Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:47 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
However, that being said, everyone is different in their reaction to things....some might be allergic to milk even so ....

Aprile are you saying that there is a milk product in the L2K products, or was that just an example? Sounds like a dumb question, but DS is ana to milk products and I'd hate to think any of his mystery reactions are caused by my kisses Embarassed
hx32
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Oh, this board is awful for my wallet!! Sad Sad
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Snowstar,

My lips are not yet totally rejuvenated. It's going to take me a while longer, since I was a lipstick wearer for a very long time. I would gather though that 1 set might last a lot longer if you only needed to perform the routine say 3x a week for maintenance. Only Kandis will be able to advise you on that though. I would think everyone will be different though...

Take care, Aprile
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Sorry, make it 3 questions Smile

3) In the earlier posts, someone requested to see the ingredients list and was rejected. Later, she was shown a partial list. Are we certain that this product is safe to use in the long run? We are applying it to our mouths and will be ingesting it daily.

I have read other sites that insist the pics on Kandis website have been doctored. Thanks to everyone who posted their results on L2K. If not for EDS and this thread, I would never consider trying it out.

Pics of my lips were on the L2K site for quite a while last year. I just checked and I think they got replaced. I can tell you that they were not doctored. I do have to confess about not doing a good job taking pics, tho. Sometimes my focus was out or the lighting was diff or I used a diff size of pixels to send it to Kandis. I thinnk all those things have to be taken into account on why the pics look diff.

I have used L2K for 18 months now. I tried some reg lipstick once and it felt so drying - I really hated it. If you were to consider a replacement (occasionally) for a special occasion - I used Clinique's combo stain/gloss (can't remember the name). It felt similiar, but not nearly as nice. I only did that once bcz of that.

I was using F2F for upper lip lines. I stopped using it, even tho I liked it, because it was hard to fit into my new skin care routine. I may try again soon as it was showing some results.

snowstar - on the cost. it is a bit expensive, but does give you nice full, soft lips. I believe the basic set lasted longer than a month for me. the problem is that Kandis is always running 'specials' and I always get hooked on sales.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
thanks foxe! i may be able to cough up $70usd for a month or so but to do that continuously is not possible on my budget. With the exchange rate, it is rather costly.

I think i will take the plunge next month and test it out. hopefully after the initial rejuvenation phase, it will be easier on my pocket!

i am not a lipstick user but my lips are lined due to cracks from taking roaccutane years ago.

thanks girls

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
After 6 month of reading this forums you got me
Laughing, i will send my order today or tomorrow.

i really need something for my lips because they are not the same anymore i don't know why, maybe my age Laughing
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
This has probably been talked about before (somewhere back in the jungle of 80+ pages) but I can't help wondering what chemical exactly makes the skin peel when you use the L2K system?

I remember Kandis saying that peeling lips are part of what makes them plumper when using the L2K, but there must be an ingredient that causes this peeling to happen. Correct me if I'm wrong but the L2K creams aren't just nourishing and moisturizing your lips?

I guess I'm asking what the scientific mechanism is that makes the skin suddenly peel.

And how do people with very sensitive skin react when they use this product?

Thanks!

(By the way, my questions aren't meant to be a criticism. Everyone seems to rave about Lips2Kiss Cool)
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Sorry, make it 3 questions Smile

3) In the earlier posts, someone requested to see the ingredients list and was rejected. Later, she was shown a partial list. Are we certain that this product is safe to use in the long run? We are applying it to our mouths and will be ingesting it daily.

I have read other sites that insist the pics on Kandis website have been doctored. Thanks to everyone who posted their results on L2K. If not for EDS and this thread, I would never consider trying it out.

Someone did get hold of a full list pages and pages back. I'll have a look tomorrow but I can't promise I'll be able to find them. I think they were anywhere from pages 25 to 50!

We should split up and send out a search party Wink
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:
This has probably been talked about before (somewhere back in the jungle of 80+ pages) but I can't help wondering what chemical exactly makes the skin peel when you use the L2K system?

I remember Kandis saying that peeling lips are part of what makes them plumper when using the L2K, but there must be an ingredient that causes this peeling to happen. Correct me if I'm wrong but the L2K creams aren't just nourishing and moisturizing your lips?

I guess I'm asking what the scientific mechanism is that makes the skin suddenly peel.

And how do people with very sensitive skin react when they use this product?

Thanks!

(By the way, my questions aren't meant to be a criticism. Everyone seems to rave about Lips2Kiss Cool)

I would email Kandis, Fox, and ask her that question. She is great and will definitely help you with any questions you have.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Aha! I found the ingredients list Smile Here it is again, if anyone's interested.

Tangal wrote:
well sort of, but not really..... She directed me to this info. (this is all from the public info on her site, so I assume is okay to repost)

http://www.lips2kiss.com/L2K/lips2kiss/intensive_02.htm

Which gave some insite - but honestly, for me the actual ingrediant info will help me better in this aspect.

I will repost it here, as it may help others.(I will edit out some of the info for clarity)

Lip Cream

Deionized Water
Hyaluronic Acid.
Peptides,
Vitamins,
a Lipo-filler,
Natural Extracts...
Vitamin B5, for cell growth renewal
Vitamin E / Tocopheryl Acetate, for its healing, anti-oxidant and protecting abilities.
Vitamin C / Ascorbic Acid, to protect the lips’ capillaries and help build collagen.
Sodium PCA, naturally occurring in human skin for increased skin elasticity and softness.
Citric Acid, derived from citrus fruit, helping to maintain a proper ph balance.
Squalene, Plant source found in olives, has been known to be the closest comparable ingredient to human sebum, providing softness while replacing necessary oils.
Emollients, serving as anti-inflammatory agents

Liquid Gold

Botanical Lipid Complexes,
Oil Soluble Vitamin E
Oil Soluble Vitamin C
plant complexes - Anti-Wrinkle and Anti-Irritation.
lipid complexes similar to the lipids in our own skin

And she noted the cream had a "lipo filler" She also told me a bit more general info on ingrediants, that I can't find now. But it did not provide me with enough clarity I guess, since I have since forgotten it. LOL
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I would email Kandis, Fox, and ask her that question. She is great and will definitely help you with any questions you have.

Thanks rileygirl, I think I might try that. Is Kandis not coming on the boards at all any more? Confused (Last night when I was reading the thread, I saw there was some conflict and Kandis seemed very upset.)

Everyone who's tried her balms seems to have had remarkable results, but it's expensive and I don't want to put anything on my lips that will irritate them.

Has anyone stopped using the system after a while? If you stop, does it make your lips go very very dry?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I believe due to the conflict that was going on that Kandis does not post here any longer. The system is expensive, but it works for a lot of us!

I actually have not been very faithful at all for the last several months with the system, and, no, it did not make my lips go drier. HTH!
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm. I looked on her website about peeling and found this (thought I might post it here in case anyone found it useful):

Quote:
Why am I peeling? Does this product contain an acid or irritant to make lips peel?

As new cells begin to proliferate as a result of using Lips2Kiss products, it is common to experience some visable peeling. This is a normal and temporary condition. There are no irritants or acidic ingredients in our products to artifically force a peeling effect. Any skin shed is a direct result of the lip tissues conversion of the concentrated treatment ingredients into a tissue rejuvenation process. Ever hour, of everyday, we normaly slough off or shed 600,000 dead skin cells from the surface skin layer, the epidermis. Though the lips exfoliate at a different rate, they also take part in this same process. This is what creates the largest portion of household dust and dander in your home. This is a normal part of the bodys cellular renewel system, and part of what maintains healthy flexible plump skin. Usually this process is done at a slow steady rate, and not visable or easily felt by us. The activites in the Lips2Kiss system enhance the cell rebuilding process, which also effects the normal exfoliation rate.To rejuvenate lips, we cannot make old cells young, we have to birth new cells. When that starts to occur, the old aging cells must move out of the way to make room for the new tissues. The only way to get rid of them is up and out through the lip surface. Because the treatment activities are enhancing and increasing cellular growth and division, this will also cause a tempory increase in ones normal exfoliation rate. As lip support layers and foundational structures completely regrow and rejuvenate, lips adjust to this increased grow rate, and peeling subsides. If someone isn't using the system and has visable peeling and dryness, it means an entirely different thing, and generally is a symptom of an unhealthy lip enviroment, in relation to dryness or irritation. Healthy lips are moist, soft and supple all the time without dryness or irritation.

How much peeling is normal?

There is no right or wrong or even a standard normal, when it comes to peeling. It may begin in a day or two. It may take 30 to 90 days, or sometimes a few months. There are clients who don’t peel at all. No two people will have the exact same history of what they have applied to their lips and the condition their lip tissues are currently in. It is normal for mild and occasional peeling to occur throughout the healing stages of lip rejuvenation. Neither you nor I can control this process as it is up to your lip tissues, and the needs of your body . What we can control is how much product we give the lips to work with
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I believe due to the conflict that was going on that Kandis does not post here any longer. The system is expensive, but it works for a lot of us!

I actually have not been very faithful at all for the last several months with the system, and, no, it did not make my lips go drier. HTH!

Damn it, you're making it so tempting! Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:

I am an enabler!! Laughing Really, though, if you can afford it AND will put in the time to use the products the right way, then you might as well give it a try. Very Happy
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I agree with rileygirl, it is worth it to give it a try. It sounds expensive and maybe it is for the first while, but once you are are past the first stages and only using the products occassionally throughout the day rather than every 20 mins, it is really not that expensive. I stock up while there are specials and only order once every few months.

As for the peeling, I have been on the system for about a year and a half and still occassionally have short peeling stages. I am going through one right now where I have a bit of dryness and peeling right at the lip line of my lower lip and I think my lower lip is getting a bit more plumper and I didn't think that could happen after this long on the system. Not sure why this is happening but maybe it's because I went a few weeks without blowdrying once a day and now that I've started that back up I am having the peeling again.

Athough I do not use any other products except L2K on my lips (ever!) I am not totally faithful to the system and use it as regularly as I should. I think this is because my lips don't have that chapped feeling anymore so I am not constantly thinking about how dry they are and that I should put something on them. Two years ago I was applying chapstick constantly because I hate having dry lips, now that I don't have dry lips I just don't think about it.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Fox wrote:

I am an enabler!! Laughing Really, though, if you can afford it AND will put in the time to use the products the right way, then you might as well give it a try. Very Happy

You really are! Laughing

*Glances over at the Baby Quasar thread*

I've only been a member for a week - Lips2Kiss could be my gate way product! Laughing
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Diana Smile All jokes aside, what you said is really useful. Especially this part because I always seem to have very dry chapped lips too:

Diana P wrote:

Athough I do not use any other products except L2K on my lips (ever!) I am not totally faithful to the system and use it as regularly as I should. I think this is because my lips don't have that chapped feeling anymore so I am not constantly thinking about how dry they are and that I should put something on them. Two years ago I was applying chapstick constantly because I hate having dry lips, now that I don't have dry lips I just don't think about it.

I'd love to get rid of my chapped lips, and it's not like I don't spend a lot of money trying out new lip balms to see which would fix them Think

Just don't let me buy too many new things Shame on you Wink
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Keep us posted if you get the system, Fox, and how it works for you! (P.S. I'd love a baby q, just don't have the money for that at this time!) Very Happy
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Friday will mark the end of my third month using L2K. Here are my insights at this point:

I'm grateful that I found Kandis, thanks to this forum. My lips are (ever so slowly) "blooming". I've never been big lipped, and I hadn't noticed just how much they had receded over the years, but the photo journaling experience w/ Kandis has made me very aware, and I find myself studying other people's lips. I told Kandis she really could help Judge Judy's lips a lot! Smile

Here are some tips I've come up with that help me: Because 2 of the tubes are shaped identically, and I needed to look to see which was which, I wrapped a rubber band around the first one, and now I can apply my L2K in the right order while sitting in semi-dark at my PC or in a movie theater. Also, the Liquid Gold wand always seemed to wipe off the first lotion, even when I allowed it to set, so instead of wiping it onto my lips, I roll it hard against the tip of my ring finger, where it deposits a lot of LG, and then I tap it lightly onto my lips. This also helps me use all the LG in the tube. And thanks to Kandis' reviews of my first 2 journal photos, I saw that the outer line of my lips was irregular and realized that when I applied the L2K products, I usually didn't get it all the way to the edges, so I've been concentrating on applying it to the edges, too.

For the most part, the peeling stopped at the end of month 2, though occasionally I'll realize I need to exfoliate because they're feeling a bit papery. I still can't wear the lip colors for very long without becoming dry, but I think that's in my future. I love the way my lips feel, look forward to how they'll keep changing, and even if I knew this was as good as it would get, I would keep using L2K. In the beginning, DH & my mom thought I was OC, applying it so often, but I just told them it was my new lip balm, and they've gotten used to it. One of my workout friends, who doesn't have a computer (can you believe someone doesn't have a computer?) asked for Kandis' phone number yesterday and said she was convinced and ready to order some for herself.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
[/quote]The T2H isn't available in the sheer colors I like. I have been using only non-wax/organic/natural products and my lips feel and look good.

I had an ongoing problem with redness in the inner corners of my mouth, but that's gone away since I quit L2K. Apparently one of the ingredients was
irritating my lips.[/quote]

Hi Sass,

Sorry to hear you had a problem with one of the ingredients. Perhaps you were exfoliating too much. That bothered my lips when I did that. However, once I cut back there was no bad reaction. If you decide to go back on the system, I'm sure Kandis can customize the TTH product for you and make it in a sheer color. She is soooo accomodating!!

Take care,
Aprile Smile
Manon20
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I had received my lips2kiss, i will begin my 3 weeks monday, i'm very happy so far and cannot wait to see what will happen to my lips.

Kandis is so sweet and very helpful.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Manon20 wrote:
Kandis is so sweet and very helpful.

Agree, she is just great dealing with all her customers!
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Two questions for L2K users:

Has anyone purchased the cute little dryer that Kandis has on her site, to use for lip/skin heat treatments? I normally use my hair dryer, but it's pretty loud at 10:00 p.m., and I'm wondering if the little one makes less noise.

Has anyone tried the new colored T2H, with more color saturation than the originals? What do you think? I have one of the originals, bought it last summer and I really like it, but have to put a deeper-color gloss on top of it. My lips have much more color than they used to, thanks to Kandis, but I'm so pale I don't think they'll ever be as deep as I'd like...

5% products discount

Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have the small blow dryer. It is quieter than a full size dryer, but it still sounds like a blow dryer. I like it because it is easier to direct at my lips than my larger blow dryer.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |