Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
You know I look at the before and after photos on that website and yeah there is some dif but they just use closer shots with each after photo. It makes it look more dratatic than it really is.

Unless someone can really attest to the dramatic results they got, I just don't know.

I'm sorry I know their website has a lot of info but that is why this forum is here, to get real feedback and reviews from real consumers.

I know there's lot of pages here, but if you go through the last 10, there are some good pics posted by users here, namely tangal, scally, etc. they are less dramatic then those posted onthe site, but there are clear differences. hth!

on a side note, my lips are just not healing, so I'm going to get a prescription steroid to heal before I continue on with L2K. sigh.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what the lip liners are that Kandis mentioned in her email?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
You know I look at the before and after photos on that website and yeah there is some dif but they just use closer shots with each after photo. It makes it look more dratatic than it really is.

Unless someone can really attest to the dramatic results they got, I just don't know.

I'm sorry I know their website has a lot of info but that is why this forum is here, to get real feedback and reviews from real consumers.

Wendy, if you're looking for a slightly less expensive option, have you considered trying either Candy's Lip Treatment or Perfect Complexion's Perfect Kisser Balm? Candy's Lip Treatment contains peptides etc to rejuvenate lips and it's been getting raves over in the DIY section, and the PC balm is wax-free so it delivers a lot of hydration to the lips and plumps them up that way. Both of them run about $15. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Diane, I haven't a clue about the lip pencils but I'm very curious to see what she's talking about. I hope they go up today sometime.

Wendy, There's a ton of info from Scally and Tangal if you go back a few pages. I've been using since the end of November *no pics as I was a newbie when I ordered* but I've been very pleased and don't regret the money outlay at all. My upper lip plumped quite a bit and I'm still working on the lower. The lips are smooth and free of lines and the increased color is wonderful. I apply the system every night and use during the day when I remember which is sometimes every 30 minutes or so and sometimes if I'm busy at work longer. I've not tried the other products so I can't give an opinion but am watching for reviews to come. I like my lips now and I don't want to do anything to backslide at this point.

Kimberly
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
The lip liners appear to be small, disposable brushes to use w/your lipcolor products.

It is difficult at times to reapply the products. Some days, I just do the best I can. But, I am very happy with the lipcare system and remain a happy lipcare boot-camper. My lips have a pretty color, they have fewer lines in and around them, they feel & look great, and do seem fuller (although I don't have any good photographic evidence to document it, 'cause my camera SUCKS).

Given the amount of money I and others have spent on products that haven't worked or are much more expensive, combined with Kandis's exceptional customer service an commitment to her product, I can see myself using her stuff for a long time.

On a slightly different topic, would it be possible to separate out the comments regarding Kandis's other products (face 2 flaunt, etc.) on their own thread?

Love this forum & you guys!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
cathy_jean wrote:

It sounds like the basic change is to use ULLE both morning and night, and use the LE around the lips upon awakening and returning home from work. (I was also blow-drying my lips with the LE applied to the areas around them, and it sounds like it is better to do this afterwards ...)

That is a significant change. Kandis' previous instructions were to apply LC first (around lips and around eyes), and follow with LE 15 secs later. Then blow-dry, both on lips and eyes.
Hum, I better check with Kandis. Confused Confused
Thanks cathy-jean Smile.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the email that I received from Kandis:

"Not for Lips - (if some of your line eliminators gets onto your upper lip line as some of those wrinkles blend right into your lips – don’t be concerned. I just don’t want you
applying it to your lips as you do your other products)

What’s the Difference in the Le and the Ulle?
They have different messenger peptides with different functions and purposes. They both smooth wrinkles; however the Ulle is twice as effective on deep wrinkles but cannot lift, tone, or lighten discoloration like age and sun spots.
Why Didn’t You Formulate them together? Because the generous percentage of the active ingredients in each product would not have been possible.

How Do I Use Them? Your system’s lip cream and liquid gold will only be used on your lips from now. You will still exfoliate the lines above and around your lips only when you exfoliate your lips, every 3rd night. Your Le has the most advanced collagen regenerator available, and your Ulle increases dermal repair up to 227%, so I suggest you incorporate them both. At night, perform your lip care routine, heat and all, before applying your Ulle to the lines above your lips , around your eyes, forehead, ect. and before applying your Le to your neck, underside of chin, upper chest and backs of hands. After using the warm air on your lips for 90 seconds, then apply your line eliminators.

I don’t want you to use the same finger when applying your lip products as you use to apply your Le or Ulle, as I made this mistake and neither one is good for your lips (what’s good for our facial tissues is not necessarily good for our lips!) So by performing your lip routine 1st, we will avoid this, and your tissues above your lips will be warm when you apply your Ulle and that will be just as beneficial; in fact, more so in light of the formula’s composition.

In the mornings when you first awaken, apply your Le - lightly – to the areas you applied your Ulle the night before. Apply your LC from your system if you need the Le to absorb fast. As you’re getting ready, after brk., shower, ect. then apply the Ulle to those deep lines (above lips, eyes, ect). Apply a bit of your LC or the face cream that came with your special, on top of it to hurry up absorption. (Use a few seconds of warm or cool air from your dryer to hurry it if necessary). When dried enough. apply your Primer, if you have it, and then your makeup. If you can still see the lines we are in the process of eliminating, here is what I do: (this may or may not work for you, but it seems to for me: in the palm of my hand, I put a little Primer and a little Le, mix them together, then with my fingertip, dab them over the lines that are still visible and just let it dry. Once it has, I use my makeup brush and lightly brush over it to just remove the shine.

If you’re home during the days, apply your line eliminators when you can, or when you arrive home from work. I have found that sleeping on a memory foam pillow has helped in eliminating alot of the facial creases I used to awaken with when I used a standard pillow.

By adding these 2 products to compliment your Cosmeceutical lipcare system, you are now using the most advanced anti-wrinkle and anti-aging efficacies, available !"

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
cathy_jean wrote:

It sounds like the basic change is to use ULLE both morning and night, and use the LE around the lips upon awakening and returning home from work. (I was also blow-drying my lips with the LE applied to the areas around them, and it sounds like it is better to do this afterwards ...)

That is a significant change. Kandis' previous instructions were to apply LC first (around lips and around eyes), and follow with LE 15 secs later. Then blow-dry, both on lips and eyes.
Hum, I better check with Kandis. Confused Confused
Thanks cathy-jean Smile.

Hi Rubby

Let us know if you receive instructions from Kandis about using the blowdryer on our LE ... it is all alittle confusing but of all the products so far, I really love what the LE and the Face Cream are doing for my skin. And my lips are starting to look pretty good, too. I will need to take my 30 day photos on Monday!

Thanks
-Cathy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Cathy,
That's great. I like the LE too. So what's your feelings on the ULLE? Does anyone know if Kandis will be selling the vitamin cream?

kimberly
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:51 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Cathy,
That's great. I like the LE too. So what's your feelings on the ULLE? Does anyone know if Kandis will be selling the vitamin cream?

kimberly

Hi Kimberly

Kandis indicated that I was the first person to give her any feedback on the Face Cream, and it sounds like she would be willing to sell it to those of us who might want it, even if it isn't offered on the website. I'm not sure how much it would sell for, but I've relieved to know that I will continue to be able to have access to it!

As for the ULLE, for me it is too soon to tell. It hasn't broken my skin out, which is good, but the dreaded wrinkles are still there ...
-Cathy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
One-month update:

I've now been using the L2K products for one month (four weeks plus a day or so) so it's time to update!

I've had no problems applying regularly while at work at my desk ... unfortunately, when I'm home, I sometimes forget until my lips are dry. I'm working on this and for the most part I have kept to schedule very well. I apply products every 20 to 30 minutes.

Initially, I was using the exfoliator every other day. My lips started peeling within the first few days, and seemed to regularly peel every other day - they'd be smooth for one day after exfoliating, then peel again. I didn't mind this as I expected it. However, reading this thread I understood Kandis warns against over-exfoliating, so by the third week I decided to exfoliate only every third day. I also at this point incorporated twice-daily blow-dries (NC, LG, blow-dry, then NG) rather than just one.

I could tell very early on that I was going to run out of NG before the month was up. This product is applied at least three times as often as either the NC or the LG. I placed an order for two more tubes, and Kandis emailed me asking for an update. She agreed with me to keep the exfoliating down to maybe twice a week and also suggested blow-drying twice daily (which I had started doing already) so I felt I was on the right track.

I am not expecting to see any real changes until the five month trial period is up, however I have noticed three improvements already, which started showing up in the beginning of my third week (sorry, I have no pictures):

1) My upper lip line where the "M" is looks more defined and pronounced.

2) My overall lipline had seemed to me to be fading at the edges - it is now looking clearer and more defined.

3) My lips have fewer wrinkles and appear smoother even when the product has worn off.

Changes I hope to see and haven't yet include improved lipcolor (some days I like my natural color, other days it looks like no change at all and they're too pale) and increased plumpness. Also, I'm hoping eventually that my lips rebalance a bit ... over the years my right upper lip has thinned and so has my left lower lip, which makes my lips appear lopsided.

I have also seen no improvement yet in the one wrinkle I have above my top lip, but I haven't been using the F2F Line Eliminator.

By the third week the peeling began to subside, and now in the fourth week I'm barely peeling at all (though from my understanding, peeling phases come and go, so I may start again anytime).

I did not "cheat" at any point - no other lip products have touched my lips! I also had made the decision not to even try Kandis' own lipcolors until I'd used her system for at least a month. I have the Sexy Mama gloss and at this point I may start to incorporate it, but I actually don't mind going without lipcolor while using her products.

I now plan to incorporate both the LE and the ULLE and have them on order. I hope they arrive soon - I got a Click 'n Ship notification several days ago, but they're not here yet!

Useful info on how long the products last when used as directed:

Lip Cream (LC) - one tube lasts exactly four weeks.

Liquid Gold (LG) - after four weeks, my original tube is still going strong. No idea how much is left.

Night Glaze (NG) - I zipped through two and a half tubes of this in four weeks ... I may have been a bit heavy-handed, but I would recommend having three tubes of this to each single tube of NC and LG, so you don't run out.

I've been alternating LC and LG use as Kandis suggests with this program:

Day one - NC, NG, NG, NG, start over
Day two - LG, NG, NG, NG, start over

And twice a day every day: NC, LG, blow-dry, NG

I'm hoping the LE and ULLE work as advertised because my neck is definitely looking like it needs help ... and that one line above my lip is making me nervous ... and a few forehead lines keep trying to gain ground!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
And as I was posting my update, the order from Kandis arrived!

I now have another month's worth of NC, LG, and NG (2 tubes) and the LE, ULLE, face primer, and face cream.

Really looking forward to trying the LE and ULLE! I'm going to start right away!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

I noticed that some of you are getting a little discouraged or impatient with the lipcare system. I just hit the three-month mark on the program, and while away in Florida noticed some dramatic improvements! I am soooo excited that I wanted to share with you. Here are my list of my improvements: I noticed that my top lip has a more youthful, upward curve to it ... if that makes any sense! Both lips are a deeper more pink- berry color. Both lips are definitely more plumped, with a well-defined lip border. The lines on and above my lips are getting more and more faded as time passes. Like I mentioned, I am just past the three-month mark right now, so I can't imagine how good it will be at five or six months out. Ladies, there really is really nothing that works quite like this system. Sure lip plumpers will give you a temporary plumping that may last a few hours. But who wants that? I can't believe how lucky I am to have found a system that will offer me: Permanent lip plumping, a more youthful top lip with an upward curve to it, a more well defined lip border, enhanced natural pink-berry lip color, eliminated lines on, above or around my lips. I noticed that there are some women on the forum who are just at the one-month mark. Ladies, you really need to give it AT LEAST 3 months to see some permanent plumping. Personally, I have worn lipstick or gloss for a very long time, something like 25 years! The lines above my lips (main reason I tried the system) have just started to appear much more noticeable within the past year. So how could I really expect change within a month or two? I COULD NOT. All of us in today's society WANT IT NOW. We want the quick fix. But, we cannot expect change to be immediate. Most of us, have worn some type of lip product on our lips for more than just a few years. Most of us want lips that will be more youthful looking, and want those pesky lines on, above or around our lips to disappear into thin air. BUT, are we willing to invest the time it will take for that to happen? I for one, am so happy I stuck it out. Yes, it was hard not wearing my favorite liner and lipstick -- I was so used to looking made-up! However, at the three-month mark, my lips no longer need added color, they are looking more youthful than ever and I can't wait for another two-three months to pass to check in saying goodbye for good to those pesky upper lip lines! Take care, Aprile
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Aprile,
That is so great and thanks for a wonderful review. I can't stress enough the points you made about being patient. And I think you are so right that many people expect magic results right off the bat. Aprile, have you decided to give the ULLE a shot?

Kimberly
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kimberly,

Yes, I have been using the new F2F Entourage that Kandis offered as a special for the past week. I really hope it speeds my progress with the lines above my lips! I can tell that by my upper lip plumping more and curving upward the lines are already diminishing. I guess this is what Kandis meant about eliminating the drawstring effect that was pulling the skin in on and above the lips. It all makes sense now that it is working! Horray! I feel the whole area above my lips has somehow more become more filled out, thereby filling in those lines. This technology is very exciting! I must say though that I've been very faithful to the process, and only cheated once or twice using lip liner with my L2K lipgloss when I went out for a few hours.... then once returning home went right back to using my products every 20-30 mins. It's hard at first getting used to a new product, but the results are oh so worth it! I feel that in a few months time, those lines will be gone for good!!! Laughing Take good care, Aprile
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
FWIW -- I've been meaning to mention this in previous posts, but keep forgetting. One of the reasons I really like Kandis's products is that they are fragrance-free. I can't tell you how many products I've purchased only to let them die in the back of the drawer because I couldn't stand their smell.

I've been using the LE since I started with L2K, and am now using the face cream (which is a bit of a misnomer, as it is really a lotion), the ULLE (a cream in a jar), and the facial primer (it's been about a week). So far, so good. I love the texture of all the products and my face looks like its glowing.

anyway, just an update ... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
So I take it you're liking the primer? LOL.
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
So I take it you're liking the primer? LOL.

Not sure if you were asking me, but since I was the last one to mention it, I'll assume ... Very Happy

I've never used a primer before and didn't see the need for one. But, the offer included the primer, so I said, "why not?"

It feels satiny on my skin. I love touching my face after using any/all of the F2F products. My skin glows and I haven't worn makeup (just a touch -- and I do mean just a touch -- of Bare Essentuals Mineral Veil) since starting.

I do love it!
I probably sound like a psycho lemming from hell, but I'm excited that there are products out there that do as they promise.

I'm also in l-u-v love with JM eyelash, another product I learned about thanks to you guys. I use just a teeny bit of mascara and they hit my sunglass lenses! I don't even wear mascara on my lower lenses any more.

sorry for going OT ... had to rave.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I did mean you kittikin and thanks. I agree with you. I was sitting in the car today thinking that I really like my lips. LOLOL. I mean, in the past, I liked my butt before my lips. Smile And what woman in her right mind likes her butt? I don't use JM but I use Revitalash and am just now getting to the wow stage. I'm not wearing mascara during the day anymore. I just curl and go. Awesome.
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I, too, love the fact the L2K products have no fragrance or flavor - I told Kandis so in an email the other day when I sent my update. I hope this never changes! I find these products consistently pleasant to use.

Last night I tried the LE and ULLE for the first time - whoa - a little goes a long long way and I used too much LE, which left me sticky. Today I used Candessence's Magic Mask and afterward applied the LE and ULLE with a lighter touch. I haven't yet tried the face primer, but will tomorrow as it's a work day and I'll probably be wearing some mineral makeup, so I'd appreciate the smooth finish.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Could anyone tell me if you have to use the whole system or can you just use the LE and ULLE alone? I am interested in getting rid of the vertical lines above my upper lip. The whole system, plus the LE and the ULLE is getting up there in expense!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl,
I believe Kandis addresses that issue on her website. You can read what she says about that by clicking on the Face2Flaunt link. I don't want to misquote her but I believe the answer is no particularly if you are thinking about the lines that appear above the lips. I imagine that if you're thinking of using it for other places, such as the eye area, you would be more succesful trying those products alone. Again, don't take what I say as gospel. I would also suggest you read her philosophy on why the lines above the lips form.

Kimberly
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Kimberly.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl

Yes you do need to buy the spa lipcare system in order to be able to erase the lines above your lips. Kandis explains all this on her site. As she states on the site, the lines have been caused by, besides the aging process, use of lipstick, lipgloss, chapstick, etc. The use of those products shuts down the body's ability to make sebum which keeps the lips looking plump and youthful, and hence the pulling or "drawstring effect" occurs and the lines above the lips form. As Kandis states, the tissues themselves have been in a state of dehyrdation for quite some time. So, YES you would need to invest in the system, and in addition if you add the ULLE or buy the Face2Flaunt Entourage (you would be getting a great deal), you will enhance the efficacy of the spa lipcare system to aid in erasing those pesky lines. Even though before I started the system, my lips didn't seem all that small, nor did they lack color, they have grown much more plump and the color is so pink-berry looking, and the stop lip is curved upward and more youthful looking since using the system...and I'm just 3 months in. The lines above my lips are fading and I am so, so excited! Give it a go -- but wait at least 3 months time to make a judgement. I guarantee you will be happy. Anything else sold on the market will only offer you temporary lip plumping. AND NOTHING, I mean NOTHING will erase those lines. You could opt for restylane or collagen, but then you would be trapped into getting those painful injections every 2-6 months and pay at least $500.00 a pop to keep the lines away. I am telling you this system really sells itself, once you are patient and wait to see the magic that happens three months in!! It's quite unbelievable! Very Happy Take care, Aprile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Aprile for the in depth details. I appreciate it. I will check in the whole system and see what I can afford!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |