Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
KANDIS
5% products discount

Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Hey Carrie darlin' - the blow drying/warm air issue: Do you happen to recall on the first page of my site, when I tell everyone that what I share with you is drastically different from anything and everything you probably believe and or have ever read?

To my knowledge, there isn't another system anywhere, that assists to interrupt the lips' aging process, then assists to reverse whatever aging has occured, and then prevent further aging from taking place. In the process, your lips become healthy, revitalized, rejuvenated and continually hydrated. One of the many benefits are fuller lips, but I'd say the most important benefit to many women is eliminating the wrinkles above their lips and ensuring they don't return. The heat Carrie is essential with the 9 different technologies in my system and the way they work synergistically one with another. To completely eliminate wrinkles above the lips, the warm air is critical.

Now let me ask a question: can anyone explain how electricity works? If not (I certainly can't), does that invalidate it or somehow make it less because we can't? Should we not use it because we don't understand how or why it works? I don't mean to be cynical sweetheart- please forgive me if I am. The heat? It just works. (I have my opinions, but what really matters is that the warm air is not harmful and it's a vital part of the system). Now . . .
I wouldn't recommend doing it with other products as that could be detrimental, but no other products are like mine. (Remember this adage: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

KANDIS
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
KANDIS wrote:
The heat Carrie is essential with the 9 different technologies in my system and the way they work synergistically one with another.

I don't think people are asking for ingredients, but a little more background on what heat does for the system.

It's not a huge point for me, but I guess it would've been interesting to hear if heats 'sets' the product, or 'initiates' a chemical reaction, or something.

For example, pH is the reason I wait 30 minutes before applying anything else when I'm using mandelic acid. If someone just told me, wait 30 minutes - I'm sure I'd think more is better and wait 60 minutes, or go the other way and think 15 minutes is better to increase activity. Knowing why we need heat goes a long way to understanding what's happening.

5% products discount

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
The warm air facilitates faster and deeper penetration of the products, in light of the fact the products are void of any ingredient(s) which would block or prevent absorption into the tissues.

KANDIS
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
KANDIS wrote:
The warm air facilitates faster and deeper penetration of the products, in light of the fact the products are void of any ingredient(s) which would block or prevent absorption into the tissues.

KANDIS

Thank you – that’s all I wanted to know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
KANDIS wrote:

KANDIS

Thanks Kandis! Perfect! So, that helps with another question.

I assumed the 90 seconds was to dry the LG so I've been using the dryer longer on days when it seemed a little tacky ... maybe I've been applying too much LG? Or should I continue with the dryer "IF" it seems a little tacky?

5% products discount

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
It's supposed to still be tacky - (the Lgold after the 90 seconds of heat) When you apply your NG, your lips should feel 'warm'.

Using heat for a bit longer won't hurt at all. I generally do.

KANDIS
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
KANDIS wrote:
It's supposed to still be tacky - (the Lgold after the 90 seconds of heat) When you apply your NG, your lips should feel 'warm'.

Using heat for a bit longer won't hurt at all. I generally do.

KANDIS

I love this step and can tell when they're done because they get a tingle to them. It feels really cozy. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I too like the hairdrying step. It makes me feel like I'm really activating the products and getting them to absorb faster/better.

Quick update - Ever since I have been using the color system, my lips are no longer parched. They still peel slightly, but I don't even notice it much since I'm keeping them so moist. Also, my lips are appearing fuller by the day! Now I just have to wait for those little lines to catch on but I'm positive they are on their way. Dancing
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tamgirl,

I've been using Kandis' system exclusively for 25 days now. Today, I really noticed a difference in the fullness of my lips--I really love how they look today. I think that if I covered up the top half of my face--I could pass for 29!! lol

I've been using my Sexy Mama lip color during the day and even that is looking better on my newly plumped lips. It's almost as if the color looks like it's one with my lips--rather than sitting on top (if that helps explain it). Anyway, I am so delighted! I am giving my sister most of my waxy feeeling lip products-with the exception of a few of my fave NARS glosses..which I think I will be able to use at some future point--if I understand correctly!

When my Christmas budget expands, I want to try a few of the other colors that you girls have mentioned!!

This and my JM Age Intervention Eyelash Serum have become my two HG products!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks hollywood and Tamgirl for the update. It's fun hearing how everyone else is doing. I'm on my sixteenth day and do see some differences. Tamgirl, how long have you been using? I'm noticing some differences in the lines at the top border of my lip. I did order the line serum so I will let you all know what I think once I get going with it.

kimberly
who likes the blowdrying step too.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't going to post for at least another month but after reading everyone's updates ... I'm really not seeing any changes.

I saw a huge (temporary) change Saturday morning - then for 2 more mornings my lips were plump when I woke up.

But my lips seem very "back to normal" the last couple of days. I haven't cheated and, in fact, since I'm home I use the LG/hair dryer during the day too.

I don't have lips wrinkles so I'm wondering if my lips were already plump?

I'm sort of disappointed right now but I'll keep up. BTW, I like the blow dryer (because I'm always cold) but the 90 second thing kills me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez - Laughing Yeah the 90 seconds thing gets me too. I've started watching tv while I do it and just keep an eye on the time. Once 2 min has passed I stop. I was counting before but that got old fast!

Also, I wouldn't get too discouraged. As Kandis mentioned, she's never seen anyone rejuvinate their lips in less than 2 months, except the one young girl. I think it's just a very slow, gradual process. The rest of us are probably seeing something because our lips weren't in as good of shape as yours.

BluesHeart - Tonight makes #14 for me, so we're about on the same page! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I saw a huge (temporary) change Saturday morning - then for 2 more mornings my lips were plump when I woke up.
FYI - everyone's lips look plumpest early in the morning so that really isn't a good barometer of whether or not a lip plumping product is working. I'm not sure WHY this is -- maybe it has something to do with the fluid temporarily collecting in your lip tissue when you're laying horizonital from sleeping?! -- but even those who aren't using lip plumping products should take a good look at their lips first thing in the morning and see if they don't appear to be fuller....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:53 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I'm not sure WHY this is -- maybe it has something to do with the fluid temporarily collecting in your lip tissue when you're laying horizonital from sleeping?! -- but even those who aren't using lip plumping products should take a good look at their lips first thing in the morning and see if they don't appear to be fuller....

and it all goes down after your first pee....
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:54 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
carekate wrote:
I'm not sure WHY this is -- maybe it has something to do with the fluid temporarily collecting in your lip tissue when you're laying horizonital from sleeping?! -- but even those who aren't using lip plumping products should take a good look at their lips first thing in the morning and see if they don't appear to be fuller....

Damn, you're RIGHT!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
carekate wrote:

Nice morning conversation! This will go over well in my house as I ask my hubby ... "I just pee'd, do my lips look smaller?"

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the system for 10 days so far. I can't say that I have seen any plumping yet but I am 60+ so I guess it will take a while longer sigh...
My lips are seriously peeling though, big flakes! it is driving me crazy, I just want to slather my old lip balm over them!! However I am going to persevere in hopes of getting some of the results shown on Kandiss's website.
Ricky
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
rickyhpierre wrote:
I have been using the system for 10 days so far. I can't say that I have seen any plumping yet but I am 60+ so I guess it will take a while longer sigh...
My lips are seriously peeling though, big flakes! it is driving me crazy, I just want to slather my old lip balm over them!! However I am going to persevere in hopes of getting some of the results shown on Kandiss's website.
Ricky

Make sure you apply the LG as often as needed...several times an hour if so. I started doing that when I was having the horrible peeling and it really helped. Now I don't have to apply it nearly as much either. Of course removing other lip products outside this system was a big factor as well. Good luck and hang in there! Very Happy
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kandis,

What do you recommend when drinking a lot? I drink a lot of coffee and tea - of course it removes your product. I usually end up applying more cream, then night glaze.

What do others do? I notice I get really irritated from I realize I'm thirsty but i've just applied a layer of NG.

5% products discount

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
RJEZ - USE A STRAW - THEN IT (coffee/tea) WON'T STAIN YOUR TEETH EITHER.

Don't have time now - remind me later and I'll share a little secret with you about your teeth that I've been doing for over 20 years. (If you think blow drying your lips is crazy - wait till you hear this!)

Gotta run

KANDIS
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
[quote
Make sure you apply the LG as often as needed...several times an hour if so. I started doing that when I was having the horrible peeling and it really helped. Now I don't have to apply it nearly as much either. Of course removing other lip products outside this system was a big factor as well. Good luck and hang in there! Very Happy

Thanks TAM I will take your advice, anything for better lips, Kandiss: I am willing to be patient and go with your system. Now please please tell us about the teeth!!!

Ricky
littlescooby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Good evening everyone

I am not currently using the L2K system. I do plan to buy myself the kit after christmas (er....slightly over budget this month what with christmas shopping & new skincare products)

However, I have been reading this thread with interest, especially the 'hairdrying function' I don't know about anyone else - but my hairdryer (parlux 3000) weighs a ton ! I have just spent the day christmas shopping (yet again!) and popped into MUJI to buy a few extra cards. I noticed that they had an awesome minuture hair dryer,not your usual travel sized compact hairdryer but the most diddy little weightless hairdryer that I have ever seen. I made a mental note to myself to go back & purchase one when I have ordered the L2K system

I thought that other L2K users would find this adorablebit of kit quite handy in preventing severe armache

Laughing

....forgot to check out the price, but as Muji is pretty reasonable on the purse I doubt it would be more that a few pounds
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
KANDIS wrote:

Don't have time now - remind me later and I'll share a little secret with you about your teeth that I've been doing for over 20 years. (If you think blow drying your lips is crazy - wait till you hear this!)

Gotta run

KANDIS

using straws frequently causes lip wrinkles. it's the same lip/mouth motion as smoking.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
KANDIS wrote:

Gotta run

KANDIS

using straws frequently causes lip wrinkles. it's the same lip/mouth motion as smoking.

Actually, I don't think it's the motion as much as the collagen breakdown that causes wrinkles. It shows up in the places we crinkle but the outcome is due to losing collagen as we age or not producing well to begin with.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl--it does, that's why even younger smokers tend to have worst lip lines. It's a repeated motion, just like wrinkling your forehead cause more lines. of course the breakdown of collagen is a factor also.

from an article about avoiding wrinkles:
http://www.lindisima.com/beauty/avoid-wrinkles.htm

Quote:
5- No straws. Dr. Brandt (the creator of the famous cosmetics line) told Allure magazine that using straws for drinking might also cause wrinkles around the mouth. Therefore, sip directly from the bottle or a glass.

from http://www.reneerouleau.com/Advice/Article.aspx?CID=Anti-AgingSolutions&AID=FineLinesandWrinkles

Quote:
Avoid drinking out of straws - We know that sun exposure causes lines and wrinkles, but they are also caused by facial expressions. (Think of smiling as the cause of crow’s feet around the eyes.) When drinking from a straw, pursing your lips causes unnecessary lines and wrinkles around the mouth. If you're concerned about your appearance, drinking directly from the glass is a much better option. Save that expression for kissing!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |