Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Safire- Not every product works well for everyone. I think that’s something we all can concede after simply being on this forum, and reading posts for a week. Smile

I have never read any reviews on any product, car, diet system, movie etc that was 100% effective, or well received, by every single poster/user.

That’s why there are 300 bottles of shampoo on Wal-Mart store shelves, rather then 5. LOL

Unfortunately that’s the way skincare things are. Things are affected by your individual body, your chemistry, your lifestyle, etc.

Just because it does not suit you, does not mean it is a bad product, or that you are bad, rather it is not the best choice for “you” and your current needs.

Nothing wrong with that. That’s the way things are.

Hopefully you will find something that does do very well for you - and then you can be posting about how terrific it is in a few months! Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
Well I must be the only person not seeing any lip plumping effects with the L2K system & I have been using it for well over a month now. Crying or Very sad I initially thought my lips were getting slightly more plump (& I think I even mentioned it here too), but after compairing my before/after pics & taking some measurements I can safely say my lips haven't changed at all...except for the fact that they are peeling like hell!! Mad I have been following Kandis' instructions religously but my lips don't look any more "rejuvinated" at all unfortunately. I also know Kandis said it will take months, but the before & after pics on her site after 30 days look pretty impressive imo, & I'm a lot younger than all the people on her site...but yet NO results at all for me!? hmm

I know I'm probably going to get a whole lot of negative responses from some people posting on this thread Rolling Eyes, but I have to say that I am very dissapointed with this product & I am starting to agree with some of the comments made about Kandis earlier on that got deleted. I'm not sure if I will be bother contacting her & telling her all this, but I won't be using L2K anymore at all, it did absolutely nothing for me, except make my lips peel & turn bright red. Sad

Safire, I do understand your frustration but have you contacted Kandis at all to try to fine tune your applications? From everything we've seen, that sometimes needs to be the case depending on your lifetime experience of using products or hereditary factors, etc. I personally do not think one month is enough time to properly gauge whether you will get results. The fact that you are peeling like crazy is an indication that you have A LOT of underlying layers of skin that need to be rejuvinated. Smile

You may not want to hear this, but I believe you should keep at it atleast one more month in order to give it a chance. You really shouldn't compare yourself to the posted pics on Kandis's site; after all, my 30 day comparisons showed a difference but at 60, I'm really getting the WOW factor and can plainly see that my lips lines are going away due to the fact that my lips are now getting hydrated. Kandis never claimed that you would see results after 30 days; she says it could take up to five months (dependent on your situation). I made up my mind to give it the 5 months and then ultimately decide on whether it worked; however, since I took pics, it was obvious to me that it does. Just wondering, but it seems you did take pics? If so, would you mind posting them? Sometimes, it's very difficult to compare without them and perhaps we might see something you're not.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
okay.... this review is for all the people who say i can absolutely *not* be without my lippies during the day.

i flat out admit that i'm a lipstick slut. always have been, always will be. with my squinty eyes, dimpled chin, fat undefined nose, and chipmunk cheeks, my lips have always stood out as the one part of my face that is really quite pretty. not huge angelina lips, more julia roberts especially when i smile (which i do hugely). i've always taken care of them and have been using the HA caps and keeping them moisturised with By Terry lip balm and then CareKate products with no complaints.... so why was i intrigued by Lips2Kiss? because i have lines above the lips, some on them, and have definitely lost some of that darling little upper lip curl i used to have.

i have been using Kandis' products faithfully for about two months. faithfully, but not exclusively, and a blow dryer hasn't got near my lips for at least a month of that time (holiday and then travel). when i am home, i try to use her products every half an hour, but often forget. i even took them in my plastic bag allotment on the plane (paris/los angeles and back). when i'm out, though, i use lipstick or balm. only good moisturising quality ones such as Sisley, Julie Hewitt, By Terry, or CareKate (i told you i was a slut). when i get back home, i start again with the L2K.

everyone is up in arms about the price of the system, but it really isn't much more than other good quality products and in some cases less.... now, my lips did start in good shape with all i was doing, but there was (and still is) definitely room for improvement. but, despite my constant cheating (and i think a lot of people who are hesitating trying this is because they *know* they will), i am seeing my lips get better: more moisture, more definition, less lines, more fullness (which gets out of this world if i apply Candy's DMAE on them), and the curl is coming back. quite simply, they're looking younger each week (above and beyond what HA caps were doing). the only area where i have seen no improvement is in the colour which is still pretty deathly pale.

would my improvement be better if i was faithful and exclusive? quite probably. but there's no way i can be. lipsticks are my weakness, my little source of pleasure, let me have them. the bottom line is that i'm actually very pleased with her products and i don't care if it takes me longer to get the promised lips. i plan to continue using her products without denying myself my weakness for lippies. it makes me happy.

i know Kandis can be quite evangelical about her products and that you must them use them exclusively and you must blow dry and you must reapply, etc., which intimidates people. this is her life and she wants everyone to get the best possible chance for rejuvenated lips -- it makes sense. and perhaps some people truly need her lip boot camp. i didn't and don't think everybody does either. so if you're on the fence and want to try this but aren't willing to sacrifice your lipstick for the office or parties and your lips are in pretty good shape, i say go for it! it will take you longer, but your lips should improve with this. (i say "should" rather than "will" as there may be a few that this sadly won't do anything for.) as i said before, the price is not bad especially considering that you will be using less product and one set will probably last you 2 months. so go on, try it!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Great review-comments/great ponits, la vie en rose!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
La Vie, insightful review and good points made for those that cannot be without lippies (quality, of course)!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

i know Kandis can be quite evangelical about her products and that you must them use them exclusively and you must blow dry and you must reapply, etc., which intimidates people. this is her life and she wants everyone to get the best possible chance for rejuvenated lips -- it makes sense. and perhaps some people truly need her lip boot camp.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'm one of those needing and doing the lip boot camp Wink.
Great post la vie en rose!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
La Vie,
Nice review. It's nice to know that if one should fall off the wagon it's possible to still get some results. The only time I was tempted was looking at the Julie Hewitt site and ironically it was your opinion of the Nude Noir that talked me out of it. LOL.

Safire,
I'm sorry you're having trouble. Is it possible you're having a reaction of some sort to one of the ingredients? Perhaps you should contact Kandis. Like Scalawaggirl, I'd encourage you to post a picture. Perhaps like Tangal, you can't see the actual changes and need someone else's opinion. Your opinion is a valid one as you've at least tried the product.

kimberly
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I do agree, letting other "see" you pics may help. It did for me anyway. Smile
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
La Vie,
Nice review. It's nice to know that if one should fall off the wagon it's possible to still get some results. The only time I was tempted was looking at the Julie Hewitt site and ironically it was your opinion of the Nude Noir that talked me out of it. LOL.

Bad Grin her sheers are absolutely gorgeous though. if you tell me which colour family (in the other thread -- don't mean to hijack here), i can probably point you in the right direction. i seriously don't think falling off the wagon with occasional use of one of those will do major damage to your lips. they are very moisturising!

ETA: thank you everybody for the thanks. i was on the fence about speaking up (since i was admitting to being bad), but i wanted to share in case it helped somebody....
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hey - that what we are all here to do right? Help each other.Smile

If the product does still work successfully for you, though slower, even when you "cheat" I think that is excellent info for us all to know. Very Happy

As long as people know it can affect their result speed etc. and plan accordingly - which you did address. I think the info is very helpful!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Great points La Vie - thank you for posting that. I really think it put a nice perspective on using the L2K system. I spent $50 on LipFusion XL, which barely worked, and the first purchase of L2K was $80, with subsquent replenishing of the 3 major treatment products being less expensive.

Is L2K worth $30 than LipFusion XL? Ab-SO-lutely, but that's just MHO! For the first time in weeks, I wore lip liner and lipstick with gloss today, because I had a job interview and had to be "fully done" and dressed like a professional. My lips feel like they have more volume even though I have been so bad about applying product all day long; so bad, in fact, I think I need to start over and be more diligent! But, even with not following the program to the letter, I can tell my lips are in better shape than before.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:00 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl -- kudos to you for seeing *any* improvement in that clime! i swear that the dryness in los angeles wreaked havoc on my lips and skin -- or maybe i've just finally adjusted to the humidity of paris. it reminded me, though, something i forgot to ask/mention....

is there something in the ingredients that pulls moisture into the lips, like HA? my lips were starting to look a little pathetic in L.A., but perked up so much upon my return to france that it made me wonder about this.... (then again, there was also fear of surgery and the surgery itself, so maybe that's what just trashed everything. like i said, just curious.)
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
There are a few ingredients in the treatment products that pull moisture from the air and help it adhere to the lips tissue better and absorb. HA is a large portion of the formulation of the treatments, but a few other ingredients in there do similar.

So if you are in a humid location, your results will be more apparent then a dry location. Which thrills me; because it is winter and dry where I am right now, summers are brutally humid. So I hope to see good results in summer. Wink

A bit of clarity on the color products. I muddled it a bit. Wink Sorry.

On Gloss it is a day treatment. So if using it, no need to apply the other treatment products at the same time, until after you get home. (though you certainly can do so)
At which time you can use the treatments instead of the gloss.

On the Penitratable color, the clear portion is both a moisturizer AND a treatment also. Not just a glosser. I did not make that clear.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Just commenting on the dry/humid Q by La Vie - I was in Lake Tahoe (very, very dry) and had a dreadful time keeping my lips hydrated. I was constantly reapplying due to dehydration (inside and out) and could barely drink enough water there. So, the theory definitely merits attention.

Once I returned home (even from a recent trip to NY, which was cold and windy), my lips went back to normal again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Not sure this is a worthwhile tip or not but I'll throw it out there. I realized I was paying more attention to my top lip due to the lines so I decided when applying to the bottom lip to go beyond the border of the bottom lip instead of putting most of the product on the bottom lip where I tended to peel. I think I'm getting some results on the bottom now as I'm getting that little ridge that I got along the top lip when it begins to plump. Yeahhhh.

The weather discussion is interesting as Kandis told me something very similar in an email. The altitude makes a big difference also.

kimberly
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Wow...the b/f last night after not seeing him for a few days said as soon as I got in the car last night on the way to dinner (yum had Thai Very Happy ) Your lips look so much better! I was like..I know! Very Happy

It's working and I'm starting to really trust the system.

Only thing is, I forgot my NG at home today!!! All I have is the LC and the LG, is there a method I can apply those two? LC wait 15 sec and then LG?

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
you are not supposed to use the cream at all without the Glaze chaser.

You can use the gold only. Thats what I would do.

Hey- Congrats on the BF friend noticing! Yippee!!!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I do apply all products Over/past upper and lower lip edge.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
That's wonderful Aries. I'm very excited to hear your bf noticed. Even better *maybe* that the lips feel better.

Someday I'd like to see Kandis offer the glaze in a larger tube. Or maybe offer two with the initial set. I realize she's got a lot of $ tied up in the business as yet but in the future that may be something to do. I think people panic when they see how much and how quickly they go through the glaze.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
actually, i tend to use more of the cream than the glaze. when i started using more of that (rather than the other way around) is when i got the most benefit. i know, i know -- my lips are weird....
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I agree Blue!!!! I go through the glaze faster then all other products. I am going to need to order more glaze soon.

I am hoping she adds more glosses soon, so I can order a new gloss and an extra glaze. Since current colors are just not quite what I want.

The gloss can replace the glaze also for day use. (used alone)

The paperwork from K, stressed not to use the Cream unless you also follow with the Glaze. So that is why I personally would not do that. I am not sure the reasoning. But she stressed it a few times.

I agree the cream is good, and should be applyed liberally. But "normally" it looks like the Glaze chaser is the prefered option for that product anyway.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:

The gloss can replace the glaze also for day use. (used alone)

The paperwork from K, stressed not to use the Cream unless you also follow with the Glaze. So that is why I personally would not do that. I am not sure the reasoning. But she stressed it a few times.

I kinda' missed that! Not that I was applying LC without following with the Glaze, but this is new to me Shock.

Anyway, I have a question. During the day, while at work, i've been using K's gloss only. Today, however, i brough with me both the LC and the LG - planning on doing the following:

LC (15 sec) - LG (15 sec) - lipgloss (20 min) - lipgloss (20 min) - lipgloss (20 min)
And than start from the beginning.

I think Tangal you said glosses were very close to the NG, so I just assumed I could use the same routine, only replacing the Glaze with the gloss.

What do you think?

R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
R - You are correct based on my previous post. But I was wrong. Smile

This is what I received from Kandis on email last night to clarify.

I formulated the lipglosses to be worn alone, by themselves.

If someone wants to use the LC and LG and NG, they shouldn't waste their lipglosses by applying those over the gloss. Have them use the treatment or use the lipgloss.

They CAN apply those things over it, but that's wasting it.

For women who cannot be without color, or who want color, then they should be using the lipglosses.

Here is the ideal for a working woman or any woman that is out in public and beginning her lip rejuvenation process, that can't or won't go without color: wear her lipgloss all day, applying twice an hour when possible.

When she arrives home from work and up until she does her nightly treatment, she can do her treatment: whichever one she chooses: LC + LG + NG, NG, NG repeat / or LC + NG,NG,NG, repeat / or LG + NG, NG, NG repeat.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Lately, I've been applying the LC and rubbing it in all the way, then reapplying another LC dose, waiting the 15 seconds, applying LG and then doing the blowdryer, then applying NG. I hope doing this extra LC step won't change my results.

I simply love the feel of these products. They just feel so hydrating without being sticky, oily, greasy, etc. I apply the LC and think "Oh, this is my favorite of the 3," then I put on the LG and think "Nope, its this one I like better." By the time I get to the NC, I'm thinking "Nah, this one is even better than the other 2!"

My feeling is, even if I got no plumping results at all, that these products are probably the best possible thing I can put on my lips as far as lip health is concerned. I just wish I could find something I love as much for my entire face! Imagine if Kandis made an eye product that produced like the L2K? If I could get my skin and eye area as hydrated as my lips feel, I'd be in heaven!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |