Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mattty

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i just joined and wondering is kandis lips&kiss just the system and then the gloss's.Can you NOT wear your own lipsticks at all..sorry i read thru most of the posts but they are long i am 55 with lips that are not as full as they used to be and some wrinkling above lips.thanks for any real simple info.annemarie
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi & Welcome to the forum! wave

My understanding is that you should use the L2K system exclusively until your lips are rejuvenated and then it is possible to wear 'normal' lip colours. However you can use the L2K glosses straight away and there is a lip colour system you can use too (either with one of the spa products then later on their own when you have used the system a while).

There's lots of info on the L2K website but suggest you email Kandis who owns the company and she will explain much better!! Very Happy

HTH's!

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm deleting the other new thread and moving this here to keep things together and of interest to people who use the L2K.

Tangal wrote:
Sorry not sure where to post this.

But for customers of the Lips2Kiss.com Lip system, the link below incluides the color swatches of upcoming new Gloss colors.

Please pick your top THREE choices, and vote by sending an email to Kandis. (its on the link)

Based on the votes generated, she will decide which gloss colors to "run" first.

Use the email address you orderd you L2K system from. One vote per customer.

List three colors, by number. The first choice (#1) is your first personal favorite.

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dcsn2zv7_3dh7kf8&revision=_published
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
no problem.- Thanks!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just placed an order and realized when you receive the credit it's for the retail amount and not the discounted price.

kimberly
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! How cool is that?! Very Happy
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
That IS cool. Especially since i'll have to re-order soon. Good to know we'll be collecting nice credit Wink.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Aussiegal

Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
Kandis I was wondering, I am 41 years old and have probably worn lipstick 20 times in my entire life as I've never really liked my lips and haven't wanted to bring attention to them by wearing lipstick. Now I do have a couple of lines directly from my top lip up, on the right side of my lip. Definately not caused through the use of lipstick. Anyway as I have no damage to my lips and above them caused through lipstick use, will the system do anything for my lip lines and plumpness? I certainly would like to actually want to show my lips off for the first time in my entire life. Confused Have never had a desire to use artificial fillers that's for sure.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Aussiegal,
Kandis no longer posts directly on this thread. So if you want to ask her, you should email her direct at kandis@lips2kiss.com.

She is very responsive to email questions, and she can give you more accurate info then probably most of us can, as she has more experience with the product use and different skintypes/situations.

But I will add this. My situation was similar to yours. I never wear lips stick, rarely chapstick. I do wear gloss a few times a week, and in winter when lips are dryer, usually some non waxy balm at night. My lips are not cracking, bleeding, peeling etc. Only dry mainly in winter, when humidity levels drop out.

Overall my lips are/were in fairly decent shape. I have been treating them gently for a few years now, and using skin healing products on them that enhance and repair skin barrier function. (Natural oils, copper, etc)

I emailed Kandis your same basic question when I started. She explained to me, she did feel that her products would still help.

Remember skin does still age, including lips. And one attribute of aged skin, is the inability to hold and maintain moisture.

This will happen even if you never wear anything on your lips, but can be worse in relation to cosmetic use.
((Dr Pickart of Skin Bio is another who believes something like this, though he does not discuss lips, he does discuss how typical foundations, moisturizers and cosmetics hamper/damage skin, barrier function, etc. in the long-term, and some studies do seem to possibly support this, but its still sketchy. And I have not studied it in detail, but it is not a new theory, as there is a number who agree, with data to help support that belief.)

As lips, and face age, you loose some of the fat padding under the skin, and your collagen and elastin which support skin, and lips, breaks down. At age 40 this has already started, and part of what you may be seeing now. This product line does help rebuild some of that tissue. So for that reason it could help probably.

My before/afters are posted here. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=650

Only at 30 days, so not dramatic, but still you will see some softening and plumpness starting. I am 42. I expect more in the days to come, as most people had more dramatic changes at 60/90/120 days. Smile

I am ta about 6 weeks of product use right now, and have more plumpness currently, then in those pics.

For me the products have helped lips to be plumper overall, but also to hold moisture better, even when not using the product. (like through the night etc)
I also am started to see a bit more color overall.

Though I have only used "good" products on lips for many years, avoided waxes, irritants etc, and even used treatments that plump skin (copper, DMAE, etc.) I still have seen improvement in a shorter time with this line, then I have in the past.

For your lines on the side of your mouth, you also may want to look at the Face To Flaunt product. Same company. It works well on that area.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys! Just a brief update on my "dry lips" situation.

I exchanged several e-mails with Kandis last night (she responded immediately to my e-mail), and she has given me a somewhat different routine (especially regarding the exfoliation). We are now fine-tuning some other stuff (my day routine) and I am hoping to have everything figured out by the end of the day.

On a side - I have to say I am very impressed with Kandis' CS. She sent me a number of e-mails last night and was available for a phone conversation (unfortunatelly I wasn't). She also asked me to e-mail her with any questions I may have and to send her daily updates for the next few days so she can monitor my progress and tweek my routine if need be. That's quite something, isn't it?

I'll let you know how everything goes!

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:02 am      Reply with quote
cool Rubby! Good to hear. Keep us updated also please.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Rubby

I am glad for you. Kandis really does go all out to provide the best customer service. Do keep us updated.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
That's what I was thinking too tangal. My lips NEED tha glaze, rubby the gloss has some of the same ingredients as the gloss but I've found that the NG is much more moisturizing. I feel so sad that you're going through this, my lips were that bad, the first 2 weeks when I wasn't using enough of the NG I was too cracking and bleeding, I had a lot of sore open spots that stung so bad I couldn't even drink water. I currently do the blow drying twice a day, think its helped absorb all the ingredients better. Also I have to have the NG throughout the day, I can't go through the day just with a gloss or just the NG. I also revamped my routine about 2 weeks ago after speaking with Kandis. Its NC/LG/NG/NG/NG and then start the whole routine over again.and exfoliating more often and blow deying twice a day and its what made the change as my pics reveal. I apply her glosses occassionally, but on top of the NG. Rubby please do keep us posted about your progress with you new routine.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Rubby,
I was the same way for practically 2 month straight. It has finally stopped. I was starting to think the same thing and almost quit using it. I took some more pictures and they look different somehow. I tried to get the same angle but the lighting was different and amount of lip gloss was different. I guess I should have made a note as to how I took the first picture. Dah...Check it out. Still have the lines above my lip, they are not budging Crying or Very sad I think I notice the upper lip line defined a tad. [url]Image[/url]Image
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Pat- those upper lip lines can take a while, don't get discouraged.

Hang in there.....Smile
Aussiegal

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for that indepth response to my question Tanga, much appreciated. I'll email Kandis now and see what she says.
Aussiegal
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Pat,
Your lips look plumper to me and the upper lip line looks more defined. Very pretty.

I've got two stubborn lines but they are lessening.

kimberly
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Patrod,
Your lips look fab! They do look more plumped and defined too!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm waiting for my Lips2Kiss system. I can't wait!!
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks,BluesHeart/Poohlisey:

I showed these photos to Kandis and she wasn't all that impressed. She blew them up and scrutinized them for lines. As you can see they still have verticle lines. She says in about 8 months of using the system, they will be smooth. She also said I had a long way to go Surprised Now that they have stopped peeling I have to remind myself to apply thru the day. Before they felt dry so I had to. I am finally free of chapstick! It was so cold here last night the heater kept waking me up, I think it ran constantly last night and my lips were dewy when I got up!
BluesHeart are you using some kind of BHA for the lines above your lip? I've been using 2% salyclic,with a 3.2 ph in conjuction with Kandis' F2F. Maybe I should be rinsing the acid off.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Pat,
No, I'm not using any exfoliators other than the one which comes with the kit. *on my lips or directly above* Actually, I apply no products above the lip other than Kandis'. I'd asked her in the beginning about layering with other products and she recommended that I not. I know that Scally and Tangal use CP but I decided to try without it first.

Eta: Pat, I may be wrong but I was under the impression that bhas are not really for fine lines, ect but more for pore cleansing abilities. Wouldn't a aha do more for fine lines? TG? What's your take here?

kimberly
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Hi guys!

On a side - I have to say I am very impressed with Kandis' CS. She sent me a number of e-mails last night and was available for a phone conversation (unfortunatelly I wasn't). She also asked me to e-mail her with any questions I may have and to send her daily updates for the next few days so she can monitor my progress and tweek my routine if need be. That's quite something, isn't it?

Rubby you are so right! Kandiss CS is BRILLIANT! She really believes in her L2K systen and I think that she really cares about her clientele. Recently, I was feeling a bit discouraged that I had not really seen a plumping effect, although my overall lip condition and colour have improved dramatically. (But at 65 am a lot older than most of you ladies). When re-ordering I mentioned this. within hours I got a great encouraging email from Kandiss, with some suggestions for changing my routine to suit my particular case. This is one product I will be happy to use forever. I can't speak too highly of Lips2Kiss or its creator.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I also want to praise Kandis. I tried ordering the system, but because I only have my cc number and not the little code on the back it wouldn't go through. Kandis told me to put a check in the mail and she sent my system to me right away! This is amazing customer service.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
BHA is not very effective at all on fine line repair/treatment other then as an aid to help the non-lipid soluble AHA (or treatments) to penetrate a bit better.

It is a nice anti-inflammatory, antioxiative, a pore cleanser, skin oil penetrate, and an aid to lessen shaving related irritation.

AHAs are the true workhorses for fine line treatment. But concentration, correct pH and proper wait time are all necessary for true effectiveness.

I personally would not recommend AHAs or BHAs in most cases on the lip at all, though either can be used on skin above the lip, based on need and sensitivity level.

Both AHA and BHA can be drying and irritating if overused, and may not be appropriate for skin above the lip if one is sensitive. Of course pH, strength, application schedule and time, should be adjusted based on your skins sensitivity and needs.

This is referring to home use products, not high level Dr. strength peels which can combine BHA ingredients to enhance product effects. Smile

I do use chemical exfoliates all over entire face and neck and chest daily. I am not sensitive at all. I don’t apply to eyelids or lips. I also manual exfoliate with the L2K product twice daily. I am not at all sensitive.

If upper lip skin is sensitive, I would avoid chemical exfoliants there, in combo with a manual scrub. Also discontinue irritating skin products on upper lip skin - retinoid, Retin A, etc.

And do check exfoliation style.
20 seconds is a good time frame. Not to long, not to hard, and do use to maintain a wet paste water. If lips are tinder exfoliate only once to twice a week. Twice daily is not recommended unless lips are "not tender", and then only after liberal thinning with water to lessen irritation. If lips crack or bleed, stop exfoliation, and limit it to careful use maybe once a week (after sores have closed. And do contact Kandis for help. LOL

Bleeding and cracking is not normal, and should not happen. But some lips are very very fragile, so one may need to adjust treatment for “their” specific needs.
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Tangal,

Thanks for all that info. I am mainly using the BHA to stop my pores from clogging. I guess I need to incorporate some type of AHA for the lines also. Were you refering to a low level Glycolic peel on a weekly or every other week basis for a AHA treatment? I am not sensitive at all to the BHA, I can use it twice daily everywhere except around my eyes, of course.

Pat,
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |