Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
just a quick update from the lipstick slut here. spent monday trying on various lippies and my lips are definitely *not* happy from all that abuse so i'm being a good girl and pampering them with *all* the products (for some reason, my lips particularly loooove the Liquid Gold) in rotation.

what i wanted to report, though, was an SA gushing about my lips. i saw her before starting L2K and she did comment on the nice shape of my lips. but on monday she gushed about them and it was genuine. whereas my lips have almost always been nice, my definition is continuing to grow, and, despite my not really feeling the need, my lips *are* getting plumper. i was trying on a dark shade of lipstick and thought it was miraculous because lips tend to look small with dark shades on them. it was then that it hit me -- it wasn't the shade of lipstick, my lips have actually gotten bigger. for those of us not taking pictures, it's sometimes hard to realise what's happening. but trust me, one day it will hit you -- bam! you've got gorgeous lips!

this is also encouragement to all you who are scared to jump into this program with both feet. you can cheat and it *will* still work for you, it will just take more time and patience. i'm not advocating cheating here, i'm simply saying that because you know you can't be faithful or reapply on the dot is *not* a reason *not* to try this. i will again recommend, however, a good quality moisturising lipstick when you are being unfaithful.
saladgirl
5% products discount

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've been on the system for 3 months. I can't say for sure that there has been any plumping, but I know my lips have not been in such good shape in many years. I am so delighted with the condition of my lips that I don't think I will ever use anything but L2K products.

I am one of the "mature" posters...55 this year...so I have more damage to undo than most others here...and I think post-menopausal skin issues are probably quite different as well. Since I have stopped wearing lip color, I have begun noticing that women in my age group look older with lipstick..particularly dark colors. This system has restored my natural lip color and I don't miss my old lipsticks and glosses one bit.

As far as price goes, I find this system pretty reasonable since now I don't use lipfusion or the myriad of lipsticks and lip treatment I was such a sucker for. I have also found that I have had to use less product this month..possibly because I am starting to get some good results. When I think about all the money I have thrown away on products that had no effect on me, I am grateful to have found one that actually works for me. Money well spent...for a change!

I have been using the exfoliating cream 2X a day...morning and night. I know that this would be too much for most people, but I do have pretty tough lips and it works for me. I also do the hair dryer twice a day as well. Other than that, I have been following similar routines as the other posters. The lip cream is so hydrating..my favorite.

I'm happy that so many others are have such great results.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I too am happy that so many have had such nice results with this. I'm always so glad when someone pops in with an update. I've tried a lot of products over the years and I've got to say that this probably is tops for delivering what it states it will do.

As for me, I seem to still have some changes going on. Started peeling again this week. For those who responded to my question about the SM gloss I did discuss it with Kandis and we 'think' that my using the LE on the lip border might have caused the irritation as that was the only different thing I'd added in.

k
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info!!!

The only reason i was asking about a price range is becase one tube of LF XL last me at least 6 or 7 months. While at work I just use MAC liner to get my lips some shape and fill in with a LipFusion gloss. Could I still do that with this system but use of of their glosses instead.

btw- lines above my lips are not really an issue... yet. i'm only almost 22. I just want fuller lips. Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote
pop over towww.lips2kiss.com
& have a read of the blurb over there. Kandis recommends her whole kit which has been formulated to work together & does not contain any wax or other nasties that can create a barrier and stop her products penetrating deep enough to repair any damage. If your lips are good you probably could make a system last a lot longer than those of us that are repairing our damaged lips.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:36 am      Reply with quote
I have been very impressed by the phots people have posted on here.
One thing concerning me is that my husband really dislies me wearing stuff on my lips at night and if I was blow drying my lips before I came to bed then... Shock Laughing

I was wondering if I could do the blow drying part at about 4:30 p.m. - we then eat at 7 p.m.

Would that still be effective?
Thanks.
Emma x
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I was wondering if I could do the blow drying part at about 4:30 p.m. - we then eat at 7 p.m.

Would that still be effective?

definitely! a lot of gals blow dry earlier in the day for the exact same reason. we all know we do things in the name of beauty that make our SO's think we're insane. being caught blow drying our lips just seems especially kinky!

the blow dry really does seem to help everything penetrate better but, to be honest, there are days i just don't do it at all (and there are some here that do it twice a day!) i live in a very small paris apartment with the bathroom right next to the bedroom. my BF would *hear* me even if he didn't *see* me and i'd just never live it down.... in fact, the original directions for L2K had the blow dry as an optional part of the program to enhance the system -- not mandatory.

i am still getting results without the daily blow dry. it's better to do it, obviously, but not a reason to shy away from the system (some people don't even own blow dryers). so just do it when you can....

as i said earlier in the thread. some people's lips are in such bad shape that they need the full lip boot camp. there are others who can get away with deviations (moi). and, if you do the best you can, you *will* see results.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your reply.
Very Happy
My lips are in pretty good condtion - I use Carekate's lip treatment and that keeps them very supple.

I would like a cleaner edge and a bit more volume as they are not as full as I would like.

I was considering Orlane's lip treatment and then remembered this one.
I think I need to give it a try.
I couldn't afford it before Christmas but I've sold a few things on ebay so have a bit of spare cash.
Emma x
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
My lips are in pretty good condtion - I use Carekate's lip treatment and that keeps them very supple.

I would like a cleaner edge and a bit more volume as they are not as full as I would like.

this will be perfect for you then! Carrie's stuff is great (i always carry it my purse) and i'm sure you've already done good. L2K will get you that extra edge you're looking for -- the definition and the volume. just remember patience. we all want instant gratification; but, usually, the really good results are worth waiting for.

enjoy!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote

Thank you.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I checked into Kandis' rehab center for lips today. I will take some pictures before I start so I can catalogue progress because it was amazing to see all of yours -- since they weren't advertisements and many of you have been posting for such a long time. I am extra inspired by aries since mine look mostly like hers did. I am just hoping to get my lips out of their perma-chapped state but I certainly wouldn't be unhappy if my lips decide to poof up a little bit too Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
I checked into Kandis' rehab center for lips today.

Laughing Laughing Laughing We called it Boot Camp in the past. I have to say I like the Rehab Centre even better! Laughing Laughing Laughing

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Hey ThatGirl:

To answer your questions: (Could I still do that with this system but use of their glosses instead?) Yes you could use the one of the L:2K glosses which are currently available. I believe there will be other lipgloss choices available soon .

(btw- lines above my lips are not really an issue... yet. i'm only almost 22. I just want fuller lips. Smile

Yes, but you are lookiung to plump your lips. Check out the web site -- there are two gals on there who are also young. One, Antoinette who's only 23 and the other, Ashley, who's only 29. They both plumped up their lips considerably. Plus, don 't forget -- this is a permanent plumping, not something temporary. Good luck! Aprile Laughing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
FYI, I have a 12 year old daughter *almost 13* who loves Drama Queen gloss. She'd been swiping mine for several days and noticed her lips were bigger.

k
Marysunshine

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the lip care system and want to order a gloss. I'm 52 & really hope the system will help with my fine lines around my lips. I'm used to color on my lips and my skin is more tan/olive (if possible) Smile I've been reading the posts but not found my answer yet....

Which gloss will give me more color? SM or DQ? I'm not sure I want a light pink gloss.

Thank you

Mary
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Marysunshine (LOVE the name btw) - The SM is definitely darker than the DQ. In fact, the DQ has very little color to it at all. The SM is a pretty pink color that is very similar to my lips but darker. It definitely gives me enough color but I am very fair. HTH!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have a dark sunless tan, which means I wear medium to medium dark foundations.

Because of my "tan" my lips actually appear lighter here, then they do with my natural "pale" skin. This make the SM look lighter then it is.
So if your lips have more color, you will have more depth then I do.

The Sexy Mama is probably the color you want. Smile

Heres a pic of my lips wearing both colors. Thats one or two coats of product. I usually like about three coats of the SM, which gives a bit richer/darker color. Its a YLBB type color. Sort of a neutral warm berry color. Very natural and pretty - love it.

Sexy Mama

Drama Queen

Heres a pic of me with my "tanned" skin for color comparision. Not surte if you are "darker" or lighter.

In this pic I am not wearing L2K color, but the color I am wearing is a close match to Drama Queen.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
oh my god, I just took pictures of my lips and it is horrifying. I should have done this 44 pages ago!!! They are dead white, with deep lines (for a 25 year old) and red marks where they've split! I am not posting them until I can post them alongside hopefully new and pretty lips Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Scally and Tangal, your lips look FANTASTIC!!!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. Smile

Waffle, just hang on too those photos! In 30 or 60 days when you have new and improved one you will have a good before/after! Smile
Marysunshine

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Thank you soo much for the input. I ordered the SM and when I receive it all you'll see me posting.

Both your photos are beautiful. I'm sold Smile

Mary
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Tangal, your tan looks great! What an inspiration for faux tanning, young lady. I'm going to have to start with more research again on the best spray product these days so I can have the option once in a while.

Waffle, calmes-toi. Smile I don't think anyone's lips looked great to start with so you now have a perfect comparison pic like Tangal said!

Kittikin and Marysunshine, thanks! I am very, very pleased with L2K. Occasionally (very much so - maybe 1-2x/week), I will wear a lipstick (only moisturizing, though). When I get home, I'm right back to my Lip Cream/Glaze combo and my lips love me for it. Also, with the lipstick - my lips look downright chubby (yeah, I know what that means to you girls over the pond, stay grounded kids), plump, fat and juicy! I was very happy when I saw them in the mirror while out and about yesterday!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
What does everyone think of SEXY MAMA gloss?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:
What does everyone think of SEXY MAMA gloss?

I personally LOVE IT. It looks like my natural lip color but better so it's my go-to gloss for a very natural look. Here's a pic of me with it on that I posted in the a review I did for Mop Top hair products - first pic is with Sexy Mama on.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=21621

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, boy, ladies! I did some testing today with my lip pump that I bought moons ago when my lip plump escapade first began. Well, here are a couple of pics to show how well the plumping worked - please note - I originally went through the process of "priming" my lips with this pump over the course of about a month when I first got the device and let me tell you, my lips NEVER, EVER got this big or kept the plump for such a long time.

I think the big kicker here is that my lips are reconditioning and, therefore, able to hold a plump. I haven't spoken with Kandis about this but I feel comfortable using the lip pump for getting some bigger action on those occasions that I want an extra oomph (though I imagine that more months on the system will give me more plumping, as well). I would not recommend using a pump, though, until your lips are well on the way to being reconditioned. Mine do not peel much anymore - I exfoliate every morning and do the blow dry step each night for 2 minutes - in the morning, my exfol step removes any skin that might be hanging around.

So, I was just about to wash off my makeup for my Saturday beauty treatments and noticed that my lips are still quite plump. I took the last 3 pictures four hours after using the lip pump and am not wearing any color at all (I only did the shortest pumps, as well, or the beginning process of 3 very short pulls up/down). All I have on is my Liquid Gold Hydrator over my Lip Cream (I always keep the L2K products on and my normal routine is LC, NG, NG, NG but I've changed it recently to LC, LG, NG, NG, NG). I do not think that after 4 hours my lips are a lot bigger than my normal state without plumping but just enough to give a little boost.

Here's the first picture right after plumping - my lips are huge!!!

After 4 hours front:

After 4 hours left side:

After 4 hours right side:

Cool, huh?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |