Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi aquariu86, welcome to the forum Very Happy I'm sure there are other long term users of the L2K system that will give you more information than I can, as I've only been using it for 2 weeks.
The kit contains 4 products:
Exfoliating Cream - to be used every 3 days and gently massaged on your lips and around your lips - then you remove it.
Night Cream - used in conjunction with the remaining 2 creams on a rotation basis.
Night Glaze - used ALL the time - you'll likely run out of NG sooner than the other products. I've used 1/2 tube in 2 weeks.
Liquid Gold - used in conjunction with NC and NG.

I would advise that this system is not a hit and miss, apply it when you think of it kinda thing. You have to be dedicated to re-applying the products in rotation every 30 minutes.

I'm also an older person using this system and in the 2 weeks since I began, I can honestly tell you that my lips are more hydrated (less lines, softer) and a tad plumper as a result of the re-hydration. I'll have to order another tube of the NG soon, but so far, the remaining products should last me quite some time.
I hope this helps you in deciding whether to purchase or not - it's not cheap, but it does give results.

Anya
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Here's my Latest pictures at 5 months use.
This last month I have added twice daily applications (with heat) of both the Face to Flaunt ULLE Cream (Upper Lip Line Eliminator) and LE (Line Eliminator) applied with the Lip Cream, and Liquid Gold. (Per Kandis's suggestion in a recent email)

When lips have color and liner applied they look amazing, very Angelina Jolie (almost). LOL
Lips are very soft, and moist 24/7 now. No waking up with painfully dry uncomfortable lips in the morning.

I no longer have any peeling at all, and can go longer between applications. I try to apply every 30 minutes to an hour, but if I can't for period of time, its Okay. I occasionally wear other lip colors now, maybe once or twice a week, but start using my L2K product once I reach home. I also use the L2K colors, just having issues finding a color match for me.

I will place them in order starting with:
Before (actually after one week of use)
30 Day
60 day
90 Day
120 Day
150 Day

Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I was just wondering would this work for someone in their 50's. I can only notice a few tiny lines starting to form above my top lip.

I definitely think you can have improvement. Of course the older you are the longer results may take, and results are limited by "your" body and "your" lip tissue. But I certainly think anyone can have improvement. I am 42, and my lips were not badly damaged, but I had noticable results in lips ability to maintain and hold moisture better in the first 30 days, even when product was not on lips. (like overnight)

Quote:
I have been a lipstick/chap stick/Lip Fusion junkie all my life. My lips just never felt hydrated enough to go without.

You are certainly one, that a product of this type can help. Lip Fusion, lipstick, etc. especially if worn all the time will effect your lips. They can hamper the lips ability to maintain its own moisture levels, and with time lips can get dryer and dryer.
Many of the plumper's contain irritants which help create the plumping effect, but can also negatively impact lips with regular and or long term use.

Quote:
If the lipstick wears off, I'm constantly licking till I can get the lipstick on.

Continually licking can also dehydrate and dry out lips badly. Saliva can be irritating and drying to lips.

Quote:
It is really quite expensive for me, that is why I am wondering how long would 1 kit last.

It is expensive, but compared to the cost of all your products used in a months time, it may be less expensive overall, or close to the same cost.
Durning the rejuvenation/repair phase, which you should plan on probably about 4-5 months worth realistically (though can take longer if lips are severely damaged) you should go through one kit in 30 days, and probably one extra tube of Night Glaze. So for me, my first kit and one extra tube of Night Glaze is one month.
However your exfoliate probably will last longer, it lasts a few months for me. The Gold and cream may last you closer to 6 weeks.

But use one month/one kit as an average for cost comparisons. With one extra tube of glaze probably.

Your first kit is the most expensive at $79. But after you first order you get a discount code, making future orders cheaper, and with every order you get Point credits you can apply to other orders for additional dicounts.

On your second order you will probably only need the Gold, cream and Glaze, so that's about $50-$59. If you order extra Glaze which I always do that's a bit more.

And once lips get repaired you apply product less often, so you will use less, and products last longer. But that probably won't be for at least 3-5 months.

So realistically you are looking at probably $50-80 a month. depending on how you use the products. And you may want to throw in one tube of color gloss, ($20) if you like to add color to lips. But that will last awhile unless you use alot daily. (which means you use other products less)

Lip Fusion I think is about $50 a month?

But the L2K system is repairing and healing your lips, so in the long run they will be healthier, and stay plumper and healthy between product uses. Lip fusion is not, it is only a temporary fix. Chapstick and balms coat lips, but donot help maintain lip health, and can make the dehidration issue worse.

Quote:
I would love to stick to the program as I am a stay at home mom, but if it's going to run into hundreds of dollars I think I will have to pass. I just purchased the DLP light therapy.
Can someone tell me what is involved in exfoliating your lips? Is it a cream that comes with the kit that you leave on for x number of minutes?

Well, you just need to see where your budget lies. If you cannot commit to at least 3 months use, and IMO 5 months is more realistic, then this may not suit you at this time.

After your lips are in better shape, you will still continue to use the product at least at night, though most would continue some use durning the day or the L2K colors durning the day to maintain results, and not revert back to a dehidrated state. But you use much less often.

The Exfoliation is just a cream scrub you rub on wet lips for about 15-20 seconds, and wash away, that its.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Tangal! Your bottom lip looks like it's going to pop off the screen! Your lips look amazing.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Smile it pouches out more in 3D - which I can't convey in Pics, which are flat.

So there is more depth, and lushness to my lips now. A Very "pouty" sexy look.

But I am very happy with my results. Definitely a good look, and I have it all the time now.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Great results, Tangal! Your lips look beautiful! Very Happy
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Tangal, have you used their lip color system? I read on their web site that it got no wax. It sounds good. I wonder what are all the ingredients in it. Do you know? Your lips do look amazing! Congrats!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I do use the Lip2Kiss Lip Gloss often, but not daily. I also have some of the Penitratable lip colors, but use them less often.

When I first started "working" on my lips with this system, they were not "moist" enough to use the Penetratable colors effectively, so they did not work as well. I was always able to easily use the glosses however. Their (gloss) color fades faster, but you should be reapplying them every 20/30 minutes anyway - especially while you are new to the system.

But now my lips are fully "repaired" and the Penetratable colors work much better, however I still have difficulty finding a color match that suits me well.

I am very warm toned, fair, pale lips, hazel eyed, currently red/copper hair, and use sunless tanners. So warmer colors suit me best.

In the P Color line I can use the Sonoma Sun if applied lightly. Applied thick it is to orange on me.
I sometimes top it with a VERY light coat of the Pearl, as I want a softer look, but not the frost effect. That can help some if applyed to darkly. But the Pearl is a frost, which I don't like. So a light coat is ok, a heavy coat is not, on me.

I also have the Napa Wine which is to purple cool for me, and the Palm Desert Pink one which it to pink, though it works fine if I use it as a faint wash of color. Still playing with it, as I only recently received it. Wink

I don't wear them often, maybe once or twice a week at most, when I need a "long wearing" type color.

They (Penitratable Colors)are more like a watercolor paint sort of effect, that you then top with a clear color gloss coat. Simular in feel to a long wearing two step comercial paint on product or lip stain, but without the damaging ingrediant base.

But unlike commercial products they will not prevent moisture penetration of the lips, nor hamper your lip repair process.

The glosses are much like the Night Glase in feel and texture - with added color. Wink

I do not wear colors daily though, however I certainly can if needed. Depending on where you are at in the rejuvenation process would dictate your product choices.

The glosses will work better for those early in the process, but you are currently limited on colors. Though the Sexy Mama does work well with most skin types, and I sometimes wear it over the P. Colors which looks nice also. Though you Peniratable colors will fade faster that way.

You can wear the P colors early also, but you may need to apply them on lips after applying your L2K products, which will cause them to fade faster. But will give a "softer" color effect. So this is also one way to soften the color if needed.

I don't have an ingredient listing, you would need to email Kandis for specific info on that. If there are certain ingrediants that concern you, she can assist.

I have seen the ingredients, but don't have it on a list anywhere now. And it is propritary info, to protect the formula from "copy cats". So Kandis asks that it not be publically posted. But she will assist you if you email her directly, and can help you figure out if the product will suit you.

But I concur it is not made of ingredients that would hamper moisture penetration on the lips, or hamper your product results. It is also irritant free.

Wax is not the only "bad" ingrediant, of course, that is only one ingredient that can cause issues.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. I had my weekly "conversation" with Kandis and she wanted me to remind all the newer users of this the importance of taking pictures of your progress. I truly believe in the picture taking, because for a while you won't actually "see" anything when you look in the mirror, but when you take pictures and compare, there is usually a remarkable difference that one doesn't see when looking at themselves every day! Just wanted to pass that on. Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the Lip Gloss Drama Queen yesterday but was told by a friend who uses the spa kit system and already tried the Drama Queen color that it might look too frosty and make my lips look even bigger. Since I already have big lips, I don't want them to look bigger. I tried to email Kandis and asked her if she'd be able to help me change the color from Drama Queen to Sexy Mama, but I have not yet heard from her.

Does anyone have a picture of your lips with the Drama Queen lip gloss on? I just wonder how frosty does it look. I hope that Kandis would be able to accommodate my request, but just in case she didn't get my email, then I'll know what I'll be getting. Thank you.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the night glaze with colour? http://www.lips2kiss.com/L2K/Lips2Kiss/shopping%20cart/english/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=31 I've never noticed it before, is it new? I'm just wondering what colour it is.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Has anyone tried the night glaze with colour? http://www.lips2kiss.com/L2K/Lips2Kiss/shopping%20cart/english/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=31 I've never noticed it before, is it new? I'm just wondering what colour it is.

Diana, I have the colored glaze and I like it a lot. The consistency is somewhat different. A little thicker, maybe. It's a rosey/plummy color and it gives just a hint of color when it's applied. I keep mine at work so it's handy to reapply. Hope that helps.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal, meant to say that your lips look beautiful. I too have been using the new protocol using the ULLE and LE in conjunction with the original spa system and I'm impressed. My lips have plumped more than I imagined but best of all the tiny lines where I was tatooed are disappearing completely and they'd been resistent.

Cherisse, I don't think the Drama Queen will make your lips appear larger but I do think the Sexy Mama would be more to your liking.

kimberly
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart, How does the colored glaze compare to the sexy mama gloss? Also, do you put the LE/ULLE over your entire lip surface or just the lines above your lips? Thanks!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Tangal, meant to say that your lips look beautiful. I too have been using the new protocol using the ULLE and LE in conjunction with the original spa system and I'm impressed. My lips have plumped more than I imagined but best of all the tiny lines where I was tatooed are disappearing completely and they'd been resistent.

Cherisse, I don't think the Drama Queen will make your lips appear larger but I do think the Sexy Mama would be more to your liking.

kimberly

Thank you, Kimberly. I surely hope I could get a hold of Kandis before the Drama Queen gets sent out to me.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
BluesHeart, How does the colored glaze compare to the sexy mama gloss? Also, do you put the LE/ULLE over your entire lip surface or just the lines above your lips? Thanks!

Hi Charis,
I first apply a thin layer of the ULLE to the area above my lips including the uppermost lip line. Then, I mix in equal amounts, lip cream, ulle, line eliminator and apply that to the lips and slightly outside of the border of the lips. After letting it absorb a little I add the liquid gold and then blow dry, apply glaze. I'm also doing that in the am as well.

kimberly
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I apply my ULLE/LE slightly differently.

I apply some ULLE, then a layer or Cream, then a layer of LE, then a layer of Gold. Blow dry then glaze. Smile I have also done the mixing way, both methods work fine foe me and the same. But I felt separate layers would give me more amounts of each of the active ingredients in each product.

I found Drama Queen to be pale pink with a light pearl essence, not really a frost like the Pacific Pear is.

The Drama Queen is nice over other colors in the product line.
aquarius86
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, I just want to thank everyone who answered. I've had some long emails with Kandis who I couldn't believe was so helpful to me. I never would have found her if it weren't for all you helpful people. I'm going to purchase the starter kit and hope to have results like I've seen here. Thank you all again.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:

I apply some ULLE, then a layer or Cream, then a layer of LE, then a layer of Gold. Blow dry then glaze. Smile I have also done the mixing way, both methods work fine foe me and the same. But I felt separate layers would give me more amounts of each of the active ingredients in each product.

I found Drama Queen to be pale pink with a light pearl essence, not really a frost like the Pacific Pear is.

TG,
You know, I'm going to have to try this now. LOL.

kimberly
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Tangal wrote:

TG,

kimberly

Hi ladies!

I've been away for a while (traveling and being busy), but I am back now and really enjoying reading everyone's updates.

I just ordered ULLE and LE for the first time (I ordered the Summer Night special), and am very excited about adding that to my routine.

I'll keep you posted!

Cheers! Wink

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
TG,

kimberly

Of course - LOL

I do really like the add on, and their effect, hopefully it will suit you as well. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Tangal - how long have you been using the combination (ULLE, LC, LE, LG) of products and how long, do you feel, it took you to see results from that? (Sorry if I missed this info somewhere!)
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I have only used the last combo, adding the ULLE and LE on my lips, for the last 30 days. I started it a few days after my last set of pictures were posted here. Right after posting my 4 month pictures.

I saw an increase in lips color right away, with a slightly deeper pinker tone to my lips.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Tangal!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I received my lip gloss. Kandis was able to change my order from drama queen to sexy mama without a problem. Yippee! Then I tried it, and hooray! I am happy to report that I am not allergic to her lip gloss. I am relieved since I am usually allergic to lots of lip products (just recently pinned down the culprit to wax, especially beeswax). So I can attest that her lip gloss really has no wax in it. Very Happy I have now placed an order for the full system. I can't wait to try it and see how my lips will feel after using it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |