Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Are the ingredients now listed on the items?
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:
...and exfoliating doesn't really get them off because they're still adhered to my lips so I have a tendency to pick at them Mad

Shame on you NO PICKING!!! Shame on you
(and call Kandis)

I know..I'm bad Confused

Another queston. Are the sides of anyone mouths dry? I was literally apply the NG all over my lips, and on the sides too and I'm thinking the NG is making the sides of my lips dry and peel like the same process it's doing to my lips. It doesn't hurt, but it's quite uncomfortable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Another queston. Are the sides of anyone mouths dry? I was literally apply the NG all over my lips, and on the sides too and I'm thinking the NG is making the sides of my lips dry and peel like the same process it's doing to my lips. It doesn't hurt, but it's quite uncomfortable.

i apply the cream everywhere, but not the glaze. i'd lay off the LG outside your lip line and stick with the LC. you might be chapping your skin with too much moisture....
linda123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Question for you:

Do any of you use all the treatments products but regular lipstick during the day? If so, what's happening? Are you seeing an improvement? I have been on the system for 2 months, my lips look great, but honestly they look better with lipstick than with Kandis' liquid lipstick. Would appreciate feedback.

Linda
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:

i apply the cream everywhere, but not the glaze. i'd lay off the LG outside your lip line and stick with the LC. you might be chapping your skin with too much moisture....

Thanks Cam Very Happy

I figured that what it was and stop doing that yesterday. I apply the LC everywhere, but with the LG and NG I'll stick with just the lips.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:
...and exfoliating doesn't really get them off because they're still adhered to my lips so I have a tendency to pick at them Mad

Shame on you NO PICKING!!! Shame on you
(and call Kandis)

I know..I'm bad Confused

Julie, how's your hydration otherwise? I mean, is your body dehydrated? I know we all are dehydrated to an extent, but you might think about laying off all caffiene (acts as a diuretic) and upping your water intake. Also, take HA supplements if you are not already doing so. I'm taking them in an effort to get less dehydrated. Maybe they will help your lips with the peeling?

And Cam is right - NO PICKING! If I were there, I'd tape your hands to your sides! Picking is awfully tempting, but its just so bad for your lips!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I know..I can't help it. I've been a picker since I can remember...lip picker..nose picker..whatever Laughing

I know pickings bad and I've really stopped, just that a few times the temptation's a bit overwhelming and well...I JUST HAVE TO DO IT!Anyhow, I may be dehydrated a little, but honestly I think it's from slabbing on the NG, I know other times my lips were really bad and the sides never got this dry or ashy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kandis is a remarkable business woman. I have rarely seen so much integrity in sticking by a product. Her customer service is par none.

I ordered another system to have with me around the house. Having just had the baby 4 months ago (the 26th) I'm wearing stretchy pants till I can fit into my jeans again-so no pockets, so I'll carry it in a little pouch.

Even though I wasn't as consistant as I should have been, I have still seen some benefit in my lips. Especially my upper one-it seems more fluffy around the lip line. Now if I can just minimize these two 'knife' lip lines above my lips and increase the fullness I will be ecstatic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Today, my lips look more pink, more moisturized, more soft, and even more PLUMPED!!! It's been only 9 days.

Shock Shock Shock
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
soccermominsd wrote:
... no pockets, so I'll carry it in a little pouch. ...

You guys, I've done a bit of sewing in my past (theatrical costumes, reupholstering things like sofas, chairs, etc. - I actually started out in college as a design major!) and am thinking of whipping up a little pouch of some sort that can be clipped to the waistline of pants/skirts, etc. that I can carry my L2K products in (as I'm having a heck of a time remembering to carry them with me and use them every 30 minutes!). Something cute that'll look like a small purse. I will let you guys know what I come up with ...
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
The email offer is amazing! The Customer Care is indeed fab.
I've been emailing Kandis asking numerous questions/queries and she has always come back to me quickly and answered them all! Must drive her nuts as I'm sure we all ask the same things LOL! But she is genuinly interested!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Got really excited today. My bottom lip started peeling!!!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:32 am      Reply with quote
linda123 wrote:
Do any of you use all the treatments products but regular lipstick during the day? If so, what's happening? Are you seeing an improvement? I have been on the system for 2 months, my lips look great, but honestly they look better with lipstick than with Kandis' liquid lipstick. Would appreciate feedback.

sorry it took so long to get back to you. most people using this system are being faithful. i am one of the daytime cheaters. not every day, but often enough that i had to 'fess up earlier in the thread.

if you are inclined to cheat as well, i'd recommend using a very high quality moisturising lipstick in your moments of madness. this will minimise the somewhat detrimental effects of not using the system exclusively. be aware, however, that your lips will take longer to rejuvenate and for you to reach lips2kiss nirvana. you also should return to the system when you get home after thoroughly washing your lipstick off.

and, while i have to agree that regular lipstick *does* look better than Kandis' system, i've finally made nice-nice with it and have found myself using it more often. i currently own Monterrey Mauve and Napa Wine. both colours loaded on fully look wretched, very harsh. i feel they age me greatly, that "perfect" lip. some people can get away with it (scalawaggirl comes to mind -- bless her heart, everything looks gorgeous on her), but i can't.

someone very early on (i cannot remember who -- sorry) came up with the idea of diluting the colour product with the lip cream. so thats what i do. slather the lip cream on my lips first and let it sink in. then on my finger, i make a mixture of the mauve, wine, and a little more lip cream and dab it on until im satisfied with the colour and coverage. this acts to make it more of a stain rather than a lipstick and looks like i have very naturally rosy lips (which i don't). it doesn't stay on quite as long, but i don't mind having to reapply as it looks quite good.

i, for one, am anxiously awaiting the new colours Kandis is coming out with in her colour system. they seem to work better than any stain i've tried and don't dry out your lips the way most do. i am also hoping that there may be a way to layer her new gloss colours over the regular system (instead of the glaze) to get that very kissable look and perfect colour.

HTH
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Hey, La Vie, you're kind but oh, so mistaken! The Napa Wine and Monterey Mauve are two of the colors that are very difficult for me to wear. It's the Sonoma Sun that I love but that's because it's a very warm color. With the other two, I HAVE to tone them down. In fact, I accidentally put MM on thinking it was SS but it was too late to change it. So, I layered Pacific Pearl over and then the liquid gloss stuff (can't remember the name but what you're supposed to use w/the colors). It looked really pretty even though I am an obvious warm-toned person.

I always slather on the Lip Cream before and let it absorb well before putting on any color as it seems to prepare the lips very well for holding on. Your practice about mixing down w/the cream is also very good. Have you checked out the Drama Queen lip gloss? It's a perfect "your lip color" but more color - gorgeous. I do also hope that we can put the glosses on top of the color because they are so pretty AND can't wait for the new colors to come out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I find for me the tinted glosses work better then the penitratable colors.

So though I don't wear color every day, when I do wear it, I generally prefer the gloss. They are a moistier product going on and sheerer, though a few coats does build color a bit, and they look very natural. very easy to apply compared to the Penitratable colors.

Looking forweard to more colors in this line.

If useing the penitratable color, I apply some lip cream first then a light layer of Penitratable color immediately over the top, this does help. I have the Napa wine, which I just cannot make work for me at all. Its to cool for me.
I also have the Sonoma, and have much better results with that one. Smile I am also warm toned.

However gloss is still my personal favorite. I agree thew Drama Queen is lovely!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Hey, La Vie, you're kind but oh, so mistaken! The Napa Wine and Monterey Mauve are two of the colors that are very difficult for me to wear. It's the Sonoma Sun that I love but that's because it's a very warm color.

no no no. i wasn't talking about the colour. (i've found that my extreme paleness and pinkness puts me in a distinct minority!) i was talking about your ability to put on the colour (yes, it was Sonoma) to it's full extent and still have luscious looking lips -- that's all. i'd have think the Napa *would* look awful on you, but MM mixed with SS would be a great spring colour for you IMO.

while i agree with Tangal on the glosses, i'm just not willing to put on several layers. (i'm just not a gloss girl and even the glaze kind of annoys me.) nor have i checked out the Drama Queen because it look like a frosted pearl which is *so* not me. i have Sexy Mama.... oh, i have a feeling i am going to be screwed when the new colours initially come out! (to be read as i'm the only one who voted for the colours i need.) i like colour; i need colour! pale bores me and washes out my face. i need bold, daring, berry-dripped lips. and anything with warmth makes me look like a clown.... as i said, i'm screwed. going off to sulk now in the corner with my little white-pink face.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
Hey, La Vie, you're kind but oh, so mistaken! The Napa Wine and Monterey Mauve are two of the colors that are very difficult for me to wear. It's the Sonoma Sun that I love but that's because it's a very warm color.

no no no. i wasn't talking about the colour. (i've found that my extreme paleness and pinkness puts me in a distinct minority!) i was talking about your ability to put on the colour (yes, it was Sonoma) to it's full extent and still have luscious looking lips -- that's all. i'd have think the Napa *would* look awful on you, but MM mixed with SS would be a great spring colour for you IMO.

while i agree with Tangal on the glosses, i'm just not willing to put on several layers. (i'm just not a gloss girl and even the glaze kind of annoys me.) nor have i checked out the Drama Queen because it look like a frosted pearl which is *so* not me. i have Sexy Mama.... oh, i have a feeling i am going to be screwed when the new colours initially come out! (to be read as i'm the only one who voted for the colours i need.) i like colour; i need colour! pale bores me and washes out my face. i need bold, daring, berry-dripped lips. and anything with warmth makes me look like a clown.... as i said, i'm screwed. going off to sulk now in the corner with my little white-pink face.

Ah! Now, I get it little white-pink faced girl. Laughing I meant the Sexy Mama - not Drama Queen, which is a frost, sorry. I'm also in trouble when the new colors come out and did the same as you - picked what I wanted. Ha. Here's the Monterey Mauve w/Pacific Pearl overlay - after a day of work:

Worked out pretty well but I'm like you, have to be careful what I wear or I would look like a white-orange faced freak.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
darn I meant the Sexy mama also! LOL The product with the berry/pinkish color. Not the clearish frost.

I only need about two layers of this, not tons of them. Smile But it does have less dark depth compared to the P. colors. I agree.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
wern't we supposed to pick "what we wanted" ? Thats what I did also...I am confused.....
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
wern't we supposed to pick "what we wanted" ? Thats what I did also...I am confused.....

yes. we were.... i was just saying i was screwed because i thought everybody was going for the real girly pale colours because you both said you liked Drama Queen! perhaps we'll all be happy after all Laughing (and no offense meant to Drama Queen fans -- the real thing or the colour)

Scally, do me a favour. try my little mix trick with MM and SS. then you can give me a really big smooch!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
ahhh I see. Well I MEANT Sexy Mama. LOL

But no, I did not pick pale girly colors at all. LOL

I picked some neutral ones for sure, but they were also darker.

Hopefully their will be some that everyone likes. I wonder if Kandis knows yet which she will have out first????
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

Scally, do me a favour. try my little mix trick with MM and SS. then you can give me a really big smooch!

You got it! I'll put that on in a bit after I get done with my household to-do list. Ugh. That might be an interesting combo and I'm wondering whether to put the MM on first or vice-versa.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I pretty much can go either way on color/no color since I've started the system. I, too, like the darker shades when it comes down to it, since the rest of my face usually looks washed out. I have the Napa wine, and have been wanting the Monteray. I was waiting to see if any of my gloss colors got picked first. I picked the 9747 family colors. http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dcsn2zv7_3dh7kf8&revision=_published

I'd love to see you guys messing around with the colors. I wish I could join in, but I'm not as brave as some of you guys. I tried taking close up of my lips, I guess I need a better camera (or a better face).

I did cheat once, with the Julie Hewitt noir lipstick. (I couldn't help it)

I was using a different exfoliator for awhile, and went back to L2Ks. It feels like, to me, there's something in there helping the plumping process when I blowdry. Is this true?

I also read you mentioned that she will be coming out with more products for the face. That sounds great! Is she planning on listing the ingredients on those?

So, I'm reaching the end of my 2nd month now, and I am very pleased with the system, and will continue. I don't have Angelina Jolie lips. I know it was unreal expectations, but a girl can dream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have just ordered the colour (M Mauve) and Kandis emailed me the following application method for a softer look - will let you know how it works when I get it. Very Happy

"You want to re-read the instructions and hold the wand so lightly that if I were standing beside you, I could pull it right from your fingers. that's the touch you use. You make a sweeping motion from side to side on the bottom lip and on the top you begin in the middle and sweep down and then up. When you first practice, wipe the applicator against the tube as you're pulling it out of the container. Start on the bottom, sweep one side to the other and back. Re-dip, do the top as I've outlined above. Remember this, when you have your color ON, it should feel almost the same as when you are wearing the products from your system. If it doesn't feel like that, then you have too much on, or your lips need more moisture in them."

She also mentions using the Pacific Pearl after the color but before the glaze to soften the whole look.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:

You got it! I'll put that on in a bit after I get done with my household to-do list. Ugh. That might be an interesting combo and I'm wondering whether to put the MM on first or vice-versa.

be brave! be messy! use your finger as a palette and mix them together *before* they touch your lips. and, just for the hell of it, soften it up a bit with the lip cream.... i have faith in you.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |