Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
We can be our own worst enemy at times.

kimberly
whose feeling like I should go pout in the corner over your lower lip. I had a dream last night that my upper lip kept plumping and plumping and my lower lip never did. I woke up in a cold sweat. LOLOL.

edited to make swear sweat. But I did swear too. Smile
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
LOL- Oh my!!!!

I keep dreaming I am pregnant - at 42 thats not part of my current plan......
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Tell me about it. *wipes sweat from brow* My SIl's sister had twins at 45.5.

k
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
ahhhhhhhh Shock Don't need to hear that!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
You know what they say - Fair is Fair. Your lower lip is plumped whilst mine is not. Sweet dreams. Bad Grin
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Razz
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Razz
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
So, Tangal how did you do it? This thread is so long. Have you already explained the order you use to have gotten such quick results?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I do cream, wait 15 sec, gold, wait 15 sec glaze, wait 20/30 min glaze, wait 20/30 min glaze. Kandis suggested that as a better option.

But when I started I did Cream, wait 15 sec, glaze wait 20/30 min, then cream/glaze all through the day on one day. And Gold, glaze the next day. I did that for about three weeks.

But I do try to apply every 30 minutes all day long when possible.
I do exfoliate every night and blow dry ALWAYS 90 sec to 2 minutes.
I also apply glaze through the night when I wake.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ha, Tangal. You got lots of feedback! Glad you posted, thanks.

Kimberley, will you use this thread to post a pic of your nipples, or start a new one so that more people can get a look?

Razz Laughing Cool
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I thought the blowdry was purely to aid absorption and never noticed any visual difference. Sorry to say that this system is having minimal results for me and I would not buy again. I will, however, continue to exfoliate my lips and apply moisturiser: I think the theory has much to commend it.
The peeling drove me mad (along with the dry, unattractive scales and flakes), so I began to exfoliate with my electric toothbrush. I found this to be much more satisfactory in that it actually removed the flakes of skin. Somebody mentioned earlier that maybe any exfoliation and any moisturiser might work. I think it might, if you applied the moisturiser (or nourisher) every twenty minutes as instructed in the Lips2Kiss system. But Scallawaggirl has had good results and has also posted pics of them... so it's only my opinion and I have no pics to post because I have no good results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce, I'm wondering what method you have been using (just curious though I know not everything works for everyone). I have been very liberal about using the products so that may be why I'm getting results along with others.

Right now, my practice is like Tangal's. I apply the cream, let it absorb. Then, onto the gold, wait, and finally glaze repeatedly applied. This has been the most hydrating for me. I definitely have rosier colored lips that have filled out nicely and my upper lip line is rounding out, to which I'm really happy. I'm on the road but I'll post a 60 day pic (not so long from my last compare one, which was around 47 or so).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Scally, I can see from the photos you posted that you are certainly having a result. I'm following the procedure outlined in the brochure that came with the product. I'd say that my upper lip line is maybe a little more defined and my upper lip as a whole perhaps a little plumper. My 'purse' lines are not diminished but Kandis's site does say that they can take longer. You have to take into consideration that I am older than you... I feel I can probably obtain comparable results with regular exfoliation (toothbrush certainly more efficient than Lips2Kiss) and a good lip moisturiser (Estee Lauder do one), coupled with no or minimal use of wax-based lip colours. So, in spite of the very definite results your pictures show, I haven't had the same results and would not purchase again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
... Rubby and Mermaid Girl,
Sorry ladies. Just got on and saw your msgs from last night. We're talking nipples girls. Nipples. Mine became supersized after starting either CP or DMAE. Embarassed Shock

Ahah! I knew it was boobie related! Laughing

Kimberly, is that a BAD thing (about your nipples growing larger)? I really want to start using CP and DMAE on my boobages, but possibly one of the very LAST things on this planet I need are bigger nipples! Did you apply your CP/DMAE all over your breasts, including nipples? Maybe if I avoided the nipple region, that might keep them from growing? As far as treatment goes, do you do CPs at night and DMAE in the morning, or what???

Inquiring minds want to know! Thank you in advance! Very Happy
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:11 am      Reply with quote
patrod wrote:
Rubby,

I know you purchashed the F2F. What do you think of it? I've been using it full strength on my neck and upper chest and can not get over what it's doing! I was beginning to get that crinkled chicken skin on the front of my neck. Nothing worked and I tried everything. After using the F2F there, now for about a month it is tightened up like when I was in my 30's. Very Happy My upper chest was in bad shape also. Discolaration and odd texture from sun damage. That is beginning to lighten up also, not as dramatically as my neck but I can see positive changes.

Hi Pat,
I've been using the system for only 2 weeks now so it is early to say. I still have enough of F2F for at least 2-3 more weeks, so I should be able to see how and if it works for me.
I use F2F on the area above my lips and around (actually under) my eyes. I would love to try it on my neck and chest (starting to get wrinkly there Shock), but I only have a sample, so I want to use it on a small area to see if it works over a longer period of time (I think I'll get good 4-5 weeks of daily use out of the sample). To be honest, there are days when I *think* my under eye area and my upper lip look better. It all feels a bit plumper and thicker - therefore less wrinkly. But then - there are days when I don't see that improvement. The bottom line - I think it's too early to say. I'll give it another 2-3 weeks and see how it works for me.

BTW - I am very happy to hear that it works for you. How long have you been using it now? Do you have a sample or have you purchased the full-size bottle?

I certainly hope this thing works. Let's keep in touch.

R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Cesce wrote:
The peeling drove me mad (along with the dry, unattractive scales and flakes), so I began to exfoliate with my electric toothbrush. I found this to be much more satisfactory in that it actually removed the flakes of skin.

Oh, I have a lot of scales and flakes too Shock! And I sometimes wonder if L2K exfoliator is strong enough for my peeling lips. I am still in my early phase (just finished week #2) so I hope the peeling, dryness, flakes and scales Confused will soon go away. I'll definitely continue with the system for another month or two before i make any decisions.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
I do cream, wait 15 sec, gold, wait 15 sec glaze, wait 20/30 min glaze, wait 20/30 min glaze. Kandis suggested that as a better option.

That's what I do too when I'm at home. When I am at work - I now use lipgloss only. And I wonder if that's enough Confused.

Tangal - do you use lipgloss at all? And BTW - I think you have great results for such a short period of time. I'd be extremely happy if my lips look that good at the end of 1st month (although, your lips looked a lot better than mine to start with).
Pls, keep us posted on your progress.

patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:30 am      Reply with quote
My lips have been peeling now for about a month, off and on. I have e-mailed Kandis with my concerns. She says it has to do alot with age and the way in which we have treated our lips in the past. I've been using chapstick since I was twelve trying to survive in the cold winters of Wisconsin. I was also the type that had to wear lipstick to feel fully dressed. I have tried using the CP's and emu oil and my lips still peeled, only worse. Chapstick is so addictive.
I noticed the F2F working on my neck area right away it totally moisterizes that skin. Its still feels that way when I wake up. I am just worried about this summer. If I don't find a good sunscreen the sun is going to undo everything I've accomplished this winter. I think I need to contact Kathleen, isn't she the sunscreen guro. I've tried the zinc oxide spray but it makes me look like I saw a ghost. Shock
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I will try to address everything in one post, sorry if I miss anyone. Smile Please remind me if I missed you!

Caesce-The blow dry does help enhance product absorption. But the exfoliation “irritation” also causes short term plumping, along with the Blow dry step helps activate and enhance penetration of one of the shorter acting plump ingredients. This can also create a short term immediate plump effect after the blowdry step.
(both from the way light dehydration allows deeper absorption, heat enhances absorption and circulation in the area, exfoliation thins the skin slightly, allowing better absorption)

Others on this thread have said eventually that blow dry plumping lasts all the time for them. For me I never saw much plumping after the blow dry at first. But after about three weeks I did see more plumping and rosier color. But even now I have more plumping right after the PM steps, then I have durning the day. Hope to see that change!

If you peel a lot, you certainly can exfoliate more then once a day, which Kandis addressed in her recent directional sheets included with the product. The Pamphlet directions are not really as good, as they are based on the product before it was reformulated slightly - one needs to use the ones included in the printed sheets. Or email K for help. She is currently adding some instructions online, which should help.

I also addressed that earlier in ths post, and showed the differences, and suggested steps. A few pages back. (if that helps)

A toothbrush can be a fine exfoliate tool. But it can be to irritating to some also. In which case the scrub is a better option. That’s why the scrub is in the kit. If a toothbrush works better for you that should be okay also. I get similar results with either. I personally use very little water with the scrub, to get more effect as my lips are not sensitive.

I agree applying a moisturizer every 20 min “should” give the same effect. You would think that.

But I suspect it will not. Any more then a moisterizer will fix wrinkles on the skin, or address aged skin issues such as firmbness, sagging, lines, dullness etc.

There are peptides, collagen builders, lipo fillers and other activities added to this line, that do work best when applied every 20/30 min during the building tissue stage. I have not seen any other lip products with all of these. Some have some, or one or two. But not all. Or at least none that I have seen, They may be out there, and I have missed them.

I can’t comment on how big a specific impact that all creates, per each ingrediant – but it does help clarify why one treatment line may differ then another.
I know in skincare it makes a hugh difference. I have used many many many “great” skincare lines, which did help some, but until I added the correct activities at correct strengths and usage amounts, my results were much less dramatic.

And it does not matter what the label “says” a product does. That’s often marketing. But the actual ingredients, formulation and percentage DO matter a lot.

So unless your other products contain all those, at same percentages, I don’t think your results are going to be quite the same.

Lips may be very moist and feel great, but I think you will miss out on the plumping, barrier repair, long term moisture retention enhancement, and color return. After all many of us have used glosses, balms, treatments and creams on our lips for years……yet here we are. Smile

I personally have gone long periods where I exfoliated lips every night with a toothbrush, and applied copper, DMAE, and treatment balms all through the day, very often.

Yes that did help my lips some, which is one reason mine started out probably in good shape. But the results were still less then the L2K system seems to give me so far in a shorter time. Whether this will get better, or stay when I drop down to a maintenance mode – to soon to say at 30 days. And that will effect if I continue with the line.

But on the website, if you look at the images, most were not dramatic at 30 days. Many were very subtle, and probably not visible without pictures. Much like mine seemed to me. But at 60 and 90 days results were pretty dramatic.

When I started the system, I started it planning on giving it 60 days before deciding where to go. For me, anything less time just seemed unfair. Like I was wasting my first kit, if I did not give it a fair shot.

I use many skin treatment products that actually change skin structure and regrow new tissue. Things like that will take a long time. They are not fast acting things that only treat symptoms but never really help the tissue with a real long-term change. I wanted a long-term fix – not a quick symptom fix, that never heals or repairs anything. 

Of course it will not work for everyone. I understand that. And you may not be a good candidate. And it may take time to work out the application routine that does best for your lips. I had to tinker with that also. But I emailed Kanidis and she helped me. And the more Stressed or damaged your tissues are – the longer results will take. But this is also true of many other effective skincare treatments that make real change. Retin A, Copper, AHA, BHA, Vit C etc.

If it takes years to get that type of “damage” its not going to fix dramatically in 30 days. IMO. I wish it did “fix” faster – believe me!! LOL

Rubby – I only use the L2k system. I work from home, so no makeup issues. Occasionally about once to twice a week for a few hours I go to church and stuff, and will apply the L2K stuff first, Then top with a tinted commercial gloss. But I only do this for a few hours at a time. And once I get home I remove it immediately and move back to the system. If you are in a situation where you need to wear color daily, I think you need to buy at least one of the L2K colors and use that. I honestly do believe, based on product ingredients, that if you are not applying some treatment regularly throughout the day at least for the first few months, you are not going to get very dramatic results. The activities are the type that do need frequent applications to be effective, at least for fast results at first.

The colors do have treatment ingredients added.

When I run errands in town, I don’t apply gloss, just the L2K products. I have some L2K gloss on order, and have not yet received it. When I do, I will use it to replace my current color glosses during the initial treatment phase if I can. But the colors may not work for me, so may not be possible.

I agree lip health when you start will effect speed of results. I have no lines above lips, and my lips were plump to start. I have also been treating lips and facial skin aggressively for three years now. I never had L2K results – but I do think my lip care has prevented more tissue damage, and allowed my lips to be healthier to start with, so they maybe responding differently.

I have had very little peeling.

I don't mean to sound like a Cheerleader. It is still to soon to know if this is a product I will stick with. I have not decided yet myself.

But I do hope those who try it do give it a fair shot before giving up. At least to confirm that it will work for you.

I have seen posters on here who used JM Lash Intervention and were ready to throw it out when the did not have results in 30 days. But they stuck it out and three months later - they had great results, and love the product now. Smile
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention when Kandis e-mailed me about my peeling problem she said you could use the blow drying technique twice a day to speed rejuvination.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
yeah - I keep meaning to try that also... and keep forgetting...LOL
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
patrod wrote:
I forgot to mention when Kandis e-mailed me about my peeling problem she said you could use the blow drying technique twice a day to speed rejuvination.

Received an email and she also called and we spoke about my excessive peeling and dryness. She's a doll. She told me the same thing and will revamp my routine per her instructions as she says in the long run it's well worth the time and effort vested into my lips.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Arie please keep us posted on how you do - I really want to know. Smile
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I've been watching this system with quiet a bit of interest, my prob is all the steps and not using lipstick during the process, "scared to leave home bare lipped"!! Does anyone know whats in this stuff, before I buy it and use it, I'd kinda like to know what I am putting on my lips?
Thanks
Melissa
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Sure will Tangal,

I may purchase the lip gloss she has, she asked if I have yet and I told her no. She did suggest I forget which color, but says that it may help break up the routine and use the lip gloss rather than the glaze during the day as it feels a little different than the glaze.

Can someone who has the gloss chime in here please?

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |