Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Second-degree burn. Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Dear resourceful ladies, can you please give me advice on treating my second-degree burn? I was cooking last night and scalding hot oil splashed on me. It hurt at first but no open wound so I applied PSF O2 serum and thought nothing of it. This morning, I wake up to a blister about 1 inch in diameter. It is very tender to the touch and looks horrible, but my gut instinct tells me not to pop it. It's on an odd place (my tummy, right below my belly button) and I'm afraid my jeans might pop it sooner or later. What should I do once it pops, and how long should i expect it to heal? I've never gotten burned like this before so i'm pretty clueless. TIA!
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
When I was a professional chef, I would get big burns all the time. The best method I found that healed the wound quickly and helped minimize the scar is to keep the wound covered and moist. Apply lots of antibiotic ointment on it and cover it with a bandaid. Hope it heals quickly!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
When l get burn from cooking , l apply Fresh Aloe Vera Gel on the area ,it heals very quickly and scarless afterworth Smile
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
One of my friend told me that Lavender oil (pure)
also can healing the burnt area! Idea
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I second the pure lavender oil. It is a must-have in the kitchen cabinet.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I second the aloe vera. I think you should put a bandaid over it (if it pops). I hope you get better soon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
emu oil would be very healing. ds had a bad sunburn one time and i put emu oil on it, the burn was healed within just a few days.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I can't offer better advice than you have already gotten here. I just wanted to say that I am sorry that happened to you and I hope your pain is under control and you don't get a scar. Best wishes!
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
did you see the doctor?
and if yes ,i think aloe vera has a helpful effect
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Make sure you get the non-stick bandaids, or you will have a scar! I agree on the aloe.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lavender oil, check. Aloe, check. Polysporin, check. Non-stick bandaids, check. The blister has yet to pop (sorry, gross), but i'm all set when it does. Thank you ladies, i know i can always count on EDS. Very Happy
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:42 am      Reply with quote
This is a tip for once the blister has formed a scab... MASSAGE! use good rosehip oil to massage as often as possible to reduce the colour and size of the scar. I had a second-degree ironing burn on my hand which formed a scar that would turn purple/black when it was cold, and I was lazy to do anything about it until it got very unsightly. Then I religiously massaged the area with rosehip oil for a few weeks and it is almost non existent - had I started when the scar was fresh, the healing would have been much faster.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:42 am      Reply with quote
tweety wrote:
emu oil would be very healing. ds had a bad sunburn one time and i put emu oil on it, the burn was healed within just a few days.

l have try emu oil when get burn from cooking oil,but do nothing help Sad
May be it just works for sunburn Idea
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Pure Vitamin E Oil has always helped my blisters to heal.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |