Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
i saw the swatches - but i was having trouble enlarging them, and i would love to see what the look like/how the swatches translate on actual lips - thanks Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
can anyone who has either (or both!) of the glosses post some pics to get a sense of the colors? scala - i think you said you ordered both, right? hmmm, i just read through this whole post (over a few days though, man it is long!), and am quite curious to try. but, since i have a friend's wedding coming up in a couple of months, and can't be all peely for that, i think i'll stick with the cheaper option of carekate's products for now, see how those work, and then reevaluate post-wedding Smile

I do have both and will post comparison pics a little later (after a shower, ha). Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
well this is Sexy Mama on me. May look different on Scallawag. I think she has more color to her lips normally then I do.

Do keep in mind, I have a medium Self Tanner on my face. So my facial skin is actually on the medium side, not my normal pale tone.(normal skin type 2, wears lightest Fair foundations, some Ivory foundations also)

So the gloss looks lighter here, then it probably will be on a lighter skin type.

The foundation color is Covergirl Outlast Soft Honey. (a medium warm tone)

If your lips are paler or darker, that will affect results.

On my pale skin my lips are darker, then they appear here. When "tanned" my lips are normally lighter then surrounding skin, but they are actually starting to recolor more, and get darker. (yeah!!)

Lips no color:

Lips Sexy Mama two coats:

Drama Queen is basically a clear gloss with a little of a opalesscence/pearl effect.

Drama Queen Gloss, two coats:
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
How does Lips2kiss compare with Carekate's lip products?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tangal, I'm going for the sexy mama, it's just what I am looking for.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
sorry HappyHippie, never used Carekates line, so can't compare.

But this is my 30 days results with L2K. Not dramatic, but a start. On the L2K site most dramatic changes were at 60, and 90 days mark. Some longer.

Before:

After:
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reminder, Tangal! Okay, here are the pics with Drama Queen and Sexy Mama - both of which I love!!! SM is like your lips but better (as someone else noted) and DQ is a soft, pretty look w/just a touch of shimmer. Pics taken w/2 coats of gloss:

Naked lips:

Drama Queen:

Sexy Mama:

Sexy Mama w/a coat of Drama Queen on top:

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I like to do the Sexy Mama with a Drama Queen topper also. Wink
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Nice photos ladies. Scally, were your lips always that pink/red and how much credit do you give to the system for the color? Darn, I wish I had the SM, that would be perfect for me now.

kimberly
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Nice photos ladies. Scally, were your lips always that pink/red and how much credit do you give to the system for the color? Darn, I wish I had the SM, that would be perfect for me now.

kimberly

Nope, they weren't! I give all the credit to pinking up to L2K. Smile As a matter of fact, I knew it was working when I didn't worry about just wearing the LC/NG combo out and about for work. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've been following these posts about the L2K system. I have been using it myself for 3 weeks and have noticed some results, i.e. minor plumping, but I need more time! I really wanted to see the lipgloss colors on the forum, but for some reason cannot view the photos on page 32. Can anyone help? Thanks! Aprile
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile- Heres clickable links. You can't see them side by side, but it will help some.

Lips Before, No color:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/tangal/lips2crop.jpg

Lips After 30 Days, no color
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/tangal/30day.jpg

Drama Queen Color
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/tangal/DQlips.jpg

Sexy Mama Color
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/tangal/SMlip.jpg
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hey ladies. Just got an email from Kandis and she's now offering liner brushes for the glosses (you dip the brush on the applicator to remove color instead of dipping it directly). They should be up on the site soon, if not already. You may have to browse the categories to find them as I haven't looked for them yet.

I wondered about this because from my pics, I wasn't very careful so it looked a bit sloppy. The brushes should really help with that. Smile

Oh, and for those wondering, here's my before dated 10/11/06 and today's for comparison:

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
thanks SG!
linda123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies

I have been using the system for about a month, my lips look great, plumper and healthier but the penetrable color honestly doesn't look as good and as smooth as lipstick would. I would appreciate any insights you can give me.

Linda
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
linda123 wrote:
Ladies

I have been using the system for about a month, my lips look great, plumper and healthier but the penetrable color honestly doesn't look as good and as smooth as lipstick would. I would appreciate any insights you can give me.

Linda

Linda, when I use the penetrable color, I make sure to use the Lip Cream, let absorb, then repeat before applying the color. I only use one coat of the color (any more and it will not stick right). Let dry and then make sure to keep the glaze on religiously. Smile Also, after eating, I wipe my lips with my finger moistened with water to remove any particles - then more glaze.

HTH,
Tricia

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Tricia

Thanks for your quick response. So 2 coats of lip cream, how long do you wait for it to absorb. Would you say the color then looks great? Do you reapply color during the day or start over?

Linda
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
linda123 wrote:
Tricia

Thanks for your quick response. So 2 coats of lip cream, how long do you wait for it to absorb. Would you say the color then looks great? Do you reapply color during the day or start over?

Linda

It takes about 15 seconds to absorb well. This really helps me start a nice, soft base for the color. Regarding reapplication, that depends on how much eating/drinking I've done. If a lot, then I wipe as noted with moistened finger or with a wet paper towel, then reapply lip cream and then color. I've had times when it's necessary to reapply and others where I've worn the color all night long with no loss (but much drinking - chuckle).

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Tricia

I don't mean to be a pain in the you know what - and I do have an 800# if you feel like calling me, but are we saying one half hour total for cream to absorb and then how does the color look afterwards, really great?

Linda
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
linda123 wrote:
Tricia

I don't mean to be a pain in the you know what - and I do have an 800# if you feel like calling me, but are we saying one half hour total for cream to absorb and then how does the color look afterwards, really great?

Linda

It's 15 seconds for each application.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the pictures of the gloss colors, girls. It's nice to compare the two. I think I want both.

And, double thanks for the updates!! I definately see some smoothing and plumping!

Do any of you guys find that you are just peeling in the middle to the inside of the lips (towards the mouth, eh.. does that make sense?)? The outter part of my lip doesn't peel. And, just a teeny bit o me upper lip. (The very middle the little circle part.)

I got the system minus the exfol, with hopes to save money in the future. I'm going to keep at it as long as I can because my lips feel great. I don't even feel like cheating. Saves me money from buying too many dif lip products. (Which I've packaged all up,and burried under the sink) Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Zumlya,
The first week I peeled it was all over. Now when I tend to peel it's usually the area in you were describing. Very little peeling in the upper lip for me. It's time for me to replace my glaze and it's been three weeks.

kimberly
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
It's time for me to replace my glaze and it's been three weeks.

You go through your Glaze in just 3 weeks? Wow, that's fast. I think I am not going as fast through my components (LC, LG, & NG), because i use lipgloss only for most of the day on most of the days (you know what I mean, I hope Embarassed).
I am definitely going to finish my Exfol first Shock !!! I exfoliate 2/day and given the severity of the peeling I've been experiencing pretty much since the day 1 of being on the system - I have to exfoliate a LOT!!.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby,
I'm being very generous with the glaze now. Believe it or not, I just opened my second exfol tonight and it's been 9 weeks...maybe 10.

kimberly
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Your naked lips are fabulous Scalawaggirl.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |