Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jurlique Calendula Cream - really helped
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Jurlique Calendula Cream for a month, it really really helped my skin getting better. OMG, I love it so much. I used to have really bad acne-prone skin, now all acne is gone, but a little bit scar.
can anyone tell me which product is better to get rid of scar?
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
That is a great cream the calendula one! I also have the Jurlique Arnica cream and nothing fades my acne scars quicker. I don't know why but it works like a charm! I think they are about the same price Smile
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I didn't see there 's Jurlique Arnica cream sale in EDS?????
I was looking for this one. how's it?
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I am quite acne prone so as much as I loved, loved, loved the way the Calendula cream made my skin glow I would still break out from it. I did use it for quite awhile. The same thing is with the Arnica cream but as long as I spot treat scars every couple of days no new pimples come up in their place and the scars fade soooo fast. I got it from EDS with my prize money...I will check to see if it is still there.
At the moment I am using Epidermx and Chrysalyx and I have NEVER seen my skin this good. I am going to post about this in a week or so when I have been using it longer. I have been using it for about a week now.
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Okay, it looks like they don't have it listed anymore Sad
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried any other brand of Calendula Cream? I keep Nelson's in the house for itching and cuts, so I'm wondering if all calendula creams might give similar results. I've read on other boards where people have stated that regularly applying calendula cream to acne has helped them, too.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
i tried thompason's calendula cream and it was way too greasy for me...caused problems on my face, but great for the body.

I much prefer the one from jurlique.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I just love all kinds of calendula skin cares.
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I just love all kinds of calendula skin cares.
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered a Jurlique Lavender Silk Dust Powder yesterday, but I don't really know what it is. When should I use it ? before moisturiser? Or use as a make up base?
Has anyone used it before? How's it?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I love this Jurlique Calendula cream...my own review will come in a week or so.

GREAT STUFF!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
it's a good praised product.
but it's expensive Sad
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
It seems a little expensive at first, but honestly you use soooo little because it goes so far...I know my tube will last me quite awhile, making it more economical than most I've tried. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Calendula is wonderfully healing. It's nice that it's made from marigolds.

Nelson's do a not so greasy calendula that is also mixed with ( I think ) hypercal, which is also a healing plant.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
It seems a little expensive at first, but honestly you use soooo little because it goes so far...I know my tube will last me quite awhile, making it more economical than most I've tried. Smile

Rolling Eyes i will buy it in my country,the rose hand cream is only 40$/125 ml
Wink
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
did any of you guys start breaking out or purging after starting using it? i ordered a tube a while ago and stopped using it immediatly upon noticing whitheads...... Sad
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it a little over a week and a half with no problems. I was actually quite surprised considering the texture...but I've been okay so far.

Did you notice it immediately? Or did it take a few days?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Calendula is a drawing agent (a pretty strong one imho) so purging is a very normal reaction to it.
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
When I first used it , I was worried it's too oily for my sin, but it's not. It really really worked. Just scar.............don't know how to get rid .
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I was recommened by an SA to use Jurlique Calendula Cream on my eczema breakout and it did wonder! My eczema went down and it didn't leave my skin with any scar (I'm not sure if I can really call it that) that I normally get after eczema's gone down. I always have a tube lying around at home in case I break out again. I do agree it's pricey but for me, I think it's so worth it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
did any of you guys start breaking out or purging after starting using it? i ordered a tube a while ago and stopped using it immediatly upon noticing whitheads...... Sad

I have used the Calendula Cream on and off for two years now. I am acne prone and prone to whithheads. At least for me it never caused breakouts or purging. In fact it seemed to help with my acne. The main reason that I hestite to purchase this again is that when my skin is feeling irritated it stings when I apply this so I am not so sure that it is the best thing for me to be using. Yet it is one of those products that when I don't have it I start to think that maybe I should buy some just to have it around! Rolling Eyes

Paris Troika wrote:
It seems a little expensive at first, but honestly you use soooo little because it goes so far...I know my tube will last me quite awhile, making it more economical than most I've tried.

This does last a long time but since it really doesn't contain any "proper" preservatives it will go "bad" after a while. Unless you are using this on more than your face and neck then I would advise against purchasing the large size (I am not sure EDS even sells the large size). I bought the large tube once and after several months it started to smell different at which point I just threw it out assuming that it was probably not so fresh anymore.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Good point...glad I bought the smaller size (because if it didn't work for me, I wasn't out as much money as I could be). Do you know how long before it might go bad? I'm sure I'll probably use it up before then...at least I hope so!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I thought Calendula Cream is supposed to treat dry skin or sunburn. Well, that's what I've read from there website. However, I'm just wondering how it works treating acne as I'm searching for a moisturizer to treat acne for my boyfriend. Can someone please help? Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it works as an acne treatment but in my case, it kept me moisturized (necessary here in the desert, especially in the winter time) but did not break me out.

If you are looking for an acne treatment there are many threads on EDS about it...some products that come to mind:

Mario Badescu Acne linewww.mariobadescu.com
Best Bath Store Acne gel: www.bestbathstore.com
Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum: Here on EDS
Ice Elements Acne Serum: www.iceelements.com

And many others...but it's also important to have a cleanser that doesn't over dry or clog pores. Equally vital, in my opinion, is balancing the oil production on the face. Decleor Ylang Ylang oil has helped me do just that, but there are other balancing oils, such as Dr. Hauschka (here on EDS), etc. It took me months to figure out what would work for me. I don't think that any one thing is necessarily keeping me clear, I think it's a combination of all of it. I'm still tweaking everything though...oy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Good point...glad I bought the smaller size (because if it didn't work for me, I wasn't out as much money as I could be). Do you know how long before it might go bad? I'm sure I'll probably use it up before then...at least I hope so!

Paris I really don't remember exactly but I would guess that the large tube started to smell "odd" after 4 or 5 months. The small tube should not last that long if you use it everyday so you probably have nothing to worry about!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |