Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Do you use a retinol product every night?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am very hit and miss with it and wonder if I should include it regularly? Thank you.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen huge improvement in my skin since using retinol each night. Downsides are that my skin is more sensitive to chemicals in products (they sting me now but didn't before) and I get flakes and dry skin more from the retinols. But my skin looks firmer, more even-toned and healthier when I use them nightly, so I try to deal with the downs and stay committed.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:48 am      Reply with quote
I use mine nightly but want to incorporate AHA into my routine and am worried it may be too much.Though Avene Diacneal has retinol/aha and when I used a sample of that I didnt seem to have any problems though I didnt use it every night.

I might use my Avene Eluage cream 4 nights and AHA 3. I hope that enough for both to be effective.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
i would like to ,but my skin can't endure a daily retinol therapy Sad
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I've also tried every night before too. It got bad, with my PC 2% BHA lotion causing peeling all over my chin by noon.

I'm thinking about giving it another go, doing something like every third night. Or maybe just the same days of the week. I'm amazed at how I can't keep track of what I put on which days.
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I use Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5 every other night. It was bad at the beginning, but after 2 months of use, I have noticed a big difference: my skin looks firmer and more even tone, the pores on my cheeks and nose become less visible and it sure helps to reduce blackhead. This is the best Skinceuticals product I have ever used.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
my derm has always stressed that retinol must be used regularly -- at least every other night - that it needs to be used quite often for benefit. Think of it not as a peel, but taking vitamins. A peel instantly gives you better skin. Vitamins, however, need to be taken often to have any real effect. You can't just take some vitamin c a few times a month and expect to be healthier. Retinol does not do any dramatic change with each use -- it is cumulative.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Ive had good results with 4 days a week,sometimes I use it 5.

It took me ages for my skin to not be irritated by it though. I nearly gave up on it the first few months but glad i perservered because it really has improved my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
michelec wrote:
I've also tried every night before too. It got bad, with my PC 2% BHA lotion causing peeling all over my chin by noon.

I'm thinking about giving it another go, doing something like every third night. Or maybe just the same days of the week. I'm amazed at how I can't keep track of what I put on which days.

horrible:!:
i am sorry for your skin .
you need a barrier repair treatment
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I used it for two months to cure my acne, and it really worked well. But after that my skin was so dry and sensitive that I could not stand it any longer.

cedar wrote:
I am very hit and miss with it and wonder if I should include it regularly? Thank you.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I use Avene Eluage with retinaldehyde every 3rd night, mixed 50/50 with Metrocream. I picked up this tip from Tetrakis on Makeupalley. For people who don't tolerate retinoids very well.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Well, after reading some posts on this board, tonight I ordered Avene Eluage and Avene Ystheal Creme. I'll see how that works for me. Thanks everyone.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
the area around my eyes get a little dry and crusty if i use it every night unfortunately.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, I use it every night. Many nights I use Avene Ystheal cream so I don't need a moisturizer. Other times I'll add TNS Recovery Complex before bed or a night cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I use my Retin-A every third night now. I went up from 0.025% to 0.05 so had to quit using it every other night or I flake too much.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |