Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr H Quince or Rose day cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi, i remember seeing a similar post a while ago but cant find it and am in a bit of a rush so sorry for repeating.

i have recently started the Dr H routine and am currently using:

cleansing milk
cleansing cream
facial toner
normalising day oil

my skin is combo, w/ visible pores which are greatly improving but my skin is prone to clogging and breakouts. because its now winter my normally oilier skin is developing some dry patches so i was hoping to buy another one of the dr H moisturisers and add a few drops of normalising oil to it,but dont no which one i should get for my skin type.

ive heard the moisturising day cream isnt suitable for spot prone skin so really its whether to go for quince or rose. (although on their website it says quince is for all skin except oily and acne hmm) i am about to place my order tonight so would appreicate some feedback asap, from anyone who is familiar with the range or has used either of the creams

TIA

xx
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Natz87,

I have combo skin and use the quince. I had a sample of the roe and it was too heavy for me. HTH
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I use that same routine and have the same skin type that is getting a bit dry in the winter. Researching this question was actually on my to-do this week so I'll be looking forward to the suggestions people have.

I've never posted a link before so I don't know if this'll work but here's something you might find helpful.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17890

In the mean time, I've cut down on using the CC. I use it only in the mornings now that the weather has changed. If I feel really dry then I'll not use it for a few days. It helps a little but like you I still need to find something a bit more moisturizing for the winter.
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've dehydrated combination skin, and I do prefer the rose cream. I've trid quince, but didn't like it. The colour, the smell (like lemon pie) and it was too oily and gave med blackheads! The rose cream is better, but I use it sparingly only as a treatment.

I've found that a combination of normalizing oil and the daycream works well in the summer. No problems with oiliness or impurities. In winter it is not hydrating enough for my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
My favoruite is the Rose Day cream. It may feel heavy for some as soon as it is applied it but it absorbs very quickly and you've forgotten about it within seconds. The normalizing oil would be my second choice for your skin type and then the Quince cream. Try asking for samples of each so you can try them out first to see how your skin reacts. The samplse sizes last quite a while so you'll be able to test them out well enough.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for your replies i decided to order the rose day cream when reading the website it states on the quince day cream not suitable for impure skin. i know the rose one is rich but only using a very small amount to take care of the winter flakies and have the normalizing oil for oily bits so will try this combination and hope it works out ok Very Happy

also added the rejuvenating mask to my order as i have heard some wonderful things about it
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |