Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



StriVectin Instant Revitalizing Mask (90 ml / 3 floz) Decleor Prolagene Lift, Lift & Firm Day Cream - Normal Skin (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
KANDIS
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 26
Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:52 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 and Rjez - That is correct - your night glaze is not to be applied over your color as it will break the color down. Also sweetheart - that's great how you figured out about the color. Just remember to apply your glaze over the color often. When you eat or snack, also remember to take a damp napkin or tissue and lightly go over your lips to remove the unseen food residue. Then you can either re-apply a bit more or just apply your glaze. If you don't do this, your color will start to feel grainy and break down because you will have trapped the food residue between the color and glaze (on top of the color and under the glaze).

You mentioned your lipcolor system "staining" the lips; well actually darlin', except for the Monterey Mauve (because of the color pigments in it there might be a slight bit of staining, but just slight) other than the MM however, they really don't stain, but instead they "bond" to your lip surface. Right now, they may be bonding to the water and the HA in your lip cream, as they are the 1st and 2nd ingredients in it. The more conditioned your lips become, the longer it will wear. It is critical to keep applying glaze (your glaze for color not your NG) over it. You will get to where your lips don't require as much hydration once they've reached the point of saturation, but ALWAYS apply your glaze twice an hour over your color. This is really critical, (applying your products twice an hour, whether you are wearing the lipcolor system or doing the lipcare system) in totally eliminating and preventing wrinkles above your lips. Oh - TAMgirl, once your lips are totally rejuvenated, please let me know how long your color wears when you apply the cream underneath. (My studies showed, that if NC is applied to rejuvenated lips prior to applying the color, the NC prevents the color from wearing very long).

Ok Rjez, your turn. Yes, quite honestly, exfoliating twice a day is too much, unless you are peeling substantially. One of my testers in Las Vegas exfoliates twice a day, but she has been testing for me the past 4 years, so her lips are fully rejuvenated. Try to hold off honey and exfoliate only at night,unless your lips are peeling and you want/need to remove it. I'm certain you've heard the saying "Exfoliate to Penetrate" - however, don't overdue it. Again Rjez, listen to your lips because they'll tell you; they've just never talked to you before


KANDIS
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 1693
Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Rjez - Hopefully Kandis answered your question, but you apply the color system glaze, not the night glaze, over her colors. Sorry, I should have differentiated between the two.

Kandis - I'm definitely applying the glaze at least twice an hour. My lips are still peeling slightly but the moisture is keeping the peelies and my lips so soft!

You also brought something up that I need clarification on. For the wrinkles above the lips, what exactly are we supposed to be applying to them throughout the day? It was my understanding that they primarily got the full treatment at night, but during the day I've just been adding the cream to them in the am, since the LG and NG aren't matte and would look too oily during the day. Am I supposed to be wearing them like that as well? If so, is there any way to make those products matte so it doesn't look like I've doused myself with vaseline all day? Laughing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 4044
Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
You know, I read about this product a couple of years ago when I first started researching topical lip plumpers (I think I even mentioned the product by name in one of those long ago posts, so Iíll check to make sure Iím not mistaking this for something else), but Iím a bit confused because I remember that the Lips2Kiss system I read about was developed and sold by an Asian (i.e.: Far Eastern) website and all the models and B&A pix on their website were of Asian ladies and when I tried to place an order for the product, the price was quoted in that Asian currency and they didnít ship to the U.S..

So I just checked out the URL that Hollywood posted, and it doesnít look anything like I remembered that other website as looking, but Iím positive itís the same product because I remember it being a 4-step system with one of the components being called ďLiquid Gold.Ē

So has Kandis finally cottoned onto the idea that Western women also want plump lips and therefore developed a website to cater directly to us, or is she merely a distributor of a product developed by another company? Does anyone know?

TIA,
Carrie


P.S. Hereís the link to the thread were I first mentioned this product over two years ago: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3043&highlight=lips2kiss

_________________
‹ber-oily,semi-sensitive, warm/fair-skinned redhead, 38...Will swap/shop for members outside U.S. and/or make homemade skincare products upon demand-PM me for details.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 1693
Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Carrie - How weird is that? I can't wait to see what Kandis has to say! I know she has been working on her system for over 5 years, but I can't imagine why an asian site would have been used. hmm
hollywood
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Posts: 142
Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi sweeties,

I recall that Kandis had already gotten some nice promotion in Asia...she mentioned that in a previous E-mail to me. I think it may be possible that she received some early Asian promotion before her products caught on here in the US...I think we better let the source weigh in on this!! But, I distinctly recall her mentioning Japan in an early E-mail to me and one of her testimonials on the site sounded like it may have been written by someone whose English was not her first language.

I still haven't experienced any peeling or the dryness that some of you have..but my lips are looking fabulous..so I'm very happy! This could be because I've never really had a problem with dry lips and never used waxy balms ever in my life!! but I'm not sure! Anyway, I have been following all the directions to the letter and my lips look nice and plump today! I realy look forward to using the products at night..something about the exfoliation, then the lip cream, then the liquid gold, then the hair dryer, and then the glaze that I really enjoy. OK, I'm "certifiable!"
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 1157
Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I know I came across a site selling in Switzerland (buyUSA) that I thought was weird but Kandis mentioned that yeah, it was through some US Dept of Commerce.

I just did another search and came across a korean site, www.lips2kiss.co.kr. It does show Asian models but there's also a video with Kandis.

I also found a Japanese site, www.kensyokuitiba.com. I translated and there's a link to a page for the Lips2Kiss but this is clearly Kandis' product - labeling, packaging, language is the same as I have.

I think maybe she's just selling in different countries?

_________________
mid 40's, Hawaiian/Japanese, combo skin, med/dark complexion. "If life hands you lemons, throw them at your enemies"
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 1622
Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I think maybe she's just selling in different countries?

probably. and she probably just started selling it in her home country as we all would. makes sense. mystery solved. now let's move on.

tell me, those that have been using, have you seen any improvement in your lines yet? that's really what i'm after here. between the HA capsules and keeping my lips pretty moisturised with LL overnight treatment, my BF would kill me if my lips got any bigger. i just want those damn lines gone!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I too am seeing some changes in my lips. Mornings they look fuller and more defined. I am absolutley loving this. Hollywood, I've neveer had lip dryness trouble either and my peeling is minimal. I did notice yesterday a little more dryness than normal but I've not worn color and my tube of ng is over half gone. Maybe that makes a difference. I was exfoliating every night but Kandis had me cut back to every other. I really appreciate her belief in her system and her willingness to support her customer base. Very refreshing.

Kimberly
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 4044
Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I just did another search and came across a korean site, www.lips2kiss.co.kr. It does show Asian models but there's also a video with Kandis.
Okay, that explains it! This (the Korean site) is the one I originally saw (at URL www.lips2kiss.com) when I first stumbled onto the product in 2004. Thanks for solving the mystery, my little dumplings. Wink

_________________
‹ber-oily,semi-sensitive, warm/fair-skinned redhead, 38...Will swap/shop for members outside U.S. and/or make homemade skincare products upon demand-PM me for details.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Rjez wrote:
I think maybe she's just selling in different countries?

probably. and she probably just started selling it in her home country as we all would. makes sense. mystery solved. now let's move on.

tell me, those that have been using, have you seen any improvement in your lines yet? that's really what i'm after here. between the HA capsules and keeping my lips pretty moisturised with LL overnight treatment, my BF would kill me if my lips got any bigger. i just want those damn lines gone!


I don't have big lines but the little ones I do have are going away already. Everything's filling out nicely and my lips look great in the morning (much better during the day, too). I think TamGirl is going to be our biggest guinea pig for the line eradication as I believe that's her biggest complaint!

P.S. La Vie, I get the sense you and I are similar w/our outlook. Some of your comments just crack me up.

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 1622
Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
P.S. La Vie, I get the sense you and I are similar w/our outlook. Some of your comments just crack me up.

always there to please, mon petit chat!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
P.S. La Vie, I get the sense you and I are similar w/our outlook. Some of your comments just crack me up.

always there to please, mon petit chat!


Voies? Tu m'as fait rire encore!

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 1157
Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really have any lines or wrinkles - but I do notice that my bottom lip is very full and pink in the mornings.

I wish I'd taken a photo on Saturday morning - geez my lips were huge. Felt really awkward putting my lips together.

For lack of personal photos, check out Ashley
http://www.lips2kiss.com/L2K/lips2kiss/intensive_01.htm

Before photo: My lips are not as long (horizontal length) but is similar in texture and plumpness. I would say that my bottom lip is just a smidgen fuller in the center. The main difference though is that her lips are larger/longer overall in the horitzonal length.

30 days and 60 days photo: (Saturday morning) Again, my lips are not as large/long but my upper lip was similar to the 30 days photo and my bottom lip was similar to the 90 days photo.

BTW - the 60 day photo is my HG.. The 90 day photo looks a little too much for me.

Other thing I notice are that my lips are now a lighter, pinkier color.

_________________
mid 40's, Hawaiian/Japanese, combo skin, med/dark complexion. "If life hands you lemons, throw them at your enemies"
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 1157
Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to ask .... how does everyone deal with drinking and eating?

I drink a lot of hot coffee and tea and that's probably the biggest reason I'm applying product so frequently. Also, does the frequent reapplication mean that it's not being given adequate time to resorb?

_________________
mid 40's, Hawaiian/Japanese, combo skin, med/dark complexion. "If life hands you lemons, throw them at your enemies"
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 1693
Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I don't have big lines but the little ones I do have are going away already. Everything's filling out nicely and my lips look great in the morning (much better during the day, too). I think TamGirl is going to be our biggest guinea pig for the line eradication as I believe that's her biggest complaint!


Ah yes, unfortunately that would be me! Rolling Eyes Laughing I only have three deep lines on my top lip border and so far have not seen any improvement with them. However, it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet so I don't expect to notice anything for some time. I do notice the same fullness Rjez is having, mostly for the first half of the day. This almost completely erases all of my actual lip lines, just not the border ones. I'm hoping Kandis will post back soon on the lines above the lips b/c I'm really unclear on how to apply my products during the daytime to them. I just don't want to look like a greasy mess! Laughing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 4044
Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
Other thing I notice are that my lips are now a lighter, pinkier color.


Out of curiosity: is Hesperidin one of the ingredients in the Liquid Gold or Night Glaze Ė would someone mind checking their label for me, please? I ask because itís supposed to restore lips to their natural color/pigment they had when we were kids so Iím wondering if thatís whatís returned Rjezís lips to pinkier color, or if itís the licorice extract?

TIA,
Carrie

_________________
‹ber-oily,semi-sensitive, warm/fair-skinned redhead, 38...Will swap/shop for members outside U.S. and/or make homemade skincare products upon demand-PM me for details.
hlg22
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 95
Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:

For lack of personal photos, check out Ashley
http://www.lips2kiss.com/L2K/lips2kiss/intensive_01.htm


I'm still on the fence about trying this... Here's my thing about the pictures on the website - they look dramatic, but has anyone else noticed that each shot in a series of photos after the "before" shot is taken at progressively closer range? I'm having a real hard time for most of the shots telling if the lips are actually plumper/larger or just look that way because the camera has zoomed in more. If anyone has their own real-life progress shots I'd be really interested in seeing them.

_________________
29; fair skin, dark blonde hair, hazel eyes; very oily skin. Concerns: large pores, improving skin texture and minimizing/preventing signs of aging.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 1693
Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
hlg22 wrote:
I'm still on the fence about trying this... Here's my thing about the pictures on the website - they look dramatic, but has anyone else noticed that each shot in a series of photos after the "before" shot is taken at progressively closer range? I'm having a real hard time for most of the shots telling if the lips are actually plumper/larger or just look that way because the camera has zoomed in more. If anyone has their own real-life progress shots I'd be really interested in seeing them.


To be honest, I thought the same thing when I initially saw them. But, regardless of size the wrinkle improvement is very obvious and my primary reason for trying the system. I already have nice sized/plump lips which is why I'm dying to get rid of the horrible lines!
KANDIS
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 26
Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie ~

No Hesperidin is not an ingredient found in any of the products. The reason your vibrant, natural lip color returns, is the same reason your upper lip line (the vermillion border) becomes beautifully well defined and the same reason your lips reach their natural maximum fullness, and the same reason your lip surface becomes much smoother; it's attributable to the way all four of the system's products work synergistically, with your lip tissues cellular matrix renewal and cell proliferation. In other words, one ingredient cannot accomplish this; neither can one product. We're giving your lip tissues 9 different cutting edge technologies that encompass a myriad of ingredients. Combined, working synergistically as they do, miraculous results occur.

KANDIS
KANDIS
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 26
Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Hlg22 ~

I don't blame your skepticism - even I am disturbed over the lengths people/companies go to, to sell their products at the expense of their honest, trusting clients. Rest assured, I am not one of them. Integrity, mine, is my first priority.

I have asked several of the women, whose photos you see on the site, to post here in the EDS Forum and tell you in their own words, their experience(s). Hopefully, that will give credibility to their photos, which are truly unaltered.

KANDIS
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 1157
Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
hlg22 wrote:
but has anyone else noticed that each shot in a series of photos after the "before" shot is taken at progressively closer range?


I disagree. Sure, I can tell a difference (photo range) between the first and last photo - but the 60 day and 90 day are identical. I also don't think range can account for the difference between the before and 90 day photos.

There are other photos too. On the home page is Michele. Only the first photo in the 5 photo series is different. All the others seem pretty darn close.

But I always consider before/after photos like references ... you don't post BAD ones! So I tend to go more by testimonials (here).

_________________
mid 40's, Hawaiian/Japanese, combo skin, med/dark complexion. "If life hands you lemons, throw them at your enemies"
hlg22
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 95
Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
KANDIS wrote:
Dear Hlg22 ~

I don't blame your skepticism - even I am disturbed over the lengths people/companies go to, to sell their products at the expense of their honest, trusting clients. Rest assured, I am not one of them. Integrity, mine, is my first priority.

I have asked several of the women, whose photos you see on the site, to post here in the EDS Forum and tell you in their own words, their experience(s). Hopefully, that will give credibility to their photos, which are truly unaltered.

KANDIS


Thanks, Kandis. It's not that I'm skeptical, necessarily, or that I think the photos have been altered - I just think it would be more helpful for me to really gauge the difference in the before and afters if they were taken from the same perspective. I do agree that the "afters" look great! Smile

_________________
29; fair skin, dark blonde hair, hazel eyes; very oily skin. Concerns: large pores, improving skin texture and minimizing/preventing signs of aging.
KANDIS
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 26
Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I understand sweetheart. I'm the one who takes the photos and try as we do, it's difficult to replicate exactly the same set of circumstances every 30 days. Even when we take them in the same spot each time, certain factors are always different; their clothing changes, the light may change, even when it's artifical. Michelle for instance, bless her heart, she has undergone continual surgeries for her foot ever since we began. A person's mood and physical condition also changes the perspective. But with all that said, no one can blame you or anyone else for questioning the validity of photos, whether mine or anyone elses. Women have put their faith and trust in so many companies and products that simply disappoint, it's no wonder everyone is skeptical. This time, however, it is different. If you'll just trust this one more time, you'll be very glad you did and I'll be right there by you every step of the way - literally!!!

KANDIS
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 1004
Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Hello!
I've been reading this thread with interest and almost ordered it as who wouldn't want the results like those on Kandis website!?!? - But I have admit it up front - I AM a sceptic! Very Happy Embarassed Wink
I guess I have used too many products that have failed to deliver over the years which have left me poorer and more cynical LOL! Have to say a sorry Kandi though as she seems a really nice lady who believes in her product. I do feel a bit of a party pooper. Confused But I have a few questions if that's ok? Smile

I'd love to be convinced and give this system a go! I would LOVE plumper lips!:O)

What effect does the whole hairdryer thing have, really? I do understand that the heat will increase bloodflow to your lips which will improve the condition on the skin and will also result in some plumping effect albeit temporary. Heat will also aid absorption of any product but is in itself drying/dehydrating.
I have been using HA on my lips and exfoliating them etc for ages. Is the argument about waxes suffocating/starving your lips the same as the argument regarding regular cosmetic moisturisers/silicones on your hair (which is why so many people miss them when they move to a healing Biological oil such as emu or a silicone free conditioner)? If so I can understand your skin getting dependent on such products and therefore not producing natural oils etc. I also realise that wax seals moisture OUT as well as in, but I found that using HA sorted that issue out (with an occasional slick of a Biological healing oil if they feel dry and between my lips and any colour).

But I can't see how this would work any better than CareKates exfoliator and HA say followed by Dremu or similar? (Bearing in mind the increased hydration from the HA and plus the increased blood flow to the lips which will result from both the hairdryer and the exfoliation will make your lips look plumper?

Grateful for any thoughts on this!

Thanks
(Going off to hide now!) Very Happy

_________________
Lucia, VERY fair (ghostly so!)redhead, combination skin prone to dehydration.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 4044
Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Ditto that: I wanna know what purpose the blow-drying-the-lips thing serves as well! Is that supposed to activate the "active" ingredients or does the hot air force those actives to penetrate more deeply into the lip tissue? I saw in the product literature that some medical doctor was quoted as saying that blow-drying your lips isn't harmful, but nowhere did it explain the PURPOSE for doing it.

Kandis, can you explain this to me, please -- if it's not revealing any of your proprietary knowledge, of course!

TIA,
Carrie

_________________
‹ber-oily,semi-sensitive, warm/fair-skinned redhead, 38...Will swap/shop for members outside U.S. and/or make homemade skincare products upon demand-PM me for details.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



StriVectin Instant Revitalizing Mask (90 ml / 3 floz) Sothys Anti-Ageing Comfort Cream - Grade 2 (50 ml / 1.69 floz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)