Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Nzgrrl wrote:
Thanks for the advice, Scalawaggirl. I really mean it. You, CareKate and the others who have written in this thread have done untold good for many women by recommending this and posting your results, but I'm sure you know that. You and Cesce deserve thanks in particular for posting photos, which really had an impact on me. It's so hard navigating the "beauty" world as hapless consumers. It's ironic that the only people you can really trust are either SA/Beauty therapists/Derms etc who you actually "know" yourself, or "strangers" who you will never meet, but who are good-hearted enough to share their honest opinions and experiences on forums like this. Bravo to you all!

Incidentally, I was thinking Sophie too, but didn't want to offend any Meryl Streep fans Razz

Cheers.

You're so welcome! Forgot to say so!

Quote:
Ooh Scal-girl I want to be your flatmate, or sister, can I adopt you Razz

Have been hunting round threads for the ones on tca peel as my internet has been down and just back on and my wishlist has grown considerably. I either need to win the lotter or marry a millionaire, and know both are out Embarassed

Was sold on the BabyQuasar and now thinking about Nuface as well Shock

Am making lenghty notes as well as saving your routine scalwaggirl, it must take you ages, and you must be so discaplined. I am full of good intentions but a bit hit and miss, have vitamins in cupboard, but only start to take when feel a cold coming on or under the weather, perhaps should try hypnosis Laughing

Was going to go to pilates this morning but got caught up in all these threads, good intentions again, I will continue to look round, with my wish list growing by the minute, am already to order my tca though.

Keep up the good work, you look fantastic in your pictures, I wonder if these salespeople need any guineapigs to practise on, cos I will happily volunteer

Smile I hear you! I paste my routine(s) inside my bathroom mirror. As for the flatmate/sister, sure! I almost moved to England but now will be heading to Montréal. Smile Hope you're not allergic to cats!

Here's today's pic and I didn't use the Nuface:

5% products discount

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl, you are lovely!

I've been researching skin remodelling w/ cp's along with DIY glycolic peels. Just trying to get the nerve up to order some products. There are soooo many online companies to choose from.
Guess this is kind of taking the topic away from your original one though, so I will go back to reading up on cp's Smile

p.s. how is the reef tank coming along?
CG
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
OMG your upper lip is puffing up. How long have you been using the lips2kiss system. Right about now I am so tempted to slather Chapstick all over my lips.

Pat,
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Scaly, you look FANTASTIC!

An ispiration to us all.

Thanks for all the help and info,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Cowgirlzz wrote:
Scalawaggirl, you are lovely!

I've been researching skin remodelling w/ cp's along with DIY glycolic peels. Just trying to get the nerve up to order some products. There are soooo many online companies to choose from.
Guess this is kind of taking the topic away from your original one though, so I will go back to reading up on cp's Smile

p.s. how is the reef tank coming along?
CG

Oh, you are so sweet, CG! Thanks so much. I purchase CPs from Diana Yvonne but have been a bit dissatisfied w/their CS of late. They are Skin Biology products and can also be purchased there. I'm a big believer in the power of CPs, let me tell ya, and figured it was best to get them from the inventor. Smile

The tank is fab!!! I added 2 orange mini-turbos, 3 blue hermits (tiny guys), 10 nassarius snails and 1 very small emerald crab. It's almost all clean and they've only been working for a day! Busy little buggers. I've got some corals on order and am hoping they will be here tomorrow (keeping fingers crossed) so there will be lots of pretty colors soon. Right now, it's the rock and critters so kind of blah to look at. I have pics, though, if anyone's interested.

Quote:
OMG your upper lip is puffing up. How long have you been using the lips2kiss system. Right about now I am so tempted to slather Chapstick all over my lips.

Yes, it is! I know the system is working and it's just been 2 weeks for me. Keep applying the cream then glaze - all the time. Don't put on Chapstick! I found even when I used a natural gloss (has beeswax in it), my lips dried out terribly. If I puff my lips now w/my Luscious Lips, they stay way longer than before, as well! Great stuff!

Quote:
Scaly, you look FANTASTIC!

An ispiration to us all.

Thanks for all the help and info,
Lucy.

You are welcome, Lucy! Thanks for the compliment, it is most appreciated! You're a doll for saying that. I am glad to share and help - good to hear that it's given positive vibes to some. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Scalawaggirl,
I'm new here but was wondering if you think that the NuFace would help with some pretty bad sagging around the corners of my mouth. I'm 41 and my skin is fairly good otherwise. Thanks.

Cathryn
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
The tank is fab!!! ... I have pics, though, if anyone's interested.

Yeah, Scally, please post pics (say THAT three times fast!) of the tank! I'd love to see what it looks like! Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Hi Scalawaggirl,
I'm new here but was wondering if you think that the NuFace would help with some pretty bad sagging around the corners of my mouth. I'm 41 and my skin is fairly good otherwise. Thanks.

Cathryn

Cathryn, I would think so as it tightens the muscles and skin. That is where I wanted to address and it has helped a lot - you may notice from the comparison photos.

Quote:
Yeah, Scally, please post pics (say THAT three times fast!) of the tank! I'd love to see what it looks like!

Hey, girl! Here's a link to a forum where I've posted info on the tank and progress so far (with pics):

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104474&hl=

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick reply Scalawaggirl! For some reason your pictures aren't showing up on my computer. I will have to get my husband to take a look and see if he can figure out what's wrong.
Cathryn
Cowgirlzz
5% products discount

Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the pics.
Beautiful rockwork, and I love the caves!
My emerald reaches out with his claw like that, when I feed nori Smile

Well, I'm about to bite the bullet and order CP's along with a 40% glycolic peel kit Shock

My 46 yo skin will likely go into shock - I've never done anything for it other than a quick splash with soap & water PRN.

CG
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Cowgirlzz wrote:
Thanks for posting the pics.
Beautiful rockwork, and I love the caves!
My emerald reaches out with his claw like that, when I feed nori Smile

Well, I'm about to bite the bullet and order CP's along with a 40% glycolic peel kit Shock

My 46 yo skin will likely go into shock - I've never done anything for it other than a quick splash with soap & water PRN.

CG

Smile Thanks! I'm happy with the caves - there are a lot of places for the critters to find sanctuary. The little goons of the CUC are tearing up anything and everything! Water's looking spotless and the glass is on it's way to pristine with the turbos munching away happily.

I get a whole slew of zoos and a few other corals on Tuesday. Yowza, am I excited to add some color!

You'll be fine with your new routine, don't worry. Do take it slow and careful w/CPs and acids. Key is to research it and definitely listen to your skin. I think most people's disappointment comes with trying to go too quickly. I'm not sure of your plan but I'd recommend starting off with the weakest formula and work your way up. Mix diluted w/water for about 8 weeks (50/50 first 2 weeks and so on). Let me know, if you have questions or feel free to search/post on CPs. There's a lot of info out there on the board.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl,

Beautiful photo, you look fabulous. Your increasingly great pix are making it hard to resist this device. I already caved and ordered the Baby Q. Yep, finally made that "Sophie's Choice" we were talking about over on the other thread Smile I'm excited to get my hands on it and get started and once I see what that does for me, I guess I'll know whether I need the Nuface as well.

A bit OT, but could you tell me what camera you use for all your pix? They are always really good closeups. I am looking to get a new one and want to get one that will do great detail like yours does so I can track my progress using all these new products down to the smallest pores and wrinkles.

Praying you won't tell me it's one of those totally professional, expensive ones (tho from the photos it looks it, or maybe you are just a really good photographer?)

Thanks.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Nzgrrl wrote:
Scalawaggirl,

Beautiful photo, you look fabulous. Your increasingly great pix are making it hard to resist this device. I already caved and ordered the Baby Q. Yep, finally made that "Sophie's Choice" we were talking about over on the other thread Smile I'm excited to get my hands on it and get started and once I see what that does for me, I guess I'll know whether I need the Nuface as well.

A bit OT, but could you tell me what camera you use for all your pix? They are always really good closeups. I am looking to get a new one and want to get one that will do great detail like yours does so I can track my progress using all these new products down to the smallest pores and wrinkles.

Praying you won't tell me it's one of those totally professional, expensive ones (tho from the photos it looks it, or maybe you are just a really good photographer?)

Thanks.

Yeah, I know I'm not making things easier, huh? Laughing You will love the BQ, it is fab and I am very glad I own it.

You're going to laugh but all of my comparison pics are taken with my Canon Powershot S500 on the macro setting. I take them all by holding the camera out and snapping away - gotten pretty good at it! Then, I use Google's Picasa for uploading them. I take a whole bunch and dump most of them (light can be crap and so on). Also, I have it set to vivid and 1600x1200 (or something along those lines). I crop and resize for posts.

I have a high-end camera - Canon Rebel XT but I use that one for my tank shots and most of my special pics. My wedding pics were taken w/this camera. So, good news, yeah???

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl,

Laugh? I'm grinning from ear to ear (see? Very Happy ) By lucky coincidence, the camera I have been researching most and am pretty much ready to buy is the Canon Powershot A540. It gets great reviews everywhere and is really reasonably priced (tho I'm still waiting for a great internet deal--a girl's gotta save her pennies somewhere!)

One of the things I had heard about it was that the grip thing on the side made it easy to take photos of yourself, so I guess your effortless-looking shots prove that true. I'm assuming the A540 is not too different in features from yours so I'll follow your tips on the settings too, once I get it and take my "before" pictures. (oh, the horror Shock )

Thanks again for the help. Am psyched to get over there and get started using all these new machines (also ordered Clarisonic thanks to you and others).They are currently all lurking in plain brown paper wrappers at my m-i-l's house waiting my arrival at Christmas. (Sometimes a girl has to be her own Santa ...)

Ho Ho Ho!!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Scally, the tank looks totally cool! Wow, you seem to know A LOT about aquariums, fish, etc. I wouldn't even know where to begin (though those caves look like they'd be super fun to swim around in!)

I'm very impressed with how complicated your setup looks - I'm sure if I tried it, I'd have a bunch of dead critters floating in the tank! Sad
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Nzgrrl wrote:
Scalawaggirl,

Laugh? I'm grinning from ear to ear (see? Very Happy ) By lucky coincidence, the camera I have been researching most and am pretty much ready to buy is the Canon Powershot A540. It gets great reviews everywhere and is really reasonably priced (tho I'm still waiting for a great internet deal--a girl's gotta save her pennies somewhere!)

One of the things I had heard about it was that the grip thing on the side made it easy to take photos of yourself, so I guess your effortless-looking shots prove that true. I'm assuming the A540 is not too different in features from yours so I'll follow your tips on the settings too, once I get it and take my "before" pictures. (oh, the horror Shock )

Thanks again for the help. Am psyched to get over there and get started using all these new machines (also ordered Clarisonic thanks to you and others).They are currently all lurking in plain brown paper wrappers at my m-i-l's house waiting my arrival at Christmas. (Sometimes a girl has to be her own Santa ...)

Ho Ho Ho!!

Totally here you on being your own Santa!!! I do it, as well. Glad to know that you're on the way to some cool comparison pics. Smile

Quote:
Scally, the tank looks totally cool! Wow, you seem to know A LOT about aquariums, fish, etc. I wouldn't even know where to begin (though those caves look like they'd be super fun to swim around in!)

I'm very impressed with how complicated your setup looks - I'm sure if I tried it, I'd have a bunch of dead critters floating in the tank! Sad

MG, thanks! It is so much fun to watch the animals and it's sooo pretty (with corals and a fish or two). I'm taking it slow, as needed, because it's a work in process. I have experience with saltwater as I used to have a 125 gallon 6-foot reef about 3 years ago. Since I live on the 3rd floor, I thought it better to stick w/a smaller option so I could have my fix but not endanger the residents below me. Smile I'm getting my new corals tomorrow so am excited to see how everything is going to look. Of course, this is just the first batch. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
GUys, sorry for the stupid question, but how do you insert Emoticons into your messages?
I trieda few times, but no luck.

TIA,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Lucy/Sigma, Just double click on the icon you want to use & it will be inserted. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks and sorry for being so "forum" illiterate.

Lucy. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:29 am      Reply with quote
i cant believe im thinkin of purchasing this

clarisonic, lightstim, now this

im about to be broke
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Patrod. Could you post the link to the skincare board with "Deb's original list of supplements." I tried to find it, but am having no luck. Thanks!!!

patrod wrote:
I just checked over at the skincare board and thank goodness someone had Deb's original list of supplements saved! I thought for sure when you mentioned your source, it was deleted.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I can't believe this thing works!! The second time I used it I jumped in the shower to wash off the gel and my cheeks felt different. It kind of scared me. Surprised I looked in the mirror and couldn't see much difference but I kept feeling the side of my cheeks and they felt tighter. This morning I woke up and I could see a difference. I can see this is going to eleviate the bags I was beginning to get under my eyes also. So I am relieved I didn't just throw $450.00 away Very Happy I can't wait to see accumulative results.
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Jeannie:

How did you know I was here. I was posting a message when you asked that question. Scarry!!Anyways, hold on this will take a little time. I am not that good on the computer. I'll have it in about 30 minutes
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Jennie

I forgot how to do this. Give me a hint, I did it about 6 months ago successfully but forgot how I did it. I have both pages open, what next.
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Jeannie:

I just found out since I am such a new member of this board, I am unable to link you to another site.
Just sign up at the Diana Yvonne Skin Care Board and check under vitamins and supplements you will see the thread: Debbie's List.

Pat,
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |