dare I say it...my bottom lip seems a tad bit fuller! Shock I do use the Quasar on my lips once a week and last night is when I used it last. I will pay attention to whether this newfound fullness stays around, after the Quasar effect fades a bit. I'd say it's a nice combination, the L2K and the Quasar. Smile
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Patrod, I just added a second link to the above post also which may help. But once you change your search terms you will find tons of info on it. Good Luck.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Just adding, Kandis just emailed me that she will provide an ingrediant listing for me later this week. So that will ease my mind. Wink

And I think she said she is coming out with an infomercial soon?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I do my blowdrying in late afternoon before husband comes home. Wink
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
I do use the Quasar on my lips once a week and last night is when I used it last. I will pay attention to whether this newfound fullness stays around, after the Quasar effect fade a bit. I'd say it's a nice combination, the L2K and the Quasar. Smile

Poco;
Do you still use BQ or have you upgraded to QSP? I've ordered my L2K system (and am patiently waiting Rolling Eyes) and will be ordering BQ soon (no $$$ for QSP Sad). It'd be great to know that BQ and L2K work nicely together Wink.

Everyone else using the system;
I haven't received my L2K yet, but I tried the blow-drying thingy last night - just to see how that works and feels Embarassed. I have to say that I felt a lot of burning on my lips and my face and had to keep my blow-dryer very far from my face. This caused the hot air to get all over my face, not just my lips. And that didn't really feel comfortable + I'm not sure how good it is to blow-dry your face with hot air for 90 sec Confused .
How are all of you doing your blow-drying thing? Any comments/suggestions would be great!

Thanks! R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
my Blowdryer has a warm setting and a low setting which is what I use. Not hot or high. I also move it durning use. so it does not get overwarm in one spot.

I also usually have treatment other products on my skin when I blow dry or apply shortly therafter, so dehidration is not a concern.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Everyone else using the system;
I haven't received my L2K yet, but I tried the blow-drying thingy last night - just to see how that works and feels Embarassed. I have to say that I felt a lot of burning on my lips and my face and had to keep my blow-dryer very far from my face. This caused the hot air to get all over my face, not just my lips. And that didn't really feel comfortable + I'm not sure how good it is to blow-dry your face with hot air for 90 sec Confused .
How are all of you doing your blow-drying thing? Any comments/suggestions would be great!

Rubby, I use a concentrator adapter that came w/my blow dryer to focus the air (make sense?) - it keeps it right on my lips, for the most part, and I've not had any problems w/dryness or otherwise from using it for this step.

I did this step every night while with my husband - he thought I was nuts but, hell, couldn't let that stop me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rubby,

When I blowdry my lips I press this button that changes the hot air to cool. I press and release, press and release, to try to keep the air warm but not hot. The instructions that you will receive with your L2K will tell you not to use hot air, only warm. I don't like getting hot air all over my face either.

And to reply to your other question, I did upgrade to the Quasar SP. Embarassed I think using the BQ on your lips will be just as good. Stronger isn't always better. Smile
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Rubby, I also use the adapter to narrow down the air flow. What really suprised me was how fast it made the liquid Gold sink in. If I didn't use the dryer it just sat on top of my lips.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Tangal, did you get an answer to your question about the different action between the LipCream and the Liquid Gold? Or are you going to figure that out from the ingredient list?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies! That's very helpful.
R. Smile
P.S. Poco, should I even say that I am very envious of your new toy Wink?

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Rubby,
I've not had a problem and I believe Kandis says on her site that it's not recommended to do without her products. I may be wrong. I sit at my vanity and rest the blowdryer on the desk, approximately 10" away and focus the air on my lips and mouth area. I also briefly hit the areas I've applied the Face2Flaunt. Oh, I also have my blowdryer set on low. No dryness to my face at all. Not one bit. I've found that I've come to enjoy the blowdrying, it's warm, feels good and relaxes me. *shrug*
kimberly
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
P.S. Poco, should I even say that I am very envious of your new toy ?

Well Rubby, a big advantage that you will have with the BQ is the lack of a $100 month charge on your credit card for the next 12 months! Laughing
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Rubby,
I've not had a problem and I believe Kandis says on her site that it's not recommended to do without her products.

Oh, I just wanted to try it. I won't be doing it again until I receive the system AND instructions (duh! Rolling Eyes ).
Thanks, R. Smile

Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
well sort of, but not really..... She directed me to this info. (this is all from the public info on her site, so I assume is okay to repost)

http://www.lips2kiss.com/L2K/lips2kiss/intensive_02.htm

Which gave some insite - but honestly, for me the actual ingrediant info will help me better in this aspect.

I will repost it here, as it may help others.(I will edit out some of the info for clarity)

Lip Cream

Deionized Water
Hyaluronic Acid.
Peptides,
Vitamins,
a Lipo-filler,
Natural Extracts...
Vitamin B5, for cell growth renewal
Vitamin E / Tocopheryl Acetate, for its healing, anti-oxidant and protecting abilities.
Vitamin C / Ascorbic Acid, to protect the lips’ capillaries and help build collagen.
Sodium PCA, naturally occurring in human skin for increased skin elasticity and softness.
Citric Acid, derived from citrus fruit, helping to maintain a proper ph balance.
Squalene, Plant source found in olives, has been known to be the closest comparable ingredient to human sebum, providing softness while replacing necessary oils.
Emollients, serving as anti-inflammatory agents

Liquid Gold

Botanical Lipid Complexes,
Oil Soluble Vitamin E
Oil Soluble Vitamin C
plant complexes - Anti-Wrinkle and Anti-Irritation.
lipid complexes similar to the lipids in our own skin

And she noted the cream had a "lipo filler" She also told me a bit more general info on ingrediants, that I can't find now. But it did not provide me with enough clarity I guess, since I have since forgotten it. LOL
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Umm - I have no idea if anyone considers my posts on this thread to be 'disrespectful' or attacking Kandis personally! Shock Sad Certainly didn't mean them to come across like that and if they did I can only apologise.

I thought I was asking perfectly valid questions about WHY the system works - I thought that was a discussion group was all about?

I am certainly not a 'self proclaimed intellectual' just a qualified Beauty Therapist who now no longers practices and does a 'Desk Job' but maintains an interest and an inbuilt curiosity about how a product might work.

I have never attacked Kandis personally or claimed that the system doesn't work - just wondered if you could get a similar effect with more basic products.

Anyway I'm not going to post on this thread anymore and will certainly be careful on what threads I post and will think carefully about whether to ask a question/comment in future. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Umm - I have no idea if anyone considers my posts on this thread to be 'disrespectful' or attacking Kandis personally! Shock Sad Certainly didn't mean them to come across like that and if they did I can only apologise.

I thought I was asking perfectly valid questions about WHY the system works - I thought that was a discussion group was all about?

I am certainly not a 'self proclaimed intellectual' just a qualified Beauty Therapist who now no longers practices and does a 'Desk Job' but maintains an interest and an inbuilt curiosity about how a product might work.

I have never attacked Kandis personally or that the system doesn't work - just wondered if you could get a simialr effect with more basic products.

Anyway I'm not going to post on this thread anymore and will certainly be careful on what threads I post and will think carefully about whether to ask a question/comment in future.

Lucia,

You said nothing wrong. You have the right to your opinion. I have always loved the fact that EDS members could alway agree to disagree with respect for ones views.

Winnie
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:

I have never attacked Kandis personally or claimed that the system doesn't work - just wondered if you could get a similar effect with more basic products.

Anyway I'm not going to post on this thread anymore and will certainly be careful on what threads I post and will think carefully about whether to ask a question/comment in future. Sad

Lucia,

The 'intellectual' comment was posted because of me. I find that entire post to be frustrating and completely against the spirit of this forum, and I apologize for somehow precipitating that animus...

Please don't stop posting here, you make a great contribution to the forum; I've noticed your posts.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I was trying to stop the hostility. Kinda like throwing a stick of dynamite in a fire. It worked for a short while, anyway. I apologize for any bad feelings I may have caused.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been following this thread with a certain amount of interest. Right now, all I do vis a vis my lips is to take an HA supplement as per carekate's ancient discovery. My lips are pretty full to start with, and with the supplements, I've been pretty pleased.

But, I'm also concerned about the overall condition of my lips, as all are. This is especially true in the winter. I'm a runner and even though I protect my lips, the winter weather is still hard on them. And, I wouldn't complain about a little more plumping either.

People here know I'm really NOT an ingredients freak, but I do look at the ingredients list of stuff I use. It isn't even that there are certain ingredients that scream NO to me - I just want to know.

I do NOT understand the reluctance to post a full ingredient list on the site. There is a very big difference between asking for the ingredients and a formula. Without the formula, nobody is going to easily duplicate your product. If they're sophisticated enough to replicate your formula just by knowing the ingredients, they're likely pros and in that case, unless your formula is patent protected, they'd probably happily bear the cost of sending it to a lab for analysis, if they don't have such a lab themselves.

Asking someone their ingredients doesn't imply a lack of trust and it certainly doesn't challenge their integrity or the integrity of their product.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |