Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
This is the first time I've posted. I've followed this thread occasionally. More a vistor of another forum where I learned of this.

Anyway - I've used L2K for 8 mos now. Kandis said it would take me a while to get rid of my upper lip lines. I was never a peeler to begin with, but, suddenly, 2 weeks ago - I PEELED. Wow! WOW! What a difference that made. And I think the only thing I've done differently is increase the heat setting on my blowdryer. That must've been the ticket to make my lips finally peel. As it is, my upper lip lines are filling in nicely. They had been doing that so slowly, but now - BANG! Just look at the diff in my pics in one month recently (after having been on the L2K for a while)

Sorry - not allowed to post a pic since I'm new here. But, believe me - it happened. Took a while, tho. Been using the system faithfully and also using the ULLE and LE.
mjlover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Well, my peeling had definitely gotten better. I still have peely days but not as bad as it was. I cant wait to get to the 'rosey coloured' stage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
HI, Everybody, I'm right at 30 days on the system. I can't say I see any difference but, I am a patient and realistic person. I just started turning up my blow dryer, too. Kandis' customer service is remarkable. Smile
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Is an ionic blowdryer OK?

Is the point to have heat on the lips or dry the surface? (I'm not understanding everything from the L2K website).

I probably wouldn't be trying L2K for quite a while (enough on my plate for now, and on my CC balance), but I am very curious about it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I use my Babyliss and that is ionic.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Mine is in the mail! Hoping to avoid those costly and very painful lip injections! Rolling Eyes
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've never done lip injections - sounds scary to me. I'd rather work on my own and this makes it possible.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I have faithfully used this system for months. In spite of my initial concerns re: ingredients listing, I've been doing it. Daily. In hopes of improving my lined lip. I have followed the directions carefully. I peeled, I blow dried, I applied every 20 mins. Sorry to say: no results. In fact, my lips feel drier than they used to. Which I didn't think was possible. And I have seen no fullness. I guess it doesn't work for everyone.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm one of those people that gave up on the system . My lips were peeling too much and were always SO sored I didn't dare to speak as it was hurting too much. After 2 months of following the instructions very religiously, I decided to give up. My wedding's coming up and nobody could tell how long the peeling would last. I just didn't wanna turn up at my own wedding with peeling lips. For me, thinner lips are definitely better than peeling lips! I might give the system a go again after the wedding though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
How long did it take for the peeling to go away once you stopped? Mine are peeling, dry and nasty looking right now and I have my MAN coming to town in two weeks and I don't want my lips to look like this so I may take a break. What did you do to get them looking good again?

That said I believe in the system.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:14 am      Reply with quote
I'd be intrigued to know if those of us that havent had fast results with this system also didnt get results with LipFusionX and HA tablets.

For me, I've had great results with all three products. (Though L2K is by far my favourite and in a different league.)

Just wondering about responsiveness levels of lip tissue, really. Wink
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I'd be intrigued to know if those of us that havent had fast results with this system also didnt get results with LipFusionX and HA tablets.

For me, I've had great results with all three products. (Though L2K is by far my favourite and in a different league.)

I am wondering about this too.

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
How long did it take for the peeling to go away once you stopped? Mine are peeling, dry and nasty looking right now and I have my MAN coming to town in two weeks and I don't want my lips to look like this so I may take a break. What did you do to get them looking good again?

That said I believe in the system.

Mine stopped after about a week of religiously applying lip balm and lip treatment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
my update - i'm still peely on most days ... i will stick with it as ive spent a lot of money on it but i was hoping to see results quicker. Actually i dont mean results, more like an improvement in my overall condition. Kandis has given me some new CNGs though, and they are great - really rich and pigmented.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:53 am      Reply with quote
mjlover wrote:
Kandis has given me some new CNGs though, and they are great - really rich and pigmented.

Are they from the colours that are on the site,mjlover?

I need to order some of these, and would love to hear what colours you got!
AZGirl
5% products discount

Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Well I've been using the lips2kiss system now since April but never did do it faithfully until recently. I sent Kandis my photos, the first one I took when I first started in April and the second one I took on Dec 4. I can't post them here but it's amazing what pictures reveal. I'm still a long way from where I want to be but definitely in the right direction.
I'll post pics when EDS will let me.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Had to just tell you this... Very Happy

The other night I had a bit of a late night out.... an early christmas drinks thing with a bit more free flowing wine than I normally have. I got home late and took off my mu before falling into bed, but wasnt very thorough with the eye make up remover.

In the morning I noticed that my stay on eyeliner was still pretty much in evidence...then I blearily thought " and my lip tint looks good!" and immediately realised I wasnt wearing any lip tint!

This amazes me as one of my beefs about my lips is that they are SO lacking in colour!

Simply cant believe it!! I'm amazed and thrilled to see pink lips on my face, without paint!! Very Happy
KTKat
5% products discount

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys

I've been a 'lurker' on this forum for a while, and actually saw this thread when it was first started. But only now, having revisited the thread and seen that there's 72 pages of it (!!!) have I finally conceded that there might be something in this thing Smile

So I ordered the products and am on my 2nd day. I'm already peeling (edited by moderator)! And from what I gather from other posts, the peeling could go on for months - is that right? Feel so unattractive walking around with flakey, zombie-looking lips...

Also, can anyone tell me about the maintenance? How often do you have to apply once your lips feels rejuvinated?

Thanks

Katie
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ziggy wrote:
catski wrote:

I am wondering about this too.

Hi Ziggy! Thought I'd share with you about this: I asked Kandis if her experience suggested that different lips had very variable abilities to change and regenerate.
And Kandis answered that that everyone who sends her their before photo & who communicates with her when she asks them how they are doing, 99% of the time always experience success...and the 1% who get discouraged have tended to have been heavy chapstick users.

So that's encouraging, isnt it! Kandis works with you sort of as your "lip coach", and that really helps, kind of like having a personal trainer helps with fitness goals. Very Happy

KTKat, hi.. if you look back a few posts to the thanked one by Hollywood - you'll find out about maintenance mode there.
My lips peel a little about once a week, but I keep plenty of product on them at all times, so they feel very well hydrated even whilst I can feel they are peeling under the product, and so it doesnt actually notice or bother me at all.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
KTKat wrote:
Hi guys

I've been a 'lurker' on this forum for a while, and actually saw this thread when it was first started. But only now, having revisited the thread and seen that there's 72 pages of it (!!!) have I finally conceded that there might be something in this thing Smile

So I ordered the products and am on my 2nd day. And from what I gather from other posts, the peeling could go on for months - is that right? Feel so unattractive walking around with flakey, zombie-looking lips...

Also, can anyone tell me about the maintenance? How often do you have to apply once your lips feels rejuvinated?

Thanks

Katie

I know just how you feel. I've been using the system since July and had some MAJOR peeling and cracking in the beginning. Things got better for a while, but all of the sudden I'm going through another peeling phase AGAIN and I'm totally embarrassed to leave the house. This is my 6th month and I'm still peeling--- has anyone else here peeled for that long? Man, it's tough to take, but I'm hanging in there... I will say that I "cheated" and used a dab of hydrocortisone cream because my lips were SO cracked and sore....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I started peeling again as well. I'm attributing it to the weather turning cold again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I started peeling again as well. I'm attributing it to the weather turning cold again.

Blue, how long have you been on the system?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
My lips have been cracked and peeling for at least a month - so nasty. I'm willing to go with it - just don't know what the length of time is and I have a special guy coming into town next weekend so I've taken a week off (don't want to do that after the four months worth I've put in but my preference is to NOT have dry, peely, cracked lips - bad impression that so, I'm using other stuff for a week. JH lip =balm and something EMU I bought which is real nice - no petroleum. Then I'll get back on the program.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Wow. I'm really sorry to hear you girls are suffering with peeling to this degree.

I have to ask - did you suffer much with dryness or peeling before this system, or in the past?

When I was in my early twenties I had terribly dry peeling lips a lot of the time. I just seemed to 'grow out of it'....and I never had seriously dry lips again, although I always had a pot of lip balm by the bed and by the sofa and wore lippie when I was out and about, so I never could feel comfortable bare lipped.

My lips feel more comfortable now than ever before, despite when I am peeling, but I havent had peeling - and it is still early days for me really, at 6/7 weeks usage - to the degree some of you are experiencing.

I guess I'm looking for the 'story behind' peoples experiences, to make sense of the process!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
For all of you who are peeling, how often are you using the lip exfoliant in your routine?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |