Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
OK, let me throw in few more comments re L2K.

If you guys read few pages back, you'll see that I had a rocky start with L2K.

I am now almost 8 weeks into the program (2 days short Wink; I log all the dates when I start a new product or routine Rolling Eyes)). I am 41 years old and I never (and i mean NEVER Shock ) took good care of my lips. I was not big on lipsticks or lip colours, I used lip balms very rarely, and I only used lip-glosses (cheap stuff with who-knows-what ingredients Embarassed ).

A couple of years ago, I started developing bad lines on and above my upper lip ( Embarassed Embarassed I smoked when I was younger Embarassed Embarassed ). I tried some creams, lip-balms, and a number of lip-plumpers, all in an effort to get rid of those ugly lines. Needless to say - none worked Mad. So, when I learned about L2K, I decided to give it a try, mostly because of those lines, not because I wanted bigger lips (although I wouldn't mind bigger, plumper, younger lips Wink ).

Now - back to my rocky start. My lips started peeling almost immediately after starting the L2K system. And they peeled, and peeled, and peeled. At around 5 week point - things were pretty bad. I was over-exfoliating and probably not using enough product (I was relying too much on the L2K glosses while at work), and my lips cracked open. Kandis, the owner of L2K, changed my routine immediately. Now I exfoliate 1-2/week, use tonnes of product (my routine right now is something like this LC/LG/NG/NG/LC/NG/NG/repeat), and my lips are looking so much better.

Here are the improvements I've seen so far:
- lines above my lip are softening Very Happy
- my lips look healthier and softer Very Happy
- my lips feel plumper - you know, when I look in a mirror - they don't look bigger, but when I press them together - they deffinitely feel thicker (you know what I mean?)

I've been taking regular photos (although I'm not sure how good they are Confused), but I still have to upload them to my computer and try to play around with them so I can post them. The thing is that I will actually have to ask my hubby to do all of that for me (and suffer some major teasing in the process Rolling Eyes), so I have to wait till he has some time to do it.

And to answer the question - Yes, this was all worth the $$ & work & time (& and teasing & funny looks from my family members Embarassed) I invested into the L2K system. I recently bought more product, so I am all set to go for another 3 months. This is how much I beleive into this system.

HTH someone.

R. Smile

P.S. Please note that the amount of peeling I experienced is not typical. My lips were so neglected and in a such a bad shape, that I had a lot of bad stuff to get rid of, before the rejuvenation could start (and I think this is where I am right now - at the befinning of the rejuvenation process)

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

Smile I treated myself to a beauty treatment with my ultrasound (Facemate)

A new toy Scalawag?? Shock Shock ??
Pray Please do tell Wink
R. Rolling Eyes

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Smile I treated myself to a beauty treatment with my ultrasound (Facemate)

A new toy Scalawag?? Shock Shock ??
Pray Please do tell Wink
R. Rolling Eyes

Well, kind of! I bought the Facemate ES330 awhile back and have not been using it much so that I could test out my Nuface and some other facial products - I didn't want to give incorrect credit. Anyway, I saw the ultrasound thread and it reminded to bring my gadget out of hiding so yesterday, I did a 30 minute treatment and another one today.

Good god! I am one impressed girl! I applied my oat beta glucans, let them absorb, then went on to use the Facemate (with the cheap conductive gel I bought on eBay). You have to use a gel in order for it to conduct properly. Well, the first thing I checked was my pores and they were 90% clear after using it the first time (my skin was a little congested from a product test debacle). I had a small bump (under the skin) that is now receding significantly - usually, these inflame and I have to go into major attack mode with my Oxylight but not this time (I also added a Nano Cyclic soap 1x daily in the AM - thanks, Hollywood - and believe that is helping me overall, as well). After today's treatment, the congestion is even less - around 96% clear now. This is great for me because I have to be careful with BHA as it tends to dry me out during the winter. Since it appears that the Facemate will handle keeping my pores clean, I can rely less, if not at all, on BHA from now on.

My pores are smoother looking and my whole face looks tighter. I did another 5 minute pass with the negative ion setting and it was after this that I did my review with my magnifying mirror. All in all, I am soooo impressed. There are a lot of devices out there for ultrasound and I bought this on a whim. However, I am loving it along with my Quasar SP and Nuface. ~Beru~ just posted a thread that goes into a high-level overview of the varying at-home technologies and it seems like I've got one of each (almost). Laughing Here's how I enjoy mine:

Quasar SP - evens out hyperpigmentation, creates creamy skin tone, generates collagen growth (so ultimately helps with wrinkles and prevention).

Nuface - tightens facial/neck muscles, stimulates collagen.

Facemate - tightens and cleans pores, softens skin, stimulates collagen, verifies skin's moisture level (this is a cool feature - I was upper mid-range).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if I would see plumping faster than some since I don't have any lines/wrinkles to fill around my mouth????
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:38 am      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:
I wonder if I would see plumping faster than some since I don't have any lines/wrinkles to fill around my mouth????

you'll never know if you never try....
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
so far, I'm not finding the system difficult to use. Then again, I was to the point of using lip balm or lip gloss every 20 minutes anyways, and my lips already were peeling. I do miss color, but I am compensating by going with a smokey eye and trying new things like deep plum shadows. The NG is just enough shine to make it look like I was going for nude lip.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I just tried my system last night for the first time & received my SM Lip Gloss today. I've mentioned before I was concerned about not wearing color & my perm. lip color I had done about 7 years ago is faded. I just applied the SM & like it. It's very doable for me & looks good with my tan/olive complection. This will be a life saver for me going thru the process

Mary
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have to apply gloss every 20 min??? Can you not use the system only once a day?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:
Do you have to apply gloss every 20 min??? Can you not use the system only once a day?

Part of the rejuvenation process is keeping lips hydrated at all times.
For me it is not a problem because I was using other lip products constantly to moisturise my dry lips & they were not working. For me this system works & my lips feel a zillion times better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:

when you're first using it, you do apply it every 30 minutes or so. I'm not sure if other people can get away with less often, but I certainly can't -- at this point I wish I had an IV drip or something that just pumped it on my lips continuously! They are doing some MEGA peeling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:

Ditto what Loopylori said; you might also read the instructions from the L2K website or review this thread in more detail - particularly Tangal's very helpful posts on differing ways to use the system as well as explanations regarding the various parts. Click on her user name and look at her posts, if you are not comfortable navigating back through this thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:12 am      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:

you know, thatgirl, since you have *so* many questions and don't want to read through all the back pages where they have been answered, i really recommend you give Kandis a call or drop her an email. she is amazingly supportive and has the patience and knowledge to answer every question you could ever have. her customer service is absolutely tops and it would be a shame if you didn't take advantage of it.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
[quote="la vie en rose"]
thatgirl wrote:
, i really recommend you give Kandis a call or drop her an email. she is amazingly supportive and has the patience and knowledge to answer every question you could ever have. her customer service is absolutely tops and it would be a shame if you didn't take advantage of it.

I can also vouch for Kandis' CS -- I sent her an email as I had a few questions and she responded the same day.

So ... I just ordered my kit!!!! I can't wait to see if this doesn't kick me of my * spam alert * to drugstore lipglosses and whether it also doesn't help with these pesky lines I've gotten around my mouth. (Looks like I smoke, but I don't Brick wall )
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have chatted with her and I did go back and read all of the other pages..... Some members say use it at night, once a day, and still others says use every half hour.

I was just looking for some feedback from members you had good results. It's just that I can't reapply every half hour and wanted to make sure wouldn't effect the program.

I didn't mean to be a pain to anyone... Sorry.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I use the system all day, everyday. Sometimes I can't make it every 20-30 mins for applications in the afternoon, but I apply it as soon as I remember (anywhere from 1hr to hour and 1/2). I've been on for about 3 months (give or take).... I don't have Tangirl's results, but I like the way my lips have changed. More color, I can see where my lipline is, hrm, maybe a little bit of puffy (or volume) on my bottom lip (I didn't take a begining or 1 month pic to compare), and most of all they are so soft and moist. Hope I've helped you a little.

EDIT** I also only drink about 6-8oz cups of water a day. More water will help with the plumpness, I hear.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
2 months

3 months (well today)

I guess I drank more water today. My lips look good close up, I think I'll just look at them this way from now on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Oh, boy, ladies! I did some testing today with my lip pump that I bought moons ago when my lip plump escapade first began. Well, here are a couple of pics to show how well the plumping worked - please note - I originally went through the process of "priming" my lips with this pump over the course of about a month when I first got the device and let me tell you, my lips NEVER, EVER got this big or kept the plump for such a long time.

I think the big kicker here is that my lips are reconditioning and, therefore, able to hold a plump. I haven't spoken with Kandis about this but I feel comfortable using the lip pump for getting some bigger action on those occasions that I want an extra oomph (though I imagine that more months on the system will give me more plumping, as well). I would not recommend using a pump, though, until your lips are well on the way to being reconditioned. Mine do not peel much anymore - I exfoliate every morning and do the blow dry step each night for 2 minutes - in the morning, my exfol step removes any skin that might be hanging around.

So, I was just about to wash off my makeup for my Saturday beauty treatments and noticed that my lips are still quite plump. I took the last 3 pictures four hours after using the lip pump and am not wearing any color at all (I only did the shortest pumps, as well, or the beginning process of 3 very short pulls up/down). All I have on is my Liquid Gold Hydrator over my Lip Cream (I always keep the L2K products on and my normal routine is LC, NG, NG, NG but I've changed it recently to LC, LG, NG, NG, NG). I do not think that after 4 hours my lips are a lot bigger than my normal state without plumping but just enough to give a little boost.

Here's the first picture right after plumping - my lips are huge!!!

After 4 hours front:

After 4 hours left side:

After 4 hours right side:

Cool, huh?

Nice plumping action!! What lip plumping product did you use? Shock
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
zumlya wrote:
2 months

3 months (well today)

I guess I drank more water today. My lips look good close up, I think I'll just look at them this way from now on.

I see a big difference! Very nice! Smile
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:
I have chatted with her and I did go back and read all of the other pages..... Some members say use it at night, once a day, and still others says use every half hour.

I was just looking for some feedback from members you had good results. It's just that I can't reapply every half hour and wanted to make sure wouldn't effect the program.

I didn't mean to be a pain to anyone... Sorry.

Hi Thatgirl. I read all the pages myself very recently, and I don't remember anyone saying they only used the kit at night or only once a day - BUT - if you are talking about the full-on application of all the products followed by the blow-drying - yes, most people just do that once a day, although some folks in this thread have the time to do it twice a day and have incorporated that into their routine with Kandis' blessing.

Also, if you can't apply every half hour, I know there is another lady posting here (can't remember who!) who has kids to take care of and when they are around she simply can't manage to apply that often. (I think it may be a page or two back). She said Kandis told her she was doing fine to go through her application process whenever she *did* manage the time. So I'm sure you would benefit even if you can't apply every half hour!

I think it's probably more important results-wise not to use *other* lip products while on the L2K routine, because they can dry your lips out and halt your progress much more than just having an uneven L2K application schedule.

This is just my two cents, but I hope it helps.

I've just started using these myself and it hasn't been a full week yet, but I don't have problems reapplying often ... except on the weekends, when I'll just forget! But my lips are loving these products so far.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
[quote]if you are talking about the full-on application of all the products followed by the blow-drying - yes, most people just do that once a day,
[quote]

That why I meant. I read on the product webpage or on here (all the pages and info have blended together) that it only takes a few min a day. I read about each product on the site.... which one do you apply every 1/2 hour (if you can)?? Is the Sexy Mama gloss or....?

Also 'zumlya' great results!!! How quickly did you start seeing results?
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:
Metaphora wrote:
if you are talking about the full-on application of all the products followed by the blow-drying - yes, most people just do that once a day,

That why I meant. I read on the product webpage or on here (all the pages and info have blended together) that it only takes a few min a day. I read about each product on the site.... which one do you apply every 1/2 hour (if you can)?? Is the Sexy Mama gloss or....?

Also 'zumlya' great results!!! How quickly did you start seeing results?

I know what you mean about the info all blending together ... there's so much of it!

What people apply every 30 min. goes like this:

Lip Cream, wait 15 seconds for it to sink in, then apply the Night Glaze

Wait 20-30 min, then apply Night Glaze again

Wait 20-30 min, then start over as above with Lip Cream, etc.

OR - this on alternate days -

Liquid Gold, wait 15 seconds for it to sink in, then Night Glaze

20-30 min. later, more Night Glaze

20-30 min. later, repeat starting with Liquid Gold.

The above steps, alternating Lip Cream and Liquid Gold on alternate days but always using Night Glaze, are the suggested routine in the instructions Kandis included with my kit.

So every day I'm taking 2 tubes with me to work. I don't stress about looking at the clock but I know I'm applying one of these every 15 min to every half hour. It's not anything new for me really because I've had dry lips for years so I always apply some sort of lip moisturizer constantly. Because I just work at my desk in front of a computer there is nothing preventing me from doing it. However, if I had a different situation, I'd just apply whenever I did have the chance.

In the evening I apply Night Cream, then Liquid Gold, then Night Glaze and blow-dry. Every other night, I exfoliate first.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Metaphora wrote:

I know what you mean about the info all blending together ... there's so much of it!

What people apply every 30 min. goes like this:

Lip Cream, wait 15 seconds for it to sink in, then apply the Night Glaze

Wait 20-30 min, then start over as above with Lip Cream, etc.

OR - this on alternate days -

Liquid Gold, wait 15 seconds for it to sink in, then Night Glaze

20-30 min. later, repeat starting with Liquid Gold.

The above steps, alternating Lip Cream and Liquid Gold on alternate days but always using Night Glaze, are the suggested routine in the instructions Kandis included with my kit.

So every day I'm taking 2 tubes with me to work. I don't stress about looking at the clock but I know I'm applying one of these every 15 min to every half hour. It's not anything new for me really because I've had dry lips for years so I always apply some sort of lip moisturizer constantly. Because I just work at my desk in front of a computer there is nothing preventing me from doing it. However, if I had a different situation, I'd just apply whenever I did have the chance.

In the evening I apply Night Cream, then Liquid Gold, then Night Glaze and blow-dry. Every other night, I exfoliate first.

Oh!! I hope this kick me off drugstore lipglosses..

Thank you so much..
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, hell, wait! Before you guys get all excited... it was the camera. I couldn't for the life of me, figure out why my lips look so good. My SO says I had the camera on wide (I guess it's similar to the macro/micro settings they were talking about earlier in the thread), so it shows more detail?! I'm not all too sure, but really... I love L2K like it was my 2nd born (eh?)... but I didn't get dramatic results like this. Defined lips and color is what I have. So, in conclusion, it's either the camera or I drank an extra glass of water... or something. Sorry for the confusion.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...I started pealing already on day 3 Surprised Without back reading all the posts Rolling Eyes can anyone tell me if they pealed this early Question I live in sunny & dry AZ and actually I thought my lips were not in that bad of shape. I was more concerned about the lines above & around that have started in my early Wink 50's. I'm also using the Face2Flaunt line eliminator for that issue.

Mary
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mary,
I think Aries or someone started peeling quite quickly. It seems to be varied how and when sosmeone peels. I think I was either 5 or 6 days but it was mild peeling.
Kandis did tell me that the weather conditions could affect how your lips handle the system.
kimberly
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |