Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Poco - thanks!

Havana - you're welcome! I know it really helps to see pictures. Wink You will really love it.

Melissa - you're also right - no other lip products (I've got a drawer full, BTW) until the lips are fully rejuvinated. I'm giving it 5-6 months, I think. After that, I believe it is okay to use the system at night only but I want to get the most bang for the buck.

Rjez - thanks, girl. Seems like we are right in line with our progress from your other posts. I take pics all the time because I do so many things THOUGH it was tough finding a front shot with no lipstick/gloss/color. Smile I have tried LipFusion XL, Sally Hansen and quite a few others including the lip pump. While they all had an effect, nothing kept the plump and it wore off quickly. Also, I don't really care for the super glossy feeling of LipFusion and the others. The Night Glaze, while glossy is not sticky at all so I don't mind it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
The difference that I see between your offered pics is that you clearly changed the overall shape using another, original photograph as a basis.

While the pics from Kandis's site are not very clear (referring to 2nd one here), it is obvious to me that they are the same pair of lips - the shape is still the same but more filled out. Your example is completely different. Also, the only thing I see lacking in the 2nd photo (Kandis's again), is that it is blurry so makes comparing lines difficult. However, it does show that the lips have filled out and are healthier. That is why I bought the system and am using it. I do not know for certain but would assume that the photos are from actual users of Lips2Kiss and so may be the reason for the not-so-great renditions.

Lastly, my comparison pictures are showing the same results as those posted on Kandis's site. I do not believe that it's a fluke and so am very happy with my progress. Frankly, it's clear we disagree. I gather the best comparison would be for you to try it out and then post an honest review.

Edited: Sorry, Avalange. I reread this and it sounded a little pissy so I edited it to remove any "attitude".

no problem, scalawaggirl...

Just remember that I'm not disputing the effectivity of the product as ALL, it is just the presentation that bothers me. Like I said before, your lips look fabulous, and as more people continue to test the product, we will see if it indeed works for most everyone.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Great picks Scalawa!! And fab lips Cool!!
Now I am even happier about ordering the system Very Happy.
I can hardly wait to receive my package.
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:23 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl your lips look great & your skin is so flawless...how come everyone on this forum is so gorgeous, I don't get it?! hmm

Well I have been using the system for just over 2 weeks & I *honestly* believe my lips are healthier, & definitely more hydrated. In all fairness to Kandis I think I will give this system a few months then I will judge/say whether it works or not. I know I always have a bad habit of using a product for a couple of days & almost always expect miracles to happen overnight Rolling Eyes...I think a lot of people are the same though. But I did promise myself when I order the Lips2Kiss I will be a lot more patient, & make sure I use it properly (even though I haven't been blowdrying every night! Embarassed). At the moment I can definitely say my lips may not be fuller, but they do appear healthier. I will keep you posted on the progress Wink, but I'm not brave enough to put my photos up on the forum! Confused
Mabsy

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Parts of this thread have got a bit toxic - if you care to continue then please take this offline. The posts have been deleted, together with some that were considered to be quite strong product advertising.

Thank you to those members who used the "report post" feature to report both incidences to the moderators.

Please keep the thread on topic and civil. Thank you.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
...how come everyone on this forum is so gorgeous, I don't get it?! hmm

HAhaha ... that's how *I* feel sometimes. It's like, c'mon ... I really need improvement ... why the hell are you using this product? Have you seen some of the before photos of people using JMAIE? Sheesh, their before photos are what I aspire to in my 'afters'.

Safire wrote:
I know I always have a bad habit of using a product for a couple of days & almost always expect miracles to happen overnight Rolling Eyes...I think a lot of people are the same though.

I'm with you there too. I am soooo impatient. My lips do look better and it is cheaper than LipFusion XL but it's still not a must-have for me and it seems like every year I have a whole new set of faves anyway.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Please keep the thread on topic and civil. Thank you.

{hand slap}noted Embarassed
I'd like to apologize to everyone reading this thread. Not a great excuse but I work in aesthetics and medical marketing all day ... I obviously get very defensive by night-time.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
A number of posts after my most recent post, have been deleted. KANDIS - any more responses like that one I just had to delete will not turn out to be good for your business, you will be turning people away.

Please make this the end of the discussion and return to discussing the product itself. Any more o/t posts will lock this thread or delete it alltogether.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed today that I'm peeling again, the second time, and I'm wondering how many of you have done this also. If you have, was it a quick peel or did the second take a little longer?

TIA
kimberly
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I noticed today that I'm peeling again, the second time, and I'm wondering how many of you have done this also. If you have, was it a quick peel or did the second take a little longer?

TIA
kimberly

I wasn't peeling the first week I was using the system, but have been peeling ever since & it has been almost 3 weeks now. I guess maybe someone that has been using the products for a few months would be able to answer your question better. But I do remember Kandis saying something about the peeling process even occuring on & off over a 2 month period Question ...but I don't remember 100% so I could be wrong & I hope I am! Laughing
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys. I'm still peeling but it goes in phases. Some days, I'm normal and then a few days later, they peel again. I just try to keep them moist, which seems to work for me (oh and using the exfoliator, as well).

I imagine that depending on how much revitalization you need, it could be a fairly steady peel process until they get refreshed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
Just adding, Kandis just emailed me that she will provide an ingrediant listing for me later this week. So that will ease my mind. Wink

And I think she said she is coming out with an infomercial soon?

Did you receive the ingredients? I am not suggesting you post them here, just wanted to know if she has sent them to you.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
No - But K did say (on my email asking about them)that she would get them to me by Friday afternoon, and if she forgot, to email her again.

I told her that was fine, as I did not need it this second. But do need it before reordering.

She is currently tied up working on her infomercial, and had some deadline issues, to meet this week. And was at a time crunch, and she mentioned she needed to retype the info for me.

I will remind her if needed, and will post once I receive them
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Wow! You are quick to reply! I am excited to see if you get them. I could really understand it if she was a bit hesitant to give them to any of us forum members now after the photos from her website were posted here...
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
For me it's constant peeling, the peeling is different than my dry lips peeling. It falls off a lot easier and seems literally like 'dead skin'. Before I have mentioned it similar to a snake shedding it's skin.

Scala--you put CP's on your lips? Does it work? I never thought you could. If so I should stop adding that into my routine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
For me it's constant peeling, the peeling is different than my dry lips peeling. It falls off a lot easier and seems literally like 'dead skin'. Before I have mentioned it similar to a snake shedding it's skin.

Scala--you put CP's on your lips? Does it work? I never thought you could. If so I should stop adding that into my routine.

Mine don't constantly peel but when they do, it's just like you described, Aries.

Re: CPs, yes, I do apply them to my lips and have done so since starting them - I do not know of any harm doing this since lips need collagen rebuilding, too! In fact, I think it works well with the L2K system because CPs provide healing, too. I just smear my CPs all over my face (use them in the PM).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I also do Cps (serum)on lips, have done so for 3 years now. Its good for them. Wink

The CP cream does have menthol, I probably would not recomend it on lips, as that can be drying and irritaing. can cause dryness and peeling on some.

My peeling is very minor, I have used the sys for two weeks and have two small peeling times. Both only lasted a day or two. I could feel it more then I could see it.

My lips seem dryer on the second week then they did on my first week of use. But they also look a bit plumper, though it may be my imagination also, as its very soon. LOL
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
I also do Cps (serum)on lips, have done so for 3 years now. Its good for them. Wink

The CP cream does have menthol, I probably would not recomend it on lips, as that can be drying and irritaing. can cause dryness and peeling on some.

My peeling is very minor, I have used the sys for two weeks and have two small peeling times. Both only lasted a day or two. I could feel it more then I could see it.

My lips seem dryer on the second week then they did on my first week of use. But they also look a bit plumper, though it may be my imagination also, as its very soon. LOL

Take pics woman! Even if you don't post them, they're great for reference and especially this type of change, which is hard to guage without them.

I use a mix of CP Serum & Super CP Serum (weaning over to strictly Super eventually); this is what I apply to my lips. Then, when I use the Night Eye Premier (make sure to use Premier - the original formula was problematic), I apply another smear to my lips (I'm CP crazy). I use the serums, Folligen (but think MSM is far more effective), Super Cop 2x and BND now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I have pics, but did not take and makeup free ones until a few days ago. Smile My older pics, I have on makeup, so harder to tell.

I use CP Super Serum mixed with COP 2x. I agree MSM is more effective then Folligen for me also.

(I take MSM suppliments, not a lotion)
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
I have pics, but did not take until a few days ago. Smile

I use CP Super Serum mixed with COP 2x. I agree MSM is more effective then Folligen for me also.

Wow, CP Super Serum mixed w/SC2x...that's what I aspire to when I'm a big girl. Laughing

Maybe in 6 months or so!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
LOL at "when I'm a big girl" ...Smile

Well I have been using CPs for a few years now. I was able to start with the Super Serum though, as my skin is not at all sensitive.

But some people can never get passed the plain serum. Thats okay though - you need to use what works best for you. Wink
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Wow. You ladies have some nerve. I PM'd Scalla last night to make sure I understood her correctly about putting the cp on lips. I am putting it on my breasts however. Do I get points for that?

Tangal, I wanted to tell you that I did start the Face2Flaunt full strength daytime too and those 11's are almost gone. This stuff amazes me. I wondered about mixing it with my Emu oil and applying it that way.

Kimberly
I swore my lips were a little plumper *little* in the second week too so it may not be your imagination.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I've peeled about 3x now. The first time was the worst and started about 4 days into the system. I was exfoliating like crazy and it lasted about 2 days.

The 2nd and 3rd times were one day events where just the inner portions were dry and scaley. I limited myself to once/day exfoliation but the big difference was that when I started rubbing the cream in, the skin started balling up so I continued and manually exfoliated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Tangal and Scallawag, when you refer to MSM being better than Folligen, do you mean that taking MSM supplements is more effective for increasing hair growth than applying Folligen lotion? I think I need to start taking my MSM...I have 1500 mg tablets and when I take one, it upsets my stomach. Maybe I need to work up to it.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
yes taking MSM was is more effective, then Folligen spray or cream. And yes you DO need to build up your dose, and take with food in your stomach.

One study I read showed 4000 mcg taken daily for 6 weeks showed increase in hair growth speed, thickness, and shine in 80% or so of the test subjects. I also saw results in myself, and in 6 weeks had a lash growth increase. Friends who also use it found the same.

I take a powder version myself, since I take a lot. Easier to take twice a day, and less concern with fillers and such. (2000 in the am and 2000 in the pm)
www.msm-msm.com orwww.bio-alternatives.net are good sources.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |