Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
patrod wrote:
OMG, I was trying to stop the hostility. Kinda like throwing a stick of dynamite in a fire. It worked for a short while, anyway. I apologize for any bad feelings I may have caused.

thank you, pat. it's just a sore spot for me, since i've paid for my education myself, and then i willingly left a six-figure salary, to be ... an academic. and i get a lot of flack for it, and it bothers me. people always dubbed me a dumb blonde when i was young, and now I'm a pretentious intellectual. anyways, thank you, and carry on, everyone, with their progress.... and i wish for all of you that it is progress indeed!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
It has come to my attention that lately....well, we may have some PMS issues in the forum.

I used to get sensitive like this but at the end of last year..I changed. Cool

I think it's everyone's right to see ingredients just as it is everyone's right to not purchase it if they are not provided.

Having said that, I like the fact that Kandis is here to answer questions but at the same time I find that people get defensive knowing that she's here!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
PocoLoco wrote:
I do use the Quasar on my lips once a week and last night is when I used it last. I will pay attention to whether this newfound fullness stays around, after the Quasar effect fade a bit. I'd say it's a nice combination, the L2K and the Quasar. Smile

Poco;
Do you still use BQ or have you upgraded to QSP? I've ordered my L2K system (and am patiently waiting Rolling Eyes) and will be ordering BQ soon (no $$$ for QSP Sad). It'd be great to know that BQ and L2K work nicely together Wink.

Everyone else using the system;
I haven't received my L2K yet, but I tried the blow-drying thingy last night - just to see how that works and feels Embarassed. I have to say that I felt a lot of burning on my lips and my face and had to keep my blow-dryer very far from my face. This caused the hot air to get all over my face, not just my lips. And that didn't really feel comfortable + I'm not sure how good it is to blow-dry your face with hot air for 90 sec Confused .
How are all of you doing your blow-drying thing? Any comments/suggestions would be great!

Thanks! R. Smile

I find it soothing. I have one of those hair dryers you get in a motel room, hangs on the wall with only low or medium heat, no high setting. I put mine on medium and it works just fine. Feels sooooooooooo good.

BTW I love this hair dryer, even has a nite light and it's real handy.
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

Right now, I am feeling really awful. I originally posted on this forum as I thought I had discovered this "little gem" to give back in a way that everyone had given to me. Almost immediately, EDS members began ordering the product after my early review. Kandis was curious what I had done to spark such interest and I directed her to the forum. In her defense, I don't think she was familiar with the forum environment and unwritten rules, so she very enthusiastically began to post about her product and answer questions. I don't know the cosmetics industry very well...but the fact that she was answering E-mails at midnight was impressive to me in and of itself. She also shipped within seconds--all the things we ask of a good e-tailer. She also personally tried to trouble-shoot any problems. I have my own business as well..and sometimes it does feel like my baby and I think you can see that she feels this way about her product and is very emotionally attached to its results.

I have dealt with unscrupulous competitors in my business and it's no fun. This may be why she's holding the exact ingredient listing until the infomercial release...I really don't know. Most entrepreneurs work long hours and are very dedicated to their work/product.

If you try the product and don't get results...you should definitely write an honest review..but I feel that we have really hurt someone's feelings whose main fault was that she was trying to help. I think we're all about supporting each other..but we all don't necessarily like or use the same products.

I guess that's all I wanted to say.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
hollywood wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Right now, I am feeling really awful. I originally posted on this forum as I thought I had discovered this "little gem" to give back in a way that everyone had given to me. Almost immediately, EDS members began ordering the product after my early review. Kandis was curious what I had done to spark such interest and I directed her to the forum. In her defense, I don't think she was familiar with the forum environment and unwritten rules, so she very enthusiastically began to post about her product and answer questions. I don't know the cosmetics industry very well...but the fact that she was answering E-mails at midnight was impressive to me in and of itself. She also shipped within seconds--all the things we ask of a good e-tailer. She also personally tried to trouble-shoot any problems. I have my own business as well..and sometimes it does feel like my baby and I think you can see that she feels this way about her product and is very emotionally attached to its results.

I have dealt with unscrupulous competitors in my business and it's no fun. This may be why she's holding the exact ingredient listing until the infomercial release...I really don't know. Most entrepreneurs work long hours and are very dedicated to their work/product.

If you try the product and don't get results...you should definitely write an honest review..but I feel that we have really hurt someone's feelings whose main fault was that she was trying to help. I think we're all about supporting each other..but we all don't necessarily like or use the same products.

I guess that's all I wanted to say.

Hollywood, I am one of the happy product users of this system thanks to your review so don't feel badly. Everyone here has the right to add/ignore comments for their own reasons but I don't care for the way Kandis was made to feel. You're right that she could not have known the forum environment and so, in my opinion, was trying to be helpful in her way - and I do also understand how it may rub people the wrong way but that's a personal issue and should be overlooked, I think.

I know that there are many members who want an ingredient list, which they should get but I think the tone of the request is what might have been misinterpreted and so another post becomes negative-feeling. Perhaps, we should all set aside our touchy feelings and move forward with sharing our experience with the products, which is the beauty of this forum. Vendors can post ingredient lists, testimonials and so on but it's the members here who really try products that I mainly trust.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have been eagerly reading this forum for over a year and trying many of the products which members have raved about. Some have been winners...but more have been expensive losers. That's OK..I accept the risk of trying new products in the hopes I will find one that works well for me. I appreciate everyone's reviews and recommendations.
I have been using the L2K system for over a month..following all the instructions to the letter. I can't say that my lips have plumped all that much, but I can tell you that my lips have not been in such good shape in many years. They are very soft and much less lined. In addition, I have more natural color than ever before. Overall, I am thrilled with this product and will continue to use it whether I know the ingredients or not.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
hollywood

If you're feeling bad because you feel that Kandis got her feelings hurt and that you were the one that led her here, I would just say that you also are probably responsible for getting her an awful lot of business that she might not have gotten otherwise.

I thought your review was a very good one, and I've followed the thread with a fair amount of interest.

You really shouldn't feel bad at all. Wink
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl - love your posts (comments and photos!)

PocoLoco wrote:
I am starting week two and I have to admit that I have not been 100% diligent because I do not blow-dry my lips every night. (I don't want to be teased by my husband...)

Laughing Laughing Laughing I know EXACTLY what you mean. He did catch me early on and didn't even ask ... So now, I just blow-dry whenever I want. Since it's been cold, I do love using the blow dryer more than once a day.

My review after 3-4 weeks of use:

Pros:
- My lips look slightly fuller and some days they are absolutely stunning.
- Using the blow dryer is actually very convenient now. Since I'm always cold, it feels good and I also use that time to dry whatever creams I have on my skin ...

Cons:
- I thought I "could" use Carekate's or other products after the first couple of weeks. I'm not sure when I'll be allowed to do so but really want to get to a point where I just use the system at night.
- Applying LG/NG frequently during the day is difficult at work.

the 'I dunno's"
- They are soft but they felt really soft using Carekate's products
- My lips used to peel horribly but stopped once I started HA capsules.
- I'm not a huge "ingredients" person. Sure, I want to know the main actives to make sure I'm not doubling up, but overall, I just avoid anything that sounds fishy.

Lastly, I do feel sorry for Kandis because she seems to have been a little unprepared for how clinical this forum views products. We're not like MUA where someone just posts reviews. I do think the questions were valid - I just don't think she's used to the scientific scrutiny and it took her by surprise - plus, email sounds impersonal.

I've purchased 2 kits, but I'm going to see how my lips look and feel in Month #3. If they're consisently more full ... what the hell, I don't need to buy LipFusion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
Scalawaggirl - love your posts (comments and photos!)

I've purchased 2 kits, but I'm going to see how my lips look and feel in Month #3. If they're consisently more full ... what the hell, I don't need to buy LipFusion.

Rjez! Thanks! I feel exactly the same way about my LipFusion - hell, it's almost $60, if I recall correctly, and doesn't do anything except a bit of plump and moisture by gloss. The whole 3-piece replacement for Lips2Kiss is less than that. I'm cool with that because I can see the changes.

One thing I started doing that made a big change was following Kandis's idea to apply the Night Glaze right from the tube using the round part. It makes it so much easier than putting it on your finger first. Smile Now, it's a quick slap of Night Cream and then 15 seconds later, the Glaze. This combo works best for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

One thing I started doing that made a big change was following Kandis's idea to apply the Night Glaze right from the tube using the round part. It makes it so much easier than putting it on your finger first. Smile Now, it's a quick slap of Night Cream and then 15 seconds later, the Glaze. This combo works best for me.

Yeah, I learned really quick (after accidentally squirting NG into my mouth) to tilt and use one drop of NG.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Scally -

If I may ask, are you still using the other products/gadgets in your lip plumping arsenal along with L2K or did you quit all of those cold turkey (i.e.: the HA/collagen pills, lip/penile pump-thingy, DMAE or peptide serums, and/or anything else you were trying) so you could concentrate on L2K? Or are you still using some of those other ‘treatments’ in conjunction with it? I think it would be nice if you could post some of your “before” pix that showcase your lips from the other threads and post them here along with your “after L2K” pix so that we can so your progress...hint, hint! Very Happy Personally, this is what *I’ve* been waiting for (the B&A pix from trusted EDS members) as I straddle the fence on this system.

TIA,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Scally -

If I may ask, are you still using the other products/gadgets in your lip plumping arsenal along with L2K or did you quit all of those cold turkey (i.e.: the HA/collagen pills, lip/penile pump-thingy, DMAE or peptide serums, and/or anything else you were trying) so you could concentrate on L2K? Or are you still using some of those other ‘treatments’ in conjunction with it? I think it would be nice if you could post some of your “before” pix that showcase your lips from the other threads and post them here along with your “after L2K” pix so that we can so your progress...hint, hint! Very Happy Personally, this is what *I’ve* been waiting for (the B&A pix from trusted EDS members) as I straddle the fence on this system.

TIA,
Carrie

Great question, young lady. Smile I actually quit absolutely everything EXCEPT my copper peptides because they get rubbed all over my face (including lips); however, I don't think that the collagen rebuilding effects of CPs are quite that quick to show up. I believe it is a slow and steady rebuilding. Also, they never did anything for keeping my lips moist. Smile

Here are a few before and afters so everyone can compare! Just a reminder, though, I've only been using the Lips2Kiss system for about 40 days (I think, as I started in the beginning of December). The first photo was taken on 10/11/06 well before starting the system. The second was taken today 1/9/07 (40 days about from starting) and the last was from a week ago with the lip color Sonoma for comparison. Hope it helps as I can clearly see a difference (thanks for the reminder to post a comparison, Carekate). You may note that my lip color is much brighter and the edges have rounded out considerably. I am not wearing anything but balm in the first photo and in the second, I have a layer of the Night Cream then the Night Glaze. This is what I normally wear when I don't wear the lip color/glaze combo. Damn, I'm even more happy now with my progress! Five months, my lips will be big old puff balls!

Smile

Oh, and for the record, I want to say that I DO NOT think the pics on Kandis's site are photoshopped at all. I am getting the same results as those users and all I did was crop and resize the pics for ease of view.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Your lips look great! I am so glad they rounded out. Thank you so much for showing up scalawag! I was thinking maybe all these other ladies were right, and my impulse buy might be a scam. But seeing is believing (from you). I'm so excited again.

I have this problem... the top left corner of my upper lip is considerably shorter than my bottom lip, I have tried to cover it up all my life. I'm hoping L2K will help.

side note: I have been spraying O2 (before the cream) with hopes of faster results? Has anyone tried this? Do you think I might be inhibiting the process?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
zumlya wrote:
Your lips look great! I am so glad they rounded out. Thank you so much for showing up scalawag! I was thinking maybe all these other ladies were right, and my impulse buy might be a scam. But seeing is believing (from you). I'm so excited again.

I have this problem... the top left corner of my upper lip is considerably shorter than my bottom lip, I have tried to cover it up all my life. I'm hoping L2K will help.

side note: I have been spraying O2 (before the cream) with hopes of faster results? Has anyone tried this? Do you think I might be inhibiting the process?

I totally hear you on the uneven aspects of lips! I used to line the bejeezus out of mine to get them looking right. Now, I use the color (like Sonoma) to create a line but I just follow my lips now rather than "drawing". Smile As for the O2, I think you're fine with it as I also have it though haven't used it for that purpose but I doubt that it will conflict in any way. That said, I don't know whether it will decrease the time needed since it's a matter of rejuvinating all of your lip layers. Just definitely follow the steps to the letter (I did and do) - use the blow dryer step and keep your lips hydrated! It really does work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Oh, and for the record, I want to say that I DO NOT think the pics on Kandis's site are photoshopped at all. I am getting the same results as those users and all I did was crop and resize the pics for ease of view.

I'm sorry, I do not agree.

Her skin looks grainy in the first one (effects of sharpened edges) and the distinction between her lips and skin are just about void in the second (and it's blurry and stretched)

here's five minutes of my own lips with mgi photosuite. I took this pic last night to post about brick red lipstick, but now I'm using it to this purpose...Please don't judge my dry lip wrinkles!
before:
after:
original photo:

Please don't believe everything you see. Scalawaggagirl, I see that your lips are nice and plump and full.
The ONLY thing I'm annoyed about is that these pictures are OBVIOUSLY photoshopped, and not even done well. It seems like Kandis doesn't even need to do this to sell her product; in my opinion, it undermines the integrity of the product.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
havana8

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Avalange, absolutely no offence intended, but that is your opinion, which you are, of course, entitled to and which I respect. Smile However, none of us can definitively say what was or wasn't done as only Kandis and the subjects know.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Avalange, when I first looked at those photos on the L2K website, I thought that maybe the second photo was just blurry and maybe it a different vantage point (closer). Could that cause the same thing that you believe is photo-shopping?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
you guys, its all possible. i am very familiar with amateurish photoshopping techniques, and I've used all of them rather unsuccessfully, and these just shouted out at me. But I could VERY well be wrong, and you are right, it IS just my opinion.

--avalange

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
The difference that I see between your offered pics is that you clearly changed the overall shape using another, original photograph as a basis.

While the pics from Kandis's site are not very clear (referring to 2nd one here), it is obvious to me that they are the same pair of lips - the shape is still the same but more filled out. Your example is completely different. Also, the only thing I see lacking in the 2nd photo (Kandis's again), is that it is blurry so makes comparing lines difficult. However, it does show that the lips have filled out and are healthier. That is why I bought the system and am using it. I do not know for certain but would assume that the photos are from actual users of Lips2Kiss and so may be the reason for the not-so-great renditions.

Lastly, my comparison pictures are showing the same results as those posted on Kandis's site. I do not believe that it's a fluke and so am very happy with my progress. Frankly, it's clear we disagree. I gather the best comparison would be for you to try it out and then post an honest review.

Edited: Sorry, Avalange. I reread this and it sounded a little pissy so I edited it to remove any "attitude".

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
well regardless of photoshop or no photoshop, Scala's lips are DEF alot different!!! hmmm might have to check into this. Thanks for the pics scala....btw, great lips!! Quick question, are your lips that way all day, all nite, or just x amount of hours afterwards?

thanks,
Melissa
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
well regardless of photoshop or no photoshop, Scala's lips are DEF alot different!!! hmmm might have to check into this. Thanks for the pics scala....btw, great lips!! Quick question, are your lips that way all day, all nite, or just x amount of hours afterwards?

thanks,
Melissa

Melissa, they are this way all the time except for when I wake up - everything's puffier, including my eyes! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Looking good, Scallawagirl. Smile
havana8

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
That's a dramatic visible change, Scalawa... and very motivating! I really appreciate your documenting-of-the-progress abilities and patience. Hurray for us!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Scala,

Ok one more stupid question, I thought I'd read no lipstick, which was a stop for me on trying this, but you have it on? Is that from her line? And I def think the difference in your lips is dramatic, they were not bad before either.

thanks,

Melissa
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Scala - your lips look wonderful! Now I'm kicking myself for not taking photos. I just get too eager. My progress is similar to yours. I notice that my lips are smooth and have puffed out the lines. Nothing too dramatic just yet - but I personally can see a difference.

I also know that my lips did not get this puffy with CityLips, SwellLips, or Lip Venom.

I have not tried Carekate's lip plumper or LipFusion.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |