Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Melessa, you need to email Kandis ( kandis@lips2kiss.com ) for specific ingrediant info. She requested it not be posted online in detail to protect her formula. She does list most of it generally on her site, when you look at the specific info about each products. It is a bit hard to find though.

I can answer some general questions on that if that would help, (based on the info K sent me when I emailed her) or you can PM me, but I can't list all the specific ingrediants.

You can apply the colored glosses that are available seperately for use with the system during the day for "color" they contain treatment ingrediants also. (starting the very first week of product use I believe)

You can also use the Penitratable color after the first few weeks.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
ok thanks, well since I am inept at making anything, I really just like to know what I am putting on before I dive in. I'll email her!!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Someone asked me this on email, so I thought I should clarify if it helps others.

I don’t (didn’t) wear lipsticks, and though I do wear gloss, I don’t wear it daily all the time. Probably a few times a week, but I always removed it when I get home. I did wear gloss more often when I worked full time, but still removed it when coming home. (now I work from home)
Not a big balm and chapstick user. Though I did use them. But not as heavily as some people.

The past few years I have treated my skincare aggressively, and changed the way I treated my lips. Which meant using more mild botanical or emu oils on lips when they needed moisture. And using anti-oxidants, and copper to repair the barrier.

This helped my lips be “healthier” though not as plump as they are now since starting the L2K line.

So I may be a bit ahead of the game, because my lip condition may be “better” (sorry bad word choice, but can’t think of the one I want) to start with.

So maybe that also has affected my results. For others who may feel they are getting less results, much will also depend on your lip condition overall. I know some of the pics on the L2K site, were pretty dehydrated thin lips at the start, and they took longer to see results. One, more mature lady, took 90 days I seem to remember. But she did get improvement.

So depending on where you start, your lips cosmetic use history etc. That could also be something you should factor in.

I also really made a point to use the entire product line all through the day often (except the exfoliate which I used once in PM)

Each of the products does differ in ingredients, and in the active ingredients. So they do each work a bit differently, and I believe compliment each other.

Just using say, the Night Glaze and exfoliate for example, probably will not give the same enhancement. It will moisturize well I am sure, but with that alone, you are going to miss some of the key activities. You’ll get some, but not the entire “package”

Not all activities can be blended together in one “all in one” product. Just like we use separate products on our face. A separate Acid or exfoliate, A separate cleanser, a separate firmer, or collagen builder, or line relaxer.

An all in one version of some activates is typically less effective, because you cannot create an effective base that allows all of these ingredients to work together optimally. They each have different formulation requirements to give the best product enhancement.

So though you can use just a cleanser, or just an exfoliate. You results differ if you use a cleanser, and exfoliate, a firmer, etc. As separate products. Your results of each product enhances the others helping each of them to work better, then any one product alone.

Useing only one or two things in the system, but not all of them, is sort of short changing yourself, because then you are really not giving it a fair go. This productline is made to produce the results seen online, based on using it the way its suggested.

Just like if you have a medication you need to take every 4 hours to get results, and only take once a day, you are unlikely to get very good results. Not because the medication is bad, but rather you did not take it as prescribed, in the manner that is recommended to create the results you need/expect. Smile

Also I don't work for L2K nor make anything off sales of the product. I just bought the kit like everyone else after seeing the info on here. And I am anal enough to have emailed Kandis 1000 times with very detailed questions. I like very specific answers, and like to know how and why things do what they do.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
What's the difference between the lipgloss and the lip color system?

Which ones do you girls have?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
The gloss is one product that is like the Night Glaze with color mixed in. You can apply the cream, night glaze or gold over the top of the gloss. You can use this immediately when starting the system during the day.

The lip color, is two steps/two products. It’s a lip color you paint on, that does not seal on the lips, and you let it dry. And then top it with the lip color glaze to add shine.

The color glaze shine has some treatment stuff in it I think. But you can’t use the Night Glaze or gold or cream over the Penitratable color. You are supposed to wait a week or so before using this product, though you can use it right away, but need to apply it slightly differently (with your cream). The color lasts longer though on the lips, after your lips are better rejuvenated. (then what they would be for your first week or so)

I have some gloss coming on order. Have not used it yet though.

Some other past posts on this thread discussed the colors others have, and how they used them. Most have gloss, but a few the Penitratable color also, that they uses during the day.

There are supposed to be eleven colors total being added to the system.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tangal,

The two lip glosses are tempting, the colors seem really pretty, light and natural. So I may just purchase one. So the gloss goes on first and then the LC or the LG on after?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
the gloss is a treatment so you use it as a color and treatment. You can use just it through the day, evry 20/30 min or so.

But if you also combine it with the other products benifits are better. So deppending on what your schedula allows you have a few options.

If you use all three products for example, you would do something like this. (I think this is correct, others can correct if I have it wrong)

Apply gloss. Then on next application in 20/30 min apply cream wait 15 sec then apply night glaze.
Next time do gloss again, or night glaze.

OR

Gloss, wait 20/30 min then Cream, wait 15 sec, then gold, wait 15 sec then Night glaze (or gloss again)

The Night glaze and gloss are simular in the treatment activities they contain, I think they are interchangable durning the day. But the gold and cream have some different stuff.

When you get home remove all gloss, and do LC/NG, or LG/NG or varients of that..
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a Quick Guide I created for Kandis to provide for her customers.

Kandis needs to go over it and confirm it is all completely correct. She has not done so yet.

But I think this is basically accurate, though may have a few minor differences. So until she clarifys, or someone else clarifys this may help.

Quick Guide Start Sheet.
(please read through all instructional information for details on entire application process, before using this sheet)

During the lip rejuvenation process, use the following suggested routine for optimal results. After lips have reached the desired condition, move onto the maintenance routine.

A.M. Beginning Routine (no color application):• Wash face and pat dry
• Apply LE to upper lip skin (optional)
• Apply LG, LC/NG or NG every 20 minutes throughout the day. (see application instructions.)

If you wear L2K lip gloss or lip color during the day:• Wash face and pat dry, optionally apply LE to upper lip skin
• Apply lip gloss or lip color
• If using Penitratable lip color, apply lip color glaze throughout the day every 20 minutes (see notes on Lip color “LipColor trick” in instructional sheets)
• If using gloss color, apply gloss throughout the day every 20 min
• You may also use the LC/NG or LG/NG steps with the gloss, not with the P. color

Upon returning home, after wearing color:
• If wearing Penitratable color, wash all color from lips first
• Use option #4 until you do PM routine (see option variant info under Application Instructions)
Variant # 2 on one day - LC wait 15 sec, then NG, NG, NG
Variant # 3 on alternate days - LG, NG, NG, NG
• After third application of NG, wait 20 min
• Start process again, Applying LC or LG, wait 15 sec, apply NG and start over
• Continue this process until it is time to go out for the evening, when you may apply your lip gloss or color, or until it is time for you PM routine

P.M. Routine, once every night:• Wash face and pat dry
• Exfoliate Lips surface and skin above the upper lip (nightly or every other night)
• Rinse, and wipe all product from skin, pat dry
• Apply Night Lip Cream (LC) to both lips, and skin above the lips OR LC to lips and LE to upper lip skin – wait approximately 15 sec for product to absorb.
• Apply Liquid Gold (LG) to entire lip area and skin on upper lip (if not using LE) with fingertip
• Blow dry lips for 90 seconds on warm
• Apply Night Glaze (NG) to entire lip area with fingertip

Throughout the evening and after retiring for the evening apply NG every 20 minutes or during waking in the middle of the night. In the AM repeat AM routine.

After Lip Rejuvenation has occurred, use the following options:

A.M. Routine:
• Wash face and pat dry, optionally apply LE to upper lip skin
• Apply LG, LC/NG or NG throughout the day, every 30 minutes or as needed, to leave lips looking glossy

If you wear L2K lip gloss or lip color during the day:• Wash face and pat dry, optionally apply LE to upper lip skin
• Apply Lip gloss or lip color
• If using lip color, apply lip color glaze throughout the day as needed
• If using gloss, apply gloss throughout the day as needed
• You may also use the LC/NG or LG/NG steps with the gloss, not with the color

If you wear other brands of color during the day
• Wash face and pat dry, optionally apply LE to upper lip skin
• Apply Lip gloss or lip color
• L2K gloss or treatments will not penetrate through commercial colorants
• Try to limit not L2K colors to every other day or less, or alternate each day with the L2K treatments of colors

Upon returning home:• Wash all commercial color, or Penitratable color from lips, do P.M routine nightly
P.M. Routine, once every night:
• Wash face and pat dry
• Exfoliate Lips surface and skin above the upper lip (three times a week)
• Rinse, and wipe all product from skin, pat dry
• Apply Night Lip Cream (LC) to both lips, and skin above the lips OR LC to lips and LE to upper lip skin – wait approximately 15 sec for product to absorb.
• Apply Liquid Gold (LG) to entire lip area and skin on upper lip (if not using LE) with fingertip
• Blow dry lips for 90 seconds on warm
• Apply Night Glaze (NG) to entire lip area with fingertip

Throughout the evening and after retiring for the evening apply NG every 20 minutes or during waking in the middle of the night. In the AM repeat AM routine.

Abbreviations:
LC – Night Lip Cream
LG – Hydrating Lip Gold
NG – Night Glaze
LE – Face 2 Flaunt Line Eliminator
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh thanks

I was just about to order both the glosses but then I remembered with the my intial package came the paperwork and said that for future orders there were some codes to get it at a discounted cost if I'm remembering right. When you ordered yours did you get a discount or is it even possible on the glosses?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
The code does not apply to the glosses, colors, or Face to Flaunt. Sad Only to the complete kit reorder or the three treatments without the exfoliate reorder. So the glosses cost the same.

I did use the code when I reorderd my kit, I only ordered the three treatments, as I did not need more exfoliate.

I will probably need to order more glaze also. I seem to go through that in about three weeks. And I probably will not use the glosses all the time, everyday.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Tangal, excellent post. As for myself, and no I've not posted a pic because I took none in the beginning, I was similar to TG in that I wasn't a lipstick/gloss addict and I've never used balm or chapstick type products. My lips were pretty healthy to start. I did have some lines that seems to be genetic in my family, nothing horrible and I 'think' that the permanent lip liner may have contributed to that somewhat. I probably have more results in my top lip than TG and maybe the same in the bottom lip. I am definitiely somewhat lopsided at the moment. LOL *crossing fingers* When I do something I tend to DO IT figuring I'm getting my money's worth that way. I've never missed a night and I was pretty good about applying during the day.

Aries, I have the Drama Queen in the lip gloss. I like it but would prefer Sexy Mama for myself. I've used it several times but prefer to use the system. I feel like I'm getting more results but that's just me. I also have one color in the lip color system and use that if I'm going out.

kimberly
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Kimberly,

Thanks for the post, think I"ll order both the lip glosses just for the fun of it since I can't seem to pick one over other.

Tangal,
Thank you for clarifying the discount breakdown.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
also - MY day routine, which Kandis suggested, is not on that quick guide.

Its LC - wait 15 sec, then Gold, wait 15 sec - then glaze, wait 20/30 min then glaze,wait 20/30 min then glaze - then sart over with cream.

So its: NC/LG/NG/NG/NG start over NC/LG/NG/NG/NG

I do not wear color or gloss right now.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:

Its LC - wait 15 sec, then Gold, wait 15 sec - then glaze, wait 20/30 min then glaze,wait 20/30 min then glaze - then sart over with cream.

When I spoke with her last night, this is the routine she also suggested for me to try and did that all day today. We'll see how it progresses...ugh I can already feel my lips peeling again Mad ..so annoying, but I know it's a good thing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:

Yea, that's the routine I do. And I just want to make clear that I am using K's lipgloss during the day. I have not applied a single non-L2K thing to my lips since I started the system just over 2 weeks ago.

As for the blowdrying 2/day - that's a good suggestion. I was thingking about exfoliating 2/day, but perhaps I could do the whole routine 2/day (I blowdry my hair almost every morning anyway).

Thanks for suggestions ladies.

R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I exfoliate twice a day, I have to because I'm peeling dead skin like crazy. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, everyone. Here's an update! I currently follow Tangal's routine (by accident but good to have confirmation) - LC, absorb, LG absorb, NG, NG, NG and then repeat. I exfoliate once per day in the morning and am now doing the 90-second heat both morning and night.

I've ordered both of the new glosses to see which I like better (or perhaps both) and will post pics of what they look like. My lip color is staying quite dark these days so that will certainly affect the way the glosses look. Here is a picture I put together that shows in order:

Original start picture (with some cream/gloss stuff but not much)

40 day picture with just the Lip Cream - no gloss

60 day picture with Lip Gold only. The spot above my lip is reflected by the light but notice how the lip vermillion (top line) is filling out really nicely. I'm particularly pleased about that since one side has always been uneven.

Oh, and thanks, Tangal for providing such detailed explanations for the other ladies!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
wow! Great photos. Definate changes happeaning, and excellent lip color!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
OMG. Wonderful changes! They look so healthy.

Thanks for posting.

kimberly
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Scally, nice pair of smackers you got there! Very good results - congratulations!

OK, I need to get some sort of a timing device that will buzz every 20-30 minutes to remind me to apply my NC, LG, NG in rotation. I am having the hardest time applying product during the day at work, but I do the exfoliation every day and blow-dry twice a day, and usually can remember to do my application when I get home at night.

Anyone know of where I can get a little timer I can wear on my waistband?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Scally, nice pair of smackers you got there! Very good results - congratulations!

OK, I need to get some sort of a timing device that will buzz every 20-30 minutes to remind me to apply my NC, LG, NG in rotation. I am having the hardest time applying product during the day at work, but I do the exfoliation every day and blow-dry twice a day, and usually can remember to do my application when I get home at night.

Anyone know of where I can get a little timer I can wear on my waistband?

MG, thanks, girl. No need for a timer, just apply it as soon as you think about it (LC, LG, NG, NG, NG and again). For simplicity's sake, I keep them in my pocket when working at home and while out on the presentation trail, I kept them in my purse and just apply as soon as I think of it. Fortunately, I was able to keep it on pretty close to 30 minutes or so and it's not as bad as you think once you get in the habit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Your lips are looking really good Scalawagirl.

This thread has grown huge.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Wow! so tempted with such a long popular thread!
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Well I must be the only person not seeing any lip plumping effects with the L2K system & I have been using it for well over a month now. Crying or Very sad I initially thought my lips were getting slightly more plump (& I think I even mentioned it here too), but after compairing my before/after pics & taking some measurements I can safely say my lips haven't changed at all...except for the fact that they are peeling like hell!! Mad I have been following Kandis' instructions religously but my lips don't look any more "rejuvinated" at all unfortunately. I also know Kandis said it will take months, but the before & after pics on her site after 30 days look pretty impressive imo, & I'm a lot younger than all the people on her site...but yet NO results at all for me!? hmm

I know I'm probably going to get a whole lot of negative responses from some people posting on this thread Rolling Eyes, but I have to say that I am very dissapointed with this product & I am starting to agree with some of the comments made about Kandis earlier on that got deleted. I'm not sure if I will be bother contacting her & telling her all this, but I won't be using L2K anymore at all, it did absolutely nothing for me, except make my lips peel & turn bright red. Sad
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:16 am      Reply with quote
That is a shame Safire.
I know how you feel - it is frustrating when you hear rave reviews and then the same product doesn't work for you. I suppose that's the thing about people's skin responding to different things in different ways.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |