Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Think that's what my prob is, not applying enough products on my lips. I drink a lot of water during the day and I hate having things on my lips when I drink from the water bottle. Confused

yeah - I now have boxes of straws because product kept rubbing off on drinks.

All of this is insane for me but I'm home for another week and figured this was the time to really put some effort. If I can't get results while I'm home - no way am I going to keep up at work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
If this stuff heals Aries' lips when all my other tips, tricks, products and suggestions have failed, then I'll eat my words, bite the bullet and jump on Kandis's L2K train!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
If this stuff heals Aries' lips when all my other tips, tricks, products and suggestions have failed, then I'll eat my words, bite the bullet and jump on Kandis's L2K train!!!

Hun, yours hasn't failed, I love the lip scrub..yum yum which I'm still using although I'm probably not supposed to. I just can't seem to exfoliate every other night like Kandis says to. For some reason I got my lips to where they were okay and now they've fallen back down and are dry, peeling and bleeding again. I still love your night repair lip balm, but I want to try this method and see if it works for me. I like the idea of not putting anything on my lips such as waxes/silcones that may suffocate my lips.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
If I don't get huge lips ... well, there's really no other incentive for me to stay on the program. After I started the HA capsules and Carekat's overnight lip balm - my peeling/bleeding lips stopped.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Trying to get mine to a healthy point again and the plumping action is definitely an incentive Very Happy (crosses fingers)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
All of this is insane for me but I'm home for another week and figured this was the time to really put some effort. If I can't get results while I'm home - no way am I going to keep up at work.

OT ... hey, Rjez - did you get a job? It seems so ... congratulations! Tell us about it! Very Happy
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Rjez wrote:

OT ... hey, Rjez - did you get a job? It seems so ... congratulations! Tell us about it! Very Happy

OMG ... you're GOOD! Yeah - after all my drama I just couldn't think of a way to mention it so I've been quiet. It happened quickly because it was through a friend of a friend. I'm in medical marketing which is incestuous in Silicon Valley.

So ... I have a new job at a plastic surgery/aesthetics/dermatology medical company.

I'm such a bozo ... you know what got me excited? Reviewing the peer-reviewed journal abstracts and seeing an ad for JMAIE.

I've also been interviewing with a few skincare companies so I'll be able to mention a few things when they go to market (and I'm no longer under confidentialty).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats Rjez! Check out the thread I just posted in the lounge. I just got a job offer as well (in marketing!) and could really use your advice! Very Happy
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
MermaidGirl wrote:
Rjez wrote:

OMG ... you're GOOD! Yeah - after all my drama I just couldn't think of a way to mention it so I've been quiet. It happened quickly because it was through a friend of a friend. I'm in medical marketing which is incestuous in Silicon Valley.

So ... I have a new job at a plastic surgery/aesthetics/dermatology medical company.

I'm such a bozo ... you know what got me excited? Reviewing the peer-reviewed journal abstracts and seeing an ad for JMAIE.

I've also been interviewing with a few skincare companies so I'll be able to mention a few things when they go to market (and I'm no longer under confidentialty).

That is SO AWESOME! Congratulations ... I know you've been looking for a little while now, so its great to know that some smart company snapped you up! I know they will be patting themselves on the back for making such a good decision.

You are not a bozo ... seeing an ad for JMAIE would've made me excited, too! And working for a plastic surgery/aesthetics/dermatology medical company sounds incredible ... I'm sure we all will be bugging you for information on the latest and greatest beauty gadget/procedure/product ... and will be happy with whatever info you can give us.

Congratulations again! Very Happy
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl - yes, I did see your post! I just rambled a few thoughts because I'm heading to Sephora.

Mermaidgirl - Bug away! In fact, I intend to poll you guys about different marketing strategies ... nothing outrageous, but one of my interests is internet marketing and social networking. BTW - I think one of the most excited people is my mom ... she's volunteering for everything.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
My goodie bag arrived this morning - included was an extra lip colour (pacific pearl) and a line eliminator woohoo Very Happy have read through this topic twice now so hope I know what I am doing .......... I have been getting restylane injections for lines around my lips but they arent really working - whats the point in just trying to cover up the problem when this system appears to remove it all together... I know it may take some time for the lines to disappear but I am going to keep going with it through to the summer and see how it all goes ! Fingers crossed....
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls,
Let me know what you think about the Pacific Pearl. I'm curious and it's difficult to tell from the website.

I think you have the right attitude. I don't think you get instaneous results like one would with the usual lip plumpers. I love this stuff and it's been fun to watch the gradual changes.

kimberly
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Third day and I'm peeling like crazy and quite dry. What do you do when you know there's just dead skin lying there waiting to be peeled off? Do you exfoliate or pick? I tend to pick it, and literally it just peels right off. I've never seen it come off that easily nor that dry before. As soon as it leave my lips it feels and looks like a reptile shed it's skin (sorry for the gross analogy). What do you girls do when you know that the outer layer needs to be peeled?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Third day and I'm peeling like crazy and quite dry. What do you do when you know there's just dead skin lying there waiting to be peeled off? Do you exfoliate or pick? I tend to pick it, and literally it just peels right off. I've never seen it come off that easily nor that dry before. As soon as it leave my lips it feels and looks like a reptile shed it's skin (sorry for the gross analogy). What do you girls do when you know that the outer layer needs to be peeled?

stop picking!!! Shame on you isn't that why you had problems before? just say no! Kandis said that the reptile shedding is precisely what everyone should aim for so you're right on track. you should probably exfoliate every night right now -- but no picking! bad, bad, aries!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:

stop picking!!! Shame on you isn't that why you had problems before? just say no! Kandis said that the reptile shedding is precisely what everyone should aim for so you're right on track. you should probably exfoliate every night right now -- but no picking! bad, bad, aries!

Dammit...I can't help it!! I'm a picker Laughing . Okay guess I'll just up the exfoliating. Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Scottishjuls,
Let me know what you think about the Pacific Pearl. I'm curious and it's difficult to tell from the website.

I'd be interested in hearing about Pacific Pearl too. I am about to order my first L2K system Wink and was thinking about adding a lip colour as well. I am assuming that we need to have a lip colour combo - the lip colour/gloss and that white stuff Kandis has as a package (for $35).
It would be great if you more experienced ladies could let me know about the lip colour.
Thansk, R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Rubby,
You will want the color someday but you really shouldn't use it at first. Might as well order it now and save yourself the postage later.

Aries,
I exfoliated every night for the first three weeks and had no problems. I've since backed off to every other night.

kimberly
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Rubby,
You will want the color someday but you really shouldn't use it at first. Might as well order it now and save yourself the postage later.

I should get the Lip Colour System, right? With both the lip colour and the Silky Lip Color Glaze?
Thx! R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Rubby,

Aries,
I exfoliated every night for the first three weeks and had no problems. I've since backed off to every other night.

kimberly

The instructions say "every other night" but I think I will try this as I'm not getting any exfoliation.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Aries,
I asked Kandis about it. She told me to go to every other because there could be a time when I'd need to do it every night. Sounds like that might be where you are now. LOL.

kimberly
KANDIS
5% products discount

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies, Kandis here again

Ariesxtreme, you wrote: now they've fallen back down and are dry, peeling and bleeding again.
Ok sweetheart, listen, your lips should never bleed while using my system. I want you to do 3 things: 1) use only the products in your system, regardless of how good other products are, they have not been formulated to work with the products in your system and you are sabotoging the results you are seeking. 2) Stop peeling the skin from your lips. That's comparable to "picking" a scab that has just formed; you pick it and it just has to grow back. If you keep picking it, scars will eventually form. You're interfering with nature's way of healing. The same with picking the skin off your lips. 3)Exfoliate ONLY every other night. If your lips are bleeding, then push your exfoliation back to every 3rd or 4th night and then you are to use only your lips 2 kiss exfoliative and be gentle, and use only your lips 2 kiss lip cream as well, not some other lip balm.

Now honey you said your lips are dry. What you're meaning is that your lip surface feels dry because your underlying tissues have absorbed everything you've put on your lip surface. You are going to need to apply your products the very second they have absorbed into your tissues. If that means every 10 minutes, that's ok - do it - your lip tissues are STARVED for nourishment and hydration. Let me suggest something in your case: alternate methods every other day for a week, then after a week, you will know what your lips need and want most:

Start with applying the LGold (generously) - wait about a minute and follow with the NG. (you could just apply the LG, but putting the NG on top keeps your lips feeling silkier longer). Do this all day long in a 1 to 1 ratio > 1LG + 1 NG, repeat as soon as the products have absorbed into your lips. You can never use too much. You will only use the heat at night after you apply the LG.

The next day, apply your LC (lipcream) followed by your NG. Use 1LC for 2 NG as your lips need the extra tlc. So apply your LC then 20 seconds or so later apply your NG. When that soaks in, apply your NG again. When that soaks in, start the process over from the beginning with the LC followed by the NG. If your lips tell you they prefer one method over the other before the week is over, then by all means use the method that suits them best.

Lips will bleed if you are exfoliating too much or too vigorously or if the products you have been using have had addictive ingredients that when discontinued, make your lips worse before they get better. There is a very popular wax stick that is used by men alot, which falls into this category. It is also used by women but I'd say the majority of users are men.

Now 2 quick things: 1) all of you should be going through a system a month until your lips are rejuvenated. If you have wrinkles above, below or around your lips, you should be using your exfoliative up in one month as well. If you don't fall into this category, then you may have extra exfoliative, and that is the reason one of your preferred client discount codes is for just the lc, lg and ng. All of the testers whose lips are posted on my site are and have used one system per month. This meana you need to give your lips more product during the day than what you are giving them, in order to achieve the same results. Once they are completely rejuvenated, and that includes having them reach their natural maximum fullness (you've got to give them sufficient product to do this) - then once rejuvenation has occured, they will not need as much product as they needed while they were being rejuvenated.

When the weather changes and it drops dramatically, and or you find yourself indoors with central heating, then just as your skin needs more moisturizing, so will your lips. If you are getting sick, catching cold or whatever, your lips may even get chappy. This is simply a physiological result of what is happening to your central nervous system. Your lips will usually be the first indicators that something is out of balance or alignment, even before general symptoms manifest. Now don't confuse this with the normal rejuvenation process. Using this system, you will be more attuned to your lips and lip tissues than you have ever been, in your entire life. So Ariesxtreme, please don't take offense or think I'm picking on you, as that is not my intention. My clients' success with my system is my #1 priority, and if you'll do as I suggested, you will indeed experience all the promises I have made you. Just be patient as neither you nor I can control the time it will take to rejuvenate your lips; to reverse the aging that has already occured and return your lips to their beautiful, youthful state.

KANDIS
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Kandis,

Hope you come back and read this, or I may just email you directly.

The dry, peeling, bleeding was before I started your routine. My lips have always been chronically dry since I can remember.

Even when I put your products on, I can feel the dry flaky peeling skin on my fingers as I rub the product on (that's why I get the urge to pick!). The LC does make it smooth it out, but I mostly feel the dry flaky skin when I apply the NG. I can put as much as I want to, but I still can feel the scaly dry surface skin while I put the product on and it doesn't really seem to absorb all the way.

It's only been 3 days and I haven't used any other products since I don't wear lipstick or chapstick really so this isn't hard for me. So it is quite early in the routine for me to be discouraged. Will keep it up though.

5% products discount

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Ariesxtreme

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I'm glad to know your lips haven't bled since using the system.

When you apply just the liquid gold, does that completely absorb? Also honey be extremely mindful not to lick your lips and try not rubbing them together either. (Someone asked why I say this; when we apply eye cream, we don't "rub" that area after doing so - the skin/tissue is delicate and we'd never think of doing that. Our lips are just as delicate and desire as much respect and TLC as our eye area. So that is why I discourage everyone from rubbing their lips together.

Ariesxtreme, please do email me directly and keep me updated on a weekly basis if you will, on your progress. Thank you for trusting me and for following directions. I promise you'll be glad you have. I'll also be with you every step of the way. If you ever need me to call you, I'll be more than happy to do so!

KANDIS
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've emailed Kandis asking her about permanent lip color. I'm going to redo my lips Monday, wait till they heal and then start on her products. I am not willing to do without color on my lips for even 3 weeks. The way this system works, I'm betting permanent lip color would be even more vibrant. I hope Kandis has someone who has already had permanent color implanted and then used her products so she'll be able to tell me what to expect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Patty,
Do you do your own lip color? I'm fascinated that you can also do Restalyn and Botox. My goodness, what fun that would be! LOL

Kandis has been very helpful to me and I'm pretty sure in the testimonials someone mentions having permanent color done. If I get a chance I'll take a look.

k
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |