Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Bluesheart - Yeah on the 11s going away!!!! Hate those things myself.

I personally would not mix it. If you want to use the Emu, apply after the Flaunt. I would wait 15 min.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Same as Tangal but I've been taking it once a day though I've tried to figure out how I'd comfortably take it 2x (I'm on the road a lot).

My eyebrows are getting thicker since upping my dosage to 4000mg.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
if you have powder put some in a ziploc bag with a small measuring spoon, and add some to your coffee, soda, whatever. Wink

Keep it in your suitcase.

Wanted to add - LOVE the way my lips look after the blow dry, and the NG coat. Yowza!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
my eyebrows and lashs both got thcker, and it helped my skin also, made it more plump or something. Just more "better" not sure exactly how.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Scallawag, Hollywood, Blue, Rjez and others, was your "after blowdry" look anything simular to what you feel you are seeing after continous product use, through the day? I am hoping that will be the case for me......
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
if you have powder put some in a ziploc bag with a small measuring spoon, and add some to your coffee, soda, whatever. Wink

Keep it in your suitcase.

Wanted to add - LOVE the way my lips look after the blow dry, and the NG coat. Yowza!

Great idea about keeping some w/me and adding it to my drinks. I'll do that from now on. Your lips should start looking more like after the blow dry during the day. Mine are much plumper even without the glaze. BTW, how long have you been using the L2K?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
2 weeks tomarrow
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Got ya. You should definitely see improvements during the day, then. I started really noticing change around the 30 day mark though did go through the normal steps like peeling and so forth. I think the blow dry step should not be overlooked for how much it gets the Hydrator into the tissue.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
good deal then, heres hoping.

I have tryed lots of lip plumpers, HA suppliments etc. And they never did much for me personally on my lips. Though I know they work so wonderfully for many others.

So this was kind of a "last chance" I guess LOL.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal, thank you! You really are so knowledgeable about everything beauty related. I have to try MSM now. I am trying to grow my lashes AND hair, but I don't want a mustache. Will it grow my mustache?

Tangal wrote:
yes taking MSM was is more effective, then Folligen spray or cream. And yes you DO need to build up your dose, and take with food in your stomach.

One study I read showed 4000 mcg taken daily for 6 weeks showed increase in hair growth speed, thickness, and shine in 80% or so of the test subjects. I also saw results in myself, and in 6 weeks had a lash growth increase. Friends who also use it found the same.

I take a powder version myself, since I take a lot. Easier to take twice a day, and less concern with fillers and such. (2000 in the am and 2000 in the pm)
www.msm-msm.com orwww.bio-alternatives.net are good sources.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
it did not effect my facal or body hair. But if you feel it does. - just stop your dose. It clears out of the system in 12 hours, so you should be fine.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal, I checked out the two web sites you provided. GREAT web sites. Thank you. Which one of them did you use to order your MSM?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I order from either depending on who has the best prices at the time.

I prefer powder. It stirs easily into any drink hot or cold, but does dissolve faster in warm/hot drinks. Slight bitter taste, so use with a sweet dring, juice, tea, soda.

Sometimes the MSN site is out so then I get it from Bio if the prices are the same. Both are excellent companys with terrific Customer Service. MSM has a messageboard to help if you have questions, and Kerry will reply to your emails promptly. (Hes the owner)

The container for the powder at BIOis a bit heavier duty then the one from MSM. So I use that container and just reorder the cheaper pouchs and refill it. (store pouchs in a darh cupboard)

Do take Vit C at least 500 mg daily, (probably in your multi) helps the MSM work better. Do read the Tips and FAQ on MSM at the MSM-MSM site. Good info there.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal,
Yes, my lips now look very much like right after the blowdry. It seemed to be gradual. I'd wake up in the morning and the lips were still that plump and then the time just seemed to extend. I don't know if anyone else noticed this and man, I may sound like a loon but I can kind of tell when the lips start to become even more plumper. If you look at the upper lip line you can see it starting to fill out but the lips might not be quite there yet. I hope that made sense. LOL

Kimberly
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal, you are soooooooo sweet. Thank you so much.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Tangal,
Yes, my lips now look very much like right after the blowdry. It seemed to be gradual. I'd wake up in the morning and the lips were still that plump and then the time just seemed to extend. I don't know if anyone else noticed this and man, I may sound like a loon but I can kind of tell when the lips start to become even more plumper. If you look at the upper lip line you can see it starting to fill out but the lips might not be quite there yet. I hope that made sense. LOL

Kimberly

Makes perfect sense. That's exactly what mine are doing. I first noticed it because one side of my upper lip is kind of pointy and it is starting to round out. I'm extremely happy about his because I asked a plastic surgeon last fall, if there was any way to fix that and he said "nope". Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Blue, and SGirl - uber cool. I am hoping. Wink

Cherisse - you are welcome!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
One more thing. Don't panic if one side seems to plump more than the other. That happened to me and I started to worry imagining lopsided lips but if you look at the pics at the L2K site you can see in a couple that that happens. Sure enough, my right side caught up with the left.

kimberly
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
ahhh..Good Tip!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal - man, I'm heading out to pick up some MSM. I know it's in my 'healthy hair & nails' formula, but not 4,000mcg.

regarding the blowdry effect - yes, I would say it's similar. When I wake up in the morning my lips feel tingly (and dry). The first thing I do is get up and use the LC.

My lips weren't bad to start but I notice that my LOWER lip is fuller. I'd really love to see the upper fill out more but it has improved, and the results are lasting longer than the hour of CityLips.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question for the daytime application. Whether you use the LC an then the NG or the LG and then then NG how do you apply it.

I'm mostly asking those that use the LC and then the NG on top of it. The instructions say 3 coats of NG to every 1 coat of the LC. When it's time to apply the LC again do you rub off the existing coat of NG or do you just apply it on top of the NG?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
I have a question for the daytime application. Whether you use the LC an then the NG or the LG and then then NG how do you apply it.

I'm mostly asking those that use the LC and then the NG on top of it. The instructions say 3 coats of NG to every 1 coat of the LC. When it's time to apply the LC again do you rub off the existing coat of NG or do you just apply it on top of the NG?

Aries, I apply 1 coat of the LC and wait 15 seconds for it to absorb. Then, 1 coat of the NG. I do not reapply until it wears off, then another coat of NG and again - same procedure. After that has absorbed, I start over again w/a new coat of LC. Make sense? I do not follow a specified time line but rather do the next coat when I notice my lips are dry from no product or getting close to it. It's not hard as it's almost second nature now. HTH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:

Aries, I apply 1 coat of the LC and wait 15 seconds for it to absorb. Then, 1 coat of the NG. I do not reapply until it wears off, then another coat of NG and again - same procedure. After that has absorbed, I start over again w/a new coat of LC. Make sense? I do not follow a specified time line but rather do the next coat when I notice my lips are dry from no product or getting close to it. It's not hard as it's almost second nature now. HTH.

Yes it does, thank you Very Happy . Just wasn't sure whether to wipe off the excess before starting the LC again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
The original instructions say 3 to 1 but a few weeks ago Kandis said to try 1 to 1 for dry lips - and that's what I do.

Depending on the day and how crazy it is at work I'll do 1 LC, wait, 1 NG ... whenever my lips start feeling dry ... 1 LC, wait, 1 NG. If I have time, I prefer LG and NG but that's more messy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I am going to try to post my picture from my yahoo album....keeping fingers and toes crossed. But maybe it will just show up as a URL link...WHATEVER! NOTE: I tried without success, so I just posted as a URL....grrrr

Well, I am posting to show that my lips are already rather full. I was wondering if I used a lip plumper thing like L2K or carekate's lip plumper, I would become Angelina Jolie in terms of lips, which I don't want although I think she's really gorgeous. My face just won't go with those huge lips. I just want my lips not to look like a prune. However another challenge is I have this allergic reaction to pretty much everything, except Vaseline lip balm and the Body Shop lipstick which was what I wore in that picture. So any expert in the house? Esp...Carrie herself? Do you think I can use lip plumper without getting the Angelina Jolie's effect? I tried putting Candy's DMAE serum on my lips this AM, and my lips are ok with it. But it tastes a little bitter. It does dry out my lips a little, so I have to put more Vaseline lip balm on them. Can't wait to try the Best Bath Store's lip balm.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bkkgirl_in_ca/album/576460762329201750/photo/294928803406406504/1
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |