Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I've been following Kandis' system faithfully morning and evening and I really love how my lips look and feel. I have not experienced the peeling that she mentions in her instructions yet...but I love how my lips look when I wake up in the morning. They have much more of a natural rosiness. Also, the products have not irritated my lipline in any way. Somehow, all of the products feel really good on...but I especially like the warming treatment with the liquid gold. At first, I thought the number of steps was overwhelming, but now I look forward to it! I do it after brushing my teeth, so I don't waste any precious product. Let me know if you have any other questions...but so far this is one of my fave purchases (after the JM Age Intervention Eyelash!) So..even though I cheated..I'm very happy with the results thus far!!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
This product looks impressive.
But it appears to mean that although one would have great lips, one wouldnt be able to wear great lipstick?

How much/often can one wear lipstick, doing this? I just bought 2 new MAc lipsticks in great colours, with matching lip pencils.. Embarassed
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I checked out Kandis' website, and she does offer lipcolor that uses her technology. The range of colors is limited, but there are about 4 or 5 shades to choose from. FYI.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
catski - I don't know the answer to your question but you could email Kandis and I'm sure she tell you. I think this concept is similar to the NaturDerm's idea of no silicone. Kandis' site explains it a bit but basically states that the waxes used in balms/lipsticks suffocate our lips and why they shrink in size and wrinkle over time. I truly don't know what I really believe along these lines since I've not done the research myself, but with those befores and afters I had to take a chance!

Hollywood - I am planning to follow the routine to a "T" with the exception of color over the LG in the daytime. My lips aren't really in that bad of shape at this time, it's more of the lip line and vertical wrinkles above my lips that concern me and I still think I can achieve that with this small cheat.

Cesce - Kandis does do colors but according to her your lips aren't ready to use the colors until 3 weeks after fully using her system. Hence my dilemna. I sent her a pic of my favorite color lipgloss on me and she's going to try to find one of hers that matches the closest. She is also going to send a small sample she had left from a batch her chemist made of a color that she thinks will work for me. Talk about service!

All of the other ladies who just purchased the system - please report back with your results as well! Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I too expressed some concern about no lip color and Kandis emailed me this evening that she's sending a sample of color to me too. I'm so impressed with her service. I can't tell you how excited I am about this.

Kimberly
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm hoping, hoping that you love the products as much as I do! With skincare, I never bought into the idea that your skin had to look worse before it got better..there was something s hard for me to digest about that. These products feel good right away! I've learned so much from this forum..so I'm hoping that you sweet gals love it as much as I do!! Keep me posted as to how you like it, OK?
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl, I agree with you about taking a chance having seen those (apparently genuine) befores and afters. I also plan to follow the routine to a 'T', and it is also the lip line and vertical wrinkles that I want to address. We shall have to compare notes! I didn't realise, because I clearly didn't read the website properly, that you had to go without colour for 3 weeks or so. Ah well, no biggie: as I said, I don't get out that much so I'm sure I'll cope. (I always, even after 20 years, make sure I'm made up and looking reasonable for the husband coming home from work, but I really don't think he'd notice the lack of lipstick Laughing )

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well, ladies, we are following each other around the board. I ordered this kit to add yet another tool to the box in the lip arena so I'll add my comments, as well.

I think color could be added but lightly and if necessary though I don't mind not wearing any as long as my lips aren't dry.

5% products discount

Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi. Add me to the list of cave-ins! LOL Laughing I will try to post my results after I receive it.

Donna
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
catski - I don't know the answer to your question but you could email Kandis and I'm sure she tell you. I think this concept is similar to the NaturDerm's idea of no silicone. Kandis' site explains it a bit but basically states that the waxes used in balms/lipsticks suffocate our lips and why they shrink in size and wrinkle over time. I truly don't know what I really believe along these lines since I've not done the research myself, but with those befores and afters I had to take a chance!
Very Happy

I can believe this. It does make sense. Thanks for explaining it so well, TAMgirl99.
Is it a 'for ever' system - ie does there come a time when you DONT have to hairdry your lips and wear no lipstick except her own ones?
I can feel another 'giving up something I thought I was addicted to ' thing coming to get me.. Embarassed I just gave up coffee and wheat.. Whodathunk I'd be giving up lipstick as well!
I am really looking forward to hearing all your feedback, ladies. This is very interesting!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
please keep posting on this!! I'm dying to know if it's for real.
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I know that I am going to give in and order this. I have really dry lips, and they have also thinned with age. I hope it's as good as it sounds
Ricky
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I got my package yesterday. It's a very nice presentation with the silver box tied with a bow.

I started last night and love the hair dryer on the lips step. Hollywood, which day option are you using? My lips feel wonderful today. Did you ever start to peel?

Kimberly
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm.... now I'm really tempted, LOL! Ladies who have this kit, could you do me a favor and post all the ingredients so I can see if it's vegetarian-friendly/ castor oil-free or not? TIA!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kimberly,

In the morning, I use the lip conditioner followed by the lip glaze-that's all! I do all four steps every evening. Still, my lips have not begun the "molting" (lol!) process. I love how my lips feel, but I was looking forward to shedding my old lips and new Angelie lips appearing!! I have been using Kandis' Sexy Mama gloss for a little color during the day and that is the most beautiful color! So, no cheating from this girl!! Kandis said that I just need to be patient. Patience, what's that? Hey, I should have learned my patience lesson with the JM eyelash serum as I almost swapped my tube of gold away after one week of use.

Which method have you been using in the morning?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I started using the system a few nights ago and have already noticed drying out and some peeling. That's probably due to the fact that I already was treating my lips or perhaps everyone's reaction time is different - not sure.

Anyway, I have only been using the system - no other lip products - so I can both make sure I don't slow anything down by not following it to the letter and also to see how it all works.

My routine is like Hollywood's. I follow the 4-step (skip exfol every other night) and during the day, I use the Lip Creme and Night Glaze but that's it.

I wonder, though, if and when it all improves, is it possible to wear normal lippies on occasion? I love my faves and would hope that I can still wear them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I was actually wondering that, too. Can't part with my fave Nars lippies..but I'm hoping that at some point that I will be able to alternate Kandis's color with regular lipsticks..all the while using her system in the eve and early morning. In the meantime, I'm really loving the Sexy Mama gloss--did you receive that in your package?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
No, I did not - assuming so as I did not order it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just got back from Vegas and thought I would update. I tried the kit Friday afternoon since I just couldn't wait and loved how my lips felt afterwards. So, that night and the next day I just used the nc/lg application with a bit of my lipstick on top during the day. That night my lips started getting really dried out, so I think I'm going to peel right away with this system. I've been a lip balm addict pretty much my entire life so it doesn't surprise me. I decided that since I was going to really peel, I would wait to start until I got back and got my colored gloss from Kandis. I will report back when I do.

Hollywood - how would you describe the color of Sexy Mama? Can you compare it to another gloss/lipstick?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawag - I didn't see your post before I submitted mine. It sounds like our lips are reacting about the same. I forgot to mention in my post just now that I'm also waiting on using the system full-time because I noticed last night that my vertical lip lines were gone! Shock The ones around the lip border were still there but the ones above the lip were not. The only thing I've added to my routine is the Edelwiess serum so I have to assume that's what is repairing them. However, I know the Edelwiess most likely won't repair the lip border lines so that's where I'm hoping this kit will come in. I wanted to make sure that I separated the Edelwiess from this kit so that I could determine which product actually helped my lines. I've only been using it for a week, but so far the Edelwiess is a winner! Very Happy
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl - do you notice anything else other than the drying? I don't have wrinkles but I'm sort of interested for the plumping effect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I only started last night. This morning I used Option one...which is LC and then three rounds of Night Glaze. My lips are so soft I can't imagine them peeling with this. Tomorrow I might try option 2. Kandis sent me Runway Star. I chose to go without color today as I really want to do this right and Kandis said our lips weren't ready for color. I might cheat this week-end as I'll be out of town. I can't wait to hear everyone's progress.

kimberly
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Scalawag - I didn't see your post before I submitted mine. It sounds like our lips are reacting about the same. I forgot to mention in my post just now that I'm also waiting on using the system full-time because I noticed last night that my vertical lip lines were gone! Shock The ones around the lip border were still there but the ones above the lip were not. The only thing I've added to my routine is the Edelwiess serum so I have to assume that's what is repairing them. However, I know the Edelwiess most likely won't repair the lip border lines so that's where I'm hoping this kit will come in. I wanted to make sure that I separated the Edelwiess from this kit so that I could determine which product actually helped my lines. I've only been using it for a week, but so far the Edelwiess is a winner! Very Happy

Hey ya! I noticed that when I first started, I didn't think I'd get dry or peel but, lo and behold, it started happening! Now, I'm keeping the Night Glaze on and when it dries out (or I eat and it comes off), I reapply the lip creme and then more glaze.

I'd like to hear more about the Runway Start and Sexy Mama colors as they might be a nice option while things are working their way out.

As for the Edelweiss, whoa, I love it! Between that and my Nuface, my neck lines are going bye-bye!!!

Quote:
Scalawaggirl - do you notice anything else other than the drying? I don't have wrinkles but I'm sort of interested for the plumping effect.

Rjez, yes, I do, actually! There is a plumping feeling that I get after I apply the lip creme and then the night glaze (daily application). Also, at night, when I do the blow dry step, it also plumps up my lips. They were looking better this morning, as a matter of fact. I haven't plumped today w/my Luscious Lips but I think I'll do a pull to keep them conditioned. Don't want all that work to go to waste!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl,
Man, was I typing to fast for my brain today. The lip color I got from Kandis is called Runway Goddess and I'd describe it as a little lighter than Dolce Vita. I'm curious to hear about Sexy Mama.

Kimberly
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Mine arrived today: agreed that the packaging is gorgeous. I didn't get a sample colour, though *pout*. So far as the products are concerned, I don't know yet. We'll see when I begin the regime.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |