Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:
avalange wrote:
I am sorry, I've never heard of anything so ridiculous than a product that needs to be reapplied every 20 minutes for the first two months! Maybe if I sprain my ankle, I'll apply an ice pack every hour...

I'm sorry, you can slap my hand and delete my post if you like. I totally deserve it. But this is reaching the heights of absurdity!

--avalange

It may seem absurd. THat's what I thought too after actually trying it. I have severely chronic chapped lips. It seems my lips take in the moisture quickly you need to rehydrate them. To be honest every 20 min is a bit of a strech. I may do it twice an hour or so or maybe even once an hour. It's lessened, the frequency at which I rehydrate the lips because the condition of my lips are changing.

While it may seem absurd, it's not uncommon for people to apply lip balm that often throughout the day. If I am able to apply it, I do, and have been doing so about every 20-30 minutes even before Blues Heart's post. Perhaps, that's why I'm experiencing such good results.

Another note to consider is that she didn't say it had to be done FOREVER; just until your lips get back into shape (2-3 months). I don't consider this a problem at all though, naturally, there are/will be times that I can't do this.

For me it's today...I forgot everything at home again!! Mad

Well I never thought of how many times per day I put lip balm on! It's not that many, since I try to stay hydrated from the inside out, but you do have a point there...! I stand corrected, kind of. Smile If everyone here is seeing a great difference after having used up 3 months of product, then I will be a convert--to the idea, not the product. Because I could never follow this regime myself, but that's just me! Now let's get those ingredients, and see before and after pics, and hopefully we'll all be a big happy virtual family soon...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
avalange - Unfortunately I took befores but I couldn't get any of my problem areas to show up. I have 3 tiny (but deep) "v" lines on my top lip border and that was my primary reason for trying this. I have pretty full lips already and when looked at how my befores came out I knew that everyone here would think I'm crazy for even trying this. But, I've tried everything for those pesky lines and figured I'd give this a whirl as well.

As far as the application issue goes, I personally don't notice it being an inconvenience. BUT, given that my lips were SO addicted to balm before this, maybe I'm just used to it. I also don't think too much about it because I feel like I need the product on my lips more right now, especially when they go through one of their peely phases. I tend to peel pretty well about once a week. So far the actual lines in my lips aren't that different than before (but again I had pretty full lips to begin with), BUT I am absolutely thrilled with this because it has given them color! Now, it's still not as deep as the Julie Hewett lippies I'm lemming, but for the first time since junior high school I feel comfortable not wearing any color on my lips. THAT alone was worth the money for this. Without color before I always looked ill, at least that's what everyone would tell me. Mad

Also, I do fully expect this to help with the lines, but deeper lines take 3-6 months to go away. Believe me, the day they do disappear everyone will see me here doing my happy dance! Dancing Laughing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention my other news from Kandis. The lip glosses will be in on Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing these colors.

Aries, I'd been curious about your progress. I'm glad that you're lips are healing and feeling better.

Tam, I too had three deep lines at the border. One is pretty much gone and the two I'm watching are lessening in depth. Hopefully, your pesky lines will follow mine.

Avalange, I drink probably 8 bottles of water a day and my lips are the best they've ever been smooth and pink. They obviously weren't as hydrated as much as the rest of me. Smile I guess, with all due respect, I don't understand why you feel so strongly about a product you haven't tried and have no intention of doing so? It seems like a colossal amount of energy to put forth.

Kimberly
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Aries, I'd been curious about your progress. I'm glad that you're lips are healing and feeling better.

I'll admit the first week or two I wasn't religious about the routine. I'm somewhat picked it up and been much better about it. I do have to say though, my lips feel completely different. They're dry and peeling, but in a different way. When my lips were dry and chapped before they would split open and bleed. It doesn't seem to be the case here, it seems as though it's just a skin on the outter layer that needs to be sloughed away so that the inner layer can emerge.

It's great that the bleeding and cracking has stopped. Keeps me from picking at them also which has helped tremendously.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Blues Heart,

I am sorry, I won't post here any more. It's not that I do or do not care about the product, I kind of care about all of you, who are paying dearly to use it.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I forgot to mention my other news from Kandis. The lip glosses will be in on Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing these colors.

Thank you! I just emailed Kandis earlier to ask when they were coming in and haven't heard back from her yet. I also asked for a description of the new colors since I wasn't sure what all was going to be available. I'll post back when I have that if she doesn't get it on the website before then. Very Happy
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I believe K said only two of the lip glosses will be in Monday. Not all of the new colors. (bummer)

She is trying to get some swatchs added onto the site also to show them. (I guess the two new ones anyway)
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I, too, am thrilled with the lip color change and have been wearing just the cream/night glaze comfortably during my meetings this week...something I would never have done before. I keep the glaze in my pocket and have been applying it every time I think about it.

Avalange, I also wondered what Blues Heart asked and I'm sure she meant no offense. While I'm sure your comments may be appreciated by some, it does make more sense to try it out and then post an honest review. It's possible that it might not work for some as has happened w/other products but we'll have to wait to find that out. Kidding with you on the next thought Smile - but are you offering the same stringent concern for members who are considering other products like LipFusion XL at $60 a pop?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal,
I didn't realize there were more than two glosses?

Avalange,
That's a very nice thought re your concern. Speaking for myself, I'm a big girl. I have my own business and have raised my children on my own from the time they were quite small. I have faith in my abilities and judgement calls thus far. Should I be unhappy with the product in the future I will be more than happy to report so. At this point, I'm happy with the appearance and condition of my lips.

kimberly
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
yes there are quite a few "in the works" I think a total of eleven colors incluiding the ones on the site.

I am not sure when all will "arrive" as some are farther along in production then others. I believe K is spreading them out. (as far as release)

I have been in contact with her trying to find the perfect color. This is what I need, but she does not have it in her current batch. She did mention some of her future colors may be close.

http://www.brastraps.com/index.htm

http://www.brastraps.com/signaturecollection.htm

(edited to add, after much confusion, the colors on the models lips are the color I am looking for)
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
She did tell me this color I am wearing in this picture, is the same color as "her" color Drama Queen. (I think thats one of the new glosses)

So for those who want that color, thats the one you need.

I was wearing one of the Dior Glosses in that pic.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
LMAO. Ok, what did I miss? I click the link expecting lip swatches and find bras. Very nice straps, btw.

Would you like me to send you a swatch of Runway Goddess?

kimberly
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
LOL- Sorry Blues.

That was the only site where I saw the color of the lip glosses I wanted. I should have clarifyed. Smile

The lip color on the models lips...LOL

Do you mean me on sending a sample to? If so that would be terrific, I would appreciate it.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies;

Do you know if the new glosses can be used during the day instead of the other stuff (LC, NG, or LG)? I would LOOOOVE if there was just one thing i'd have to apply every 30 minutes.
Are glosses supposed to be the same thing as LG only with some colour? Or is it more like NG with some colour? Or is it something completely different?
Confused

Edited to add:
I am into my 3rd day of using the system. I am applying the "stuff" Wink very often - it feels like i'm always doing something with my lips Rolling Eyes. My lips are very, very dry, but like Aries has said - only on the surface. They aren't cracked or bleading (I used to have that happen to me in the past). I am exfoliating every day and it feels as if I could use even more often or more agressive exfoliation Shock. Can I exfoliate 2x day?? Or would that be just too much?
I'm applying F2F/LE on my lines (above lips, around lips, around eyes) and will keep you posted on the progress.
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby,
I started out exfoliating every day not because of a need but because I didn't follow the directions on the exfoliating that closely. I asked Kandis and she said I'd be better off doing it every other. I'm somewhat confused on this point as she said there might come a point where I'd need to exfoliate every day. If you get sore or sensitive you might need to drop back. See what happens. I 'think' I remember her telling Aries to do it less when her lips were so sore.

kimberly
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:05 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Rubby,
I started out exfoliating every day not because of a need but because I didn't follow the directions on the exfoliating that closely. I asked Kandis and she said I'd be better off doing it every other. I'm somewhat confused on this point as she said there might come a point where I'd need to exfoliate every day. If you get sore or sensitive you might need to drop back. See what happens. I 'think' I remember her telling Aries to do it less when her lips were so sore.

kimberly

The thing is that my lips are not sore. They feel fine, but there is all this dry, flaky skin on the surface that I just want to get rid of. I'll continue to exfoliate daily, and if at any point I feel that my skin/lips need a break - I'll cut down to every other day.

As for may other question - any ideas if the new lipglosses are designed to be part of the treatment (with all the actives in them), or if they are just ment to be a bit of colour you apply on top of all the other layers?

Thanks, R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Kandis sent this email out to her customers, it covers the application on the glosses, and how to exfoliate more then once a day (only if needed)

I will paste part of it here, which may help.

Yesterday one of my testers was here. We were talking. I noticed her lips were dry & needed more product. I told her. She replied, but they still 'feel' moist I took her to the mirror and had her look at her lips. Then I had her apply her night glaze and had her notice the difference, which was obvious. I realized just yesterday, that if she was doing this, alot of other women are doing it as well and they're going too long between applications. (the products feel silky and because they are void of wax, ect. it may indeed feel like they are still moist when actually, your lips have absorbed your last application and what you are feeling is just the residual on your lip surface.

When your tissues have absorbed the product, they’re ready for more; they want and need it. So during the first 2 to 3 months, try every 20 to 30 minutes. (20 preferably) to put product on your lips. Obviously there will be times that just isn't possible, but for the majority of the time, please try do it. This will give you the results you desire in the fastest time possible. Neither your nor I can control your lip tissues but we can control how much product they receive. These applications are also essential for us to stop the pulling (drawstring effect) in your underlying lip tissues, which is essential in eliminating the wrinkles above, below and or around your lips. Just remember you should be giving your lips one system a month for the first 2 to 3 months. Re-applying your products by time will accomplish this.

(To those of you in meetings during the day - what's the difference between pausing 10 seconds to apply NG to your lips versus pausing 10 seconds and reaching for a glass or bottle of water and taking a drink? no one thinks anything about satisfying your body’s thirst. You have to take care of yourself and that means giving your lips the attention and hydration they need. (with your NG just unscrew cap - tilt without squeezing and glide across top and bottom lips) You’re at the leading edge of this new technology and no one deserves it more than you!)

What we’re doing is drenching your lip tissues so they will reach their point of saturation. We continue to drench them after that, allowing them to absorb and hold as much as they possibly can. Because we're strenthening, reinforcing, and adding to your lips' barrier repair, the moisture we're giving your lips' underlying tissues will stay within those tissues and contiinue to build up (increase in volume) until the tissues cannot possibly hold any more. This is what I refer to as achieving your natural maximum fullness. Keep in mind it isn't just hydration we're giving your tissues; they're also getting vitamins, lipids, lipo-fillers, peptides, natural extracts, hyaluronic acid, and more.

When you start re-applying by time, not feel, your lips will peel (wonderful occurence-really - things are working because you're giving your tissues enough product) Don't pick or pull the skin off your lips because if you do, it may take off some skin attached to the dead skin that isn't ready to come off, and it will leave a raw spot which we will have to heal. So instead, I'd rather you exfoliate it off, even if you have to do it more than once a day. However, I’m going to have you exfoliate a little differently when you’re removing the peeling skin. You can do this a few times a day as long as you don’t make your lips raw and you follow this procedure > in the palm of your hand put some of your exfoliative and add water to it. blend together to make a thin paste. Use this to remove your peeling skin, adding more water as necessary. This thin paste will be less aggressive. Every time after you exfoliate like this, immediately afterwards I want you to apply your lipcream wait 15 seconds, then apply your night glaze. Then continue with the routine you were doing.

Ok – my lipglosses shipped this morning (Thursday). They will be here Monday morning, ready to send out Monday afternoon. The two colors are Sexy Mama and Drama Queen. The Sexy Mama’s shade looks like the pic from the color on the wand, but goes on lighter when applied to your lips .
The Drama Queen has a beautiful light frost. I’ve pasted them here for you to view and I'll put them on the web after I send out these emails, so you can purchase them.

If you’re using the lipgloss or the lipcolor system throughout the day during your first 2 to 3 months, when you arrive back home, before and after dinner, I want you to do this: (arrive home) – apply your LC wait 15 seconds apply your NG. 20 min. later apply more NG. 20 min. later apply one more NG. 20 min. later start the procedure all over again. If you go out that night, wear your lipgloss of course. But while you’re home, even if it’s for a few hours, do this routine right up until you do your nightly routine. The next night when you arrive home, substitute the gold for the cream and follow the same procedure every 20 minutes. Alternate days doing the LC versus the LG. Though your lipgloss is wonderful, it cannot replace the cream nor the gold We need to give your lips more of both of them, for the first 2 to 3 months, than just your nightly treatment.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Would you like me to send you a swatch of Runway Goddess?

kimberly

I'm most likely going to purchase this one over the Drama Queen since frosted colors only tend to make my lips look paler and I want color. Can you describe this a bit more. I saw the color in Kandis' email, but I'm wondering if you could describe coverage/depth of color. She said it would be even lighter than the pic so now I'm not sure if it is even worth adding to my routine. My lips are similar to this color although very light. Do you think this adds enough color?

Rubby - the lipgloss is supposed to be very similar to the lip glaze and more moisturizing than the glaze in the lip color duo.

As far as exfoliating goes, I think you can exfoliate as often as you feel you need to BUT as long as you don't exfoliate until they are raw or bleed. When I go through my peely phases I definitely exfoliate more than once a day. Just don't over do it!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
TamGirl you have an email swatch of Runway Goddess?

My email Had swatchs of Drama Queen and Sexy Mama.

Which looked to be almost the same color tones except one was a frost and lighter (Drama Queen), one was darker no frost (Sexy Mamma). (simular to the color in my pic above)

Drama Queen was maybe a bit pinker/lighter/sheerer.

Did you (or others) receive different swatchs then I did?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
lol...no I just realized it was Sexy Mama in the email, not RG. Sorry for the confusion!

BluesHeart - Can you take a pic of the RG on and/or on a white sheet of paper and post it here? I realize this one won't be ready on Monday but I'd still love to see how this compares to the other two.

At this point I'm still planning to choose Sexy Mama (no frost). Can those who got the initial samples please answer my question above (originally asking about RG but I was confused!). Thanks!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
After reading the email from Kandis I'm convinced that the routine is just too complicated. Rolling Eyes
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
After reading the email from Kandis I'm convinced that the routine is just too complicated. Rolling Eyes

It's actually not. I was a bit overwhelmed at first to see all the printed instructions that came with it, but it's a lot simplier going through the motions than explaining them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
yeah it is actually very easy. There are alternate methods depending on needs, and the tubes are numbered, so you can stay in step. They are 1,2,3,4. The emails tend to list all available options possible. But you can finetune for your needs.

Basically in the PM:

-Wash face and lips.
-Exfoliate lips, and above lips
-rinse and wipe off exfoliate, pat dry.
-Apply the Lip Cream, on and around lips ,and wait 15 sec roughly for it to absorb. (I apply other stuff to my face at this time, if useing the line eraser apply around lips, instead of the cream and gold, now if you want)
-Apply Gold Product to and around the lips (if not applying LE on upper lip)
-Blow dry for 90 sec
-apply Lip glaze to lip and mouth

Then apply lip glaze through the night as needed.

For day use:

-Wakeup, clean skin
-apply Lip Cream, let absorb
-Apply lip Gold, or Night Glaze

Then throughout the day I just apply lip cream, and alternate with Night Glaze, all day long.

Or sometime alternate Lip Gold and Night Glaze all day long. I just do one or the other alternates. Which Kandis said is okay also.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tangal for the shortened, easy to read instructions. This is what I have been doing but after reading the last email from Kandis I just got frustrated, thinking that I was doing it all wrong. After I read her email I just threw my arms up and said, "this is ridiculous". IMO simple instructions is all one needs to get going on this system.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
She should have a simple basic instruction sheet, sort of like what I just posted.

And then maybe the longer "added notes" for those who want more clarification. Otherwise is it daunting. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |