Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
most low level peels are daily use (5-8%)
10% can also be daily, depending on your skin type and sensitivities.

Some can use that level twice a day, after building up to it. Useful for spot treatment as well twice a day.

You can also use a 20-30% or so once a week. Some people can do 40%-50% once a week also.

Pat are lips feeling any better yet?
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
My lips are doing a lot better. I hadn't peeled in about 3-4 days. My lips were in pretty bad shape. I was using the long lasting Cover Girl lipstick all day and chapstick at night. Could you recommend a daily glycolic peel? Maybe I could do AHA morning & BHA in the evening. I've done a 30% before but would rather do something I could control easier. I never new what to expect 3 days after the 30%.

Pat,
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Pat so GLAD lips are better!!!!! Keep us posted on that, please.

A nice daily use product is the I Feel Pretty AHA/BHA solution.www.ifeelprettyproducts.com (under exfoliates) - Its n all in one - which I love personally.

If you want two seperate ones, you could go with Paulas Choice. (I think IFP is better however)

I like the stronger 10% lactic AHA, with 5% BHA. I Use it daily. I do not have sensitive skin, and I am prone to oilness, enlarged pores and acne.

IFP also has a lower strength, I think its 5%AHA/2% BHA.

Some people can only use these acids every other day.

For me daily is best though, but depends on your skin. You may need to start with every other day, and build up to daily.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
TG and Pat,
It's a 4% aha. I ordered it and am hoping it comes today but maybe tomorrow since we had a blizzard. Smile I'll let you both know what I think.

kimberly
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks,
I just order the 4% also. I noticed they warned about sun sensitivety. I know the Matrxyl also does that. I got a slight sunburn in December using just that where I live. Have you noticed that to be a problem in the summer months? In the south the sun is so intense. I also ordered some Bioderma, so hopefully that will take care of that. I just can't sweat. Rolling Eyes
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I have never noticed an issue with sun sensitivity.

I am in the Southern USA. I am pretty strict with sunscreen use year round, and if I will be out long, I use high spf screen, plus an added sunscreen powder, and spf foundation.

never had an issue, even with high strength weekly AHA peels, or Retin A.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick update. The new routine K developed for me seems to be working well. The two major cracks on my bottom lip have closed completely now and are no longer painful. I still have a lot of dry skin, patches of rough, peeling skin, but at least my lips don't hurt anymore.
I am applying product every 10 - 15 minutes and that helps with the dryness and roughness. I am not exfoliating at all right now and this seems to be working well too (even though I thought I needed a LOT of exfoliation Shock). Oh yes - I am not using gloss at all at the moment. I am only using the regular L2K system components - LC, LG & NG.
I am happy things are improving. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Please do Rubby.

It seems like there are lots of ways to work with this system, based on individual issues. Of course I guess that makes sense, since everyone comes from a different "place" as far as age, climate, past issues, cosmetic use history, age, individual health etc.

That can make it a bit confusing though, I am glad K. at least is available to help. Hopefully everyone can get it all sorted out.
linda123
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Question for you ladies lips2kiss:

I have been on the program for about 5 weeks things were going well and then went thru a 24 hour period where I didn't drink any water. I noticed a big set back. Is water still critical to how your lips look?

Linda
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
linda123 wrote:
Question for you ladies lips2kiss:

I have been on the program for about 5 weeks things were going well and then went thru a 24 hour period where I didn't drink any water. I noticed a big set back. Is water still critical to how your lips look?

Linda

Water is always critical for the body and will show up (in lips as other parts), if you are dehydrated. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
This forum is dangerous to my finances! After reading practically every post on this topic, I too caved and ordered the system. Hopefully, it will arrive in the next couple of days.

I had permanent lipstick done about 4 years ago, and am curious to see what the system does with that. I'm not real happy w/the tattoos, so if it fades (evenly) I'll be ok with it.

I took a couple of pix with my crappy camera and will be monitoring my progress.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Mine came in 2 days.. I just recieved it today!! Can't wait to use it!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Another update:

I feel I need to provide regular updates, so everyone can see what's going on and how does this product work.

As I said in my previous posts - Kandis has developed a new routine for me and has insisted I followed it 100% Embarassed. The routine consists of - no exfoliation (except for 1/week) and exclusive use of LC, LG and NG. I used to use a lot of gloss (for hours during the day at work), now that's out too Smile. I am really being disciplined with the routine and timing of everything (sticking to all the steps and the max of 15 minutes b/w applications) and things are improving (slowly, but surely Wink).

It seems that i got myself (or rather my lips Shock ) in trouble by exfoliating too much (I often exfoliated 2/day Shock) and by not giving my lips enough of the key products (L2K core products - LC, LG and NC). I think I realied too much on the gloss way too early in the process (at least for my lips - which were in fairly bad shape to start with).

I am still observing what's going on and how my lips react. The new routine seems to be working nicely.

As always - I'll keep you posted Smile.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update Rubby. I enjoy reading them. Yours and others, so please continue them. Good or bad- I want to know how everyone is doing, especially thoughs who were having difficulties, and how you sorted it out. Smile
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm working with Kandis on a problem I'm having as well. I let her know that I was a bit concerned because the lines in my upper lip border were not improving. Since this was my main reason for starting the L2K system I wanted to know if there was something I can do to speed up the results. We're going to try out an experiment using the LE on one side of my upper lip line. The LE is usually only used right above the lips, but I think this is definitely worth a shot. And by only doing half I can see if it's truly improving or not. I'm also going to start the heat treatment in the am as well. I will keep everyone posted!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I'm working with Kandis on a problem I'm having as well. I let her know that I was a bit concerned because the lines in my upper lip border were not improving. Since this was my main reason for starting the L2K system I wanted to know if there was something I can do to speed up the results. We're going to try out an experiment using the LE on one side of my upper lip line. The LE is usually only used right above the lips, but I think this is definitely worth a shot. And by only doing half I can see if it's truly improving or not. I'm also going to start the heat treatment in the am as well. I will keep everyone posted!

I must still be asleep but what is LE?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Frodo,
LE is the Face2Flaunt Line Eliminator. It's a Matrixyl 3000 product. Kandis sells this too.

kimberly
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Gotch ya, I guess I was still asleep as I use this twice a day (F2F). Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I know that feeling all to well Frodo. Laughing
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I got my kit today! I wish I could start this minute but am going to be good and wait until bedtime.

Kandis has done a wonderful job packaging her product; it is lovely and inviting. I also received a small sample of Face 2 Flaunt.

The instructions seem pretty clear for P.M. use. I'm not so clear on the daytime rules (other than not to use any other products) but I'm going to re-read y'alls suggestions and see if that clarifies matters.

Here goes *something*!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
kittikin wrote:
I got my kit today! I wish I could start this minute but am going to be good and wait until bedtime.

Kandis has done a wonderful job packaging her product; it is lovely and inviting. I also received a small sample of Face 2 Flaunt.

The instructions seem pretty clear for P.M. use. I'm not so clear on the daytime rules (other than not to use any other products) but I'm going to re-read y'alls suggestions and see if that clarifies matters.

Here goes *something*!

I love Kandis's packaging. It made my happy, especially on Valentines Day!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Kittikin, this may help. Still read the directions that came with your product as well, this is not complete alone.

Quick Guide Start Sheet. (please read through all instructional information for details on entire application process, before using this sheet)

During the lip rejuvenation process, use the following suggested routine for optimal results. After lips have reached the desired condition, move onto the maintenance routine.

A.M. Beginning Routine (no color application):
• Wash face and pat dry
• Apply LE to upper lip skin (optional)
• Apply LG, LG/NG, LC/LG/NG/NG/NG or NG every 20 minutes throughout the day. (see detailed application instructions.)

If you wear L2K lip gloss or lip color during the day:
• Wash face and pat dry, optionally apply LE to upper lip skin
• Apply lip gloss or lip color
• If using Penitratable lip color, apply lip Color Glaze throughout the day every 20 minutes (see notes on Lip color “LipColor trick” in instructional sheets)
• If using gloss color, apply gloss throughout the day every 20 min
Upon returning home, after wearing color:
• If wearing Penitratable color, wash all color from lips first
• Use option #4 until you do PM routine (see option variant info under detailed Application Instructions)
• Variant # 2 on one day - LC wait 15 sec, then NG, NG, NG
• Variant # 3 on alternate days - LG, NG, NG, NG
• After third application of NG, wait 20 min
• Start process again, Applying LC or LG, wait 15 sec, apply NG and start over
• Continue this process until it is time to go out for the evening, when you may apply your lip gloss or color, or until it is time for you PM routine
P.M. Routine, once every night:
• Wash face and pat dry
• Exfoliate Lips surface and skin above the upper lip (nightly or every other night)
• Rinse, and wipe all product from skin, pat dry
• Apply Night Lip Cream (LC) to both lips, and skin above the lips OR LC to lips and LE to upper lip skin – wait approximately 15 sec for product to absorb.
• Apply Liquid Gold (LG) to entire lip area and skin on upper lip (if not using LE) with fingertip
• Blow dry lips for 90 seconds on warm
• Apply Night Glaze (NG) to entire lip area with fingertip

Throughout the evening and after retiring for the evening apply NG every 20 minutes or during waking in the middle of the night. In the AM repeat AM routine.
After Lip Rejuvenation has occurred, use the following options:

A.M. Routine:
• Apply LG, LC/NG or NG throughout the day, every 30 minutes or as needed, to leave lips looking glossy

If you wear L2K lip gloss or lip color during the day:
• Apply Lip gloss or lip color
• If using lip color, apply lip color glaze throughout the day as needed
• If using gloss, apply gloss throughout the day as needed

If you wear other brands of color during the day
• Apply Lip gloss or lip color
• L2K gloss or treatments will not penetrate through commercial colorants
• Try to limit not L2K colors to every other day or less, or alternate each day with the L2K treatments of colors

Upon returning home:
• Wash all commercial color, or Penitratable color from lips, do P.M routine nightly
P.M. Routine, once every night:
• Wash face and pat dry
• Exfoliate Lips surface and skin above the upper lip (three times a week)
• Rinse, and wipe all product from skin, pat dry
• Apply Night Lip Cream (LC) to both lips, and skin above the lips OR LC to lips and LE to upper lip skin – wait approximately 15 sec for product to absorb.
• Apply Liquid Gold (LG) to entire lip area and skin on upper lip (if not using LE) with fingertip
• Blow dry lips for 90 seconds on warm
• Apply Night Glaze (NG) to entire lip area with fingertip

Throughout the evening and after retiring for the evening apply NG every 20 minutes or during waking in the middle of the night. In the AM repeat AM routine.

Abbreviations:
LC – Night Lip Cream
LG – Hydrating Lip Gold
NG – Night Glaze
LE – Face 2 Flaunt Line Eliminator
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
For day use I do:

NC, wait 15 sec
LG, wait 15 sec
NG, wait 20 min, NG wait 20 min, NG wait 20 min

Then start over with LG.

If I wear the L2K gloss, I apply that while I am out, and return to the above routine when I ma home.

I do the PM treatment twice a day right now, as I am in my second month, and experimenting with that. It is not necessary however. (once in AM, once in PM)
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Tangal! That does make it a little clearer. I'm going to try the option where you use all three products during the day. Do you have to blowdry during the day?

Also, how/when do you eat!?!!! (Sorta kidding, but kinda not ...)
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
well you only blowdry once- its for you PM treatment session.

I currently am doing an option where I do the PM treatment Session ONCE in the PM and Once in the AM, which incluides exfoliation and blowdry both times.
I would NOT recomend this for a beginner.

But my lips are in very good shape, and I never had issues past or present with peeling, sensitivity, severe dryness, cracks etc. as some beginners do; so added the dual session in my second month of use to increase results.
But I would not do this as a beginner until you have used the system for a month and see how it goes for you and how you need to adjust for your needs. Some people find the first month is when you will do the most finetuning to find the plan that suits you and your tissues best.

Just eat and drink anytime as normal, (some use straws, I don't) then after you are done, start useing products where you left off last. Or start over with the NC (wait 15 sec)LG(wait 15 sec) then NG(wait 20 min), then NG(wait 20 min), then NG(wait 20 min) - and start over.

So its: LC/LG/NG/NG/NG EAT start over
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |