Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Lucia- The F2F is not a moisturizer, it will not help if you only use it intermittently, or for dehydration issues.

It is a collagen builder, and you need to use it twice daily for 30-60 days before seeing results.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
OMG, ariesextreme! I want your lips. The natural color looks so good. I'm so jealous. Did you put SKB on that?!

Congrats, Lucia. I know you will be happy.

I might try to take some pics. Thanks for the tips, ladies.

Tangal, is F2F preventative too? I know you said maybe in an earlier thread. I just started using my sample with hopes it will be preventative.

If anyone else wants to join in on the fun, and purchase L2K. There's a referal program, and you can get a free lip carrying bag by by Marcel Shurman. Can probably PM anyone of us. (plus we get to accrue the same reward points as you for your first order only)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
yeah I saw the referral program info. Smile I have not seen pictures of the bag yet, but hear its cute. And any of us would love extra credits/points. Smile

F2F - I can't say for sure on it, as I don't know all the ingredients in the product OR amounts. Which makes a big difference. So until I have that info, its hard to comment much.

But I know it does contain Matrixyl 3000, which is a peptide that helps rebuild skin collagen, when used at 5%-8% levels, twice daily for 30 - 60 days. I understand it is at effective levels.

So yes to an extent that can be sort of preventative, as it rebuilds collagen that typically degrades with age, UV, etc.

But whether the rate keeps up with degradation levels, and is a true preventative, no long term studies out yet to say. Just guesses right now. It would depend on outside factors I am sure, as well as your age, health blah, blah, blah….
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
By the way - have you seen the "coming color" swatchs??? With images of some of the Pentratable "colors to come"?

Some are very nice.

http://www.lips2kiss.com/L2K/lips2kiss/penetrable_01.htm
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
By the way - have you seen the "coming color" swatchs??? With images of some of the Pentratable "colors to come"?

Some are very nice.

http://www.lips2kiss.com/L2K/lips2kiss/penetrable_01.htm

Yay! #s 2, 3 and 6 will definitely be on my list!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I think those colors are still a "ways" out, as far as production.

I believe the next colors coming out are some of the "new" gloss colors in March.

I have seen some of them, and they are lovely also. Kandis will be emailing swatchs of them out, in the near future.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks TG. Those colors look beautiful.

Update from me: The straw trick seems to be helping with the lower lift plump. I assume I'm keeping more product on. so I guess we can say Operation Lip Plump worked. Smile

That's great news Smoothskin. I hope you're results make you happy Lucia. I've never been happier with a products results. Revitalash is a close second along with the Flaunt.

Kimberly
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
zumlya wrote:
OMG, ariesextreme! I want your lips. The natural color looks so good. I'm so jealous. Did you put SKB on that?!

No, no skb, nothing on in any of thepiccs. Thank you, I'm quite happy, I was suffering so badly too as you can tell in the before pics you can see where I was picking my lips and the blood spots were. They were so painful because I was peeling layers that weren't ready so the skin was quite sensitive and raw.

Btw what's the straw trick?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tangal Very Happy - with the F2F I remember someone mentioning it was a collagen builder so I figure that dehydration lines today could be wrinkles tomorrow so if I can build collagen then hopefully that will slow/prevent things deteriorating. Glad to hear its a Matrixyl based product though - I have used a Matrixyl (Isomers) product in the past which did give some results but something in it didn't agree with me so I had to stop using it (will be patch testing the F2F before use as I do all new stuff I use, just in case!)The sample should be enough to see if I react - if not then I will probably order the full size next time. Promise to use it regularly! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Aries, this is my "straw trick" - I posted it on page 7 of this thread. Not sure if its the same one the other girls are referring to (how many ways can a girl use a straw anyhow? Oh, never mind! Embarassed) but it helps with keeping product on your lips by not having it smear off when you drink:

MermaidGirl wrote:
I have a method of drinking from a straw that does not result in ANY movement of the lip area whatsoever - no puckering, pursing or lines at all.

Put the straw in your mouth, pressing it up against the roof of your mouth with your tongue. Commence swallowing, while totally relaxing the lip area. You can have your lips slightly parted (which means they are totally relaxed) or pressed slightly together (producing a very light lip tension). You will find that the suction action of swallowing (I sure hope this doesn't sound R-rated!) draws the liquid into your mouth and down your throat, bypassing your teeth completely (and thereby preserving your bleaching, if you use products to brighten your teeth). If done correctly, your mouth is totally relaxed with nary a pucker made.

Granted, the liquid pulled through the straw is not as much as it would be if you stuck the straw between fully puckered lips, but trust me, it works. In fact, I'm drinking water through a straw right now using this technique!

Problem solved!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for the tips on taking self photos. I guess I had a brain freeze - didn't even think of using the mirror to see the display. Instead, I was regretting not getting a camera with a swivel viewfinder!

If I get brave, I'll try it and post my lips. Maybe it will be incentive for me to really follow Kandis' instructions "religiously" Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm - glad its not just me! LOL!

Well I took a 'Before pic' its still not as good as some of them posted on here but you can see whats what. Smile

Will probably wait till I have an 'After' to post too before I post it on here.

I'll also be interested to see if the two freckles on my lips fade with the peeling/remodelling. (yep I am the only person in the world to have freckles on my lips been there since I can remember - the curse of the celts - freckles - cute when you're 3 not so cute at 30+!!LOL!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry not sure where to post this.

But for customers of the Lips2Kiss.com Lip system, the link below incluides the color swatchs of upcoming new Gloss colors.

Please pick your top THREE choices, and vote by sending an email to Kandis. (its on the link)

Based on the votes generated, she will decide which gloss colors to "run" first.

Use the email address you orderd you L2K system from. One vote per customer.

List three colors, by number.

The first choice (#1) is your first personal favorite.

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dcsn2zv7_3dh7kf8&revision=_published
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
ooh, i'm not even a customer yet but i really hope they package 9835/2 by the time i order! i just love a nice soft pink Smile
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Well, I'm back after a year. I got married and had a baby and now back to spending a little time on ME Smile EDS has so many NEW & great reviews for things that I am impressed with, but this is #1. I put my order in today and will be keeping tabs with photos. Thanks to the Original Poster for sharing this product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Ohh - lovely colours!
Will have to wait to cast my vote till I get home (can't access email from work Sad ). Picked my three already though! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Been religiously applying gloss all day in the office - noone seems to have noticed or if they have they've just assumed one of the two reasons you gave (dry lips/vanity LOL!).

Laughing Laughing I do this too. When I go into a meeting, I just put my gloss into a pocket an apply it every 15-20 minutes. I acctually have to do that as my lips are still extremely dry and peeling Sad (after full 3.5 weeks of being in the lip boot camp Confused Question ).

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Lucia wrote:
Been religiously applying gloss all day in the office - noone seems to have noticed or if they have they've just assumed one of the two reasons you gave (dry lips/vanity LOL!).

Laughing Laughing I do this too. When I go into a meeting, I just put my gloss into a pocket an apply it every 15-20 minutes. I acctually have to do that as my lips are still extremely dry and peeling Sad (after full 3.5 weeks of being in the lip boot camp Confused Question ).

The great pocket trick! Don't feel left out due to continued peeling. I still do and am well into the 60-day mark though it's nothing like it was originally. Your lips will eventually stop all the mad peeling. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
so given the necessary peeling do you think it is wise to just wait until after my friend's wedding in about a month and a half (i'm a bridesmaid) to start lips2kiss?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
so given the necessary peeling do you think it is wise to just wait until after my friend's wedding in about a month and a half (i'm a bridesmaid) to start lips2kiss?

I would say it depends on how bad your lips are to start with, really. The peeling (for me at least) came and went. It was fairly easy to control by making sure to keep product on and to exfoliate regularly, which I still do.

Honestly, I'd start as soon as possible. You can always keep them drenched in product and you should be past the main hump by then. Be daring! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Scallawag. Not everyone has "bad" peeling.

I only have slight peeling for about one day each week, and only on the inner edge of my lip. Its not visable to anyone, and exfoliation removes it. I think Blueshearts peeling was much the same.

The first month is usually the hardest, and your lips can improve a lot in one month.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
sark wrote:

I would say it depends on how bad your lips are to start with, really. The peeling (for me at least) came and went. It was fairly easy to control by making sure to keep product on and to exfoliate regularly, which I still do.

Honestly, I'd start as soon as possible. You can always keep them drenched in product and you should be past the main hump by then. Be daring! Laughing

aries - what do you think? i'm pretty sure we're around the same age and have similar issues - dry, cracking lips with noticeable lines?

also, just out of curiosity, how do you use the Preferred Customer Reward Credits? how many do you need for what type of reward?
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:42 am      Reply with quote
sorry, one last question (for now at least!) - since you seem to use the NG more frequently during the day (when I emailed Kandis she recommended a day program of LC+LG+NG/+NG/+NG/repeat) does it make sense to order an extra NG with the system so that I don't run out of it before everything else?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Sark, if its in your budget. I would do so.

For me I ordered a new kit at 3 weeks, which gave me more Glaze. But I still find I go through it faster then other products.

When I next reorder, I will order the kit plus one extra glaze. Or maybe porder a glaze only with a gloss.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Sark, when you login as a Customer, you can check how many credits you have, and the $ figure that converts to.

Then when you place an order, you have an option to use those credits as a monitary discount toward any L2K order.

To get there:
goto the L2K site,
and click on PURCHASE
Click CUSTOMER LOGIN on the Left
Login with the Registration info your set up (or register)
Click "View Customer Reward Credits"

This will list amount, and dollar conversion. When you place an order you will see an option to apply them.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |